Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,490

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17645 Jul 12, 2013
Islam is bleeding devout members. Even UBL complained that the current generation of Muslims were drifting away more interested in material matters than Islam.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. If you see "majority" opinion on these threads, they are "worse than heathen"!!

Just scan few posts on this thread. People like you are in minority.

02. We do not hate Westerners, but only their propaganda against Islam and Muslims.

But now we see more and more Western people coming closer to Islam, already they follow many Islamic teachings, without knowing that they are Islamic.

Louisville, KY

#17646 Jul 12, 2013
Your imagination does not count as proof. Ancient Arabs crafted your beloved symbol of the moon and stats used even today for Islam. Except they said Allah was the moon god and his daughters were the stars. Even the Quran mentions these daughter goddesses of Allah and you know it. Modern Islam is nothing more than the old pagan Arab religion with some stolen bible verses thrown in as window dressing.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

If you cannot visualize a Powerful, Merciful, Wise and Knowledgeable Creator after seeing this Vast Universe, what other "Proofs" will satisfy your queries?

Probably you want that Mighty Creator should knock on your door, saying, please, please , please, I am your Creator, please recognize me to make my day!!

These atheists are the most unreasonable and most illogical people on the face of this earth.

And most of them are uncouth and use "gutter language" the moment they are pricked even slightly.

They do it amongst themselves and with people who are not atheists.

PS:

These comments exclude those "sincere atheists" who are disgusted with the "Models of God" that are preached by different religions like Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism etc.

They have no idea of Personality and Quality of God as mentioned in Quran, so they think "islamic model" will also be like other religions.

Such atheists can be called as "ignorant" and having no knowledge about True God, so they are wandering in darkness, they do not know which way to go.

They are just following the first part of Islamic Creed "LA ILAHA" i.e. There is no deity ... But they do not know the next pat "ILLA ALLAH" i.e. Except Allah!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17647 Jul 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Then you were born after the events you say you personally rectified.
Understand freak?
<quoted text>
What events are you talking about? Do you hate yourself as much as you hate others? Love thy neighbor as thyself. I'm trying to be nice.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17648 Jul 12, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello MUQ,,your post 17593 gave the immpression that you no longer wished to continue, however you imply here that this is not so. If you do wish to continue, then I will reply to post 17593.
Whatever gave you idea that I do not want to continue, I did post the second quality of True Prophets of God?

PS:

I am afraid that at the end of our discussions, you will say, Oh that was fine, but I do not know what is God and what are you talking about!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17649 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever gave you idea that I do not want to continue, I did post the second quality of True Prophets of God?
PS:
I am afraid that at the end of our discussions, you will say, Oh that was fine, but I do not know what is God and what are you talking about!!
Well you don't know what you are talking about your so called god allows you and your kind to abuse, rape and murder little girls.

Louisville, KY

#17650 Jul 12, 2013
The ww2 ones for example. You weren't even born yet freak!

And to top or off you quote the NT which you say is satanic. You need a lobotomy freak. Big time.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What events are you talking about? Do you hate yourself as much as you hate others? Love thy neighbor as thyself. I'm trying to be nice.

Louisville, KY

#17651 Jul 12, 2013
No what he will be saying is Islam failed to prepare Muq for actual discussion with civilized people.

Did you see some Muslims blew up a mosque today with a nail bomb?

You sub human beasts treat each other like that and think we civilized people want any part of that? Lol!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever gave you idea that I do not want to continue, I did post the second quality of True Prophets of God?

PS:

Devil's hometown

#17652 Jul 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly and as we see this is a common ploy used by those unable to frankly answer questions or have serious discussions.
When the facts are on your side you need not play such word games.
<quoted text>
True.He has no facts in his side but still he says that we are the most illogical persons.

Louisville, KY

#17653 Jul 13, 2013
He is merely projecting his own failings on us.
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>True.He has no facts in his side but still he says that we are the most illogical persons.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17654 Jul 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The ww2 ones for example. You weren't even born yet freak!
And to top or off you quote the NT which you say is satanic. You need a lobotomy freak. Big time.
<quoted text>
"...behold, my desire is that the Almighty would answer me, and that my adversary had written a book. Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me". Job 31:35 You have sinned against the living God. Good bye.

Louisville, KY

#17655 Jul 13, 2013
You say the NT is a work of the devil but then you liberally quote from it.

You must be the messiah for ugly fat b1tch freaks.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"...behold, my desire is that the Almighty would answer me, and that my adversary had written a book. Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me". Job 31:35 You have sinned against the living God. Good bye.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17656 Jul 14, 2013
Our friend Spider is not responding to my last post, so I post another quality of True Prophets of God, lest he assumes I stopped this discussion.

