Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17850 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Spider
What happened to you? Called for an "important business"?
Here is the fifth quality of a True Prophet of God;
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
E. Fifth Quality: Prophets are Role Models for their Followers:
God sends prophets to not only deliver His message to people, but also present themselves as “Role Models” to act on received guidance.
The followers only have to look at their prophets and try their level best to follow in their footsteps.
Prophets are the Perfect Models and every one of their followers should try to imitate them as much as they can.
In status Prophets are the Highest Level to which any human can get. Of all human beings, prophets are closest to God in Blessings and Stature and Position.
No follower can rise to the level of prophets or can even think of getting there or higher than them.
It is not for humans to speculate on Stature of their or other prophets and / or try to give them ranks. This is prerogative of God and God only.
One simile could be that prophets are blazing torches or shining lamps placed on the highest rocks and human folks getting light and warmth and directions thru these lamps and torches.
E1. Prophethood is a full time Job!
A prophet is on a full time mission from God. He spends very little time for his personal and family jobs and most of his time is spent in propagating the teachings which he received from God.
His job is not a Postman’s who just delivers the message and then is free of his responsibilities.
From the time he declares his mission and till he dies, or killed / Martyred in the cause of Mission, he is always a Prophet of God. We have not yet come to know a single case in which a prophet was “stripped off or dethroned” from the title of Prophethood.
God is far above from making wrong choices about whom He picks and selects to be His Prophets and Messengers.
Prophets coming into the world is not an every day event. It is one of these rarest of the rare events, if one considers human history of past 2000 years and counts the total numbers of humans born in this period in the whole world and the total number of prophets sent into world, the ratio could be one prophet for more than 100 Billion people or more!!
E2. Prophets declare unambiguously in the beginning of their missions that they are sent as a Prophet of God:
A prophet of God does not change his stand as his mission progresses. His stand from first to last day of his mission is the same.
And this is not a claim which "outsiders" can make for a prophet.
A prophet of God stands amongst people and speaks clearly and un ambiguously that he has been sent as a prophet and as a guide.
It is not that people "decide by popular vote" long after some one is dead that "such and such person" Might Have been a prophet of God, because it defeats the very purpsoe and position of a prophet as a public guide and a role model
Still no word from you as to why your religion abuses, rapes and murder little girls and why you support such barbarity.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17852 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Prophets are the Perfect Models and every one of their followers should try to imitate them as much as they can.
How exactly do you intend to do that? Marry a 6 year old like Muhammed? Carry out a genocidal campaign like Joshua? Marry 700 wives and 300 slave concubines like Solomon?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17853 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Before discussing qualities of these prophets, you have failed to prove the existence of prophechy or any other supernatural power or ability. The only miracle here is your persistent delusion :)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17854 Jul 26, 2013
All the evidence indicates that the supernatural does not exist. God and gods, angels, heaven and hell, etc, are all figments of the imagination, and exist solely in the brain/mind. They do not have physical existence in the natural world.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17855 Jul 26, 2013
You already posted this one. This disqualifies Muhammad as a prophet because he was a warlord, owned slaves, beat his own wives brutally, laughed when other women were whipped for merely annoying their husband.
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Spider

God sends prophets to not only deliver His message to people, but also present themselves as “Role Models” to act on received guidance.

The followers only have to look at their prophets and try their level best to follow in their footsteps.

In status Prophets are the Highest Level to which any human can get. Of all human beings, prophets are closest to God in Blessings and Stature and Position.

No follower can rise to the level of prophets or can even think of getting there or higher than them.

It is not for humans to speculate on Stature of their or other prophets and / or try to give them ranks. This is prerogative of God and God only.

One simile could be that prophets are blazing torches or shining lamps placed on the highest rocks and human folks getting light and warmth and directions thru these lamps and torches.

A prophet is on a full time mission from God. He spends very little time for his personal and family jobs and most of his time is spent in propagating the teachings which he received from God.

