Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17719 Jul 18, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

D: Fourth Quality: Prophets are no Strangers to their people:

It is a way of God that prophets are generally raised from the community of their followers. They do not just appear from outside as strangers in city and declare their missions.

They belong to the same community and speak and preach in the same language as what their people speak, their message is clear and needs no translators for their people.

D1. Prophets lead Blameless Lives even before they declare their missions:

Even though prophets might not know that they are prophets, they lead a blameless life and have strong moral and Upright Characters. Their blameless lives and upright characters act as strong counter arguments to the accusations of their detractors.

When a prophet has spent say, thirty or forty years of blameless life amongst their people, and no one has observed them lying, cheating, stealing and doing any immoral things, how illogical it would be to say that all of a sudden they became liars, cheats, and made false claims for position of prophethood?

These benefits would not be achieved if a Prophet descents as a stranger in town and declares his mission.

Allah Knows best.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17720 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, for a Non Muslim there is no difference between Shia and Sunni....they both are heathen!!
That is why I do not discuss internal problems of any religion on these threads.
Now you confirm it why!!
And to a Muslim there is no difference between a Catholic/Protestant Christian and Eastern Orthodox Christian?

Islam is splitting just like Christianity.

And at best, all you can say is that you claim to hold true to God while Satan systematically divides and conquers your religion.

Why should I take your word?

Because you believe it because you have been taught you are part of God's chosen? And have the backing of a government that endorses that particular sect?

It's hard to choose. Perhaps I should flip a coin and may Allah show me the path.

Tails - I devote myself to Saudi Arabia government sanctioned Islam.

Heads - I become a Christian crusader for Jesus.

Lands on edge - Israeli Orthodox Judaism.

Let's do it!

<Ting>
<coins spins in the air>

Rats. I'm so clumsy.

I missed catching that coin and it bounced on the ground and fell into a sewer grate.

As Allah wills it, I guess.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17721 Jul 18, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> Answering to all of your points in this post in order.
01."No one came forward to take that challenge in past 1400 years, may be you could do better!!"
This claim you had made at least for the 1000th time on Topix now.Yet,you have not clarified what is so stunning about Quran that it cannot be imitated.
If you knew even basic Arabic, it would not have been difficult to you to understand why Quran cannot be imitated.

Ask millions of Arab Christians and Jews....look at Arabic translations of OT and NT books.

Even a child will be able to tell you that they are on different levels...

What is wrong if truth is repeated 100 or 1000 times, does it becomes falsehood?

This test is a living proof that Quran is a Miracle from God.

PS:

And I am not dodging you, You agreed to hand over the discussion to some one else, now you should see, how it is done.

It is improper for you to intervene

Nehwon

#17722 Jul 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
A properly grilled steak needs at most, some freshly ground pepper and maybe a pinch of salt.
If a steak is in need of additional condiments? The cook failed in his/her task of proper preparation...
... not at all uncommon, alas.
Which is why God invented Heinz 57 sauce.
:D
To me, it all depends on the cut...

Anything more than salt and pepper on a rib eye is a waste of the rib eye.

For a London Broil, I've gone just salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce or covering it in chili powder.

For some reason, I was never much into the Filet. It's tender and melts in your mouth, but just doesn't have the fat to make it tasty to me.

But cooking steaks does seem to be a decent analogy to religion.

We have our personal tastes but some wish to declare the only true way to cook a steak is their way.

Nehwon

#17723 Jul 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I have already ended the cold war, gotten the Jews out of Russia and restored pride to the military. I will bring the law of God/heaven to the earth and write it on peoples hearts and there will be everlasting peace and righteousness in the earth.
So when is this "everlasting peace" supposed to start?

Tomorrow?

Next week?

Next month?

Next year?

Next generation?

Next millennium?

Once a "player to be named later" trade is finalized?

Haven't we been promised this for 2000 years when Jesus was supposed to be Hindu-like reincarnated from a lamb to a lion?

Nehwon

#17724 Jul 18, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
In Revelation is actually says the number who will be saved will be 144,000.
And these will be male, jewish virgins :D
Hmmm, I wonder why the priests dont bring that to the attention of their flocks!
They get guaranteed front row seating like at a concert.

