Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 834)

Showing posts 16,661 - 16,680 of21,335
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
3. I called our discussion sham, because at the end or in the middle you can say 'Well it was fine, but I do not know what you are talking about, I do not believe in any God"!!
You are beginning to understand. We dont believe in God or gods here. That is unless you can provide evidence. And the myths and legends of a pedo prophet or goat herders do not count as evidence.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So the difference between a Sunni and Shiite is just a trivial thing. Like which is better on filet mignon - ketchup or mustard?
Nothing to go to war about, right?
LOL! We had friends over for dinner a few years ago. I had a whole tenderloin from a local butcher that I had cut up into beautiful filets. I grilled them to a near perfect medium - medium rare. Upon serving our guests, one guy asks for his to be put back on the grill and cooked until well done and he also asked for A1 steak sauce. I told him to get the phuk out!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Oh how questions and facts make the soldiers of Allah cower like sniveling children.

This is why your people must kill scores of innocent people Muq, you are unable to discuss and debate subjects with us civilized, showered, deodorant using people.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

1. My brother, this discussion is about qualities of a True Prophet of God. If some one does not have a believe in God, to what purpose will be discussion on Prophet of God.

There are many people on this thread, who believe in God, but have no clear concept about prophet hood.

This discussion is for such person. If you want to discuss about existence of God and how we can prove His existence that is a separate topic.

2. And then you have gone one step further and said "I also doubt my religion"!!

3. I called our discussion sham, because at the end or in the middle you can say 'Well it was fine, but I do not know what you are talking about, I do not believe in any God"!!

4. But just to keep record straight, that I am running away, I will post the second quality of a True Prophet of God.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

So you have to be a human male to be a prophet... Wow ground breaking information there. We see how Islam treats women by whipping rape victims, chopping off their noses and ears if they displease their husband. This is true an Muq knows it.

Such subhuman swine.
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

B. Second Quality: Prophets are always from Male side of Humans.

God has only chosen and send Males as His prophets. It is not because of any insult or down grading women folk, but only because of the roles which God has chosen for men and women.

The job of men is outside their homes and job of women is inside their homes, that is why only males were made Prophets of God.

So there is nothing which we can call as a Female Prophet of God.

PS:

01. What I said above does not negate that women can not get religious education or cannot achieve status of Religious Scholars.

02. Many women have indeed risen to the level of highest religious scholars, and men have come to them and learned about religious matters.

03. These comments are for the position of Prophethood, which is inherently an outward job and since it is duty of prophet to go out and preach to people, women are exempted from this burden which is against their feminine nature.

04. So please do not take it in negative sense, and start male versus female debate. We are only listing qualities of a Prophet and there are no cases of any Women being made a prophet.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

English mustard for me. There is nothing so pleasurable as a boot in the sinuses.

I've used Worcestershire sauce as a steak marinade before, but not as a condiment.
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
A mustard guy, eh?
Couldn't even fathom the true sacrificial adornment that is Worcestershire sauce?
But this is assuming the filet is prepared by a lay priest.
With a true high priest, you would only need a touch of salt and/or pepper. But only after sampling it first.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
B. Second Quality: Prophets are always from Male side of Humans.
God has only chosen and send Males as His prophets. It is not because of any insult or down grading women folk, but only because of the roles which God has chosen for men and women.
The job of men is outside their homes and job of women is inside their homes, that is why only males were made Prophets of God.
So there is nothing which we can call as a Female Prophet of God.
PS:
01. What I said above does not negate that women can not get religious education or cannot achieve status of Religious Scholars.
02. Many women have indeed risen to the level of highest religious scholars, and men have come to them and learned about religious matters.
03. These comments are for the position of Prophethood, which is inherently an outward job and since it is duty of prophet to go out and preach to people, women are exempted from this burden which is against their feminine nature.
04. So please do not take it in negative sense, and start male versus female debate. We are only listing qualities of a Prophet and there are no cases of any Women being made a prophet.
Whatever you mentioned is about how your prophets were rather than criteria to recognize true prophets.
Though I am out of discussion,I want to ask one serious questions that I have in my mind.
Let's assume there is God.What is the evidence that these prophets were actually chosen by the God and not some frauds?
Though there is no empirical evidence or logical argument to support God's existence one can consider it as a possibility.But validating religions on this "unwarranted assumption" is absurd.Religion clearly a BS for me.
If prove your religion to be 100% true,then we all be proven wrong.
Instead of blaming us for being biased,why can't you prove your religion?And of course,I asked about prophets and not God.I am trying to make your job easy.You should be thanking me rather than abusing me.:D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

greymouser wrote:
And here's the really fun part.
The look on your face when you arrive at hell and see Bob and I greeting you at the gates.
God also seems to get perverse pleasure seeing that.
The dismay upon realization that those who think they are entitled entry into Club Heaven are refused by St. Peter, the Bouncer.
The Word has it, there are photographers to capture the moment like at Disney World on the Log Flume ride.
Indeed: if there be a BuyBull god? 99.999999% of humanity will end up failing the entrance requirements for "heaven".

And I'm likely being too optimistic here...

....!!

More likely only a couple of dozen or so, in the last 2000 years will make the cut.

Everyone else?

Off to hell!

