Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,043

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17541 Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what happened to Nightserf and Hedonist?

Since: Mar 13

UK

#17542 Jul 9, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa!! slow down there, big fella!! If you exercise your stupidity THAT vigorously for too long you might turn into a puddle of drool!!
gather round people gather round! Here we have the statement of someone who has nothing to say!:) lol ill be back once again, in a few weeks or mabye a few months. Lol

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17543 Jul 9, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> gather round people gather round! Here we have the statement of someone who has nothing to say!:) lol ill be back once again, in a few weeks or mabye a few months. Lol
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're here to lie about, you will gain more respect.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17544 Jul 9, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> gather round people gather round! Here we have the statement of someone who has nothing to say!:) lol ill be back once again, in a few weeks or mabye a few months. Lol
This from someone who thinks he had something worth saying. Lol!
:-)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17545 Jul 9, 2013
:))

Funny and true!
spider wrote:
<quoted text>WELL ALLAH TOLD HIM WHEN HE WAS ALL ALONE AND UNABLE TO VERIFY IT.

There you have it,,,he was either lying for his own wicked reasons , or in dire need of a psychiatrist. Nowadays any one expieriencing voices in their head, is a serious cause of concern for the rest of us.

Louisville, KY

#17546 Jul 9, 2013
I just ignored his childish rambling.

He'll be changing sock accounts soon enough.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>This from someone who thinks he had something worth saying. Lol!
:-)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17547 Jul 9, 2013
UK news...
Andrew Copson, Chief Executive of the BHA, said,‘Legal recognition for humanist marriages has wide support across the country and we welcome any step that brings it closer. It is eight years now since Scotland introduced humanist marriages and just last week the Republic of Ireland followed suit – England and Wales are lagging behind. Millions of people in England and Wales have profound beliefs and values that have nothing to do with religion and which they want to draw on in creating the moments that give their lives meaning, including marriage. Humanist celebrants have decades of experience in creating and leading those ceremonies and the couples that have them deserve for that wedding to be their legal marriage.’
Source:
http://humanism.org.uk/2013/07/08/legal-human...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17548 Jul 9, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Post something other than a diatribe of idiocy and you may get a reply that is somewhat less than outright ridicule.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17549 Jul 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Really are these qualities of prophets or a typical human being?
You keep quite now, you have handed over the baton to some one else.

Just watch this discussion and add to your knowledge base.

Louisville, KY

#17550 Jul 9, 2013
What discussion? You failing to answer questions?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You keep quite now, you have handed over the baton to some one else.

spider

Ely, UK

#17551 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep quite now, you have handed over the baton to some one else.
Instead of talking to Fadu in a condecending manner, it would have been more helpfull if you had posted the second instalment of qualities required for a prophet.
spider

Ely, UK

#17552 Jul 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What discussion? You failing to answer questions?
<quoted text>
Perhaps Muq needs time for research or invention,,,,, personally I think he has his own doubhts.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17553 Jul 10, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of talking to Fadu in a condecending manner, it would have been more helpfull if you had posted the second instalment of qualities required for a prophet.
Your reply to my first quality lacks many points. Just wait for my reply to your post.

We will not move to second quality, unless we have our say on the first one.

You have to be patient with me, as I want to have a proper step by step discussion, not jumping from here to there and then coming back.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17554 Jul 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I wonder what happened to Nightserf and Hedonist?
People come and go all the time. I guess taking a break from forum discussions for a bit or have joined another forum.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17555 Jul 10, 2013
Fasting for ramadan is a very stupid idea. Fasting in the day and eating as much as you want at night. What a massive waste of time :)

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17556 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply to my first quality lacks many points. Just wait for my reply to your post.
You have to be patient with me, as I want to have a proper step by step discussion, not jumping from here to there and then coming back.
Let us have a discussion, why do you support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?
spider

Ely, UK

#17557 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am patient with all and try to discuss matters in a logical and pollite manner,,,however the qualities you gave for a prophet fell short in decency, as much as they reflect nothing more than a man,,a man who determind his own life and how he would live it without regard or fairness to others,,that is nothing more than a dictator.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17558 Jul 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us have a discussion, why do you [muq] support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?
Religion has the capacity to make people believe in crazy things, and to warp moral values, so that what should be abhorrent becomes a vitue.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17559 Jul 10, 2013
typo: virtue

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17560 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Run away you ridiculous liar with no proof of god.

See how brave you are asking your own cult for the proof you don't have...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heaven 4 min Reason Personified 44
Our world came from nothing? 11 min Reason Personified 1,107
Man center of the universe. 32 min Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 1 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 231,017
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 20 hr Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE