Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23869 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17512 Jul 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps you would do well to consider this, doubhts create questions,,,there should never be a red light.
Have you read the poem, IF, by Rudyard Kipling ? It is my considered opinion that if a man has, or can adopt the qualities contained therein, then he will indeed be a man amonghst men, no more, no less.
A prophet or God would do well to heed those words written by an ordinary but wise man. That is my opinion for what it is worth, I am an ordinary man, I am an atheist.
I look forward to your full input, your thoughts.
So you have no idea what are qualities of a True Prophet of God, that is not bad, or nothing to be ashamed of. In fact Most people have no idea what are qualities of a True prophet of God.

If you spoke the truth then you are like a clean slate.

This is fine with me, now I will start giving my list, one quality at a time.

You can put your remarks and once we have had our say, we move to next item in the list.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17513 Jul 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And as expected Muq refuses to answer the question but instead wants the asker to answer it themselves.
It is difficult for him to admit he doesn't know.
<quoted text>
I don't think MUQ knows the answer,,I believe he has doubhts which cause confusion and a sence of guilt in his mind.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17514 Jul 8, 2013

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

A. First Quality: Prophets are Human:

This is the First Quality of a True prophet of God. He shall be a human and nothing but a human. He shall not be an angel; he shall not be God or God in human shape.

To guide humans, God only sends humans as prophets. So every prophet has to pass this test.

If we find that some people have raised the status of their prophets to God or God in human form or Son of God etc, it is the exaggeration from their side and should not be taken in literal sense. It could be permissible only in its allegorical sense, as indicating some one who is “very close” to God.

A1: Prophets behave like “Ordinary human being” during their day to day lives:

Since a prophet is a human, he feels hunger, thirst, can become sick, has sexual desires. He gets married and has children. He can have one wife or more wives as permitted by God. He might do some work to earn his livelihood and can also do trading or tend flock etc.

These acts do not lower his status as a prophet of God and do not have any affect on his prophet hood. It is not for us to grade prophets of God based on their worldly status and position.

spider

Cambridge, UK

#17515 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no idea what are qualities of a True Prophet of God, that is not bad, or nothing to be ashamed of. In fact Most people have no idea what are qualities of a True prophet of God.
If you spoke the truth then you are like a clean slate.
This is fine with me, now I will start giving my list, one quality at a time.
You can put your remarks and once we have had our say, we move to next item in the list.
ASHAMED ???? ME,,,NOW THAT'S FUNNY, why on earth do you think I should be ashamed. I am not the one who has been brainwashed.

You haven't read the poem have you,,,let's discuss that first,,you asked me a question, I gave you an answer.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17516 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no idea what are qualities of a True Prophet of God, that is not bad, or nothing to be ashamed of.
Neither do you - you invented and lie to us about this concept while providing no evidence.

This is your cult, this is what it is about - lies deception, ignoring direct questions.

All of this is what your cult is about, make no mistake - you're simple liars.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17517 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
This is the First Quality of a True prophet of God. He shall be a human and nothing but a human. He shall not be an angel; he shall not be God or God in human shape.
To guide humans, God only sends humans as prophets. So every prophet has to pass this test.
If we find that some people have raised the status of their prophets to God or God in human form or Son of God etc, it is the exaggeration from their side and should not be taken in literal sense. It could be permissible only in its allegorical sense, as indicating some one who is “very close” to God.
Since a prophet is a human, he feels hunger, thirst, can become sick, has sexual desires. He gets married and has children. He can have one wife or more wives as permitted by God. He might do some work to earn his livelihood and can also do trading or tend flock etc.
These acts do not lower his status as a prophet of God and do not have any affect on his prophet hood. It is not for us to grade prophets of God based on their worldly status and position.
When you are brave enough to prove your god, atheists will see you as brave instead of weak and dishonest.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17518 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Yes indeed,,a prophet IS nothing more than a man,,perhaps a man who could use the cloak of a none existent god to live his depraved life.

