Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17236 Jun 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ready to discuss this subject with me? Slowly and one step at a time?
Are you ready to stop being a coward and prove the god you're lying about?

Seriously you've had thousands of years...the lies are wearing thin...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17237 Jun 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Naturally :) most Christians as well. Churches and even mosques are losing attendance on droves in the US.
<quoted text>
A positive thing.

Once the financial base is removed? The entrenched power-structures will fall.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17238 Jun 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear brother, I will not quote any thing from Quran at all.
These are very basic things which most people already know. And using these criterion we can judge who is a true prophet of God and who is not.
And neither you, nor your pedophile moohumund qualify.

A child-raper like moohumund is simply not moral enough.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17239 Jun 28, 2013
Why could Muhammad have 12 wives but other Muslims can only have 4? Oh and why could his brother only have 1?

It seems you and Allah are unable to answer this.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Dear brother, I will not quote any thing from Quran at all.

These are very basic things which most people already know. And using these criterion we can judge who is a true prophet of God and who is not.

But you will have to be patient and listen to each item slowly and give your comments.

If you get these things properly understood, your job will become very easy.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17240 Jun 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of catholics and jews fit that description too.
Cafeteria religious people.Pick and choose which one of god's edicts to follow.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17241 Jun 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
There are many Muslim in name only folks running around. They hang onto the name Muslim and may avoid pork but that's about it.
<quoted text>
Mostly the Muslim men. They love to bash western society while indulging in the very behavior that they condemn. A few Muslim women from moderate societies do it to.

United States

#17242 Jun 28, 2013
Yes total hypocrites.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly the Muslim men. They love to bash western society while indulging in the very behavior that they condemn. A few Muslim women from moderate societies do it to.

United States

#17243 Jun 28, 2013
Indeed and with all the churches I see in foreclosure? It gives me a big ole smile :)
<quoted text>A positive thing.

Once the financial base is removed? The entrenched power-structures will fall.

Since: Mar 12

India

#17244 Jun 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But you will have to be patient and listen to each item slowly and give your comments.
You need not quote any verse from Quran to answer my questions.I am just asking why there is a disagreement among Muslims and Christians regarding prophecy of Muhammad.Why he has been denied by Christians and Jews?
There is two possibilities:
Either Muhammad had fulfilled the criteria that were known even before him or Muhammad set his own criteria to declare himself as prophet.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#17245 Jun 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
... and who decides on this criteria?
spider

Downham Market, UK

#17246 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... and who decides on this criteria?
Control freaks.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17247 Jun 28, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Cafeteria religious people.Pick and choose which one of god's edicts to follow.
I'd much rather deal with a liberal cafeteria sort, than the fundies who are full of hate, though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17248 Jun 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed and with all the churches I see in foreclosure? It gives me a big ole smile :)
<quoted text>
Me too.

I love the re-purposing of these into productive business as well.

Especially pubs or bars-- that has a level of delicious irony that would only be surpassed, if the ex-church had been a brothel instead.

:D
LCN Llin

United States

#17249 Jun 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Posters should write objectively and inclusively to receive respect and trust from readers, as well as to avoid alienating readers. To be objective means to write with curiosity, rather than having a preset opinion, and to engage with research, rather than presenting a personal preference.

Being objective in your writing is a skill that you will develop, just like your academic voice. Though having a passion for your topic makes the writing process easier, it is important not to let it take over your post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17253 Jun 28, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're evil and you embrace wickedness. You will perish and be tortured in Hell forever and there is nothing you can do about that once you are there. The delicious irony is that you mock now, but will suffer forever.
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."

(you are unworthy of a more considered reply-- I'm just reminding you of your rampant and obvious hypocrisy)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17254 Jun 28, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
The production you encourage destroys lives of others. It's the atheist way, you hate driven maggot.
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."

(you are unworthy of a more considered reply-- I'm just reminding you of your rampant and obvious hypocrisy)

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17255 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd much rather deal with a liberal cafeteria sort, than the fundies who are full of hate, though.
I agree, although I regard cafeteria types as being dishonest to themselves and not wanting to admit that their own moral views and that of modern society are inconsistent with biblical/koranic ethics.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17256 Jun 29, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You need not quote any verse from Quran to answer my questions.I am just asking why there is a disagreement among Muslims and Christians regarding prophecy of Muhammad.Why he has been denied by Christians and Jews?
There is two possibilities:
Either Muhammad had fulfilled the criteria that were known even before him or Muhammad set his own criteria to declare himself as prophet.
Why Jews and Christians rejected our prophet is known to them. If they would have applied the tests, they would have found out that our prophet was a True prophet of God.

If there is doubt in the prophethood of our prophet, then I am sure they cannot prove prophethood of ANY of the prophets whom they believe in.

But let us leave out these subjective opinions. There will always be people who will not listen to reason and logic and adhere to their beliefs.

If that was not so, the life on this planet would have become "so monotonous" !!

So leave aside, what Jews say and what Christians say about our prophet. First you should know what are the qualities of a true prophet of God.

I told you that you should have an open mind, if you are confused and already pre-programmed, you might not follow the arguments.

Are you ready?

Location hidden

#17257 Jun 29, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're evil and you embrace wickedness.You will perish and be tortured in Hell forever and there is nothing you can do about that once you are there. The delicious irony is that you mock now, but will suffer forever.
Read your own writing: You're telling us that we will be tortured forever.

Who's the evil one again?

Give up the lies and try to be honest for once in your life you mindless creationist robot.

Location hidden

#17258 Jun 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Jews and Christians rejected our prophet is known to them. If they would have applied the tests, they would have found out that our prophet was a True prophet of God.
If there is doubt in the prophethood of our prophet, then I am sure they cannot prove prophethood of ANY of the prophets whom they believe in.
But let us leave out these subjective opinions. There will always be people who will not listen to reason and logic and adhere to their beliefs.
If that was not so, the life on this planet would have become "so monotonous" !!
So leave aside, what Jews say and what Christians say about our prophet. First you should know what are the qualities of a true prophet of God.
I told you that you should have an open mind, if you are confused and already pre-programmed, you might not follow the arguments.
Are you ready?
Your opinions about the nature of reality will matter after you're brave enough to prove your god and not before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 83,153
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Dogen 2,575
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web