Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Chatteris, UK

#17490 Jul 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you KNOW the qualities of a true prophet of God, please spill it out, or if you do not know them, then ask me.
What is your style of argument, I do not understand?
Talk to me in simple language and not in this "circular way".
What are the qualities of a true profit of God ?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17491 Jul 7, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me sort it out with our friend FS, then I will discuss it with you, just hold for some time.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17492 Jul 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me sort it out with our friend FS, then I will discuss it with you, just hold for some time.
For one?

A True Profit of God™ would not molest little girls...

... and **certainly** not force-marry any.

That pretty much eliminates your Moohumud right there: he's a **false** profit.

Pity you.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17493 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you only need to explain it once, are you dodging the question ?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17494 Jul 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you only need to explain it once, are you dodging the question ?
No it would be like having two discussions on the same thread with two different persons, which I do not like, at least not when starting discussion.

Ask our friend to "hand over" the baton to you, so we can begin.

I want things to be done properly, slowly and step-by step.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17495 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it would be like having two discussions on the same thread with two different persons, which I do not like, at least not when starting discussion.
Speaking of dodging questions, why do you refuse to condemn your religion's treatment of little girls?
spider

Soham, UK

#17496 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure okay MUQ, thats fine. It really doesen, matter to whom you give the answer. I am not looking to take over the batton, I just feel you were asked a fair and simple question and reiterated it. If you do not know the answer then admit it, otherwise it appears you are dodging, others will then apply their own interpretation. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA ON YOUR PART ?

India

#17497 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK MUQ,I am handing over the baton to my friend spider.I hope he is not biased,confused or uses circular argument like me.I understood that honest MUQ will answer to only unbiased people. LOL!

India

#17498 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not making any circular argument and most importantly you haven't even pointed out the fallacies in my post.All we hear is the same lame excuses from you.
What I want is an answer and of course a reasonable one.It doesn't matter whom you're speaking to;all you need to do is give a plausible response.
From your evasive behavior it is very clear that you're trying to put off this discussion by making lame excuses.I try my best not to give up.Give an answer.
How can you avoid the possibility of anyone becoming prophet using the criteria that you mentioned?Answer this question.
You can refer to my long post;take your time and show some honesty.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17499 Jul 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If prophecy was real, then a prophet would be able to give accurate and detailed prophecies about the future, including naming persons, times and places in detail.

People claiming to be prophets always give very vague prophecies and guess work. If they make enough then some may could true through coincidence.

A common trick used by alledged prophets is to invent the prophecy after the event has taken place to match the circumstances of the event that has already taken place.

From the evidence, prophets are either deceptive or suffer from mentally illness. As we know all religion is a mental illness, and adherents suffer to varying degrees.

People like Muhammed and the apostle Paul, would hear voices and have hallucinations, and exhibit other signs of mental illness.

India

#17500 Jul 8, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If prophecy was real, then a prophet would be able to give accurate and detailed prophecies about the future, including naming persons, times and places in detail.
People claiming to be prophets always give very vague prophecies and guess work. If they make enough then some may could true through coincidence.
A common trick used by alledged prophets is to invent the prophecy after the event has taken place to match the circumstances of the event that has already taken place.
From the evidence, prophets are either deceptive or suffer from mentally illness. As we know all religion is a mental illness, and adherents suffer to varying degrees.
People like Muhammed and the apostle Paul, would hear voices and have hallucinations, and exhibit other signs of mental illness.
You mean schizophrenia.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17501 Jul 8, 2013
True all prophets only give vague easily projected upon predictions.

In today's age Muhammad would be in a looney bin. Well if he even existed.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>If prophecy was real, then a prophet would be able to give accurate and detailed prophecies about the future, including naming persons, times and places in detail.

spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17502 Jul 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
..Muhammad would be in a looney bin. Well if he even existed.
<quoted text>
I think either that or being a hot head on the streets being very angry or in a jihad somewhere. Maybe its the heat?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17504 Jul 8, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
OK MUQ,I am handing over the baton to my friend spider.I hope he is not biased,confused or uses circular argument like me.I understood that honest MUQ will answer to only unbiased people. LOL!
Your handling the batton just fine Fadu. We both know that given time I will be accussed of being biased or confused in a circular fashion. I repeated your question out of curiosity and didn't expect an honest reply,,,I think that is proof enough.

Henderson, KY

#17505 Jul 8, 2013
The heat and just the backwards way those people are.

Islam spread by the sword, had it not been for killing entire communities to spread fear it never would have grown to it's current size. Even Muq admits the Islamic way is to first try to indoctrinate by words and if that fails by killing those who do not convert.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>I think either that or being a hot head on the streets being very angry or in a jihad somewhere. Maybe its the heat?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17506 Jul 8, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked a simple question and he will receive answer Inshallah i.e. God willing.

You asked the same question, but then started raising futile questions....so you were neither honest, not straight.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17507 Jul 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure okay MUQ, thats fine. It really doesen, matter to whom you give the answer. I am not looking to take over the batton, I just feel you were asked a fair and simple question and reiterated it. If you do not know the answer then admit it, otherwise it appears you are dodging, others will then apply their own interpretation. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA ON YOUR PART ?
OK, you have got green light now!!

First let me ask, have you any list or idea of what should be qualities of a True prophet of God, so we can distinguish between a True Prophet and a false prophet.

Before I start giving my input, I would like to ask, if you have any info on that?

Henderson, KY

#17509 Jul 8, 2013
And as expected Muq refuses to answer the question but instead wants the asker to answer it themselves.

It is difficult for him to admit he doesn't know.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you have got green light now!!

First let me ask, have you any list or idea of what should be qualities of a True prophet of God, so we can distinguish between a True Prophet and a false prophet.

Before I start giving my input, I would like to ask, if you have any info on that?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17510 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you have got green light now!!
perhaps you would do well to consider this, doubhts create questions,,,there should never be a red light.

Have you read the poem, IF, by Rudyard Kipling ? It is my considered opinion that if a man has, or can adopt the qualities contained therein, then he will indeed be a man amonghst men, no more, no less.
A prophet or God would do well to heed those words written by an ordinary but wise man. That is my opinion for what it is worth, I am an ordinary man, I am an atheist.
I look forward to your full input, your thoughts.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17511 Jul 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And as expected Muq refuses to answer the question but instead wants the asker to answer it themselves.
It is difficult for him to admit he doesn't know.
<quoted text>
I have tried to give him some direction, penned by a better man than I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 23 min nanoanomaly 178
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min 15th Dalai Lama 75,181
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr IB DaMann 6,098
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Nemesis 32,051
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 15 hr Nemesis 4,068
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web