Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,938

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#17204 Jun 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.
No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.
So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.
You haven't answered my questions,MUQ.Now you have added an extra criterion that a prophet must have a global impact.
Considering this to be true,how does it prove that Muhammad was indeed last prophet?Since,Judaism is no more a major religion,does this mean Moses was a fake prophet?
I have shown no close mindedness.I am just following your replies and questioning accordingly.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17205 Jun 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering this to be true,how does it prove that Muhammad was indeed last prophet?
Its circular reasoning. The bible / quran says this or that. The bible/ quran is the world of God. We know this cause it says its true.

All this proves is that Muq is brainwashed into a particular religion :)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17206 Jun 26, 2013
Perhaps because you belch the same tired passage 19 times a day?

What are you autistic and never learned another scripture?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture fulfilled. If you know it, why do you keep making derogatory and abusive comments? Creativity and intellect can cause mental illness.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17207 Jun 26, 2013
Nah won't work because we see as Muslims move into more civilized societies they either calm down, stop attending mosques or leave Islam all together after a few generations in many cases.

I know a guy who is a Muslim in name only. He has never read the Quran and never goes to a mosque, celebrates Christmas and has a Christian GF. He will say if family is around that he is a Muslim but that's about it.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Except perhaps by over-breeding? Who knows, but I guess thats one possible future.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17208 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
..we see as Muslims move into more civilized societies they either calm down, stop attending mosques or leave Islam ..<quoted text>
But most Muslims and Christians are in the developing world, where religion numbers are growing. I can see we will end up with a polarised world with secularism in the west and far east, and religion continuing to hold the people of Africa, Middle East and South America.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#17209 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nah won't work because we see as Muslims move into more civilized societies they either calm down, stop attending mosques or leave Islam all together after a few generations in many cases.
I know a guy who is a Muslim in name only. He has never read the Quran and never goes to a mosque, celebrates Christmas and has a Christian GF. He will say if family is around that he is a Muslim but that's about it.
<quoted text>
This is why the chance that "Islam is going to take over Europe" is a myth. But people won't abandon their culture though ...
Thinking

London, UK

#17210 Jun 26, 2013
I agree.

I used to sit next to a really funny one who ate at his work desk all through Ramadan. "It's OK, I've closed the blinds!"

He still doesn't eat pork, but he likes a drink and he's got no intention whatsoever of putting a rag on his little girl's head.
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17211 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed, women in the bible are painted out to be more evil than all the tyrants combined!
<quoted text>
In Religions women are just less than whole human being. The worst example is the Islam, but discriminations are commomn theme of all religions. This is barbaric!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17212 Jun 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah is the second and seed of Eve. Isaiah 53:6 "...the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all". The Messiah will not die for the sin of man, the Messiah will die because of the sin of man. Eve and the Messiah will be blamed for all the sin in the world.
In a modern world this is a crime!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17213 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
When women get educated, religion declines.
<quoted text>
To educate women is of course a must Long overdue for the human race!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#17214 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
When women get educated, religion declines.
<quoted text>
The Bible belt hus the duty to help women for an equal education!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17215 Jun 26, 2013
http://whc2014.org.uk/
World humanist conference to be held in Oxford, England.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/06/25/pol...
"Twenty-five per cent of young people said they believed in God, 19% believed in a non-Godlike 'spiritual greater power' and 38% were atheists who didn't believe in any greater spiritual power."
'Spiritual power'? I didn't think young people in the UK were that superstitious.

The poll was conducted for the Sun newspaper so should be treated with even more caution than such statistics ordinarily warrant.
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#17216 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
But he is included in this MUQ's statistics as a muslim1 So are shias! LOL!
Thinking

London, UK

#17217 Jun 26, 2013
In the UK, Pakistani children born of first cousin marriages are ten times more likely to have genetic defects than is the UK norm.

How would you suggest positioning the concept of far less dangerous second cousin marriages to that community?

