Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 837)

Showing posts 16,721 - 16,740 of21,369
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Muq, can you come up with a single example of a prophecy which is not vague, which gives specific details, names and a precise timeframe? If you cannot, you do not have a prophet, just someone who is a liar or with a mental illness who thinks he can see into the future.
You do not know, how prophesies are made and how they are interpreted.

There are no mentions of names, dates and times......only broad hints are given and some important qualities mentioned.... and based on these the persons are known.

For example if you have to prophesize "Who will be US President in year 2096"? This will not be prophesy, but trickstry.

Scriptural Prophesies are always made in general terms and never specefic.

You have to lean some basic facts.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know full well that prophesies are made in generalised terms and never specific ones.

There is an easy answer to this.

>>It is because no God is involved.<<

These "prophets" have no special powers :) Its blindingly obvious to those of us who have escaped the religious bubble.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Precise prophecies are risky. They have a very high probability of being wrong. That is why "prophets" of the Bible and the Quran were unable to prophesy anything of any worth.

If they were really speaking on behalf of an omnipotent being they could instead write about something useful like electricity, penicillin, germ theory, cures for cancer, etc.

Yet suprise, suprise the best these prophets can do is write exactly as you would expect from primtive and uneducated people.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Well then anyone can be a prophet. Anyone can write some vaguely worded broadly hinted crap that others can project their daily happenings on.

Literally anyone can do that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know, how prophesies are made and how they are interpreted.

There are no mentions of names, dates and times......only broad hints are given and some important qualities mentioned.... and based on these the persons are known.

For example if you have to prophesize "Who will be US President in year 2096"? This will not be prophesy, but trickstry.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Our friend Spider is not responding to my last post, so I post another quality of True Prophets of God, lest he assumes I stopped this discussion.
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
C. Third quality: Prophets are Chosen and Handpicked by God:
Prophethood is not a position which a man can attain by his own efforts. It is not a position which a man can obtain by getting higher and higher religious education or by his piety or by doing more righteous deeds etc.
It is God who Picks and Chooses His Prophets and Messengers, and this selection is done right from the time they are born.
A prophet might not even know that he is chosen by God. He knows only when he is given notice of his mission.
But it is always by Selection and never by Election by people or Saints or by his own efforts.
In religious terms prophethood is considered as “WAHBI”(i.e. Conferred by God or Thru God’s Blessings) and not KASBI (something which one can attain or reach by his own effort).
And God Knows who is the Best Suitable Candidate for that coveted post amongst all humans existing at that time.
Persons, who raise objections as to why God chose this person as a prophet and not that person, are in reality claiming that they know more than God!! And that their perceived choice is in fact better than God’s Choice!!
Ok, but was Muhammad actually picked by the God?Or he was just a self-proclaimed prophet?
How to know if he was really a prophet of God?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>How to know if he was really a prophet of God?
He doesnt know if he was a real prophet or a fraud! As he says in the above posts, the only prophecies are generalisations. He can only write in broad general terms.

There are people today who claim that God speaks through them. Today such people are considered crazy or fraudulent liars.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesnt know if he was a real prophet or a fraud! As he says in the above posts, the only prophecies are generalisations. He can only write in broad general terms.
There are people today who claim that God speaks through them. Today such people are considered crazy or fraudulent liars.
We all know this fact.I just want to see how MUQ handles this..:)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know this fact.I just want to see how MUQ handles this..:)
In the same way he handles it when he gets sight of a western woman's ankle. He takes out his "holy book", gets his lad out and pleasures himself at the thought of the 72 virgins waiting for him in the sky.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
In the same way he handles it when he gets sight of a western woman's ankle. He takes out his "holy book", gets his lad out and pleasures himself at the thought of the 72 virgins waiting for him in the sky.
Well... that explains the crusty nature of the cover of his "holy" book, I suppose...

... eeewww...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, but was Muhammad actually picked by the God?Or he was just a self-proclaimed prophet?
How to know if he was really a prophet of God?
You had your chance, but you did not use it and handed over the baton to someone else.

