Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#17341 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The senses are a product of the mind, which can exist outside of the brain. The spirit includes the mind and consciousness. By "rotting" I just mean death and terror.
No it doesn't and why would you care that a wispy little nothingness would have to pretend that it was in pain? LOL!

First of all, it doesn't exist, and if it did, it would have to retain some fleshy aspects to be capable of being punished. Fleshy bits are dead, it is all dead.

And while you wait for your after death reward, those thumpers of the holy books, have thier rewards now. You are handing over your bit to god, now aren't you. He needs money, lot's and lot's of lovely, lovely money.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17342 Jun 30, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
Atheist are people who hate and complain about Christians.
YOu're a liar - in your own bible it says to regard atheists as fools. This is your judgmental so called higher morals. Take some responsibility for your stupid beliefs, or correct your books.
BiggBBoss wrote:
While Christians are out building homes for people, helping with disasters and feeding the poor the atheists are sitting at home stewing in hatred of Christians and plotting how to outlaw Christianity in America.
Bills Gates - Atheists and largest philanthropist in the world. You're just another theists liar with no proof of god and no morals.

You have to lie about atheists to spread your hate cult. Atheists are more honest that you liars with no proof of god.
LCN Llin

United States

#17343 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu're a liar - in your own bible it says to regard atheists as fools. This is your judgmental so called higher morals. Take some responsibility for your stupid beliefs, or correct your books.
<quoted text>
Bills Gates - Atheists and largest philanthropist in the world. You're just another theists liar with no proof of god and no morals.
You have to lie about atheists to spread your hate cult. Atheists are more honest that you liars with no proof of god.
Critical posting on topix generally refers to reading in a scholarly context, with an eye toward identifying a text or author's viewpoints, arguments, evidence, potential biases, and conclusions. Critical reading means evaluating what you have read using your knowledge as a scholar. You may look at the quality of the writing, the quality of the research, and the persuasiveness of the arguments, among other things. Critical reading is an active process by which a scholar rigorously and systematically questions the literature with the goal of assessing credibility and validity.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17344 Jun 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't and why would you care that a wispy little nothingness would have to pretend that it was in pain? LOL!
First of all, it doesn't exist, and if it did, it would have to retain some fleshy aspects to be capable of being punished. Fleshy bits are dead, it is all dead.
And while you wait for your after death reward, those thumpers of the holy books, have thier rewards now. You are handing over your bit to god, now aren't you. He needs money, lot's and lot's of lovely, lovely money.
It's the christians that are in it for the money. "...they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter...and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant". Isaiah 56:11-12.

Location hidden

#17345 Jun 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical posting on topix generally refers to reading in a scholarly context, with an eye toward identifying a text or author's viewpoints, arguments, evidence, potential biases, and conclusions. Critical reading means evaluating what you have read using your knowledge as a scholar. You may look at the quality of the writing, the quality of the research, and the persuasiveness of the arguments, among other things. Critical reading is an active process by which a scholar rigorously and systematically questions the literature with the goal of assessing credibility and validity.
Its funny when creationist trolls try to sound intelligent.

Location hidden

#17346 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's the christians that are in it for the money. "...they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter...and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant". Isaiah 56:11-12.
Coward with no proof of god, lying online to complete strangers and converting nobody.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17347 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I went to heaven in a vision of my own death. You're right, when we die all of our thoughts (memories) perish. We start over with a clean slate. The mind or consciousness exists outside of the brain. We never lose our identity.
Serious question Susan,,,, do you take ilegal drugs or are you on some form of medicaqtion ??????????
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17348 Jun 30, 2013
Opps that should read medication.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17349 Jun 30, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
Atheist are people who hate and complain about Christians. While Christians are out building homes for people, helping with disasters and feeding the poor the atheists are sitting at home stewing in hatred of Christians and plotting how to outlaw Christianity in America.
I can't speak for America,,,but here you would find a lot of Christians can be biggoted hypocrites with a touch of racism thrown in. I know plenty of atheists who would give you the shirt of their back, if you were in need.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17350 Jun 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't and why would you care that a wispy little nothingness would have to pretend that it was in pain? LOL!
Yeah,,,money = power, that's what it's all about,,,THE POWER.1
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17351 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward with no proof of god, lying online to complete strangers and converting nobody.
If I'm lying, then I'm not the Messiah. Isaiah 53:9 "...neither was any deceit in his mouth". When VWD Day comes, I will have plenty of converts. Isaiah 54:1-3 "...For you shall break forth on the right hand and on the left..."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17352 Jun 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious question Susan,,,, do you take ilegal drugs or are you on some form of medicaqtion ??????????
Obviously. According to the bible, I am mental. Psalm 38:7. But I don't take illegal drugs, I'm on a natural high. Maybe that's why I'm called the "most High".