His job is not a Postman’s who just delivers the message and then is free of his responsibilities.

From the time he declares his mission and till he dies, or killed / Martyred in the cause of Mission, he is always a Prophet of God. We have not yet come to know a single case in which a prophet was “stripped off or dethroned” from the title of Prophethood.

God is far above from making wrong choices about whom He picks and selects to be His Prophets and Messengers.

Prophets coming into the world is not an every day event. It is one of these rarest of the rare events, if one considers human history of past 2000 years and counts the total numbers of humans born in this period in the whole world and the total number of prophets sent into world, the ratio could be one prophet for more than 100 Billion people or more!!

E2. Prophets declare unambiguously in the beginning of their missions that they are sent as a Prophet of God:

A prophet of God does not change his stand as his mission progresses. His stand from first to last day of his mission is the same.

A prophet of God stands amongst people and speaks clearly and un ambiguously that he has been sent as a prophet and as a guide.

It is not that people "decide by popular vote" long after some one is dead that "such and such person" Might Have been a prophet of God, because it defeats the very purpsoe and position of a prophet as a public guide and a role model
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17856 Jul 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You already posted this one. This disqualifies Muhammad as a prophet because he was a warlord, owned slaves, beat his own wives brutally, laughed when other women were whipped for merely annoying their husband.
<quoted text>
Sounds much like the bronze age/ iron age prophets of the old testament
Scandinavian

Mosjøen, Norway

#17857 Jul 26, 2013
Atheism would defet the religous soon...i realy hope so

Religion has no ground in 2013

Henderson, KY

#17858 Jul 26, 2013
Thank goodness civilized society has moved past such barbaric subhuman practices. Give Saudi Arabia another 1000 years they may catch up.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds much like the bronze age/ iron age prophets of the old testament
Scandinavian

Mosjøen, Norway

#17859 Jul 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thank goodness civilized society has moved past such barbaric subhuman practices. Give Saudi Arabia another 1000 years they may catch up.
<quoted text>
Coulndt said it better, and 150% agree
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17860 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Spider
Hello MUQ, yes I am very busy at present.
I reiterated a question, I see you are at present willing to answer in full with your belief's and views,,, this is good.
As we progress , I will record your statements and comment at the end. It is doubhtfull that we will ever agree,,, however, to share opinions is a good thing, a civilised thing. The time has come for all of man kind to be treated on a level playing regardless of beliefs or gender,,,,education should be open to all,,,the dark ages are over.

spider

Cambridge, UK

#17861 Jul 26, 2013
Scandinavian wrote:
<quoted text>
Coulndt said it better, and 150% agree
Care to expand on your comment ?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17862 Jul 27, 2013
Spider wrote:
Hello MUQ, yes I am very busy at present.
I reiterated a question, I see you are at present willing to answer in full with your belief's and views,,, this is good.
As we progress , I will record your statements and comment at the end. It is doubtful that we will ever agree,,, however, to share opinions is a good thing, a civilized thing. The time has come for all of man kind to be treated on a level playing regardless of beliefs or gender,.,,,education should be open to all,,,. the dark ages are over.
Ans.

Mr. Spider

I am sorry to say, but I see a marked disinterest in your attitude toward this topic.

And what is this thing, that I keep on posting my list of true qualities of prophet, and then in the end , you say “It is fine but I do not accept any of it, I was very busy, could you repeat it for me”!!

Islam allows people to play on “level field” but people should know what is a level field!!

Unless they know how important if the office of prophethood and how to distinguish a true prophet from a false prophet, they will never have a “level field”.

Dark age was over when the “first revelation” that was “IQRA” or read or recite or pronounce was given to our prophet 1400 years back.

It is strange that people want to take us back into the age of darkness, while we are standing in blazing daylight.

Henderson, KY

#17863 Jul 27, 2013
Muhammad by your own standards is a failed prophet... If he even existed.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Mr. Spider

I am sorry to say, but I see a marked disinterest in your attitude toward this topic.

