Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17582 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Thanks for reminding about the protestant movement in 1517!!
It took Christianity 1500 years to “demand” the access to Scriptures, a thing which Muslims had since its very beginning!!
So in fact Protestant Movement was trying to “copy” what Muslims which was with them from very beginning.
But in reality the “Protestant movement” was only a protest against the power of Pope and what he had decreed.
It did not achieve much in improving Christianity as a religion. The “Real Protestant Movement” should have been to “Protest” against the innovation of St. Paul!!
Let us see, when some one rises in Christianity to “protest” against St. Paul and bring it closer to what Jesus preached.
02. No the infighting between Muslim countries is not because of any religious issues.
It is just from some people to get more rights than others and exploit others.
It has no similarity with Catholics / Protestants fights and differences.
In Islam there is no problems as to what are true teachings.
There is no need of new prophet or a reformer of the likes of St. Paul in Islam.
I see.

So the difference between a Sunni and Shiite is just a trivial thing. Like which is better on filet mignon - ketchup or mustard?

Nothing to go to war about, right?

Thinking

York, UK

#17583 Jul 11, 2013
Ketchup on fillet?

Put 'em up, put 'em up!!!
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So the difference between a Sunni and Shiite is just a trivial thing. Like which is better on filet mignon - ketchup or mustard?

Nehwon

#17584 Jul 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Interesting.
Of course, it ignores the fabrication of a god who simply prefers the smell of roasting souls...
... over the adulation of sheep-like slave-worshipers.
Such a deity would engineer things so that most souls end up burning, and just enough to satisfy it's ego in "heaven".
;)
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you know you are going to Hell.
And here's the really fun part.

The look on your face when you arrive at hell and see Bob and I greeting you at the gates.

God also seems to get perverse pleasure seeing that.

The dismay upon realization that those who think they are entitled entry into Club Heaven are refused by St. Peter, the Bouncer.

The Word has it, there are photographers to capture the moment like at Disney World on the Log Flume ride.

Nehwon

#17585 Jul 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Some prophecies do have at least a dual fulfillment but there are others that are very specific. For the ones that are detailed, we need to make sure that every verse out of them are included at the time of their fulfillment. For example Zechariah 11 also says, three shepherds I cut off and Psalm 22 also says, they pierced my hands. Neither of these happened with Jesus but they were fulfilled by the real Messiah. Jesus fulfilled NO messianic prophecy although he did try.
Um, ok.

"Jesus fulfilled NO messianic prophecy although he did try."

Might as well call yourself an atheist, Muslim, Jew, or other here in the "Christian founded" US with that statement.

If the fundy Christians get their way, you might get a year or two reprieve from the "re-education" camps.

Nehwon

#17586 Jul 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why you are arguing with me Liberty, I think we're on the same side. I do believe Jesus was a real person who claimed to be God, he's prophesied in the OT as the modern day idol of Israel. I believe he was a sorcerer and a necromancer and was crucified. I also do not believe he fulfilled any messianic prophecy. The bottom line is he's dead but has been reincarnated. This time he will burst into flames and go to hell, he has sinned against the living God. His new name is Bill.
How odd.

I met a guy named William who claimed everything you said.

He also said he hated the nickname Bill for the connotation of things you have to pay.

He said he liked to be call Will.

He also said you were a bit creepy.
spider

Peterborough, UK

#17587 Jul 11, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Control our thoughts?
Can't claim that I can do that.
But what I can do is evaluate that thought and whether or not to act on it.
So what guideline should I use there? Which holy book would you recommend?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_text
Me,,recommend a holy book, surely you jest G M

Nehwon

#17588 Jul 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Ketchup on fillet?
Put 'em up, put 'em up!!!
<quoted text>
A mustard guy, eh?

Couldn't even fathom the true sacrificial adornment that is Worcestershire sauce?

But this is assuming the filet is prepared by a lay priest.

With a true high priest, you would only need a touch of salt and/or pepper. But only after sampling it first.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17589 Jul 11, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Ketchup on filet mignon die you heathen basted die.

Anyway I would have compared islam to a cow pad.
spider

Brandon, UK

#17590 Jul 11, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ketchup on filet mignon die you heathen basted die.
Anyway I would have compared islam to a cow pad.
Oh come on,,,what have cow pats ever done.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17591 Jul 11, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on,,,what have cow pats ever done.
You are right cow pats are useful.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17592 Jul 11, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
You are right, for a Non Muslim there is no difference between Shia and Sunni....they both are heathen!!

That is why I do not discuss internal problems of any religion on these threads.

Now you confirm it why!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17593 Jul 11, 2013
Spider wrote:

Muq,.,I truly believe you doubt your faith,, I say this in all honesty. I have asked you some very simple and I hope polite questions, I reiterated another's question and YOU gave me the green light, REMEMBER? At no time have I attempted to hide the fact that I neither worship, follow or adhere to any form of religious belief, PERIOD.

2. The point of this discussion is to reach a better understanding from both points of view,.,I did not falter at any step in my discussion with you. I have always been 100% sure of my thoughts on religion. You however try to side step questions.
You mention sarcasm on my part, I am unaware of it. If you have conversed with someone older and wiser in years on these posts and they would care to reply then get them to post in your place,, but do not dodge and avoid the discussion,, we both have a frame of mind,,, do not be so impertinent as to assume you are correct.

YOU OFFER ALLAH AND A MAN PROPHET,,,I ASK YOU TO PROVE IT.. I OFFER YOU NOTHING IN RETURN, as I say THERE IS NOTHING.

How on earth could this be a sham discussion with us both at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Will you now please continue with further explanation of part one of the discussion, or move to part two.

Please read my post again, for one reason or another you have misinterpreted and misrepresented what I have said, this is futile as it is there in black and white,,, further examination of your posts reveal this to be a regular feature.

I do not believe in any god, but wish to discuss the matter to understand those that do.

If you do not wish to discuss,,,. then why are you here ??????????
Ans.

1. My brother, this discussion is about qualities of a True Prophet of God. If some one does not have a believe in God, to what purpose will be discussion on Prophet of God.

There are many people on this thread, who believe in God, but have no clear concept about prophet hood.

This discussion is for such person. If you want to discuss about existence of God and how we can prove His existence that is a separate topic.

2. And then you have gone one step further and said "I also doubt my religion"!!

3. I called our discussion sham, because at the end or in the middle you can say 'Well it was fine, but I do not know what you are talking about, I do not believe in any God"!!

4. But just to keep record straight, that I am running away, I will post the second quality of a True Prophet of God.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17594 Jul 11, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

B. Second Quality: Prophets are always from Male side of Humans.

God has only chosen and send Males as His prophets. It is not because of any insult or down grading women folk, but only because of the roles which God has chosen for men and women.

The job of men is outside their homes and job of women is inside their homes, that is why only males were made Prophets of God.

So there is nothing which we can call as a Female Prophet of God.

PS:

01. What I said above does not negate that women can not get religious education or cannot achieve status of Religious Scholars.

02. Many women have indeed risen to the level of highest religious scholars, and men have come to them and learned about religious matters.

03. These comments are for the position of Prophethood, which is inherently an outward job and since it is duty of prophet to go out and preach to people, women are exempted from this burden which is against their feminine nature.

