Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 20 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17479 Jul 6, 2013
Very well said and if Muq doesn't like the question he will always attack the person asking it. We come from civilized societies.

Muq comes from a society that butchers children and will kill you if you ask the wrong question.
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>I am not biased.I am asking for the obvious clarification
What Muhammad did exactly?He declared himself as prophet and followed some of the tenets of Christianity and Judaism.
At the same time,he advocated that both Jewish and Christian scriptures had been corrupted albeit he approved the founder of both religions as prophet.
Why cannot I be a prophet if I do the same thing?
I would agree that Muhammad was true prophet and follow his footsteps.But I would deny the belief that he was a last prophet and claim myself as the one.I would call Quran is corrupted even though it was from a true prophet.I would accuse those ancient Arabs who orally transmitted Quranic message after his death of corrupting Quran.I would declare myself as the true last prophet and would try to convince people that Muhammad was not the last prophet;it was a big lie told by the early Muslims.
I would do the same thing what your prophet did.
Then why you would disbelieve me being if I do the aforesaid?
The criteria that you mentioned were very simple.Then why can't I be a prophet?
What irrefutable proof Islam has produced that Muhammad was indeed the last prophet?
Muslims accuse church of corruption of Bible.I would do the same and accuse Muslims who would orally spread Quranic message before Quran had took tangible form.Will you accept me as a prophet if I do that?
It is just that easy.That is why I ask if there was any hard criteria known before Islam that confirms all your claims and negates the possibility of anyone becoming prophet.
Understand me MUQ!
Don't blame me if you are incompetent to give plausible explanations.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17480 Jul 6, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you know you are going to Hell.
It's not that you can - you must - its a symptom of your mental illness of faith.

You actually can't stop telling people they are going to hell. Have you ever tried getting well again?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17481 Jul 6, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read anything so wrong in my life.
its called the bible.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#17482 Jul 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Very well said and if Muq doesn't like the question he will always attack the person asking it. We come from civilized societies.
Muq comes from a society that butchers children and will kill you if you ask the wrong question.
<quoted text>
Yeah..I am expecting an honest answer from him which he hasn't given yet.He either call me a biased person or says I'm confused.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17483 Jul 6, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not biased.I am asking for the obvious clarification
What Muhammad did exactly?He declared himself as prophet and followed some of the tenets of Christianity and Judaism.
At the same time,he advocated that both Jewish and Christian scriptures had been corrupted albeit he approved the founder of both religions as prophet.
Why cannot I be a prophet if I do the same thing?
I would agree that Muhammad was true prophet and follow his footsteps.But I would deny the belief that he was a last prophet and claim myself as the one.I would call Quran is corrupted even though it was from a true prophet.I would accuse those ancient Arabs who orally transmitted Quranic message after his death of corrupting Quran.I would declare myself as the true last prophet and would try to convince people that Muhammad was not the last prophet;it was a big lie told by the early Muslims.
I would do the same thing what your prophet did.
Then why you would disbelieve me being if I do the aforesaid?
The criteria that you mentioned were very simple.Then why can't I be a prophet?
What irrefutable proof Islam has produced that Muhammad was indeed the last prophet?
Muslims accuse church of corruption of Bible.I would do the same and accuse Muslims who would orally spread Quranic message before Quran had took tangible form.Will you accept me as a prophet if I do that?
It is just that easy.That is why I ask if there was any hard criteria known before Islam that confirms all your claims and negates the possibility of anyone becoming prophet.
Understand me MUQ!
Don't blame me if you are incompetent to give plausible explanations.
Even without starting discussion, you have "so many conclusions"?

Why did then you wanted to ask me "What are qualities of a True Prophet of God"?

If you "Knew all" why you are wasting yours and mine time as well?

