Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
16,521 - 16,540 of 21,406 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Guilty. I agree, I admit it. Psalm 38:7.
Ugh.
Sloth.
Too lazy to even cut and paste the quote.

But I persevered for two minutes and googled it to post it here. Now which translation were you implying?

New International Version (©2011)
My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body.

New Living Translation (©2007)
A raging fever burns within me, and my health is broken.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For my sides are filled with burning, and there is no soundness in my flesh.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For my loins are filled with burning, And there is no soundness in my flesh.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
For my loins are full of burning pain, and there is no health in my body.

International Standard Version (©2012)
My insides are burning and my body is unhealthy.

NET Bible (©2006)
For I am overcome with shame and my whole body is sick.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Because my ankles are filled with shaking and there is no peace for my flesh.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
My insides are filled with burning pain, and no healthy spot is left on my body.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
For my loins are filled with burning; And there is no soundness in my flesh.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For my loins are filled with illusions; and there is no health in my flesh.

Darby Bible Translation
For my loins are full of burning, and there is no soundness in my flesh.

English Revised Version
For my loins are filled with burning; and there is no soundness in my flesh.

Webster's Bible Translation
For my loins are filled with a lothsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

World English Bible
For my waist is filled with burning. There is no soundness in my flesh.

Young's Literal Translation
For my flanks have been full of drought, And soundness is not in my flesh.

If your loins are burning, you may have contracted an STD. See your priest/rabbi/imam and ask what animals you should burn to purify yourself...

Or see a doctor. S/He may be able to prescribe the proper medicine.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The scripture says repeatedly the Messiah is beautiful and "the fairest among women". Time will tell. My work will go before me.
So the Messiah is going to be Fabio or gay?

The gay messiah will not only tell you you look fat in your dress, but tell you which dress will impress!

Can't get more fair in opinion that that, right?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. I am not unaware of what is happening, but it is wrong that Islam is splitting apart as Christianity did.
The problem with Christianity was that it was not based on teachings of Jesus and its scriptures were not in the hands of people.
So the moment common people got the scriptures, they overthrew the "rule of clergy".
In Islam the situation is totally different. The Islamic scriptures are in the hand of common people since very beginning and there is no "office of Pope" for people to overthrow!!
In Islam there is no shortage in finding guidance, it is only for people to follow it.
So Islam will not fall apart like Christianity.
Allah is not sitting Idle, He is never Idle, He is managing affairs of the entire Universe and many more things.
Humans and their affairs constitute less than a Billionth of a Billionth of a Billionth part of this Universe.
What is the total worth of this entire earth compared to the Universe? Less than the value of a gnat's wing!!
So it was a very childish comment to make about Allah.
What do you think the Protestant Reformation by Martin Luther in 1517 was about?!?

That allowed the "people" to interpret the "holy scripture" for themselves. And you can see what has happened to Christianity over time. Christian wars of Protestant vs. Catholics that the US founding fathers were all too aware of and agreed to not have a national religion because their particular sect would not be elevated to prominence.

You can try to ignore it but Islam is going through the same problem.

Iraq
Egypt
Syria
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
Pakistan

In general, you can call them Islamic countries.

But when muslims are fighting against muslims, you are just seeing a repeat of the Catholic/Protestant wars in Europe from a few centuries ago.

Same stuff, Different Millennium.

And it will happen again when the next "prophet" comes around.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
snip but following up on what you posted.
I said:

"Meanwhile, God is bored to death. It ain't easy being omnipotent."

You say:
"Allah is not sitting Idle, He is never Idle, He is managing affairs of the entire Universe and many more things.
Humans and their affairs constitute less than a Billionth of a Billionth of a Billionth part of this Universe.
What is the total worth of this entire earth compared to the Universe? Less than the value of a gnat's wing!!
So it was a very childish comment to make about Allah."

Just trying to walk a tiny bit in Allah's footsteps to the best of my capacity. I'm only human.

However, your description of Allah sounds more like... a machine. a computer. Something that micromanages and constantly checks obsessively.

How ironic would it be if the "Man made in the -image- of God" was a tool to bring forth the actual child of God - a sentient computer.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!does this mean Christians and Jews are dumb?
How can I answer this question?

If people were not deaf and dumb, why there would be so many "conflicting and contradictory religions" in the world?

You started a topic and now you are backing off and raising all sorts of futile argument.

Make up your mind first and then contact me, if you want to go ahead.

