Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,228

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17795 Jul 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Spider here I post the next Quality....
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
E. Fifth Quality: Prophets are Role Models for their Followers:
God sends prophets to not only deliver His message to people, but also present themselves as “Role Models” to act on received guidance.
The followers only have to look at their prophets and try their level best to follow in their footsteps.
Prophets are the Perfect Models and every one of their followers should try to imitate them as much as they can.
In status Prophets are the Highest Level to which any human can get. Of all human beings, prophets are closest to God in Blessings and Stature and Position.
No follower can rise to the level of prophets or can even think of getting there or higher than them.
It is not for humans to speculate on Stature of their or other prophets and / or try to give them ranks. This is prerogative of God and God only.
One simile could be that prophets are blazing torches or shining lamps placed on the highest rocks and human folks getting light and warmth and directions thru these lamps and torches.
E1. Prophethood is a full time Job!
A prophet is on a full time mission from God. He spends very little time for his personal and family jobs and most of his time is spent in propagating the teachings which he received from God.
His job is not a Postman’s who just delivers the message and then is free of his responsibilities.
From the time he declares his mission and till he dies, or killed / Martyred in the cause of Mission, he is always a Prophet of God. We have not yet come to know a single case in which a prophet was “stripped off or dethroned” from the title of Prophethood.
God is far above from making wrong choices about whom He picks and selects to be His Prophets and Messengers.
Prophets coming into the world is not an every day event. It is one of these rarest of the rare events, if one considers human history of past 2000 years and counts the total numbers of humans born in this period in the whole world and the total number of prophets sent into world, the ratio could be one prophet for more than 100 Billion people or more!!
E2. Prophets declare unambiguously in the beginning of their missions that they are sent as a Prophet of God:
A prophet of God does not change his stand as his mission progresses. His stand from first to last day of his mission is the same.
And this is not a claim which "outsiders" can make for a prophet.
A prophet of God stands amongst people and speaks clearly and un ambiguously that he has been sent as a prophet and as a guide.
It is not that people "decide by popular vote" long after some one is dead that "such and such person" Might Have been a prophet of God, because it defeats the very purpose and position of a prophet as a public guide and a role model
I see.

So what you are saying is that no matter how much we strive to learn, we can never attain the enlightenment of a prophet?

Well, you've convinced me... why even bother trying?

Who else wants to go have some fun* instead of worrying about if Allah likes it?

*Golden Rule applies so no murder or mayhem or crusading or jihads.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17796 Jul 22, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So what you are saying is that no matter how much we strive to learn, we can never attain the enlightenment of a prophet?
Well, you've convinced me... why even bother trying?
Who else wants to go have some fun* instead of worrying about if Allah likes it?
*Golden Rule applies so no murder or mayhem or crusading or jihads.
Prophethood is a gift from God, not an Earned thing.

The age of prophethood was over 1400 years ago, when the Last and Final prophet came till the end of the world.

This discussion is about qualities to distinguish a True Prophet of God from false ones.

You should see earlier set of qualities and not jump in between.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17800 Jul 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The age of prophethood was over 1400 years ago, when the Last and Final prophet came till the end of the world.
How can you possibly know this? An all powerful God could chose a spokesperson at any time or any place of his chosing. Unless of course you think God only speaks to insane people?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17801 Jul 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This discussion is about qualities to distinguish a True Prophet of God from false ones.
This subject is already closed. A true prophet would be able to predict future events with 100% accuracy. These predictions would give specific details of names, places and times, not vague guesswork. This of course has never happened.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17802 Jul 23, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
GITMO is an abomination. Waterboarding is torture.There are sme fascists in the US who would worship that President.Personally, I would have no problem with a US President being summoned to the Hague on War Crimes..
Agree. I think UK ex-PM Tony Blair is also a possible war criminal.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17803 Jul 23, 2013
GM wrote:

Not strange at all.

The Bible has clearly been demonstrated to be used by those who desire and wield power.

As a skeptic of the Bible, where should I turn? the Quran? The Vedas?

They have the same problem as the Bible.

Now what would be interesting is the ideas that is common among all religions.

Would that be a universal teaching?

Almost divinely inspired?

Oddly enough, there seems to be one idea.

What do you think that would be?

You challenge Christians on the Atheism forum to come forward?

Hell, I contend that Christianity died on the Cross and Paul, the Christian hunter, subverted it for his own ends.

GITMO is an abomination.

Water boarding is torture.

There are some fascists in the US who would worship that President.

Personally, I would have no problem with a US President being summoned to the Hague on War Crimes.

In one particular case, I'll grant leniency on arrested development. Put the puppet master on trial with the condition his business profiteering are also at risk with the same fate. Even if they are now running under a new alias <cough>kay0bee0are<co ugh>.

Funny how Blackwater got a bit of publicity during that time period they are now known as Xe.

It's like the wild, wild west. Wanted for murder, cattle rustling, rape, cattle raping, just change your name...
Ans.

