Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 843)

Showing posts 16,841 - 16,860 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

misterfrost wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse "capitalism" with corporatism and there is a huge difference.
But does not corporatism expose the fatal flaw with capitalism?

It's the same problem that crops up in communism. Greed.

I've yet to see any idea that can adequately harness a sociopath in power with any economic system.

All we've done is changed the card game from War to Poker. And the sociopaths have learned how to mark the deck.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not discuss "internal difference" between various sects and denominations of Jews, Christians , Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs either.
We leave that people of their faith.
To us they are part of the main religion and that is best policy we should adopt when discussing in such types of open forums, where people of every religions are participating.
Why should "I break my head" over what Catholics and Protestants differ? We "Only" see that one' Bible has 66 Books and another' 73 books!!
Is it not strange?
Not strange at all.

The Bible has clearly been demonstrated to be used by those who desire and wield power.

As a skeptic of the Bible, where should I turn? the Qu'ran? The Vedas?

They have the same problem as the Bible.

Now what would be interesting is the ideas that is common among all religions.

Would that be a universal teaching?

Almost divinely inspired?

Oddly enough, there seems to be one idea.

What do you think that would be?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunni and Shia Muslims have a different collection of Hadith. That also is strange.
No doubt each one things they are right, and the other sect are apostates.
MUQ, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Hadiths are thoughts on the teachings of the Mohammed well after his life.

It would be like saying that Papal decrees from the Vatican or the Eastern Orthodox Church are Gospels.

The best comparison I can come up with is the Hadiths are like the musings of St. Augustine on Christianity.

You may disagree with those thoughts but some people will treat them as if they were from God herself.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge Christians to come forward and prove that they follow what jesus taught and preached.
Most of them are following what St. Paul told them and this St. Paul was not a disciple of jesus. He never met him, not learned any thing from him and did not learn any thing from the chosen 12 disciples of Jesus.
His claim of Apostle of Jesus was self made and it was he who turned simple teachings of Jesus upside down and brought out a New edition of what Jesus taught.
As for Muslims, we try to follow as best as what our prophet taught. We did not change any of his teachings.... out shortcoming is only to the extent we follow.
Word of Allah and sayings of our prophet are preserved in the same condition as when they were uttered.
There is a lot of difference when Muslims argue and when Christians argue.
You challenge Christians on the Atheism forum to come forward?

Hell, I contend that Christianity died on the Cross and Paul, the Christian hunter, subverted it for his own ends.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
When the name Muhammad is the most popular name in the uk I'd suggest atheism is the least of your concerns. Can I get a Allah Akkbar!! Them Muslims are raising the roof everywhere, even in Canada a first happened a bunch of muslim immigrants are taking our government to court because they want citizenship but do not want to swear alliiegance to the Queen. Go figure crusades... Ect.... Thinking in running in politics next time I suggest we put them in a sea container drill some holes and push it out to sea. After all would a Muslim expect an infidel to do anything different? Just saying,
Wait.
Canadians still swear allegiance to the Queen of England?!?

So the Maple Leaf is a false flag for the Union Jack?!?

Be careful how you answer... there's a lot of oil in them thar tar sands....

The US has been known to invade countries because they have cake. yellow cake. with chocolate frosting. and sprinkles. with ice cream. and oil.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is GITMO?
You also worship a "Terrorist President"?
GITMO is an abomination.

Waterboarding is torture.

There are some fascists in the US who would worship that President.

Personally, I would have no problem with a US President being summoned to the Hague on War Crimes.

In one particular case, I'll grant leniency on arrested development. Put the puppetmaster on trial with the condition his business profiteering are also at risk with the same fate. Even if they are now running under a new alias <cough>kay0bee0are<co ugh>.

Funny how Blackwater got a bit of publicity during that time period they are now known as Xe.

It's like the wild, wild west. Wanted for murder, cattle rustling, rape, cattle raping, just change your name...

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Mr. Spider here I post the next Quality....
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
E. Fifth Quality: Prophets are Role Models for their Followers:
God sends prophets to not only deliver His message to people, but also present themselves as “Role Models” to act on received guidance.
The followers only have to look at their prophets and try their level best to follow in their footsteps.
Prophets are the Perfect Models and every one of their followers should try to imitate them as much as they can.
In status Prophets are the Highest Level to which any human can get. Of all human beings, prophets are closest to God in Blessings and Stature and Position.
No follower can rise to the level of prophets or can even think of getting there or higher than them.
It is not for humans to speculate on Stature of their or other prophets and / or try to give them ranks. This is prerogative of God and God only.
One simile could be that prophets are blazing torches or shining lamps placed on the highest rocks and human folks getting light and warmth and directions thru these lamps and torches.
E1. Prophethood is a full time Job!
A prophet is on a full time mission from God. He spends very little time for his personal and family jobs and most of his time is spent in propagating the teachings which he received from God.
His job is not a Postman’s who just delivers the message and then is free of his responsibilities.
From the time he declares his mission and till he dies, or killed / Martyred in the cause of Mission, he is always a Prophet of God. We have not yet come to know a single case in which a prophet was “stripped off or dethroned” from the title of Prophethood.
God is far above from making wrong choices about whom He picks and selects to be His Prophets and Messengers.
Prophets coming into the world is not an every day event. It is one of these rarest of the rare events, if one considers human history of past 2000 years and counts the total numbers of humans born in this period in the whole world and the total number of prophets sent into world, the ratio could be one prophet for more than 100 Billion people or more!!
E2. Prophets declare unambiguously in the beginning of their missions that they are sent as a Prophet of God:
A prophet of God does not change his stand as his mission progresses. His stand from first to last day of his mission is the same.
And this is not a claim which "outsiders" can make for a prophet.
A prophet of God stands amongst people and speaks clearly and un ambiguously that he has been sent as a prophet and as a guide.
It is not that people "decide by popular vote" long after some one is dead that "such and such person" Might Have been a prophet of God, because it defeats the very purpose and position of a prophet as a public guide and a role model
I see.

