Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 839)

Showing posts 16,761 - 16,780 of21,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I find it diabolical that they protect paedophiles,(never mind ironic!:-).By the way, I didn't write that the Vatican criticised the UK. It was the EU court of human rights....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2013/jul/09/who...
<quoted text>Too true. And it isn't just the child abuse, insane advice like don't use condoms...
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/06/...
There seems to have been money-laundering and links to organised crime too.
If this were a secular organisation RC's would be horrified and withdraw their support, but call it the Church and it can do no wrong. That's religion for you, or at least religious sectarianism. And I'm still not convinced they've learned that when there's a crime (outside the Vatican 'precincts') you call the police, just like any secular organisation.
Yes... I did not mention their programs of lies surrounding condom use.

Until recently, condoms were the **only** real and inexpensive way to help prevent the spread of STDs, including AIDS.

But the Vatican **lied** about condoms... out and out lied. No way to spin what they said, except to call it lies.

Disgusting.

Vatican is **directly** responsible for most of the spread of AIDS in Africa.

Directly.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>correction: it was a ruling by the ECHR (European Court of Human Rights)
Aaah. Thanks.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

I think the islamists have a real problem here.
The OT god was a total unapologetic bastard.
The NT marketing relaunch said god was lovely, but satan was evil.
As islam is plagiarised from the NT and the OT, they have to pretend their god nice too, even though he is still just another petty vengeful bastard.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I gues the other alternatives are having an evil God or an indifferent God.
Maybe an evil God would explain why bad things happen to good people. Maybe Muq can answer this, does Allah hate unbelievers and love believers?
But why would anyone >want< to worship an entity full of hate and violence towards most of humankind? Only an evil mind could conceive the idea that it is just to reward a group of arabs with 72 virgins each, whilst torturing the remainder of humankind with fire.
The other alternative being an entity that is indifferent to human affairs. There would be no point in worshipping it.
I think the last alternative perhaps fits reality, as nature is itself amoral. It is unconcerned with right and wrong. So a creator if one existed would have the same attributes as nature which it is creating. Or of course there could just be nature and no imaginary sky people.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

True true. I just wonder why anyone would join or remain in such a brutal death cult like Islam especially women.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>convincing people it's a religion of peace?..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_violen...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middl...

I think Muslims display even more blindness about religion than RCs -(all things being possible :-)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Hm you sure do speak a lot for this imaginary friend you call God. It seems like he should speak for himself in this day and age.

Let's hear from the organ grinder already and not the little dancing monkey eh?
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>That's silly. God did not create programmed robots that follow a set of algorythms. He created humans and gave them a free will to do what they want. The reason people kill and rape is because they are evil and have the devil in their hearts. Don't blame it on God. They kill because of the evil spirit inside them.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Even the scientific verses that you claim to be in Quran was esoteric and beyond comprehension limits of 7th century Arabs.Just saying.
Please stand aside and watch these discussions. You have lost your chance to discuss any thing with me.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stand aside and watch these discussions. You have lost your chance to discuss any thing with me.
Please tell us when you're finished lying about god and presenting no evidence whatsoever.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>
That's silly. God did not create programmed robots that follow a set of algorythms. He created humans and gave them a free will to do what they want. The reason people kill and rape is because they are evil and have the devil in their hearts. Don't blame it on God. They kill because of the evil spirit inside them.
There's no such thing as god. Your mental illness does not apply to the rest of the world.

Its a shame that you have not grown up and become aware of the world in which you live.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

SG wrote:
01. The people who write the Bible and Quran can be considered primitive compared to most people today.

02. Today we rightly reject slavery, sex-slavery, stoning people to death, and other barbaric laws and punishments.

03. We now reject superstitious beliefs like exorcisms and blood letting. The enlightened amongst us also reject prayer.

04. If you have any sense you will take an antibiotic for illness, rather than engage in prayer alone.

05. It is science and education that make us different from people in ancient societies. It is not that they were stupid, it is just that they were very superstitious. The superstition, magnified by the organized superstition of religion, made people in the past appear stupid by acting in irrational ways and doing crazy things.
Ans.

