Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Cambridge, UK

#17361 Jun 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.
Untill the first assertion of the existence of a god, any god, there would have been no atheists, no need for them, all there was were a bunch of people trying to figure out the meaniung of life and what it is all about. therefore the burden for proof of existence lays with those making the claim that a goed exists.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17362 Jun 30, 2013
Dammit,,,meaning. dammit again,,,god.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17363 Jun 30, 2013
Exactly and without a shred of proof or a god the only reason to believe is delusion.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>Untill the first assertion of the existence of a god, any god, there would have been no atheists, no need for them, all there was were a bunch of people trying to figure out the meaniung of life and what it is all about. therefore the burden for proof of existence lays with those making the claim that a goed exists.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17364 Jun 30, 2013
FS wrote:
Since Christians always believed in God they wouldn't have thought of taking risk by denying Muhammad as prophet unless there had been any obvious thought differences ;Muhammad had clearly warned that his unbelievers would be roasted in hell .It is quite contrary to say that something you believe in but yet you don't believe in it.

There must be some different necessary criteria set by Christians to filter out the real prophets from the rest . Since you have honestly admitted that you do not know what the reason behind the Christians' disagreements with Muslims I won't ask you about them anymore.
Ans.

Well in that case you should first discuss it with Christians and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists first….

And when you have got all their information about what are qualities of a True Prophet of God are…

Then you should come and discuss that list with me.

From your attitude it appears to me that you are just moving around in circles and confusing yourself and trying to confuse me also.

How could I answer questions on behalf of Christians or Jews?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17365 Jun 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Well in that case you should first discuss it with Christians and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists first….
And when you have got all their information about what are qualities of a True Prophet of God are…
From your attitude it appears to me that you are just moving around in circles and confusing yourself and trying to confuse me also.
And still no condemnation from our spineless godbot of his religion's inhuman treatment of little girls.

I know you have seen my repeated posts, all you have done is show what a gutless coward you are.

But that is to be expected seeing how you religion preys on the young and innocent.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17366 Jul 1, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
Atheist are people who hate and complain about Christians. While Christians are out building homes for people, helping with disasters and feeding the poor
Atheists are doing all of the above but we are doing them out of the love in our hearts, not because we fear some inferno.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17367 Jul 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Kind of slipped up there MUQ.
If you haven't studied the pro's and cons of alternative religions, then you haven't made a balanced inteligent unbiased or considered opinion. Your post all but states that you have been brainwashed,,,can you not see that.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17368 Jul 1, 2013
By the way MUQ,,I have read out of curiosity three versions of religious beliefs, yours included,I became bored with them when I noticed the simaralarities bewtween the tomes.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17370 Jul 1, 2013
Of course he can't. Those subhuman animals think wiping with toilet paper is a sin! You wipe with a wet hand as the prophet commanded.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of slipped up there MUQ.
If you haven't studied the pro's and cons of alternative religions, then you haven't made a balanced inteligent unbiased or considered opinion. Your post all but states that you have been brainwashed,,,can you not see that.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17371 Jul 1, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are doing all of the above but we are doing them out of the love in our hearts, not because we fear some inferno.
Very true,,,but if it requires the threat of an eternal inferno to encourage some folks to be good and show false love, then that may be better than them displaying their true nature, as some often do on threads such as this, then they run to their god and beg forgivness, wow, Bobs your uncle, all is forgiven.

A good atheist has his concience and does not require a crutch.

I do however know one or two good people with faith who over time have proved themselves to be good,,we get on just fine.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17372 Jul 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Of course he can't. Those subhuman animals think wiping with toilet paper is a sin! You wipe with a wet hand as the prophet commanded.
<quoted text>
That isn't strictly true in my expierience, I know a few who bend the rules a little in a number of ways,,,including enjoying a cold beer with me.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17373 Jul 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
TEST for a non-prophethood: Any "prophet" who did not tell us about now proven fact of the Evolution of the Specis. OH!MUQ!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17374 Jul 1, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
People with Alzheimer's, and people with traumatic brain injuries, have already lost much of their identities.
There is no heaven, there is no hell, either concept is simply ludicrous. Somebody is jerking you around, to see who just look to your wallet.
I actually died, and there was nothing there beyond that last breath and heartbeat. Nothing, LOL! You were sleeping and dreaming, that's proof of life, not proof of an after-life.
In heaven, all of our diseases and imperfections will be corrected. There is no pain or suffering in heaven. In your death experience, nothing happened because your death was instant and your spirit was snuffed out without going to hell. That is one of Gods' options.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17375 Jul 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.
The burden of proof lies upon the creationist idiots that choose to lie about god being real, when they have no proof.

They know this and so they troll, don't they lincoln. If your god was all powerful, he wouldn't need idiots like you to try to propogandise your creationist cult on topix would it lincoln.

I know this frustrates you deeply, that you cannot get your cult's stupid meessage out on this forum.

Take it like a man, you will be banned soon.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17376 Jul 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>In heaven, all of our diseases and imperfections will be corrected. There is no pain or suffering in heaven. In your death experience, nothing happened because your death was instant and your spirit was snuffed out without going to hell. That is one of Gods' options.
heaven and god are part of your personal mental illness and don't affect atheists (or yourself) in any way.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17377 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
heaven and god are part of your personal mental illness and don't affect atheists (or yourself) in any way.
We'll all die, so we'll all find out!
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17378 Jul 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>In heaven, all of our diseases and imperfections will be corrected. There is no pain or suffering in heaven. In your death experience, nothing happened because your death was instant and your spirit was snuffed out without going to hell. That is one of Gods' options.
How do you know.

If as you say his spirit was snuffed out,,then there was nothing left to go anywhere,,which is precisely what he said.
Your not making a lot of sence Susan.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17379 Jul 1, 2013
Another sickening story from Syrian animals. Syrian Catholic priest beheaded by jihadist fighters in front of cheering crowd
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23522...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17380 Jul 1, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know.
If as you say his spirit was snuffed out,,then there was nothing left to go anywhere,,which is precisely what he said.
Your not making a lot of sence Susan.
There are three levels of heaven and hell. Death can be instant, you can spend time in hell or, as in the case of Satan, you can rot forever in hell. Evidently, his death was instant. He didn't deserve the terrors of hell but also didn't qualify to even be the lowest ranking angel. He's also been given a second chance.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#17381 Jul 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You cannot answer on their behalf but I thought at least you could figure out what must have caused Christians to differ from Muslims given that both Christians and Muslims have mostly same religious opinions.
Since both religions have many common prophets I find Christians rejection of Muhammad(or Muslims' reverence of him) ironic.
One thing you should know MUQ. There must have been some criteria known to people of book before the Muhammad's declaration of prophet.Sadly,you do not know.You are rather pointing out criteria mentioned within Islam without comparing them with the ones that have been know prior its arrival.
How did you validate Muhammad's claims?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Dogen 85,627
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 33 min dollarsbill 4,983
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 11 hr emperorjohn 112
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web