Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23814 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Chatteris, UK

#17755 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
The topic of our discussion is Qualities of True prophets of God.
I do not want to start multiple discussions on the same thread on different topics at the same time.
Where is Mr. Spider the "lead man" ? Why is he hiding? I do not see him being active ?
Why this sudden loss of interest?
Can anyone take his place? Except Mr. Fadu Singh, because he handed over that baton.
May I ask,,, what is your occupation ?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17756 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I do not want to start multiple discussions on the same thread on different topics at the same time.
Where is Mr. Spider the "lead man" ? Why is he hiding? I do not see him being active ?
Can anyone take his place? Except Mr. Fadu Singh, because he handed over that baton.
More garbage from our resident pedophile.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17757 Jul 19, 2013
He has said he is a janitor at the airport I believe it was.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask,,, what is your occupation ?
henry

Flöha, Germany

#17758 Jul 20, 2013
misterfrost wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse "capitalism" with corporatism and there is a huge difference.
Capitalism is the ruling System. The nuclear Age is on its way to destroy mankind. No Chance to escape for humanity. Harrisburg, Three miles,Ttchernobyl, Fukushima are just way marks for the Ends of human life. The AKWs fasten the Inferno.

Louisville, KY

#17759 Jul 20, 2013
His coffin will be a trash can.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>More garbage from our resident pedophile.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17760 Jul 20, 2013
She's coming to get you, Muq....
http://thenonprophet.tumblr.com/post/34087165...

And all you have is Islamism.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17761 Jul 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He has said he is a janitor at the airport I believe it was.
<quoted text>
He takes out the trash ....when he leaves to go home.

Louisville, KY

#17762 Jul 20, 2013
Lol :)

It would take him 2 years to catch that joke! Nicely done!
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>He takes out the trash ....when he leaves to go home.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17764 Jul 20, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask,,, what is your occupation ?
I am an Engineer by profession and I am an Indian working is Saudi Arabia for many years.

Does it help in our discussion?

Why are you not commenting on the qualities of True Prophet that I am posting?

Louisville, KY

#17765 Jul 20, 2013
No he'll blow himself up killing Christians like you.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>So you plan on killing him?

Louisville, KY

#17766 Jul 20, 2013
Janitor at the airport as you sad before. They call it what cleanliness engineer right?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I am an Engineer by profession and I am an Indian working is Saudi Arabia for many years.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17767 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Engineer by profession and I am an Indian working is Saudi Arabia for many years.
Because you're lying to us and cannot present ANY evidence.

But you know this already.

Location hidden

#17768 Jul 21, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you plan on killing him?
Atheism has nothing to do with murder. Creationists cannot lie their way out of their hate.

Location hidden

#17769 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Your mental illness does not warrant a discussion in the topix atheism forum.
LCN Llin

United States

#17770 Jul 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism has nothing to do with murder. Creationists cannot lie their way out of their hate.
tell Charles Manson
LOL

Louisville, KY

#17772 Jul 21, 2013
He incorporated Scientology with his followers and declared himself a prophet. But even if we forget all of those facts the Manson family never once killed in the name of atheism.

Making a jackass out of yourself as usual I see.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>tell Charles Manson
LOL
Thinking

York, UK

#17773 Jul 21, 2013
As Give Me Liberty says, scientologists are not Atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson#M...

But you are still a nobjockey.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
tell Charles Manson
LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17778 Jul 21, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is all about murder. It is the root cause of murder in one way or the other. It breeds lies and deception. You are fully duped.
Remember: only TERRORISTS use torture.

You worship a TERRORIST-GOD.

Sad.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17779 Jul 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Remember: only TERRORISTS use torture.
You worship a TERRORIST-GOD.
Sad.
What is GITMO?

You also worship a "Terrorist President"?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17780 Jul 21, 2013
Mr. Spider here I post the next Quality....

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

E. Fifth Quality: Prophets are Role Models for their Followers:

God sends prophets to not only deliver His message to people, but also present themselves as “Role Models” to act on received guidance.

The followers only have to look at their prophets and try their level best to follow in their footsteps.

Prophets are the Perfect Models and every one of their followers should try to imitate them as much as they can.

In status Prophets are the Highest Level to which any human can get. Of all human beings, prophets are closest to God in Blessings and Stature and Position.

No follower can rise to the level of prophets or can even think of getting there or higher than them.

It is not for humans to speculate on Stature of their or other prophets and / or try to give them ranks. This is prerogative of God and God only.

One simile could be that prophets are blazing torches or shining lamps placed on the highest rocks and human folks getting light and warmth and directions thru these lamps and torches.

E1. Prophethood is a full time Job!

A prophet is on a full time mission from God. He spends very little time for his personal and family jobs and most of his time is spent in propagating the teachings which he received from God.

His job is not a Postman’s who just delivers the message and then is free of his responsibilities.

From the time he declares his mission and till he dies, or killed / Martyred in the cause of Mission, he is always a Prophet of God. We have not yet come to know a single case in which a prophet was “stripped off or dethroned” from the title of Prophethood.

God is far above from making wrong choices about whom He picks and selects to be His Prophets and Messengers.

Prophets coming into the world is not an every day event. It is one of these rarest of the rare events, if one considers human history of past 2000 years and counts the total numbers of humans born in this period in the whole world and the total number of prophets sent into world, the ratio could be one prophet for more than 100 Billion people or more!!

E2. Prophets declare unambiguously in the beginning of their missions that they are sent as a Prophet of God:

A prophet of God does not change his stand as his mission progresses. His stand from first to last day of his mission is the same.

And this is not a claim which "outsiders" can make for a prophet.

A prophet of God stands amongst people and speaks clearly and un ambiguously that he has been sent as a prophet and as a guide.

It is not that people "decide by popular vote" long after some one is dead that "such and such person" Might Have been a prophet of God, because it defeats the very purpose and position of a prophet as a public guide and a role model

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 min -Stray Dog 3,075
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min woodtick57 18,778
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min polymath257 27,267
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 29 min Gary Coaldigger 8,072
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min Joe Fortuna 253,321
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Richardfs 5,971
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr ATHEOI 3,967
More from around the web