A truly depraved and disgusting cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
A mustard guy, eh?
Couldn't even fathom the true sacrificial adornment that is Worcestershire sauce?
But this is assuming the filet is prepared by a lay priest.
With a true high priest, you would only need a touch of salt and/or pepper. But only after sampling it first.
A properly grilled steak needs at most, some freshly ground pepper and maybe a pinch of salt.

If a steak is in need of additional condiments? The cook failed in his/her task of proper preparation...

... not at all uncommon, alas.

Which is why God invented Heinz 57 sauce.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ketchup on filet mignon die you heathen basted die.
Anyway I would have compared islam to a cow pad.
"cow paddies" have some positive use-- they can be gathered up with proper implements, and used to re-energize crops or gardens.

In direct contrast to islam-- which has no positive use of any kind, in it's entire ugly history.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Do these "qualities" include marrying and raping of underage teens?

Apparently under ugly-islam, they do....!!

Disgusting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! We had friends over for dinner a few years ago. I had a whole tenderloin from a local butcher that I had cut up into beautiful filets. I grilled them to a near perfect medium - medium rare. Upon serving our guests, one guy asks for his to be put back on the grill and cooked until well done and he also asked for A1 steak sauce. I told him to get the phuk out!!!!
Next time? Get him a cut of butt or other super-cheap meat.

Grill the sh7t out of it-- he'll never know the difference.

In fact?

You could likely substitute some uncured leather... if cooked sufficiently, it closely resembles actual meat...

.... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
English mustard for me. There is nothing so pleasurable as a boot in the sinuses.
I've used Worcestershire sauce as a steak marinade before, but not as a condiment.
<quoted text>
Worcestershire does make an excellent marinade.

As does already-prepared Italian salad dressing-- get the kind with real olive oil and real vinegar-- the other sh7t does not have proper ingredients.

The idea with a marinade is to help breakdown the collagen in the meat, which tenderize it.

The extra flavor is only a lovely side effect.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
Anyway I would have compared islam to a cow pad.
I **did** think of a positive use for islam....

... bear with me for a bit...

... seeing as how it seems to attract a violent and extremely zealous type of person the most?

... and seeing as how islam encourages violence within it's ranks?

One slight benifit of it being around, is that it tends to gather up the worst humanity has to offer into a single set of cults ...

... and then pitches these cults against one another, greatly reducing the overall numbers of violent-types from humanities' collective gene pool.

The unfortunate price to pay (which is still too high, IMO) for all of that, is that many-many innocent parties also get caught up in the deadly violence.

... meh.

On second thought?

The negatives still outweigh any scant positives, here...
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

I agree about tenderising.

I most often use just olive oil and white wine vinegar as a marinade. I find that to be particularly effective with pork.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Worcestershire does make an excellent marinade.
As does already-prepared Italian salad dressing-- get the kind with real olive oil and real vinegar-- the other sh7t does not have proper ingredients.
The idea with a marinade is to help breakdown the collagen in the meat, which tenderize it.
The extra flavor is only a lovely side effect.
:)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So as messiah what will you be doing to save the world?
<quoted text>
I have already ended the cold war, gotten the Jews out of Russia and restored pride to the military. I will bring the law of God/heaven to the earth and write it on peoples hearts and there will be everlasting peace and righteousness in the earth.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
How odd.
I met a guy named William who claimed everything you said.
He also said he hated the nickname Bill for the connotation of things you have to pay.
He said he liked to be call Will.
He also said you were a bit creepy.
His name is William and I used to call him Mr. Bill.(from SNL-the masochist) It may be the same person if his name is William Alan Troetschel. I call him treacherous. I am "a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense" Isaiah 8:14 Do you know how he knows me?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely only a couple of dozen or so, in the last 2000 years will make the cut.
Everyone else?
Off to hell!
A truly depraved and disgusting cult.
In Revelation is actually says the number who will be saved will be 144,000.

And these will be male, jewish virgins :D

Hmmm, I wonder why the priests dont bring that to the attention of their flocks!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I agree about tenderising.
I most often use just olive oil and white wine vinegar as a marinade. I find that to be particularly effective with pork.
<quoted text>
Any mild acid will do wonders for tenderizing meats-- the acid loosens the collagen bonds, which are further relaxed by mild heat (cooking).

One reason why slow cookers tenderize meats: the relatively mild temperatures break the connective tissue (collagen) down.

High heat does other things; lovely carbonization; carmalization of sugars and starches. That oh so taste browning effect we love so much.

But in a medium rare steak, the heat in the middle never reaches super-high values, so marinades can do that for you.

Of course, a well done "steak" kinda supersedes all that prep work, and makes me ask, "why bother"...

... may as well have a well done hamburger instead.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
In Revelation is actually says the number who will be saved will be 144,000.

And these will be male, jewish virgins :D

Hmmm, I wonder why the priests dont bring that to the attention of their flocks!
Male, of course. There's some lovely back-story on how Jewsus managed to "convert" his mother Mary into a male, so she could enter "heaven".

Makes you wonder, though-- all male, all virgins?

What does that say about the abrahamic god?

<laughing>

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

What year were you born freak?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I have already ended the cold war, gotten the Jews out of Russia and restored pride to the military. I will bring the law of God/heaven to the earth and write it on peoples hearts and there will be everlasting peace and righteousness in the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,661 - 16,680 of21,335
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••