And what is this thing, that I keep on posting my list of true qualities of prophet, and then in the end , you say “It is fine but I do not accept any of it, I was very busy, could you repeat it for me”!!

Islam allows people to play on “level field” but people should know what is a level field!!

Unless they know how important if the office of prophethood and how to distinguish a true prophet from a false prophet, they will never have a “level field”.

Dark age was over when the “first revelation” that was “IQRA” or read or recite or pronounce was given to our prophet 1400 years back.

It is strange that people want to take us back into the age of darkness, while we are standing in blazing daylight.
spider

Soham, UK

#17864 Jul 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Mr. Spider
Do you not see that your posts contradict one another,,,for instance, if Islam allows a level playing field then why are females denide an education ? why are they forced in to marriage ? why are they treated as second class citizens ? If that is Islam then Islam is wrong as it is unjust.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17865 Jul 28, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not see that your posts contradict one another,,,for instance, if Islam allows a level playing field then why are females denide an education ? why are they forced in to marriage ? why are they treated as second class citizens ? If that is Islam then Islam is wrong as it is unjust.
Why change the topic all of a sudden?

First we should finish our discussion on Qualities of True prophets of God, then we can take other issues.

I will not run away from this thread, Inshallah, i.e. Allah willing.

I do not want to have multiple discussion with same person on the same thread.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17866 Jul 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First we should finish our discussion on Qualities of True prophets of God, then we can take other issues.
Why do you abuse, rape and murder little girls in the name of your god?
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17867 Jul 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't changed the topic,,,, you have been posting what you believe to be the qualities of a true prophet,,,the idea was that I would comment, offer my opinion, ask a question here and there, this is precisely what I am doing. Strange that you were more than happy to answer my question regarding your occupation,,,you didn't complain then did you.

Henderson, KY

#17868 Jul 28, 2013
Because you pointed out a valid point and concern regarding Islam. It made him uncomfortable and as usual when he is uncomfortable with a point he either runs away like a coward or makes excuses why he doesn't want to talk about it.

It took him 3 months to admit Muslims show a deep religious reverence to a she camel! Yes they revere an animal!
spider wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't changed the topic,,,, you have been posting what you believe to be the qualities of a true prophet,,,the idea was that I would comment, offer my opinion, ask a question here and there, this is precisely what I am doing. Strange that you were more than happy to answer my question regarding your occupation,,,you didn't complain then did you.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#17869 Jul 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because you pointed out a valid point and concern regarding Islam. It made him uncomfortable and as usual when he is uncomfortable with a point he either runs away like a coward or makes excuses why he doesn't want to talk about it.
It took him 3 months to admit Muslims show a deep religious reverence to a she camel! Yes they revere an animal!
<quoted text>
That is truly odd, that they consider Allah to have made no creation mistakes that needed their fixing other than alteration of the female human genitalia. On all other specie's females he apparently did it right. Do they ever consider, "How can the female of the any species be so much less valued, than the male?" Is the female goat not as worthy as even the crappiest of the males? His religion would say not. His religion would also say that the queen bee has no value along side of any male bees.

Camels? Allah gets that one right? I don't think so, neither are of much value other than as meat and/or transportation, without the other.

Henderson, KY

#17870 Jul 28, 2013
Yes they praise a she camel. A female camel is worth more than any woman in Islam by their own Quran.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That is truly odd, that they consider Allah to have made no creation mistakes that needed their fixing other than alteration of the female human genitalia. On all other specie's females he apparently did it right. Do they ever consider, "How can the female of the any species be so much less valued, than the male?" Is the female goat not as worthy as even the crappiest of the males? His religion would say not. His religion would also say that the queen bee has no value along side of any male bees.

Camels? Allah gets that one right? I don't think so, neither are of much value other than as meat and/or transportation, without the other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr blacklagoon 3 81,867
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 14 hr Science 2,196
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web