Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 818)

Showing posts 16,341 - 16,360 of20,807
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your own writing: You're telling us that we will be tortured forever.
Who's the evil one again?
Give up the lies and try to be honest for once in your life you mindless creationist robot.
I wouldn't describe hell as torture but it is terror. It is solitary confinement, darkness and freezing cold. Nobody rots forever in hell except Satan. If you go there, eventually your spirit (breath) will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist. Only the wicked go to hell, right now it doesn't matter what you believe about God.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're evil and you embrace wickedness. You will perish and be tortured in Hell forever and there is nothing you can do about that once you are there. The delicious irony is that you mock now, but will suffer forever.
Tell me,,,are you one of those folks that run around trying to frighten the life out of little kids and those of limited mental capacity.
Don't bother replying, I know the answer, tis merely an attempt to get you to step back and look in the mirror.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't describe hell as torture but it is terror. It is solitary confinement, darkness and freezing cold. Nobody rots forever in hell except Satan. If you go there, eventually your spirit (breath) will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist. Only the wicked go to hell, right now it doesn't matter what you believe about God.
Hhow do you know ?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hhow do you know ?
I just know. This I did make up. It just offers an explanation to the existence of heaven and hell.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't describe hell as torture but it is terror. It is solitary confinement, darkness and freezing cold. Nobody rots forever in hell except Satan. If you go there, eventually your spirit (breath) will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist. Only the wicked go to hell, right now it doesn't matter what you believe about God.
You're just making it up - you've never been there yourself, you don't know where it is or how to get to it.

There's no such thing as satan - its all in your head and only in your head.

Thankfully atheists don't fill their minds with such immature garbage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I just know. This I did make up. It just offers an explanation to the existence of heaven and hell.
You don't take responsiblity for the harm that your beliefs cause.

Also its not polite to tell people that they are going to hell.

You also need to correct your book because atheists are not fools.

We show you to be liars every every single day of the week.

When you want to grow up and start telling the truth, we are all ears.

We're not afraid of your imagination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hhow do you know ?
susanblange "knows" because they suffers from the mental illness of faith.

One of the symptoms of the mental illness of faith is "just knowing" and denying reality and evading proof when asked.

This is the diushonesty that the mental illness of faith causes.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
susanblange "knows" because they suffers from the mental illness of faith.
One of the symptoms of the mental illness of faith is "just knowing" and denying reality and evading proof when asked.
This is the diushonesty that the mental illness of faith causes.
Writers should write objectively and inclusively to receive respect and trust from readers, as well as to avoid alienating readers. To be objective means to write with curiosity, rather than having a preset opinion, and to engage with research, rather than presenting a personal preference.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

I would describe it as a stolen myth from the Hellenistic religion but hey I go on facts.
susanblange wrote:

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
So,hell is reserved just for wicked?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Writers should write objectively and inclusively to receive respect and trust from readers, as well as to avoid alienating readers. To be objective means to write with curiosity, rather than having a preset opinion, and to engage with research, rather than presenting a personal preference.
When you C&P please include the citation.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>So,hell is reserved just for wicked?
Well now we know where all the godbots are going.
spider

Chatteris, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I just know. This I did make up. It just offers an explanation to the existence of heaven and hell.
According to your belief, which of the two supposed final destinations has the greater amount of space for newcomers, Hell or Heaven ?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
Sounds good, now explain why dead people would pretend to feel anything at all. Without a living carcass, there be no ability to feel a thing.

Nobody can rot forever, it is a process where rot only occurs as long as there is organic material which can rot. And believe it or not, breath being snuffed out, is dead, it doesn't continue to be snuffed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist troll Lincoln pipes up with his regular dish of word salad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to Hell.
In your imagination.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

And he has been kindly warned about that several times.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>When you C&P please include the citation.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
In your imagination.
Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidenceó essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
And he has been kindly warned about that several times.
<quoted text>
LOL
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I would describe it as a stolen myth from the Hellenistic religion but hey I go on facts.
<quoted text>
LOL
Our resident authority seems oblivious to the fact that essays or other course writing assignments, journal entries should still construct a coherent narrative, use complete sentences, be grammatically correct, and be scholarly in tone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,341 - 16,360 of20,807
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••