Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17320 Jun 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Osama Bin Laden?
Does he deserve eternal punishment?
When would you sign for his pardon papers?
Still no word from you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17321 Jun 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Osama Bin Laden?
What about him? He's dead.
MUQ wrote:
Does he deserve eternal punishment?
When would you sign for his pardon papers?
No. Yes-- after a suitable time in jail.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17322 Jun 30, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to Hell.
Yawn, boring.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17323 Jun 30, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> While you are criticizing Muslim men, please also criticize all the American men in the military and in civilian life who are rapists and stalkers, and haters of women and abusers of children, etc. The battle of civilizations so called should be a battle against the disgusting elements in each culture.
I made that post in response to Givemeliberty's post regarding cafeteria religion.
And yes I do criticize the behavior that you have mentioned.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17324 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is not torture but it is terror. Satan (the Messiahs' father) is responsible for the "crucifixion" and there's no end to his abuse. That is the main reason his punishment will last forever. He has been trying to kill the Messiah ever since and takes great pleasure in human suffering. He is a sexual sadist.
You says all this stuff. When we ask you for proof, you say its all metaphors.

But reality is not a metaphor, its real and affects real people. You take no responsbility for what you are saying and are completely brainwashed according to your cult.

It is no wonder you that believe in god, nobody in the real world can save you from yourself.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17325 Jun 30, 2013
Muhammad raped children. Is that criteria to be a prophet? Yes we know you will run in fear from this fact.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot answer that, but since prophets were coming to different nations, they must have used these criterion to find out who is a true prophet of God and who is not.

In reality the test is so simple that it becomes a very simple task to find out who is a true prophet of God and who is not.

People usually reject the prophets after knowing fully well inside their hearts that he is a prophet of God.

Are you ready?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17326 Jun 30, 2013
Correct, they steal from those before them and add their own little tweaks and touches. Nothin original in any of them.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It's all just a re-hashed shytstorm of ugly myths.

That's all that any religion is, after all-- not a damn thing new about the whole lot.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17327 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, hell was made for Satan, for the enemies of God and for the wicked.
Really ? Made by who ?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17328 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I've never been to hell, but I have been to Heaven. Satan is just a name for the most wicked being who possesses the most power, control and influence. He is Adam.
BUT I HAE BEEN TO HEAVEN.

Really,,,,,when, why, more importantly why in your opinion did they reject you and send you back.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17329 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Neither heaven or hell are ever full. There is always room for one more.
Do you have any evidence to substantiate your claim.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17330 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The senses are a product of the mind, which can exist outside of the brain. The spirit includes the mind and consciousness. By "rotting" I just mean death and terror.
The senses are physical and exist in the organic matter of our bodies only,,,there are some people who may loose one or the other due to an injury, other senses will then increase and try to fill the gap.

Consciousness, the mind, the behaviour of electrical charges within the old grey matter,,,when that grey matter ceases to function and then rots, those little electric charges cease to function.

Terror is of the mind, it ceases when the mind dies.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17331 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The moral compass is derived from the 10 commandments. By "breath" I mean spirit and the energy that inhabits our bodies. It changes form when we die and exits our bodies. When we die, we lose weight and heat, both of these are associated with energy.
You seem to have avoided some points and questions.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17332 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is not torture but it is terror. Satan (the Messiahs' father) is responsible for the "crucifixion" and there's no end to his abuse. That is the main reason his punishment will last forever. He has been trying to kill the Messiah ever since and takes great pleasure in human suffering. He is a sexual sadist.

The bible states that man, or men, placed christ on a cross that they constructed ( as was common and accepted practice at the time for criminals and those that challenged the authority of the time etc).
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17333 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You says all this stuff. When we ask you for proof, you say its all metaphors.
But reality is not a metaphor, its real and affects real people. You take no responsbility for what you are saying and are completely brainwashed according to your cult.
It is no wonder you that believe in god, nobody in the real world can save you from yourself.
When the Messiah comes, Satan will have a trial and there will be witnesses. Psalm 22:30-31. "A seed shall serve him, it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born that he has done this". Satans' punishment will to be tortured and executed with a sword. "In that day the Lord, with his sore and great and strong sword, shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent, and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea".
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17334 Jun 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT I HAE BEEN TO HEAVEN.
Really,,,,,when, why, more importantly why in your opinion did they reject you and send you back.
I went to heaven in a vision of my own death. You're right, when we die all of our thoughts (memories) perish. We start over with a clean slate. The mind or consciousness exists outside of the brain. We never lose our identity.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17335 Jun 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible states that man, or men, placed christ on a cross that they constructed ( as was common and accepted practice at the time for criminals and those that challenged the authority of the time etc).
This prophecy has nothing to do with a crucifixion. I call it that for lack of a better appellation. It was a senseless act of neglect and torture almost 44 years ago. I will prove it happened by witnesses. If it had happened today instead of 1969, Satan and his wife wouldn't have gotten away with it. This prophecy was completely and literally fulfilled.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17336 Jun 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When the Messiah comes, Satan will have a trial and there will be witnesses. Psalm 22:30-31. "A seed shall serve him, it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born that he has done this". Satans' punishment will to be tortured and executed with a sword. "In that day the Lord, with his sore and great and strong sword, shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent, and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea".
You're a brainwashed coward with no proof of god, who can't face up to reality.

Mumbai, India

#17338 Jun 30, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> a very nice definition of hell is separation from - distance from - lack of contact with - God. For us agnostics and atheists, and others who dislike the God of the Bible and most religions, such a hell would be a nicer place than a place near to a nasty God would be.
We would also appreciate being separated from the nasty believers in a nasty god, and from the stupid ones.
We might regret separation from the really nice but dumb ones, who were ethical in many cases, except for believing in a notnice God.
Agreed!Their belief in religion has given the world violence in the form of terrorism.
Nasty god with nasty inhuman intentions!Really hate it.

Since: Jun 13

Carthage, TN

#17339 Jun 30, 2013
Atheist are people who hate and complain about Christians. While Christians are out building homes for people, helping with disasters and feeding the poor the atheists are sitting at home stewing in hatred of Christians and plotting how to outlaw Christianity in America.

Mumbai, India

#17340 Jun 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot answer that, but since prophets were coming to different nations, they must have used these criterion to find out who is a true prophet of God and who is not.
In reality the test is so simple that it becomes a very simple task to find out who is a true prophet of God and who is not.
People usually reject the prophets after knowing fully well inside their hearts that he is a prophet of God.
Are you ready?
Since Christians always believed in God they wouldn't have thought of taking risk by denying Muhammad as prophet unless there had been any obvious thought differences ;Muhammad had clearly warned that his unbelievers would be roasted in hell .It is quite contrary to say that something you believe in but yet you don't believe in it.There must be some different necessary criteria set by Christians to filter out the real prophets from the rest .
Since you have honestly admitted that you do not know what the reason behind the Christians' disagreements with Muslims I won't ask you about them anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking for God 6 min Jaimie 560
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min scientia potentia... 11,560
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr superwilly 50,962
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 254,933
Religion Down Suicide Up 3 hr nanoanomaly 80
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 3 hr Uncle Sam 358
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr MIDutch 29,506
More from around the web