Now wait and watch, how proper discussions are held on serious subjects.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well then anyone can be a prophet. Anyone can write some vaguely worded broadly hinted crap that others can project their daily happenings on.
Literally anyone can do that.
<quoted text>
Watch my boy, watch, we have only covered 3 out of 20 Qualities of a True Prophet of God.

Do not jump the line and do not ask pre-mature questions. I did not mention any names.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

I notice you cowered away from my question. How about you just briefly mention all 20 and stop wasting time avoiding questions?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Watch my boy, watch, we have only covered 3 out of 20 Qualities of a True Prophet of God.

Do not jump the line and do not ask pre-mature questions. I did not mention any names.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

By the way gang I have already googled up the Islamic qualities of a prophet and guess what? There are not 20! There are like 8. Meaning Muq has just been busted lying again.

This was his ploy to try to drag the conversation for as long as possible without having to actually answer questions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I notice you cowered away from my question. How about you just briefly mention all 20 and stop wasting time avoiding questions?
<quoted text>
Why should I spoil all the "fun" of the discussion?

Let me see how logical and patient you people are in these matters.

And that would show how Islam considers prophets of God and to what stringent tests they are subjected.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You had your chance, but you did not use it and handed over the baton to someone else.
Now wait and watch, how proper discussions are held on serious subjects.
Why does your religion abuse, rape and murder little girls?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch my boy, watch, we have only covered 3 out of 20 Qualities of a True Prophet of God.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I spoil all the "fun" of the discussion?
Let me see how logical and patient you people are in these matters.
And that would show how Islam considers prophets of God and to what stringent tests they are subjected.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

SG wrote:

I know full well that prophesies are made in generalized terms and never specific ones.

There is an easy answer to this.

>>It is because no God is involved.<<

These "prophets" have no special powers :) Its blindingly obvious to those of us who have escaped the religious bubble.

Precise prophecies are risky. They have a very high probability of being wrong. That is why "prophets" of the Bible and the Quran were unable to prophesy anything of any worth.

If they were really speaking on behalf of an omnipotent being they could instead write about something useful like electricity, penicillin, germ theory, cures for cancer, etc.

Yet surprise, surprise the best these prophets can do is write exactly as you would expect from primitive and uneducated people.
Ans.

1. If you prophesize about some vent that comes into pass, many centuries afterwards, you will also use the "same language"?

Don't you know that language, phrases and so many things get changed as time passes?

For example if I give you a sample of 2000 years old English language, you will not understand a word of it!!

2. So the ignorance part is on your side and not on the part of either God or the Prophets of God.

3. If they used this words, Electricity, Penicillin, Internet etc… 4000 years back, people would have considered them mad.

For example if someone would have used the word "Internet" 100 years back, how would people have reacted?

3. May be after 200 years, our age would be called "primitive".

4. Your boasts only show your ignorance and nothing more.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. If you prophesize about some vent that comes into pass, many centuries afterwards, you will also use the "same language"?
Don't you know that language, phrases and so many things get changed as time passes?
For example if I give you a sample of 2000 years old English language, you will not understand a word of it!!
2. So the ignorance part is on your side and not on the part of either God or the Prophets of God.
3. If they used this words, Electricity, Penicillin, Internet etc… 4000 years back, people would have considered them mad.
For example if someone would have used the word "Internet" 100 years back, how would people have reacted?
3. May be after 200 years, our age would be called "primitive".
4. Your boasts only show your ignorance and nothing more.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..3. May be after 200 years, our age would be called "primitive".
The people who write the Bible and Quran can be considered primtive compared to most people today.

Today we rightly reject slavery, sex-slavery, stoning people to death, and other barbaric laws and punishments.

We now reject superstitious beliefs like exorcisms and blood letting. The enlightened amongst us also reject prayer.

If you have any sense you will take an antibiotic for illness, rather than engage in prayer alone.

It is science and education that make us different from people in ancient societies. It is not that they were stupid, it is just that they were very superstitious. The superstition, magnified by the organised superstition of religion, made people in the past appear stupid by acting in irrational ways and doing craxy things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,721 - 16,740 of21,369
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••