Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 835)

Showing posts 16,681 - 16,700 of20,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Jesus looked at Mary and said... Hmmm you seem to be missing a dick and balls down there mom... Let me magic you up some!

Mary replies, they go well with my facial hair and hairy armpits!

Jesus: Joseph did leave for a reason Mom.....

I guess that makes Mary the holy hermaphrodite! Lmfao!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Male, of course. There's some lovely back-story on how Jewsus managed to "convert" his mother Mary into a male, so she could enter "heaven".

Makes you wonder, though-- all male, all virgins?

What does that say about the abrahamic god?

<laughing>

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus looked at Mary and said... Hmmm you seem to be missing a dick and balls down there mom... Let me magic you up some!
Mary replies, they go well with my facial hair and hairy armpits!
Jesus: Joseph did leave for a reason Mom.....
I guess that makes Mary the holy hermaphrodite! Lmfao!
<quoted text>
According to the scriptures, he said he would teach her to be male, so that she too could enter into heaven with him and his buds. I don't think that either the father nor the son, got the old male DNA thingy figured out.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Lol awesome!:)
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>According to the scriptures, he said he would teach her to be male, so that she too could enter into heaven with him and his buds. I don't think that either the father nor the son, got the old male DNA thingy figured out.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you mentioned is about how your prophets were rather than criteria to recognize true prophets.
Though I am out of discussion,I want to ask one serious questions that I have in my mind.
Let's assume there is God.What is the evidence that these prophets were actually chosen by the God and not some frauds?
Though there is no empirical evidence or logical argument to support God's existence one can consider it as a possibility.But validating religions on this "unwarranted assumption" is absurd.Religion clearly a BS for me.
If prove your religion to be 100% true,then we all be proven wrong.
Instead of blaming us for being biased,why can't you prove your religion?And of course,I asked about prophets and not God.I am trying to make your job easy.You should be thanking me rather than abusing me.:D
Remember you handed over the baton. Now you just watch and see, how a "systematic discussion" is held.

You are asking premature questions.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember you handed over the baton. Now you just watch and see, how a "systematic discussion" is held.
Scared & desperate cultmonger with no honesty.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Because they don't want to share?
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
In Revelation is actually says the number who will be saved will be 144,000.
And these will be male, jewish virgins :D
Hmmm, I wonder why the priests dont bring that to the attention of their flocks!
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

My wife is French. If someone orders a well done steak, she actually tuts.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Any mild acid will do wonders for tenderizing meats-- the acid loosens the collagen bonds, which are further relaxed by mild heat (cooking).
One reason why slow cookers tenderize meats: the relatively mild temperatures break the connective tissue (collagen) down.
High heat does other things; lovely carbonization; carmalization of sugars and starches. That oh so taste browning effect we love so much.
But in a medium rare steak, the heat in the middle never reaches super-high values, so marinades can do that for you.
Of course, a well done "steak" kinda supersedes all that prep work, and makes me ask, "why bother"...
... may as well have a well done hamburger instead.
:D
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello MUQ,,your post 17593 gave the immpression that you no longer wished to continue, however you imply here that this is not so. If you do wish to continue, then I will reply to post 17593.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Because they don't want to share?
<quoted text>
I went into a field recently and bit a cow,,,I guess that was taking things a bit to far.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still haven't given any response that is close to our expectations.I think spider has asked the same question and meant what I used to mean in dozens of posts that I had posted.
Posting irrelevant posts is of no use.And I think you deliberately do this hoping we would give up eventually.
What we are asking and what you are posting?
We are asking how to recognize true prophets and what are the criteria to judge them?We are not asking the gender of your prophets or the species they belonged to.We all know that you're prophets were men and human beings.Is that all you have to say?

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
These aren't the premature questions.These are the prime questions that we actually want to be answered.You should rather stick to the questions and keep discussion in context.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
We are asking how to recognize true prophets and what are the criteria to judge them?
I agree he is avoiding the question. Its because none of his "prophets" are true prophets. None of them made detailed prophecies about the future which came true. The best they could do is vague guesswork, which is no different to Nostrasdamus or any other charlatan.:)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Some reasons why atheism will defeat religion by 2038:

* the problem of hell

* the problem of suffering

* life can be cruel

* superstition and stupidity is bad

* miracles are silly

* the Bible and the Quran stories sound like myth

* prophets are madmen / mentally ill

* we all reject other gods and other religions

* suffering of animals

* prayers are not answered

* the internet educates people

* "holy books" have errors and contradictions

* God, heaven, hell etc sound like they are invented

* man has invented 000s of gods and religions

* rejection of pseudo-science and superstition

* evolution and science makes more sense

* theory of evolution explains the variety of life forms on earth

* Religions lack any good evidence

* No evidence of the existence of God or gods

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
These aren't the premature questions.These are the prime questions that we actually want to be answered.You should rather stick to the questions and keep discussion in context.
Religious people fear intellectual curiousity.

That is why we have cowards like muq here - they are mentally ill robots. Serve no purpose other than to verbalise their programming.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite so Fadu.

Perhaps MUQ isn't interested, but I would of thought he would ask why we became or chose to be atheists.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite so Fadu.
Perhaps MUQ isn't interested, but I would of thought he would ask why we became or chose to be atheists.
Nope,he has been asked for something that he doesn't want to be asked.Had you asked him ' about scientific miracles' in Quran,MUQ would have jumped in excitement and posted loads of "copy & paste" post.
He is not uninterested.He rather fears that he would to be asked to answer serious questions like this.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree he is avoiding the question. Its because none of his "prophets" are true prophets. None of them made detailed prophecies about the future which came true. The best they could do is vague guesswork, which is no different to Nostrasdamus or any other charlatan.:)
At least Nostrasdamus had not created any BS like religion.He is much better than the MUQ's prophets.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope,he has been asked for something that he doesn't want to be asked.Had you asked him ' about scientific miracles' in Quran,MUQ would have jumped in excitement and posted loads of "copy & paste" post.
He is not uninterested.He rather fears that he would to be asked to answer serious questions like this.
It occured to me that if MUQ had to think about our questions in depth, and in order to reply,,that very thought process may produce doubhts he doesen't wish to face up to.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
What year were you born freak?
<quoted text>
"My name continually every day is blasphemed". I don't appreciate being called a freak but the answer to your question is 1961. Psalm 14:5 "There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous". I'm a baby boomer.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Ed Sed wrote:
01. Not heathen - you can't even get that right. They profess to believe in an Abrahamic god and seem ready to fight people due to it. So they're sectarian, mistaken and superstitious.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/heathens

02. They're often ignorant too and prejudiced against so many people, even each other. They often seem to despise westerners, gays, bastards, non-believers, children who want to attend school or not have their genitals mutilated, evolution, animal welfare, etc, etc. Many religionists (not just Muslims) certainly aren't noted for tolerance and secularism.
Ans.

01. If you see "majority" opinion on these threads, they are "worse than heathen"!!

Just scan few posts on this thread. People like you are in minority.

02. We do not hate Westerners, but only their propaganda against Islam and Muslims.

But now we see more and more Western people coming closer to Islam, already they follow many Islamic teachings, without knowing that they are Islamic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,681 - 16,700 of20,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••