Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17404 Jul 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear brother, I will not quote any thing from Quran at all.
These are very basic things which most people already know. And using these criterion we can judge who is a true prophet of God and who is not.
But you will have to be patient and listen to each item slowly and give your comments.
If you get these things properly understood, your job will become very easy.
How odd.

You had no problem quoting the Qu'ran before.

And when you've been asked to teach, you now fall back on "everyone knows" excuse?

Are you losing your patience with us infidels? After all, you carry the true word. And that should have been enough to convince everyone.

So why hasn't it?

But I can already guess the excuse. Satan.

Not nearly as powerful as Allah but can check Her divine plans pretty easily. Just as Allah planned.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17405 Jul 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, hell was made for Satan, for the enemies of God and for the wicked.
And infants who don't survive long enough to be baptized or be "born again."

But never fear - the Mormons will baptize all those wicked babies and deliver them from the clutches of Satan.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17407 Jul 1, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems very important to you to prosletyze your gutless religion of atheism.
I don't give a rat's behind if you change or not-- you are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

You are just another hate-filled bigoted little shyt.

Hint: atheism is simply non-belief. It's not a religion. Religion requires shitforbrains DOGMA. Such as the hate-shyt YOU sling.

What else? You actually think everyone deserves...

... torture.

What a horrid little beast you are.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17408 Jul 1, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it is, you atheists talk about it more than us Christians. That's because you are worried you are wrong.
No-- because we are worried that shitforbrain like YOU will get a gun, and start shooting people you hate.

And you've shown you pretty much hate **everyone**, so....

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#17409 Jul 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>In heaven, all of our diseases and imperfections will be corrected. There is no pain or suffering in heaven. In your death experience, nothing happened because your death was instant and your spirit was snuffed out without going to hell. That is one of Gods' options.
Bullshit! like Zombie is possible. Ha!

Chow down on a Bit o'Christ cracker, and suck up a dram or two of his blood, and you loons actually believe your cannibalistic, vampirish selves are going to resurrect as heaven bound zombies, following old Zombie Christ into Jewish heaven.

Uh-huh .... as if.

My death was not instant, it was drawn out and I knew it was coming, it seems it was like half an hour or so.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#17410 Jul 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The after life is exactly as real as all the before-life that everyone has not experienced.
I was not bothered in the least, during the approximately 13 billion years before I was born.
I will not be bothered for the time after I die.
In-between? I'm alive, and glad of it, too.
:)
And now this:(Universe song) " http://youtu.be/JWVshkVF0SY" ;
That is exactly how I explained it to the Badger, he has fear of death, and I want him to respect that life can be cut short, but as long as you have it, live it. After he began to understand that before he was born, he had no fears, no bad things were happening, there was just nothing there, he is not so worried anymore.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17411 Jul 2, 2013
GM wrote:
Then perhaps you might explain why this wiki page even exists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools ...

If I had to guess, they are all True Muslims(tm). Once your enemies are vanquished, then you can go about the business of a religious civil war to settle what true Islam(tm) really is.

Now where else have I seen this in history? Oh yeah, Christians.

Let's try it again!
This time it's sure to work out better!
If not, well, there's bound to be another "prophet" and we can try it all over again!
and again.
and again.
and once more for old time's sake.

SSDD.
Ans.

You should ask this question from Wikipedia people and not me.

I do not go to Wkipedia pages to learn about Islam.

Who is true Muslim is only known to Allah and not any humans.

In Islam one is not encouraged to make their sect and denomination and isolate them from other Muslims.

It is OK to have your own circle, but you should not make that any basis to cut you off. Having a group and having a sect are two different things.

Then fighting with each other and killing each other is one of the biggest crimes in Islam, if these so called sects are engaged in killing each other, how can you say that they are True Muslims?

It was indeed a great mercy from God that He sent the last prophet and closed the door of prophethood for ever.

There would be reformers and people who revive religion, but no prophets.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17412 Jul 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
How odd.
You had no problem quoting the Qu'ran before.
And when you've been asked to teach, you now fall back on "everyone knows" excuse?
Are you losing your patience with us infidels? After all, you carry the true word. And that should have been enough to convince everyone.
So why hasn't it?
But I can already guess the excuse. Satan.
Not nearly as powerful as Allah but can check Her divine plans pretty easily. Just as Allah planned.
It is not odd at all. Things vary with different types of people and what type of discussions we are going to have.

You should have checked the context, before jumping into the discussions.

I think it is by using such type of techniques that you "prove" your case against Islam.