01. I cannot comment on Bible, but Quran is still a challenge for whole mankind. If anyone is in doubt that this was written by any one except the Lord and Creator of this Universe, let them bring a "better book" than Quran.

No one came forward to take that challenge in past 1400 years, may be you could do better!!

02. You reject "barbaric" punishments and introduce "human punishments" and society if filled with crimes and immorality and every sort of ill.

03. There is no exorcism in Islam and there is no blood letting. The so called "enlightened " do not understand the power of prayers, so they are excused.

04. If medicines can cure every disease, then why people still die, inside hospitals and right on operation table?

Islam asks us to treat our disease, but have faith and pray Allah for curing the disease. It is double action that works better than your "single action"

05. Islam is not against science and education. But we should know their limits.

We should not misuse science and education to deny our Creator and His guidance given to us.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I cannot comment on Bible, but Quran is still a challenge for whole mankind. If anyone is in doubt that this was written by any one except the Lord and Creator of this Universe, let them bring a "better book" than Quran.
No one came forward to take that challenge in past 1400 years, may be you could do better!!
02. You reject "barbaric" punishments and introduce "human punishments" and society if filled with crimes and immorality and every sort of ill.
03. There is no exorcism in Islam and there is no blood letting. The so called "enlightened " do not understand the power of prayers, so they are excused.
04. If medicines can cure every disease, then why people still die, inside hospitals and right on operation table?
Islam asks us to treat our disease, but have faith and pray Allah for curing the disease. It is double action that works better than your "single action"
05. Islam is not against science and education. But we should know their limits.
We should not misuse science and education to deny our Creator and His guidance given to us.
It doesn't matter if you are dodging me but what irks me is the fact still you're far away from the point that I wanted you to make clear.I handed over baton to Spider not to see you avoid posting relevant answers but rather see you answering my questions.
The 3 posts that you have posted on qualities of prophet is not at all on criteria to identify true prophets.Had they been pertaining to our discussion I wouldn't be posting this post and waited until you finished up with your "20 posts".What seems to be imminent to me is that you would end up posting your 20 posts irrelevant to the topic and finally call us "biased" and "incompetent ".
Stay focused and at least post one criterion to check true prophecy!

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Answering to all of your points in this post in order.
01."No one came forward to take that challenge in past 1400 years, may be you could do better!!"
This claim you had made at least for the 1000th time on Topix now.Yet,you have not clarified what is so stunning about Quran that it cannot be imitated.
02.Half true,half wrong.Though there are some countries with high crime rates with civilized laws,countries like Sweden,Norway,Iceland,etc are doing much better than Middle east as far as crime reduction,control is concerned.
Furthermore,Sharia laws are bit weird.The ordinary crimes like robbery leads to amputation of thieves' hands but a rapist get easily escaped due to the obligation of presence of at least four male witnesses.Addition to that,no matter what rapists gets punishments or not,the rape victims are likely to be punished for committing unintentional adultery.It is a completely disorganized and illogical system.
03.Subjective opinion
04.Well,what if prayers fail?If prayers don't cure a seriously ill person their death would be declared as "Allah's wish".How easy?
05.Science has limitations because human beings have limitations.But this does not prove your religion's truth value.
Religions are not beyond the comprehension of a human mind.It can be easily understood that they are erroneous and false.We have proved that over and over again in this thread.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

I see you ran from the so called 20 qualities of a prophet after I proved you were lying about it.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

What happened to Mr. Spider. the "lead guy" to take up this discussion?

Gone on long leave or gone to another place to spin his web?

This is what happens to people when they are asked to have a point by point discussion.

They remember so many left over works and then they will re-appear after so many days and say, well, let us start from step-1.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps he grew tired of you ignoring questions like a failure?
MUQ wrote:
What happened to Mr. Spider. the "lead guy" to take up this discussion?