Do not waste my or your' time if you are not serious.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If people were not deaf and dumb, why there would be so many "conflicting and contradictory religions" in the world?
You started a topic and now you are backing off and raising all sorts of futile argument.
After you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying to us about your imaginary cult might matter.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not answering my questions with a plausible answer .
I asked what are the criteria to be a prophet.You had mentioned some.
Then I asked if I could fit in the list of prophets you responded saying that door of prophecies had been closed 1400 years ago.
I asked if this is what Christians and Jews believe(a reasonable question since Islam is supposed to be a follow up to their religions)
You said you don't know.Given that you do not know I asked where did you get these criteria.And then I found it was from your common sense.
I am baffled why your "common sense" do not agree on the possibility of people like me becoming prophet ?
The "last prophet Muhammad" thing is mentioned only in Islam and it just couldn't be seen in any religion.Please reply if your common sense agrees with this criterion since I find everything in agreement with other religion except this and explain.You can assume every other religion is false except Islam.But do answer.
spider

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
So I must ask... what shaped your vision? An external source or your own thoughts working themselves out?
I ask because I, too, have had visions but not on your grand scale. They were more trivial as in trying to solve a problem I didn't immediately know the answer for.
I "back-brained" the problem and occasionally come up with a "Eureka!" moment.
But, maybe in my deadly sin of pride, I account that solution to my brain working out the problem instead of a divine miracle.
So, I guess I'm already destined for Hell. If I accept that is my fate, what else do you have to threaten me?
Interesting thoughts there GM.

Following your line of thought I came up with this. If a god did create us then he her or it is responsible for all we do. None of us can control our thoughts,,,we may on occasion be pleased with them and share with others, or we may be embarrased or shocked and keep them secret,,but we definatly cannot control them.
spider

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
So I must ask... what shaped your vision? An external source or your own thoughts working themselves out?
I ask because I, too, have had visions but not on your grand scale. They were more trivial as in trying to solve a problem I didn't immediately know the answer for.
I "back-brained" the problem and occasionally come up with a "Eureka!" moment.
But, maybe in my deadly sin of pride, I account that solution to my brain working out the problem instead of a divine miracle.
So, I guess I'm already destined for Hell. If I accept that is my fate, what else do you have to threaten me?
I forgot to say. As you are not responsible for your thoughts, then you can't be guilty of a sin, therefore you wont go to hell,,,so hell does not exit.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting thoughts there GM.
Following your line of thought I came up with this. If a god did create us then he her or it is responsible for all we do. None of us can control our thoughts,,,we may on occasion be pleased with them and share with others, or we may be embarrased or shocked and keep them secret,,but we definatly cannot control them.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to say. As you are not responsible for your thoughts, then you can't be guilty of a sin, therefore you wont go to hell,,,so hell does not exit.
Interesting.

Of course, it ignores the fabrication of a god who simply prefers the smell of roasting souls...

... over the adulation of sheep-like slave-worshipers.

Such a deity would engineer things so that most souls end up burning, and just enough to satisfy it's ego in "heaven".

;)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Common sense would say you should be able to prove Muhammad even existed.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>From Common Sense, to be exact.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Islam still uses the moon and stars emblem for their religion just as worshipers of Allah the moon god did centuries before the Muhammad myth was written.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>How can I answer this question?

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

GM wrote:
01. What do you think the Protestant Reformation by Martin Luther in 1517 was about?!?

That allowed the "people" to interpret the "holy scripture" for themselves. And you can see what has happened to Christianity over time. Christian wars of Protestant vs. Catholics that the US founding fathers were all too aware of and agreed to not have a national religion because their particular sect would not be elevated to prominence.

02. You can try to ignore it but Islam is going through the same problem.

Iraq
Egypt
Syria
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
Pakistan

In general, you can call them Islamic countries.

03. But when muslims are fighting against muslims, you are just seeing a repeat of the Catholic/Protestant wars in Europe from a few centuries ago.

Same stuff, Different Millennium.

And it will happen again when the next "prophet" comes around.
Ans.

01. Thanks for reminding about the protestant movement in 1517!!

It took Christianity 1500 years to “demand” the access to Scriptures, a thing which Muslims had since its very beginning!!

So in fact Protestant Movement was trying to “copy” what Muslims which was with them from very beginning.

But in reality the “Protestant movement” was only a protest against the power of Pope and what he had decreed.

It did not achieve much in improving Christianity as a religion. The “Real Protestant Movement” should have been to “Protest” against the innovation of St. Paul!!

Let us see, when some one rises in Christianity to “protest” against St. Paul and bring it closer to what Jesus preached.

02. No the infighting between Muslim countries is not because of any religious issues.

It is just from some people to get more rights than others and exploit others.

It has no similarity with Catholics / Protestants fights and differences.

In Islam there is no problems as to what are true teachings.

There is no need of new prophet or a reformer of the likes of St. Paul in Islam.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not answering my questions with a plausible answer .
I asked what are the criteria to be a prophet.You had mentioned some.
Then I asked if I could fit in the list of prophets you responded saying that door of prophecies had been closed 1400 years ago.
I asked if this is what Christians and Jews believe(a reasonable question since Islam is supposed to be a follow up to their religions)
You said you don't know.Given that you do not know I asked where did you get these criteria.And then I found it was from your common sense.
I am baffled why your "common sense" do not agree on the possibility of people like me becoming prophet ?
The "last prophet Muhammad" thing is mentioned only in Islam and it just couldn't be seen in any religion.Please reply if your common sense agrees with this criterion since I find everything in agreement with other religion except this and explain.You can assume every other religion is false except Islam.But do answer.
That is what I call a "circular argument".

Why Should I answer what are Jewish and Christian Criterion for a Prophet of God?