Since: Mar 12

India

#17413 Jul 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think first you should ask Christians what is their criterion of a prophet of God is.
You discuss with them, find out their ways, then do with Jews and other religious people and then you should talk with me.
Because Islam is the youngest of all major world religions, so the elders have preference.
You look too much confused, asking me to answer for Christians and for Jews.
You should know it MUQ.Thr question is not just about what Jews and Christians think about prophecies.It is also about how Islam validated itself in the eyes of the Muslims.You are a believing Muslim.Yet you do not know how Islam had verified itself as a true religion.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17414 Jul 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You should ask this question from Wikipedia people and not me.
I do not go to Wkipedia pages to learn about Islam.
Who is true Muslim is only known to Allah and not any humans.
In Islam one is not encouraged to make their sect and denomination and isolate them from other Muslims.
It is OK to have your own circle, but you should not make that any basis to cut you off. Having a group and having a sect are two different things.
Then fighting with each other and killing each other is one of the biggest crimes in Islam, if these so called sects are engaged in killing each other, how can you say that they are True Muslims?
It was indeed a great mercy from God that He sent the last prophet and closed the door of prophethood for ever.
There would be reformers and people who revive religion, but no prophets.
Who will be sent to reopen the gate for a new "prophet"? If not, why not? Are Ahmadiyas muslim? OH! MUQ!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17415 Jul 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated a portion of it here:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
And here:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
As a matter of fact the whole page, http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... , details some of your theology and doctrine.
I've no doubt there are other aspects of your doctrine and theology on other pages too.
You even say this: susanblange wrote: "All of my theology comes from the OT which I believe to be the word of the living God."
You then go on to state that it isn't Judaism, and that you draw from other religions, too, which is somewhat of a contradiction, since you stated: "All of my theology comes from the OT".
So your theology comes from the OT, and you've made up a doctrine that you like. A salad bar doctrine, drawn form other doctrines and OT theology.
So, you have a doctrine that is chaotic, and a theology that isn't plausible.
hmmm...
You're a theist with an belief set that isn't plausible, like I said, but in different words.
Unless you like to clarify.
I believe some things that are outside of the OT as long as they do not contradict it. For example I believe in karma and reincarnation. I know of 5 people that have been reincarnated. There is some truth in all religions and that is what I practice. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground and it practiced and prospered"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17416 Jul 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And infants who don't survive long enough to be baptized or be "born again."
But never fear - the Mormons will baptize all those wicked babies and deliver them from the clutches of Satan.
I am not a Christian and do not believe being baptized guarantees you a place in heaven. There is a lot more to salvation than belief and ritual. It's our actions that determine our reward or punishment.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17418 Jul 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I believe some things that are outside of the OT as long as they do not contradict it. For example I believe in karma and reincarnation. I know of 5 people that have been reincarnated. There is some truth in all religions and that is what I practice. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground and it practiced and prospered"
Your opinions will matter after you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying about.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17419 Jul 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions will matter after you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying about.
God will be proven when VWD Day comes, the first Day of the Lord. Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The final proof will be the resurrection, the third Day of the Lord but by then it will be too late.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17420 Jul 2, 2013
Just go to the free clinic already freak.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God will be proven when VWD Day comes, the first Day of the Lord. Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The final proof will be the resurrection, the third Day of the Lord but by then it will be too late.

Since: Nov 12

Presto, PA

#17421 Jul 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God will be proven when VWD Day comes, the first Day of the Lord. Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The final proof will be the resurrection, the third Day of the Lord but by then it will be too late.
Do you see though that you are still picking and choosing .... Just like everyone else. And you fell you got it right...... Just like everyone else...... And you have only "faith" to back it up...... Which is just as valid as anyone else who uses faith.

We are not faith users. We know why "supernatural" claims are called supernatural.

Since: Nov 12

Presto, PA

#17422 Jul 2, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see though that you are still picking and choosing .... Just like everyone else. And you fell you got it right...... Just like everyone else...... And you have only "faith" to back it up...... Which is just as valid as anyone else who uses faith.
We are not faith users. We know why "supernatural" claims are called supernatural.
My response sounded really pisssy.... I didn't mean to sound so arrogant. I apologize.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17423 Jul 2, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
My response sounded really pisssy.... I didn't mean to sound so arrogant. I apologize.
That's OK, EA. The OT is like a jigsaw puzzle and it all fits together and forms a big picture. Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, here a little and there a little". I have more than faith, the God of Israel has been proven to me, that's why I believe. Psalm 116:10 "I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted".

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#17424 Jul 2, 2013
Hey, susan. How are you tonight?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17425 Jul 2, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Hey, susan. How are you tonight?
OK. I'm not sleeping again, how are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 8 min Dogen 2,578
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Science 83,240
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu Dan78iel 3,989
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web