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

C. Third quality: Prophets are Chosen and Handpicked by God:

Prophethood is not a position which a man can attain by his own efforts. It is not a position which a man can obtain by getting higher and higher religious education or by his piety or by doing more righteous deeds etc.

It is God who Picks and Chooses His Prophets and Messengers, and this selection is done right from the time they are born.

A prophet might not even know that he is chosen by God. He knows only when he is given notice of his mission.

But it is always by Selection and never by Election by people or Saints or by his own efforts.

In religious terms prophethood is considered as “WAHBI”(i.e. Conferred by God or Thru God’s Blessings) and not KASBI (something which one can attain or reach by his own effort).

And God Knows who is the Best Suitable Candidate for that coveted post amongst all humans existing at that time.

Persons, who raise objections as to why God chose this person as a prophet and not that person, are in reality claiming that they know more than God!! And that their perceived choice is in fact better than God’s Choice!!

Louisville, KY

#17657 Jul 14, 2013
And how do you prove the prophet was hand picked by God? Did God come down in a flowing chariot and tell you? Couldn't the so called prophet have just made it all up?
MUQ wrote:
Our friend Spider is not responding to my last post
It is God who Picks and Chooses His Prophets and Messengers, and this selection is done right from the time they are born!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17658 Jul 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
..Prophets are Chosen and Handpicked by God:
Prophethood is not a position which a man can attain by his own efforts. It is not a position which a man can obtain by getting higher and higher religious education or by his piety or by doing more righteous deeds etc.
Muq, can you come up with a single example of a prophecy which is not vague, which gives specific details, names and a precise timeframe? If you cannot, you do not have a prophet, just someone who is a liar or with a mental illness who thinks he can see into the future.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17659 Jul 15, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Muq, can you come up with a single example of a prophecy which is not vague, which gives specific details, names and a precise timeframe? If you cannot, you do not have a prophet, just someone who is a liar or with a mental illness who thinks he can see into the future.
You do not know, how prophesies are made and how they are interpreted.

There are no mentions of names, dates and times......only broad hints are given and some important qualities mentioned.... and based on these the persons are known.

For example if you have to prophesize "Who will be US President in year 2096"? This will not be prophesy, but trickstry.

Scriptural Prophesies are always made in general terms and never specefic.

You have to lean some basic facts.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17660 Jul 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know full well that prophesies are made in generalised terms and never specific ones.

There is an easy answer to this.

>>It is because no God is involved.<<

These "prophets" have no special powers :) Its blindingly obvious to those of us who have escaped the religious bubble.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17661 Jul 15, 2013
Precise prophecies are risky. They have a very high probability of being wrong. That is why "prophets" of the Bible and the Quran were unable to prophesy anything of any worth.

If they were really speaking on behalf of an omnipotent being they could instead write about something useful like electricity, penicillin, germ theory, cures for cancer, etc.

Yet suprise, suprise the best these prophets can do is write exactly as you would expect from primtive and uneducated people.

Louisville, KY

#17662 Jul 15, 2013
Well then anyone can be a prophet. Anyone can write some vaguely worded broadly hinted crap that others can project their daily happenings on.

Literally anyone can do that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know, how prophesies are made and how they are interpreted.

There are no mentions of names, dates and times......only broad hints are given and some important qualities mentioned.... and based on these the persons are known.

For example if you have to prophesize "Who will be US President in year 2096"? This will not be prophesy, but trickstry.

Devil's hometown

#17663 Jul 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Our friend Spider is not responding to my last post, so I post another quality of True Prophets of God, lest he assumes I stopped this discussion.
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
It is God who Picks and Chooses His Prophets and Messengers, and this selection is done right from the time they are born.
A prophet might not even know that he is chosen by God. He knows only when he is given notice of his mission.
But it is always by Selection and never by Election by people or Saints or by his own efforts.
In religious terms prophethood is considered as “WAHBI”(i.e. Conferred by God or Thru God’s Blessings) and not KASBI (something which one can attain or reach by his own effort).
And God Knows who is the Best Suitable Candidate for that coveted post amongst all humans existing at that time.
Persons, who raise objections as to why God chose this person as a prophet and not that person, are in reality claiming that they know more than God!! And that their perceived choice is in fact better than God’s Choice!!
Ok, but was Muhammad actually picked by the God?Or he was just a self-proclaimed prophet?
How to know if he was really a prophet of God?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17664 Jul 15, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>How to know if he was really a prophet of God?
He doesnt know if he was a real prophet or a fraud! As he says in the above posts, the only prophecies are generalisations. He can only write in broad general terms.

There are people today who claim that God speaks through them. Today such people are considered crazy or fraudulent liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min woodtick57 2,838
Christianity Created Hitler 45 min Thinking 88
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr The Dude 14,495
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 234,486
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 6 hr Thinking 22
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 12 hr NoahLovesU 1,229
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 16 hr polymath257 41
More from around the web