Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,293

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#17521 Jul 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
A. First Quality: Prophets are Human:
This is the First Quality of a True prophet of God. He shall be a human and nothing but a human. He shall not be an angel; he shall not be God or God in human shape.
To guide humans, God only sends humans as prophets. So every prophet has to pass this test.
If we find that some people have raised the status of their prophets to God or God in human form or Son of God etc, it is the exaggeration from their side and should not be taken in literal sense. It could be permissible only in its allegorical sense, as indicating some one who is “very close” to God.
A1: Prophets behave like “Ordinary human being” during their day to day lives:
Since a prophet is a human, he feels hunger, thirst, can become sick, has sexual desires. He gets married and has children. He can have one wife or more wives as permitted by God. He might do some work to earn his livelihood and can also do trading or tend flock etc.
These acts do not lower his status as a prophet of God and do not have any affect on his prophet hood. It is not for us to grade prophets of God based on their worldly status and position.
Really are these qualities of prophets or a typical human being?

Devil's hometown

#17522 Jul 9, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your handling the batton just fine Fadu. We both know that given time I will be accussed of being biased or confused in a circular fashion. I repeated your question out of curiosity and didn't expect an honest reply,,,I think that is proof enough.
Sure,MUQ has a 1000 reasons to escape from a reasonable discussion.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17523 Jul 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,MUQ has a 1000 reasons to escape from a reasonable discussion.
IMO most likely to do with brainwashing since birth, and so will likely never wake up. His parents would have indoctrinated him into Islam then dragged him to a mosque every week for further indoctrination.

Devil's hometown

#17524 Jul 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO most likely to do with brainwashing since birth, and so will likely never wake up. His parents would have indoctrinated him into Islam then dragged him to a mosque every week for further indoctrination.
Skepticism is an attribute of Satan in Abrahamic religion.The religious makers cunningly attributed skepticism to Satan so that the brainwashed people would never dare to ask questions even if they feel something slightly murky in their faith.
And some of the Muslims I've talked with in Topix ended up saying "Satan misguides you"

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17525 Jul 9, 2013
I have a feeling he will refuse to answer you and desperately try to take you off subject. It seems Islam has failed him in his ability to critically think and answer any question.

It took him months to even look up the holy she camel of Allah when I brought that up and that is in the Quran!

He had no clue what I was talking about! Lol!:))
spider wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried to give him some direction, penned by a better man than I.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17526 Jul 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>.. some of the Muslims I've talked with in Topix ended up saying "Satan misguides you"
Of course satanism is a theism, and we do not overly concern ourselves with imaginary characters.

Louisville, KY

#17527 Jul 9, 2013
I think he is deeply ashamed because he cannot answer our questions. So as many Muslims do when unable to answer questions they ignore them and desperately try to change the subject.

Such cowardly weak minded people. Truly Islam has failed them miserably.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think MUQ knows the answer,,I believe he has doubhts which cause confusion and a sence of guilt in his mind.

Louisville, KY

#17528 Jul 9, 2013
Long story short a prophet is a man who claims he is a prophet. Lol!
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

A. First Quality: Prophets are Human:

This is the First Quality of a True prophet of God. He shall be a human and nothing but a human. He shall not be an angel; he shall not be God or God in human shape.

To guide humans, God only sends humans as prophets. So every prophet has to pass this test.

If we find that some people have raised the status of their prophets to God or God in human form or Son of God etc, it is the exaggeration from their side and should not be taken in literal sense. It could be permissible only in its allegorical sense, as indicating some one who is “very close” to God.

A1: Prophets behave like “Ordinary human being” during their day to day lives:

Since a prophet is a human, he feels hunger, thirst, can become sick, has sexual desires. He gets married and has children. He can have one wife or more wives as permitted by God. He might do some work to earn his livelihood and can also do trading or tend flock etc.

These acts do not lower his status as a prophet of God and do not have any affect on his prophet hood. It is not for us to grade prophets of God based on their worldly status and position.

Louisville, KY

#17529 Jul 9, 2013
Exactly.

In the Quran myth Muhammad says Muslims are only allowed 4 wives, except those that marry women in Muhammad's family they are only allowed one wife... Oh but Muhammad is allowed 12 wives! Why? Well Allah told him when he was all alone and unable to verify it.

:))
spider wrote:
<quoted text>Yes indeed,,a prophet IS nothing more than a man,,perhaps a man who could use the cloak of a none existent god to live his depraved life.

To gain trust or credibility as a prophet and not just a man, he will need to prove the existence of god,,,this has to date never happened.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17530 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly.
In the Quran myth Muhammad says Muslims are only allowed 4 wives, except those that marry women in Muhammad's family they are only allowed one wife... Oh but Muhammad is allowed 12 wives! Why? Well Allah told him when he was all alone and unable to verify it.
<quoted text>
Thats nothing! Solomon in the Bible had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Imagine 700 mothers in law gathered in one place! How could anyone cope with that :D
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17531 Jul 9, 2013
These myths and legends of prophets are moronic, but I admit they do have good comedy value :)

Louisville, KY

#17532 Jul 9, 2013
Ya but Solomon didn't say he could have 700 wives but everyone else could only have one lol!