04. So please do not take it in negative sense, and start male versus female debate. We are only listing qualities of a Prophet and there are no cases of any Women being made a prophet.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17595 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, for a Non Muslim there is no difference between Shia and Sunni....they both are heathen!!...
Not heathen - you can't even get that right. They profess to believe in an Abrahamic god and seem ready to fight people due to it. So they're sectarian, mistaken and superstitious.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/heathens

They're often ignorant too and prejudiced against so many people, even each other. They often seem to despise westerners, gays, bastards, non-believers, children who want to attend school or not have their genitals mutilated, evolution, animal welfare, etc, etc. Many religionists (not just Muslims) certainly aren't noted for tolerance and secularism.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17596 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
3. I called our discussion sham, because at the end or in the middle you can say 'Well it was fine, but I do not know what you are talking about, I do not believe in any God"!!
You are beginning to understand. We dont believe in God or gods here. That is unless you can provide evidence. And the myths and legends of a pedo prophet or goat herders do not count as evidence.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17597 Jul 11, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
LOL! We had friends over for dinner a few years ago. I had a whole tenderloin from a local butcher that I had cut up into beautiful filets. I grilled them to a near perfect medium - medium rare. Upon serving our guests, one guy asks for his to be put back on the grill and cooked until well done and he also asked for A1 steak sauce. I told him to get the phuk out!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17598 Jul 11, 2013
Oh how questions and facts make the soldiers of Allah cower like sniveling children.

This is why your people must kill scores of innocent people Muq, you are unable to discuss and debate subjects with us civilized, showered, deodorant using people.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

1. My brother, this discussion is about qualities of a True Prophet of God. If some one does not have a believe in God, to what purpose will be discussion on Prophet of God.

There are many people on this thread, who believe in God, but have no clear concept about prophet hood.

This discussion is for such person. If you want to discuss about existence of God and how we can prove His existence that is a separate topic.

2. And then you have gone one step further and said "I also doubt my religion"!!

4. But just to keep record straight, that I am running away, I will post the second quality of a True Prophet of God.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17599 Jul 11, 2013
So you have to be a human male to be a prophet... Wow ground breaking information there. We see how Islam treats women by whipping rape victims, chopping off their noses and ears if they displease their husband. This is true an Muq knows it.

Such subhuman swine.
MUQ wrote:

God has only chosen and send Males as His prophets. It is not because of any insult or down grading women folk, but only because of the roles which God has chosen for men and women.

The job of men is outside their homes and job of women is inside their homes, that is why only males were made Prophets of God.

PS:

01. What I said above does not negate that women can not get religious education or cannot achieve status of Religious Scholars.

02. Many women have indeed risen to the level of highest religious scholars, and men have come to them and learned about religious matters.

03. These comments are for the position of Prophethood, which is inherently an outward job and since it is duty of prophet to go out and preach to people, women are exempted from this burden which is against their feminine nature.

04. So please do not take it in negative sense, and start male versus female debate. We are only listing qualities of a Prophet and there are no cases of any Women being made a prophet.
Thinking

York, UK

#17600 Jul 11, 2013
English mustard for me. There is nothing so pleasurable as a boot in the sinuses.

I've used Worcestershire sauce as a steak marinade before, but not as a condiment.
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
A mustard guy, eh?
Couldn't even fathom the true sacrificial adornment that is Worcestershire sauce?
But this is assuming the filet is prepared by a lay priest.
With a true high priest, you would only need a touch of salt and/or pepper. But only after sampling it first.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#17601 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Whatever you mentioned is about how your prophets were rather than criteria to recognize true prophets.
Though I am out of discussion,I want to ask one serious questions that I have in my mind.
Let's assume there is God.What is the evidence that these prophets were actually chosen by the God and not some frauds?
Though there is no empirical evidence or logical argument to support God's existence one can consider it as a possibility.But validating religions on this "unwarranted assumption" is absurd.Religion clearly a BS for me.
If prove your religion to be 100% true,then we all be proven wrong.
Instead of blaming us for being biased,why can't you prove your religion?And of course,I asked about prophets and not God.I am trying to make your job easy.You should be thanking me rather than abusing me.:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Uncle Sam 243,030
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 min DebraE 9,176
John 3:16 16 min superwilly 29
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 46 min NoahLovesU 6,167
Atheists have morals too! 2 hr Amused 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 hr Secret Admirer 19,741
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Mon Thinking 15
More from around the web