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#17484 Jul 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Even without starting discussion, you have "so many conclusions"?
Why did then you wanted to ask me "What are qualities of a True Prophet of God"?
Nope,wasting your time wasn't even the least of my intentions.
I gave you so many chances to reply.I am tired of posting the same things again and again.Either you say I'm confused or accuse me of making circular argument.And now you're coming up with this .If I am wrong,correct me and put a counter argument.
I need an answer MUQ. Don't be childish and complain about silly things and escape out of the discussion.Would you answer to my previous post MUQ or come with complaints again?
Show some signs of willingness to give answers.
spider

Soham, UK

#17485 Jul 7, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read anything so wrong in my life.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes you have.
spider

Soham, UK

#17486 Jul 7, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you know you are going to Hell.
Bob may be consumed with his own life demons,therefore in a living hell, he may even be subconciously fearfull of the possobility of a heaven hell existence,,,but he won't be going to either,,you are wrong to threaten others,,you are just projecting your own fears.

Louisville, KY

#17487 Jul 7, 2013
He lacks the intelligence to debate with civilized people. Muslims prefer chopping off heads instead of actual honest debate.
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah..I am expecting an honest answer from him which he hasn't given yet.He either call me a biased person or says I'm confused.

Louisville, KY

#17488 Jul 7, 2013
Blame only yourself and your Islamic upbringing for your failures in discussion with civilized people.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Even without starting discussion, you have "so many conclusions"?

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17489 Jul 7, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope,wasting your time wasn't even the least of my intentions.
I gave you so many chances to reply.I am tired of posting the same things again and again.Either you say I'm confused or accuse me of making circular argument.And now you're coming up with this .If I am wrong,correct me and put a counter argument.
I need an answer MUQ. Don't be childish and complain about silly things and escape out of the discussion.Would you answer to my previous post MUQ or come with complaints again?
Show some signs of willingness to give answers.
If you KNOW the qualities of a true prophet of God, please spill it out, or if you do not know them, then ask me.

What is your style of argument, I do not understand?

Talk to me in simple language and not in this "circular way".
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17490 Jul 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you KNOW the qualities of a true prophet of God, please spill it out, or if you do not know them, then ask me.
What is your style of argument, I do not understand?
Talk to me in simple language and not in this "circular way".
What are the qualities of a true profit of God ?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17491 Jul 7, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the qualities of a true profit of God ?
First let me sort it out with our friend FS, then I will discuss it with you, just hold for some time.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17492 Jul 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me sort it out with our friend FS, then I will discuss it with you, just hold for some time.
For one?

A True Profit of Godô would not molest little girls...

... and **certainly** not force-marry any.

That pretty much eliminates your Moohumud right there: he's a **false** profit.

Pity you.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17493 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you only need to explain it once, are you dodging the question ?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17494 Jul 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you only need to explain it once, are you dodging the question ?
No it would be like having two discussions on the same thread with two different persons, which I do not like, at least not when starting discussion.

Ask our friend to "hand over" the baton to you, so we can begin.

I want things to be done properly, slowly and step-by step.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17495 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it would be like having two discussions on the same thread with two different persons, which I do not like, at least not when starting discussion.
Speaking of dodging questions, why do you refuse to condemn your religion's treatment of little girls?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17496 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure okay MUQ, thats fine. It really doesen, matter to whom you give the answer. I am not looking to take over the batton, I just feel you were asked a fair and simple question and reiterated it. If you do not know the answer then admit it, otherwise it appears you are dodging, others will then apply their own interpretation. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA ON YOUR PART ?

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#17497 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK MUQ,I am handing over the baton to my friend spider.I hope he is not biased,confused or uses circular argument like me.I understood that honest MUQ will answer to only unbiased people. LOL!

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#17498 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not making any circular argument and most importantly you haven't even pointed out the fallacies in my post.All we hear is the same lame excuses from you.
What I want is an answer and of course a reasonable one.It doesn't matter whom you're speaking to;all you need to do is give a plausible response.
From your evasive behavior it is very clear that you're trying to put off this discussion by making lame excuses.I try my best not to give up.Give an answer.
How can you avoid the possibility of anyone becoming prophet using the criteria that you mentioned?Answer this question.
You can refer to my long post;take your time and show some honesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Uncle Sam 238,438
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Thinking 6,708
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Chimney1 18,887
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr spellmeout 14,657
News .com | What hope is there without God? 11 hr Amused 2
News Confessions of a black atheist 11 hr thetruth 478
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr thetruth 2,099
More from around the web