A. Re: Bible

My advice to you is to look towards Quran and it will set you free from looking any other book for guidance.

You will not face the "same problem" in Quran as you face in Bible.

B. Christianity on Atheism Thread:

There should be no taboo on atheism thread to discuss any thing.

I think it is mainly Christians who are getting "bitten" by this Atheism virus.

They need Islamic Anti Virus to cure of their disease!!

C. GITMO and US fascists:

It seems that these Fascists have taken control of both major political parties.

It is they who are calling the shots and majority of US population is moot spectators.

They are "happy" that they have freedom of thoughts and freedom to make fun of any religion and any religious personality and freedom to engage in any and every immoral activity.

This is new definition of American Dream!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17804 Jul 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. I think UK ex-PM Tony Blair is also a possible war criminal.
When you try main culprit any "poodle" will come along too!
Thinking

York, UK

#17805 Jul 23, 2013
Do you remember the islamist poodles that killed other islamist poodles when they got mad about those Danish cartoons, only to find that they had been embellished by islamist poodles...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try main culprit any "poodle" will come along too!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17806 Jul 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
The acts of evil my priests and muslims towards children is proof that there is no God. If there was an all-loving God then it is reasonsable to expect him to stop such abuse from happening. As no intervention is made then no God exists.
Of course no god never existed only myths.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17807 Jul 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is GITMO?
You also worship a "Terrorist President"?
US presidents are ever terrorists or they are killed.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17808 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
How nice do you regard yourself to be?
<quoted text>
God was at no time existent.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17809 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
As Give Me Liberty says, scientologists are not Atheists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson#M...
But you are still a nobjockey.
<quoted text>
Atheists are atheists nothing else.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17810 Jul 23, 2013
EdSed wrote:
And clearly there's no Abrahamic god-allah (or gods).
Even if there were some sort of Creator of the Universe and we chose to refer to it as a god (or gods) the entity clearly has nothing to do with religions. All Abrahamic gods and these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
are fairly obviously man's constuctions based on early superstitions and politics.
There is no sound evidence or reason to think that it intervenes in human or natural events.
Religion = superstition
I think religion and religious faith should be seen in the context of mankind's development. Humanity is only a few million years old and modern society a few hundred years old. I think that superstitions (including religions) may come to be seen as a part of human development.
As far as I can see the nuclear Age is the final end of humanity.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17811 Jul 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are "happy" that they have freedom of thoughts and freedom to make fun of any religion and any religious personality and freedom to engage in any and every immoral activity.
This is new definition of American Dream!!
I suspect your dislike of America is a symptom of your Islamic brainwashing.

I can tell you what is >real< "immoral activity", it is fundies thinking that everyone will burn in hell whilst they and a handful of others will enjoy pleasures in paradise.
Thinking

York, UK

#17812 Jul 23, 2013
German wind turbines kill far more per MW generated than most other methods of energy generation - including nuclear. The majority of deaths are due to the huge amount of steel manufactured for wind farms.
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I can see the nuclear Age is the final end of humanity.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17813 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
German wind turbines kill far more per MW generated than most other methods of energy generation - including nuclear. The majority of deaths are due to the huge amount of steel manufactured for wind farms.
<quoted text>
I think our German friend thinks its likely there will be an imminent all-out nuclear war that would destroy everyone. I think thats possible but not very likely.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17814 Jul 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
A. Re: Bible
My advice to you is to look towards Quran and it will set you free from looking any other book for guidance.
You will not face the "same problem" in Quran as you face in Bible.
But if you had been born to a Christian family in a Christian country you would likely think the Bible is God's word. That how religion works.
Thinking

York, UK

#17815 Jul 23, 2013
Certainly I'm very glad that Germany didn't get their hands on nuclear weapons when henry was a child, 70 years ago.

I think it is possible that a dirty bomb or a small bomb will be detonated somewhere where it will kill thousands. By small, I mean around a third or a half the size of the WWII bombs - still extremely significant - but not world enders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_North_Korea...
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think our German friend thinks its likely there will be an imminent all-out nuclear war that would destroy everyone. I think thats possible but not very likely.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17816 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Certainly I'm very glad that Germany didn't get their hands on nuclear weapons when henry was a child, 70 years ago.
<quoted text>
I think they were not too far off, cause the US took 700 Nazi scientists out of Germany at the end of the war, under codename Operation Paperclip.
Thinking

York, UK

#17817 Jul 23, 2013
In a similar vein, the RAF flew Niels Bohr out of Sweden in the bomb bay of a Mosquito - quite a story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr#Nazi...
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they were not too far off, cause the US took 700 Nazi scientists out of Germany at the end of the war, under codename Operation Paperclip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Joe fortuna 233,034
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,590
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr ChristineM 1,449
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr polymath257 159
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 192
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 7 hr ratboyhunter 34
More from around the web