So what you are saying is that no matter how much we strive to learn, we can never attain the enlightenment of a prophet?

Well, you've convinced me... why even bother trying?

Who else wants to go have some fun* instead of worrying about if Allah likes it?

*Golden Rule applies so no murder or mayhem or crusading or jihads.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So what you are saying is that no matter how much we strive to learn, we can never attain the enlightenment of a prophet?
Well, you've convinced me... why even bother trying?
Who else wants to go have some fun* instead of worrying about if Allah likes it?
*Golden Rule applies so no murder or mayhem or crusading or jihads.
Prophethood is a gift from God, not an Earned thing.

The age of prophethood was over 1400 years ago, when the Last and Final prophet came till the end of the world.

This discussion is about qualities to distinguish a True Prophet of God from false ones.

You should see earlier set of qualities and not jump in between.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The age of prophethood was over 1400 years ago, when the Last and Final prophet came till the end of the world.
How can you possibly know this? An all powerful God could chose a spokesperson at any time or any place of his chosing. Unless of course you think God only speaks to insane people?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This discussion is about qualities to distinguish a True Prophet of God from false ones.
This subject is already closed. A true prophet would be able to predict future events with 100% accuracy. These predictions would give specific details of names, places and times, not vague guesswork. This of course has never happened.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
GITMO is an abomination. Waterboarding is torture.There are sme fascists in the US who would worship that President.Personally, I would have no problem with a US President being summoned to the Hague on War Crimes..
Agree. I think UK ex-PM Tony Blair is also a possible war criminal.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

GM wrote:

Not strange at all.

The Bible has clearly been demonstrated to be used by those who desire and wield power.

As a skeptic of the Bible, where should I turn? the Quran? The Vedas?

They have the same problem as the Bible.

Now what would be interesting is the ideas that is common among all religions.

Would that be a universal teaching?

Almost divinely inspired?

Oddly enough, there seems to be one idea.

What do you think that would be?

You challenge Christians on the Atheism forum to come forward?

Hell, I contend that Christianity died on the Cross and Paul, the Christian hunter, subverted it for his own ends.

GITMO is an abomination.

Water boarding is torture.

There are some fascists in the US who would worship that President.

Personally, I would have no problem with a US President being summoned to the Hague on War Crimes.

In one particular case, I'll grant leniency on arrested development. Put the puppet master on trial with the condition his business profiteering are also at risk with the same fate. Even if they are now running under a new alias <cough>kay0bee0are<co ugh>.

Funny how Blackwater got a bit of publicity during that time period they are now known as Xe.

It's like the wild, wild west. Wanted for murder, cattle rustling, rape, cattle raping, just change your name...
Ans.

A. Re: Bible

My advice to you is to look towards Quran and it will set you free from looking any other book for guidance.

You will not face the "same problem" in Quran as you face in Bible.

B. Christianity on Atheism Thread:

There should be no taboo on atheism thread to discuss any thing.

I think it is mainly Christians who are getting "bitten" by this Atheism virus.

They need Islamic Anti Virus to cure of their disease!!

C. GITMO and US fascists:

It seems that these Fascists have taken control of both major political parties.

It is they who are calling the shots and majority of US population is moot spectators.

They are "happy" that they have freedom of thoughts and freedom to make fun of any religion and any religious personality and freedom to engage in any and every immoral activity.

This is new definition of American Dream!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. I think UK ex-PM Tony Blair is also a possible war criminal.
When you try main culprit any "poodle" will come along too!
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Do you remember the islamist poodles that killed other islamist poodles when they got mad about those Danish cartoons, only to find that they had been embellished by islamist poodles...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try main culprit any "poodle" will come along too!
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
The acts of evil my priests and muslims towards children is proof that there is no God. If there was an all-loving God then it is reasonsable to expect him to stop such abuse from happening. As no intervention is made then no God exists.
Of course no god never existed only myths.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is GITMO?
You also worship a "Terrorist President"?
US presidents are ever terrorists or they are killed.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
How nice do you regard yourself to be?
<quoted text>
God was at no time existent.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
As Give Me Liberty says, scientologists are not Atheists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson#M...
But you are still a nobjockey.
<quoted text>
Atheists are atheists nothing else.
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

EdSed wrote:
And clearly there's no Abrahamic god-allah (or gods).
Even if there were some sort of Creator of the Universe and we chose to refer to it as a god (or gods) the entity clearly has nothing to do with religions. All Abrahamic gods and these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
are fairly obviously man's constuctions based on early superstitions and politics.
There is no sound evidence or reason to think that it intervenes in human or natural events.
Religion = superstition
I think religion and religious faith should be seen in the context of mankind's development. Humanity is only a few million years old and modern society a few hundred years old. I think that superstitions (including religions) may come to be seen as a part of human development.
As far as I can see the nuclear Age is the final end of humanity.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are "happy" that they have freedom of thoughts and freedom to make fun of any religion and any religious personality and freedom to engage in any and every immoral activity.
This is new definition of American Dream!!
I suspect your dislike of America is a symptom of your Islamic brainwashing.

I can tell you what is >real< "immoral activity", it is fundies thinking that everyone will burn in hell whilst they and a handful of others will enjoy pleasures in paradise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,841 - 16,860 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••