Location hidden

#17353 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm lying, then I'm not the Messiah. Isaiah 53:9 "...neither was any deceit in his mouth". When VWD Day comes, I will have plenty of converts. Isaiah 54:1-3 "...For you shall break forth on the right hand and on the left..."
You're a simple coward with no proof of god, who hasn't realised that the rest of the world does not live in your little fantasy fairytale..

Location hidden

#17354 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm lying, then I'm not the Messiah. Isaiah 53:9 "...neither was any deceit in his mouth". When VWD Day comes, I will have plenty of converts. Isaiah 54:1-3 "...For you shall break forth on the right hand and on the left..."
Whenever we ask you creationists for proof of god, you threaten us with "Judgement Day" or "Hell".

I think you know that you are liars and this Judgement Day is just another attempt to lie your way out of the problem of having absolutely no evidence to back up your sh*tty little made up story.

Location hidden

#17355 Jun 30, 2013
Instead of threatening us with hell, why can't you prove your god?

What is the matter with you minds? are you really that retarded?
LCN Llin

United States

#17356 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a simple coward with no proof of god, who hasn't realised that the rest of the world does not live in your little fantasy fairytale..
The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17357 Jun 30, 2013
Take your medicine freak.
susanblange wrote:
LCN Llin

United States

#17358 Jun 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Take your medicine freak.
<quoted text>
Take your medicine, freak.

Use a comma to separate the elements in a series (three or more things), including the last two. "He hit the ball, dropped the bat, and ran to first base." You may have learned that the comma before the "and" is unnecessary, which is fine if you're in control of things.

However, there are situations in which, if you don't use this comma (especially when the list is complex or lengthy), these last two items in the list will try to glom together (like macaroni and cheese).

Earth,TX

#17359 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's the christians that are in it for the money. "...they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter...and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant". Isaiah 56:11-12.
Topic Updated
Atheism Gitmo Prison Guard Converts... 9 min remove
Atheism Atheism to Defeat Religion ... 13 min remove
Atheism Why Atheism Will Replace Re... 25 min remove
Atheism Atheism and cowardice
It is the spell casters and thumpers who are in it for the money (and power), gods don't exist. But the people who laud the gods as real need to keep pulling in the green, or else they might have to actually work for a living.

Earth,TX

#17360 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I went to heaven in a vision of my own death. You're right, when we die all of our thoughts (memories) perish. We start over with a clean slate. The mind or consciousness exists outside of the brain. We never lose our identity.
People with Alzheimer's, and people with traumatic brain injuries, have already lost much of their identities.

There is no heaven, there is no hell, either concept is simply ludicrous. Somebody is jerking you around, to see who just look to your wallet.

I actually died, and there was nothing there beyond that last breath and heartbeat. Nothing, LOL! You were sleeping and dreaming, that's proof of life, not proof of an after-life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I quit atheism 3 min Eagle 12 664
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 27 min Patrick 53
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min Patrick 18,431
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min Into The Night 43,070
There is no meaning without God (Jul '15) 1 hr Thinking 44
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,107
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 791
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr Eagle 12 735
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Eagle 12 5,662
More from around the web