Gone on long leave or gone to another place to spin his web?

This is what happens to people when they are asked to have a point by point discussion.

They remember so many left over works and then they will re-appear after so many days and say, well, let us start from step-1.
spider

Soham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Perhaps he grew tired of you ignoring questions like a failure?
<quoted text>
That is correct.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ketchup on filet mignon die you heathen basted die.
Anyway I would have compared islam to a cow pad.
I agree. Filet Mignon should be boiled into a stew with barley.

Now a really good steak is well marbled and broiled in the oven or cooked over flames on a BBQ. Sear the outside to contain the bloody juices but have the center warm. A bit of salt and cracked pepper...

Mmmm.

Excuse me for a moment while I wipe the drool off the keyboard and take out the baked potato from the oven...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
Did I not tell you in advance that we will do it in step by step way?

What is wrong to post one quality of prophets at a time?

Why are you whining now, seeming to loose all interest in the discussion?

Is your behaviour not strange? What did you expect, for me to post a 20 page "super post" and we keep on moving in circles?

I am doing one quality a day, so people can study it and provide their comments.

It is a slow process, but effective.

PS:

And do not forget that I gave you first chance to provide your list of qualities of a true prophet of God, but you did not had any.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

D: Fourth Quality: Prophets are no Strangers to their people:

It is a way of God that prophets are generally raised from the community of their followers. They do not just appear from outside as strangers in city and declare their missions.

They belong to the same community and speak and preach in the same language as what their people speak, their message is clear and needs no translators for their people.

D1. Prophets lead Blameless Lives even before they declare their missions:

Even though prophets might not know that they are prophets, they lead a blameless life and have strong moral and Upright Characters. Their blameless lives and upright characters act as strong counter arguments to the accusations of their detractors.

When a prophet has spent say, thirty or forty years of blameless life amongst their people, and no one has observed them lying, cheating, stealing and doing any immoral things, how illogical it would be to say that all of a sudden they became liars, cheats, and made false claims for position of prophethood?

These benefits would not be achieved if a Prophet descents as a stranger in town and declares his mission.

Allah Knows best.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, for a Non Muslim there is no difference between Shia and Sunni....they both are heathen!!
That is why I do not discuss internal problems of any religion on these threads.
Now you confirm it why!!
And to a Muslim there is no difference between a Catholic/Protestant Christian and Eastern Orthodox Christian?

Islam is splitting just like Christianity.

And at best, all you can say is that you claim to hold true to God while Satan systematically divides and conquers your religion.

Why should I take your word?

Because you believe it because you have been taught you are part of God's chosen? And have the backing of a government that endorses that particular sect?

It's hard to choose. Perhaps I should flip a coin and may Allah show me the path.

Tails - I devote myself to Saudi Arabia government sanctioned Islam.

Heads - I become a Christian crusader for Jesus.

Lands on edge - Israeli Orthodox Judaism.

Let's do it!

<Ting>
<coins spins in the air>

Rats. I'm so clumsy.

I missed catching that coin and it bounced on the ground and fell into a sewer grate.

As Allah wills it, I guess.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> Answering to all of your points in this post in order.
01."No one came forward to take that challenge in past 1400 years, may be you could do better!!"
This claim you had made at least for the 1000th time on Topix now.Yet,you have not clarified what is so stunning about Quran that it cannot be imitated.
If you knew even basic Arabic, it would not have been difficult to you to understand why Quran cannot be imitated.

Ask millions of Arab Christians and Jews....look at Arabic translations of OT and NT books.

Even a child will be able to tell you that they are on different levels...

What is wrong if truth is repeated 100 or 1000 times, does it becomes falsehood?

This test is a living proof that Quran is a Miracle from God.

PS:

And I am not dodging you, You agreed to hand over the discussion to some one else, now you should see, how it is done.

It is improper for you to intervene

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,761 - 16,780 of21,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••