Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17553 Jul 10, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of talking to Fadu in a condecending manner, it would have been more helpfull if you had posted the second instalment of qualities required for a prophet.
Your reply to my first quality lacks many points. Just wait for my reply to your post.

We will not move to second quality, unless we have our say on the first one.

You have to be patient with me, as I want to have a proper step by step discussion, not jumping from here to there and then coming back.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17554 Jul 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I wonder what happened to Nightserf and Hedonist?
People come and go all the time. I guess taking a break from forum discussions for a bit or have joined another forum.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17555 Jul 10, 2013
Fasting for ramadan is a very stupid idea. Fasting in the day and eating as much as you want at night. What a massive waste of time :)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17556 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply to my first quality lacks many points. Just wait for my reply to your post.
You have to be patient with me, as I want to have a proper step by step discussion, not jumping from here to there and then coming back.
Let us have a discussion, why do you support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17557 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am patient with all and try to discuss matters in a logical and pollite manner,,,however the qualities you gave for a prophet fell short in decency, as much as they reflect nothing more than a man,,a man who determind his own life and how he would live it without regard or fairness to others,,that is nothing more than a dictator.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17558 Jul 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us have a discussion, why do you [muq] support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?
Religion has the capacity to make people believe in crazy things, and to warp moral values, so that what should be abhorrent becomes a vitue.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17559 Jul 10, 2013
typo: virtue

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17560 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Run away you ridiculous liar with no proof of god.

See how brave you are asking your own cult for the proof you don't have...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17561 Jul 10, 2013
Spider wrote:
01. Yes indeed,, a prophet IS nothing more than a man,, perhaps a man who could use the cloak of a none existent god to live his depraved life.

02. To gain trust or credibility as a prophet and not just a man, he will need to prove the existence of god,,.,this has to date never happened.
Ans.

If you want to have a discussion about Prophets of God, then you should have a belief in God,

Without having belief in God, or at least what is meant by God, what is the purpose of this discussion?

Why you even started this discussion if you were to falter at first step?

That is why I see sarcasm in your reply.

How can we continue this discussion, with you in this frame of mind?

Will it not be a sham discussion?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17562 Jul 10, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am patient with all and try to discuss matters in a logical and pollite manner,,,however the qualities you gave for a prophet fell short in decency, as much as they reflect nothing more than a man,,a man who determind his own life and how he would live it without regard or fairness to others,,that is nothing more than a dictator.
Why to say that Prophet is a human fell short of decency?

I did not say anything about bossing the people and acting like a dictator?

Why are you assuming these things?

You can raise objections when we reach to that stage.

My First quality of True Prophets of God is that they are humans. They are not angels, they are not divine or have any divine attributes.

But it seems you do not even believe in God, so why should we discuss about prophets of God?

Does it not mean, you took the wrong Baton?

Why are we wasting each other's time?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17563 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..My First quality of True Prophets of God is that they are humans...
So did Muhammed make any detailed, specific prophecies which came true?

Or are his prophecies like the ones in the Bible, vague and garbled nonsense?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17564 Jul 10, 2013
Vague statements without dates dont count. To be a valid prophecy I would like specific dates, places and names in the prophecy. And evidence that the prophecy was written before the events it is predicting. A single prophecy that meets this criteria and I will happily convert to whatever religion is on offer :)

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17565 Jul 10, 2013
Sodas the only quality of a prophet you have made is they need to be human! Haha! Wow that is groundbreaking information that Islam has lead you to.

Okay we cannot accept any dogs or swine as prophets! It has to be a human!

You shame Islam with such posts. Keep working hard to make Islam look like the religion of ignorance.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Your reply to my first quality lacks many points. Just wait for my reply to your post.

Henderson, KY

#17566 Jul 10, 2013
I think he avoids questions because while he believes them, he knows the answers will sound incredibly ignorant to educated civilized people. So instead of proudly admitting what Islam and the Quran teaches he has to avoid questions and discussions and just spam blast the board or try to change the subject.

The Quran humiliates him as I have shown with his refusal to speak about the holy she camel of Allah. This is a famous myth in the Quran and well known even by children in Islam. Yet he was ashamed of it so he had to pretend he had never heard of this Quran account.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps Muq needs time for research or invention,,,,, personally I think he has his own doubhts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17567 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
If you want to have a discussion about Prophets of God, then you should have a belief in God,
Religious liars need to prove the god's they choose to lie about or f*ck off, its been that way since the dawn of time itself.

Nobody has proven their god, they all need their mental illnesses cured through professional help.

If they still believe they are not lying, take them to court and lets see how much evidence they can bring up to defend their hate-cults.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17568 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Without having belief in God, or at least what is meant by God, what is the purpose of this discussion?
Why you even started this discussion if you were to falter at first step?
That is why I see sarcasm in your reply.
How can we continue this discussion, with you in this frame of mind?
Will it not be a sham discussion?
Muq,,I truly believe you doubht your faith,,I say this in all honesty. I have asked you some very simple and I hope polite questions, I reiterated anothers question and YOU gave me the green light, REMEMBER? At no time have I attemted to hide the fact that I neither worship, follow or ahere to any form of religious belief, PERIOD.

The point of this discussion is to reach a better understanding from both points of view,,I did not falter at any step in nmy disscusion with you. I have allways been 100% sure of my thoughts on religion. You however try to side step questions.
You mention sarcasm on my part, I am unaware of it. If you have conversed with someone older and wiser in years on these posts and they would care to reply then get them to post in your place,,but do not dodge and avoid the disscusion,,we both have a frame of mind,,,do not be so impertinent as to assume you are correct. YOU OFFER ALLAH AND A MAN PROPHET,,,I ASK YOU TO PROVE IT.. I OFFER YOU NOTHING IN RETURN,as I say THERE IS NOTHING.

Ho.w on earth could this be a sham discussion with us both at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Will you now please continue with further explanation of part one of the discussion, or move to part two.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17569 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why to say that Prophet is a human fell short of decency?
I did not say anything about bossing the people and acting like a dictator?
Why are you assuming these things?
You can raise objections when we reach to that stage.
My First quality of True Prophets of God is that they are humans. They are not angels, they are not divine or have any divine attributes.
But it seems you do not even believe in God, so why should we discuss about prophets of God?
Does it not mean, you took the wrong Baton?
Why are we wasting each other's time?
Please read my post again, for one reason or another you have misinterpreted and misrepresented what I have said, this is futile as it is there in black and white,,, further examination of your posts reveal this to be a regular feature.

I do not believe in any god, but wish to discuss the matter to understand those that do.

If you do not wish to discuss,,,then why are you here ??????????
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17570 Jul 10, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
So did Muhammed make any detailed, specific prophecies which came true?
Or are his prophecies like the ones in the Bible, vague and garbled nonsense?
Some prophecies do have at least a dual fulfillment but there are others that are very specific. For the ones that are detailed, we need to make sure that every verse out of them are included at the time of their fulfillment. For example Zechariah 11 also says, three shepherds I cut off and Psalm 22 also says, they pierced my hands. Neither of these happened with Jesus but they were fulfilled by the real Messiah. Jesus fulfilled NO messianic prophecy although he did try.

Henderson, KY

#17571 Jul 10, 2013
Show proof Jesus even existed before you make claims about what he did and didn't do.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Some prophecies do have at least a dual fulfillment but there are others that are very specific. For the ones that are detailed, we need to make sure that every verse out of them are included at the time of their fulfillment. For example Zechariah 11 also says, three shepherds I cut off and Psalm 22 also says, they pierced my hands. Neither of these happened with Jesus but they were fulfilled by the real Messiah. Jesus fulfilled NO messianic prophecy although he did try.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17572 Jul 10, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has the capacity to make people believe in crazy things, and to warp moral values, so that what should be abhorrent becomes a vitue.
Abso .. bloodly ..lutely and these two islamic godbots are proof beyond any doubt of just how barbaric these scumbags are.

I do not promote violence but mud a company do not deserve breath the same air as normal people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Regolith Based Li... 75,476
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr John 6,109
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr John 209
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Nemesis 4,070
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) 11 hr John 164
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr Eagle 12 - 32,055
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web