If you want to find out Jews and Christians and not me.

You do not have any info and you want me to do home work for you, why should I do it?

If you have some idea of what a true prophet of God should be, please present it on this thread.

I did not speak about Islam, or Quran or our prophet and you are creating "defensive walls" already?

That shows you are biased and have no idea of the subject and would not allow me to go ahead.

How can we have a discussion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Thanks for reminding about the protestant movement in 1517!!
It took Christianity 1500 years to “demand” the access to Scriptures, a thing which Muslims had since its very beginning!!
So in fact Protestant Movement was trying to “copy” what Muslims which was with them from very beginning.
But in reality the “Protestant movement” was only a protest against the power of Pope and what he had decreed.
It did not achieve much in improving Christianity as a religion. The “Real Protestant Movement” should have been to “Protest” against the innovation of St. Paul!!
Let us see, when some one rises in Christianity to “protest” against St. Paul and bring it closer to what Jesus preached.
02. No the infighting between Muslim countries is not because of any religious issues.
It is just from some people to get more rights than others and exploit others.
It has no similarity with Catholics / Protestants fights and differences.
In Islam there is no problems as to what are true teachings.
There is no need of new prophet or a reformer of the likes of St. Paul in Islam.
Your religion is so hated, you have to come to the atheist forum because no faith would have you.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>...No the infighting between Muslim countries is not because of any religious issues....
Muq is a good example delusional state of mind associated with religion...
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentat...
There are countless examples of Sunni/Shia violence. Pakistan saw widespread rioting in the 1980s over who has the 'correct' Islamic cult.

Fear of any criticism of 'the faith' is an obvious feature of all religious cults, as sectarian violence and the call for anti-blasphemy laws suggest. At some level, they know their cult is baseless. After all, there is no proof of any god(s) and superstitious Abrahamic cults promising their prophet was sent to Earth by a Creator have been discredited with all intelligent and educated people who aren't brain damaged by religion - the 'give me a boy under 7' effect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Muq is a good example delusional state of mind associated with religion...
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentat...
There are countless examples of Sunni/Shia violence. Pakistan saw widespread rioting in the 1980s over who has the 'correct' Islamic cult.
Fear of any criticism of 'the faith' is an obvious feature of all religious cults, as sectarian violence and the call for anti-blasphemy laws suggest. At some level, they know their cult is baseless. After all, there is no proof of any god(s) and superstitious Abrahamic cults promising their prophet was sent to Earth by a Creator have been discredited with all intelligent and educated people who aren't brain damaged by religion - the 'give me a boy under 7' effect.
It is a medical condition. Over the next few years we will see advances in the treatments for this type of psychological disorder.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I call a "circular argument".
Why Should I answer what are Jewish and Christian Criterion for a Prophet of God?
If you want to find out Jews and Christians and not me.
You do not have any info and you want me to do home work for you, why should I do it?
If you have some idea of what a true prophet of God should be, please present it on this thread.
I did not speak about Islam, or Quran or our prophet and you are creating "defensive walls" already?
That shows you are biased and have no idea of the subject and would not allow me to go ahead.
How can we have a discussion?
I am not biased.I am asking for the obvious clarification
What Muhammad did exactly?He declared himself as prophet and followed some of the tenets of Christianity and Judaism.
At the same time,he advocated that both Jewish and Christian scriptures had been corrupted albeit he approved the founder of both religions as prophet.
Why cannot I be a prophet if I do the same thing?
I would agree that Muhammad was true prophet and follow his footsteps.But I would deny the belief that he was a last prophet and claim myself as the one.I would call Quran is corrupted even though it was from a true prophet.I would accuse those ancient Arabs who orally transmitted Quranic message after his death of corrupting Quran.I would declare myself as the true last prophet and would try to convince people that Muhammad was not the last prophet;it was a big lie told by the early Muslims.
I would do the same thing what your prophet did.
Then why you would disbelieve me being if I do the aforesaid?
The criteria that you mentioned were very simple.Then why can't I be a prophet?
What irrefutable proof Islam has produced that Muhammad was indeed the last prophet?
Muslims accuse church of corruption of Bible.I would do the same and accuse Muslims who would orally spread Quranic message before Quran had took tangible form.Will you accept me as a prophet if I do that?
It is just that easy.That is why I ask if there was any hard criteria known before Islam that confirms all your claims and negates the possibility of anyone becoming prophet.
Understand me MUQ!
Don't blame me if you are incompetent to give plausible explanations.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read anything so wrong in my life.
http://www.evilbible.com/

Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street. The first one says "I've never come this way before"; the second one replies "Must be the cobbles"

There's "outrageous" music too...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.evilbible.com/
Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street. The first one says "I've never come this way before"; the second one replies "Must be the cobbles"
There's "outrageous" music too...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
Brilliant!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 6 min CunningLinguist 70,961
Our world came from nothing? 22 min Reason Personified 255
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min New Age Spiritual Leader 224,562
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 50 min Buck Crick 26
Introducing The Universal Religion 2 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr Patrick 397
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Electrical Engineer 842
•••
•••