To gain trust or credibility as a prophet and not just a man, he will need to prove the existence of god,,,this has to date never happened.

spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17520 Jul 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Since a prophet is a human, he feels hunger, thirst, can become sick, has sexual desires. He gets married and has children. He can have one wife or more wives as permitted by God. He might do some work to earn his livelihood and can also do trading or tend flock etc.
You failed to mention keeping black slaves, being a slave owner, a slave trader, being a pedophile, with a child bride and slave concubines. The scum of the earth. I mock your "prophets" as the vile scum that they are.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#17521 Jul 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Really are these qualities of prophets or a typical human being?

Mumbai, India

#17522 Jul 9, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your handling the batton just fine Fadu. We both know that given time I will be accussed of being biased or confused in a circular fashion. I repeated your question out of curiosity and didn't expect an honest reply,,,I think that is proof enough.
Sure,MUQ has a 1000 reasons to escape from a reasonable discussion.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17523 Jul 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,MUQ has a 1000 reasons to escape from a reasonable discussion.
IMO most likely to do with brainwashing since birth, and so will likely never wake up. His parents would have indoctrinated him into Islam then dragged him to a mosque every week for further indoctrination.

Mumbai, India

#17524 Jul 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO most likely to do with brainwashing since birth, and so will likely never wake up. His parents would have indoctrinated him into Islam then dragged him to a mosque every week for further indoctrination.
Skepticism is an attribute of Satan in Abrahamic religion.The religious makers cunningly attributed skepticism to Satan so that the brainwashed people would never dare to ask questions even if they feel something slightly murky in their faith.
And some of the Muslims I've talked with in Topix ended up saying "Satan misguides you"

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17525 Jul 9, 2013
I have a feeling he will refuse to answer you and desperately try to take you off subject. It seems Islam has failed him in his ability to critically think and answer any question.

It took him months to even look up the holy she camel of Allah when I brought that up and that is in the Quran!

He had no clue what I was talking about! Lol!:))
spider wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried to give him some direction, penned by a better man than I.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17526 Jul 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>.. some of the Muslims I've talked with in Topix ended up saying "Satan misguides you"
Of course satanism is a theism, and we do not overly concern ourselves with imaginary characters.

Henderson, KY

#17527 Jul 9, 2013
I think he is deeply ashamed because he cannot answer our questions. So as many Muslims do when unable to answer questions they ignore them and desperately try to change the subject.

Such cowardly weak minded people. Truly Islam has failed them miserably.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think MUQ knows the answer,,I believe he has doubhts which cause confusion and a sence of guilt in his mind.

Henderson, KY

#17528 Jul 9, 2013
Long story short a prophet is a man who claims he is a prophet. Lol!
MUQ wrote:

Henderson, KY

#17529 Jul 9, 2013
Exactly.

In the Quran myth Muhammad says Muslims are only allowed 4 wives, except those that marry women in Muhammad's family they are only allowed one wife... Oh but Muhammad is allowed 12 wives! Why? Well Allah told him when he was all alone and unable to verify it.

:))
spider wrote:
<quoted text>Yes indeed,,a prophet IS nothing more than a man,,perhaps a man who could use the cloak of a none existent god to live his depraved life.

To gain trust or credibility as a prophet and not just a man, he will need to prove the existence of god,,,this has to date never happened.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17530 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly.
In the Quran myth Muhammad says Muslims are only allowed 4 wives, except those that marry women in Muhammad's family they are only allowed one wife... Oh but Muhammad is allowed 12 wives! Why? Well Allah told him when he was all alone and unable to verify it.
:))
<quoted text>
Thats nothing! Solomon in the Bible had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Imagine 700 mothers in law gathered in one place! How could anyone cope with that :D
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17531 Jul 9, 2013
These myths and legends of prophets are moronic, but I admit they do have good comedy value :)

Henderson, KY

#17532 Jul 9, 2013
Ya but Solomon didn't say he could have 700 wives but everyone else could only have one lol!

Oh well myths are funny. Solomon was a recreation most likely of a real king, Shalmânu.

We see this throughout the Torah and NT for that matter.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats nothing! Solomon in the Bible had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Imagine 700 mothers in law gathered in one place! How could anyone cope with that :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Chimney1 35,075
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 3 hr emperorjohn 139
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 3 hr Reason Personified 156
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr woodtick57 20,092
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr superwilly 3,710
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr ChristineM 14,939
There are no such things as gods or fairies 13 hr Amused 102
More from around the web