Beyond that, it's whoever can bum rush to the next choicest position (field "seating") where you get to stand for all eternity.

And like a ego driven, barely adequate, rock star, the messiah is showing up late.

And then gets pissed when people throw things at him and condemns everyone to hell by saying "You all jusst d-d-d-don't g-g-get muh-muh-y....... music!"

And the reviews in all the heavenly papers (they don't have the internet yet) will be "Jesus Rocked! Then Rolled. And PassOvered Out!"

And not only did Saint Peter not give anyone refunds for the show, he kicked them out, saying Heaven was private property and the cops have been called and will be there shortly.

Thus did the Revelations Rapture: Money Capture Electric Boogaloo take place according to scripture*.

*Soon to be released to a limited group for a large tithe and 1000 years later to a general audience for a smaller tithe.

Nehwon

#17725 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Our friend Spider is not responding to my last post, so I post another quality of True Prophets of God, lest he assumes I stopped this discussion.
C. Third quality: Prophets are Chosen and Handpicked by God:
Prophethood is not a position which a man can attain by his own efforts. It is not a position which a man can obtain by getting higher and higher religious education or by his piety or by doing more righteous deeds etc.
It is God who Picks and Chooses His Prophets and Messengers, and this selection is done right from the time they are born.
A prophet might not even know that he is chosen by God. He knows only when he is given notice of his mission.
But it is always by Selection and never by Election by people or Saints or by his own efforts.
In religious terms prophethood is considered as “WAHBI”(i.e. Conferred by God or Thru God’s Blessings) and not KASBI (something which one can attain or reach by his own effort).
And God Knows who is the Best Suitable Candidate for that coveted post amongst all humans existing at that time.
Persons, who raise objections as to why God chose this person as a prophet and not that person, are in reality claiming that they know more than God!! And that their perceived choice is in fact better than God’s Choice!!
Is there a relationship with WAHBI with Wahhabism there?

There are plenty of Christians who think they are prophets of God.

Same Stuff, Different Day?

Nehwon

#17726 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew even basic Arabic, it would not have been difficult to you to understand why Quran cannot be imitated.
Ask millions of Arab Christians and Jews....look at Arabic translations of OT and NT books.
What is wrong if truth is repeated 100 or 1000 times, does it becomes falsehood?
PS:
And I am not dodging you, You agreed to hand over the discussion to some one else, now you should see, how it is done.
"If you knew even basic Arabic, it would not have been difficult to you to understand why Quran cannot be imitated."

So God has trouble translating ideas into a local language?

Or are you trying to say that Arabic is "God's Chosen" language?

Where have I heard that before? God's Chosen.

Oh yeah. A certain group of people. Tribes, if you will.

Since I'm part of neither, how about y'all fight it out to determine who was God's Chosen. Might makes right, right?

(Since we are friends, if you should happen to lose that battle, could you include in your will that we get all your oil? That would be much appreciated, thanks.)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17727 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely delusional. We all know the Quran was written by Muhammed a proven child abuser.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17728 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason why you think the quran is God's word is cause it says so. It is circular reasoning. The exact same reason used by Christians.

They quote 2 Timothy 3:16-17 where it says all scripture is God-breathed. Which they quote as proof that the Bible is God's word.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17729 Jul 18, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, it all depends on the cut...
Anything more than salt and pepper on a rib eye is a waste of the rib eye.
For a London Broil, I've gone just salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce or covering it in chili powder.
For some reason, I was never much into the Filet. It's tender and melts in your mouth, but just doesn't have the fat to make it tasty to me.
But cooking steaks does seem to be a decent analogy to religion.
We have our personal tastes but some wish to declare the only true way to cook a steak is their way.
Agreed, the fat is where its at when is comes to a steak for dinner. For me, a filet is a good cut for a steak sandwich... a nice medium to medium rare butterflied filet, a toasted crusty hard roll, sliced red onion, salt and pepper... maybe some sill pickle slices. Damn... I know what lunch is going to be today!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17730 Jul 18, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely delusional. We all know the Quran was written by Muhammed a proven child abuser.
According to Islamic mythology Mohammed was illiterate. Like all 'good books' it was written after events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_Draw_M...

http://www.jesusandmo.net/
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17731 Jul 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>..Like all 'good books' it was written after events.
Yes, no-one can definitively say who wrote what, when and where, and using what sources. Its all based on heresay and speculation.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#17732 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Ok,MUQ! I agree I don't know Arabic.But can you specify me what exactly you find matchless about Quran.You know Arabic.Obviously,you know Arabic.You can answer it at the footnote of your post.But please don't go away from the main point of the discussion.
PS:Since Spider is away,can't I the original questioner resume my position?All you have to do is post the answers.If I have a doubt,I would raise it.You have to clear my doubts and keep on posting your "20 magical posts".It is just that simple.This is how usually discussion is done.Posting answers is of no use if they raise reasonable doubts which the poster would deny to clear.

Mumbai, India

#17733 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
It is a way of God that prophets are generally raised from the community of their followers. They do not just appear from outside as strangers in city and declare their missions.
They belong to the same community and speak and preach in the same language as what their people speak, their message is clear and needs no translators for their people.
Even though prophets might not know that they are prophets, they lead a blameless life and have strong moral and Upright Characters. Their blameless lives and upright characters act as strong counter arguments to the accusations of their detractors.
When a prophet has spent say, thirty or forty years of blameless life amongst their people, and no one has observed them lying, cheating, stealing and doing any immoral things, how illogical it would be to say that all of a sudden they became liars, cheats, and made false claims for position of prophethood?
These benefits would not be achieved if a Prophet descents as a stranger in town and declares his mission.
Allah Knows best.
"It is a way of God that prophets are generally raised from the community of their followers."Make a note that you have said "community of the followers".
How true it is for your prophet?You are a Muslim but not an Arab?Think about it.I know Muslims claim that Jesus's prophecy was just meant for people of Nazareth.Can it be said for Muhammad also?So does this mean Muhammad was just for Arabs and not rest of the world since he was just an Arab?He was not an Indian,how did you become a Muslim?
PS:Is this just your opinion or a mainstream Muslim opinion?

Mumbai, India

#17734 Jul 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Allah Knows best.
D1. sounds to be a bit of an eligibility criterion.Most of us have no questions about Muhammad's life before his divine proclamation.However,there are objections to certain things that he did during his prophecy like murdering,sex-slavery etc.
People are not born as criminals.They become criminals.A criminal cannot be acquitted just because he has no crime records before the crime he has been accused or punished for.
misterfrost

Cincinnati, OH

#17735 Jul 18, 2013
Anton Heinrich wrote:
In the atomic age there is not the slightest chance for humanity to survive in capitalism.
You confuse "capitalism" with corporatism and there is a huge difference.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17736 Jul 18, 2013
So far Muq has a prophet is a human, male and his followers know him. At this point Bill Gates is a prophet!
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>And to a Muslim there is no difference between a Catholic/Protestant Christian and Eastern Orthodox Christian?

And at best, all you can say is that you claim to hold true to God while Satan systematically divides and conquers your religion.

Because you believe it because you have been taught you are part of God's chosen? And have the backing of a government that endorses that particular sect?

It's hard to choose. Perhaps I should flip a coin and may Allah show me the path.

Let's do it!

<Ting>
<coins spins in the air>

Rats. I'm so clumsy.

I missed catching that coin and it bounced on the ground and fell into a sewer grate.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17737 Jul 18, 2013
The Quran stole from the bible and Hindu writings. No reason it can't be copied as well.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If you knew even basic Arabic, it would not have been difficult to you to understand why Quran cannot be imitated.

PS:

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17738 Jul 18, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And to a Muslim there is no difference between a Catholic/Protestant Christian and Eastern Orthodox Christian?
Let's do it!
<Ting>
<coins spins in the air>
Rats. I'm so clumsy.
I do not discuss "internal difference" between various sects and denominations of Jews, Christians , Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs either.

We leave that people of their faith.

To us they are part of the main religion and that is best policy we should adopt when discussing in such types of open forums, where people of every religions are participating.

Why should "I break my head" over what Catholics and Protestants differ? We "Only" see that one' Bible has 66 Books and another' 73 books!!

Is it not strange?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min positronium 93,384
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 57 min Eagle 12 - 80
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048