Oh well myths are funny. Solomon was a recreation most likely of a real king, Shalmânu.

We see this throughout the Torah and NT for that matter.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats nothing! Solomon in the Bible had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Imagine 700 mothers in law gathered in one place! How could anyone cope with that :D
spider

Ely, UK

#17533 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly.
<quoted text>
WELL ALLAH TOLD HIM WHEN HE WAS ALL ALONE AND UNABLE TO VERIFY IT.

There you have it,,,he was either lying for his own wicked reasons , or in dire need of a psychiatrist. Nowadays any one expieriencing voices in their head, is a serious cause of concern for the rest of us.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#17534 Jul 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is your assertion, an assertion cannot be proof of that assertion. So where is your evidence that your assertions are at all accurate? If you have none, then just say you are only stating opinion.
you like the word assertion lol isn't my opinion, what you on about I didn't write it?

UK

#17535 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Like many Christholes he is trained to say he is right because.... Well he said so!
<quoted text>
your trying to say I'm wrong? so everything you say is right? You don't make sense lol yes I put lol get over it

UK

#17536 Jul 9, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
RUBBISH!
I suggest you explain the following problems for us...
READY? SET... GO!
Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.
Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.
Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.
Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.
Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.
Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.
Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.
please....take your time we can wait!
future prophecies, look what's happening to damascus now? And iran are the persians, when they start with iran ww3 begins the 3rd woe. And I already answered about christ. And them jewish people are not the real jews I already explained that, read revlations and it tells you that. Never mentions jewish in the bible. Its about we tribes and the head was judah, that's where you get the name jew. Simples

UK

#17537 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus was black? In that case we really need to have snoop dog play him in a future movie.
<quoted text>
yeh christ was a black man it tells you that in the bible? What you on about

UK

#17538 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He is humiliating himself with verse 68 which mentions Israeli slaves being out on a boat and bondsmen.
He reads this and says wow that sounds like the slave trade in America! It must be talking about the exact same thing! Silly Christholes do this kind of projection all the time.
Hey the bible mentions people drinking water and gasp!! People today drink water! It must be prophecy!
Lol!
<quoted text>
lol who else has that happend to? Who else was cut away fro their heritage? Come on let's not try and make jokes just baecause you didn't like what you read.

UK

#17539 Jul 9, 2013
Let's say there was a big bang, wouldn't the big bang need a force or power to happen? You can't get something out of nothing. You telling me you can tell us that a big bang happened billions of years ago? Ok then tell me what was happening 20 million years ago? And your going to say evolution we developed from single cell organisms and our complexed bodys just happend to develop its self into what we are today...wow!? And I'm still waiting to see a monkey or ape turn into a human? Or a fish to turn into a reptile? Or a reptile to turn into a chicken or achicken to turn into a cat lol (I think you get my point)? Or mabye you don't? And having different varietys of a certain animal isn't proof of evelotion, just how there's different varietys of the human race. A dog is still a dog if it has a small or large tail a cat is still a cat if it has fur or no fur, right? And athiesm is just a religion its self, you belive in the big bang theroy you have a belief in a higher power. If there is no god or power whatever people want to say, how do you explain the complexity of our bodys? Dna? Earth? The planets? The universe? It just happened right? Evrything has to be created from a source science tells you that. End of that. Now the reason you don't understand the bible is because you don't want to you hate of a power judgeing you for your actions. And people are born knowing right from wrong, you know its wrong to kill to sleep with another mans wife and to lie. Up to you really, I'm done any way. Smiles :)

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17540 Jul 9, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Let's say there was a big bang, wouldn't the big bang need a force or power to happen? You can't get something out of nothing. You telling me you can tell us that a big bang happened billions of years ago? Ok then tell me what was happening 20 million years ago? And your going to say evolution we developed from single cell organisms and our complexed bodys just happend to develop its self into what we are today...wow!? And I'm still waiting to see a monkey or ape turn into a human? Or a fish to turn into a reptile? Or a reptile to turn into a chicken or achicken to turn into a cat lol (I think you get my point)? Or mabye you don't? And having different varietys of a certain animal isn't proof of evelotion, just how there's different varietys of the human race. A dog is still a dog if it has a small or large tail a cat is still a cat if it has fur or no fur, right? And athiesm is just a religion its self, you belive in the big bang theroy you have a belief in a higher power. If there is no god or power whatever people want to say, how do you explain the complexity of our bodys? Dna? Earth? The planets? The universe? It just happened right? Evrything has to be created from a source science tells you that. End of that. Now the reason you don't understand the bible is because you don't want to you hate of a power judgeing you for your actions. And people are born knowing right from wrong, you know its wrong to kill to sleep with another mans wife and to lie. Up to you really, I'm done any way. Smiles :)
Whoa!! slow down there, big fella!! If you exercise your stupidity THAT vigorously for too long you might turn into a puddle of drool!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Reason Personified 17
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 479
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 3 hr Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 3 hr Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 3 hr Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr Patrick 194
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 4 hr Patrick 4,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
•••

Atheism People Search