Whose responsibility do you think it is to do this?
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why the chance that "Islam is going to take over Europe" is a myth. But people won't abandon their culture though ...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17218 Jun 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect this pope is not long for the title, either.
The world-wide phenomena of marriage equality is growing, and rapidly.
Vatican city will eventually bow to the inevitable, or hemorrhage huge piles of cash as members go elsewhere.
Even here in the USA, there is a largish faction of catholics crying for a break with Rome, and establishing their own hierarchy specifically for the Americas.
Lots of lovely historical precedent for this move, too.
I have some excellent popcorn at the ready, in anticipation.
<laughing>
I must admit that I am paying a bit of attention to this pope. It's like getting caught up in a soap opera.

How far will he go?

Can he scrape beyond the surface and drain the pus that is infecting the Vatican?

Or will the Cardinals assassinate him so that they can inherit the wealth and keep riding the gravy train?

Tune in tomorrow!

But first a word from our sponsor...

Nehwon

#17219 Jun 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.
No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.
So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.
Strange how you don't include Buddhism and Hinduism in your list.

Also strange that you don't mention anything about a major schism in Islam. Who should I root for? Sunni's or Shiites?

Or is Wahabi the right path in the modern era?

Maybe the US should back Alawites in Syria.

Tell us.

Which flavor of Islam is correct?

For what I see is the same disintegration of Islam that Christianity has already gone through.

Nehwon

#17220 Jun 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture fulfilled. If you know it, why do you keep making derogatory and abusive comments? Creativity and intellect can cause mental illness.
"Creativity and intellect can cause mental illness."

All part of the omni-benevolent divine plan?

Or is this the beginnings of an excuse to plead your way into heaven?

It's not your fault you didn't try to learn more of god's creation! You were only doing what you were told!

It took a while, but mortals have learned that that plea doesn't fly at all.

So why do you think you can fool god with it?

Nehwon

#17221 Jun 26, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible belt hus the duty to help women for an equal education!
Oh, yay. it's henry, the internet critic again.

We already know your reviews: Everything sucks.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17222 Jun 26, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit that I am paying a bit of attention to this pope. It's like getting caught up in a soap opera.
How far will he go?
Can he scrape beyond the surface and drain the pus that is infecting the Vatican?
Or will the Cardinals assassinate him so that they can inherit the wealth and keep riding the gravy train?
Tune in tomorrow!
But first a word from our sponsor...
Yes. The "natural" cause of death, for popes, has traditionally been poison.

I'm mystified why the previous pope outlived his usefulness.

Perhaps he jumped ship before they could act?

After all: everyone in Vatican City is past 60, most older still. So moving quickly isn't on their agendas....

Nehwon

#17223 Jun 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The "natural" cause of death, for popes, has traditionally been poison.
I'm mystified why the previous pope outlived his usefulness.
Perhaps he jumped ship before they could act?
After all: everyone in Vatican City is past 60, most older still. So moving quickly isn't on their agendas....
I have a few wild speculations about that.

Benedict was following a rock star pope. Big red shoes to fill there.

The conspiracy side of me thinks that by him resigning was a shocking thing that hadn't happened in centuries.. Which allowed another shocking thing dwarfed by the resignation - a Jesuit* pope.
A first.

And the Catholic Church needs a shock right now to salvage any redemption from the pedophilia scandals.

Another idea is that Benedict realized he wasn't cut out to be the front man taking all the slings and arrows (analogy - Dick Cheney).

*From what I've heard, Jesuits are not to be trifled with. They accept science findings, balance it with dogma and try to follow the message of Jesus. And do so against a despotic regimes. While I may disagree with their religious motivation, I do respect them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Thinking 228,611
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 1,030
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Thinking 155
Heaven 2 hr Thinking 8
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Thinking 727
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Thinking 5,939
Is Religion Childish? 7 hr nOgOd 4

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE