Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23869 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17173 Jun 25, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The remarks from da Pope show his homophobia. He admit a gay lobby exists but equates it to corruption. They are very bigoted people often hiding deep seated fears over their own sexuality.
Only a matter of time, when Rome will either bow to the inevitable, or crash-and-burn.

Either way works for me.

:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17174 Jun 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol nah if the mother in law have any lip she would be beheaded or flogged.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Women are just property under most religion.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17176 Jun 25, 2013
Glasgow Skeptics host US professor Jerry Coyne on Science & Religion. The Odd Couple....


1 hour, 8 mins.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17177 Jun 25, 2013
Indeed, women in the bible are painted out to be more evil than all the tyrants combined!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Women are just property under most religion.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#17178 Jun 25, 2013
When women get educated, religion declines.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed, women in the bible are painted out to be more evil than all the tyrants combined!
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17179 Jun 25, 2013
Which is why in Islam women are executed for wanting an education.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>When women get educated, religion declines.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#17180 Jun 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed, women in the bible are painted out to be more evil than all the tyrants combined!
<quoted text>
All but on major villain in the bible are women.
Thomas

United States

#17181 Jun 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which is why in Islam women are executed for wanting an education.
<quoted text>
I thought that in certain Islamic nations women were executed only for capital offences such as murder and moral offences such as adultery and prostitution and not for wanting an education, atheism to defeat religion by 2038 ? Well I feel most of Europe will be Islamic by that time , the godless and morally bankrupt Europe and America will be dead by that time !The Muslims will over populate and over run all Europe, Africa and America !

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17182 Jun 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed, women in the bible are painted out to be more evil than all the tyrants combined!
<quoted text>
It is truly an ugly book. I have actually heard sermons from Genesis, blaming all the world's evils, on poor little naive Eve....

..!!!

.. yeah. Sick, I know...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17183 Jun 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
When women get educated, religion declines.
<quoted text>
Of course!

If you educate a man? You educate an individual-- he may or may not have an impact.

But if you educate a woman? You educate a generation; women pass on to their offspring what they have learned.

(based on an old African proverb I saw in Facebook)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17184 Jun 25, 2013
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that in certain Islamic nations women were executed only for capital offences such as murder and moral offences such as adultery and prostitution and not for wanting an education, atheism to defeat religion by 2038 ? Well I feel most of Europe will be Islamic by that time , the godless and morally bankrupt Europe and America will be dead by that time !The Muslims will over populate and over run all Europe, Africa and America !
And all the while? Your petty little do-nothing godling does... nothing?

Wow... way to **fail** there god!

<laughing>
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#17185 Jun 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly an ugly book. I have actually heard sermons from Genesis, blaming all the world's evils, on poor little naive Eve....
..!!!
.. yeah. Sick, I know...
The Messiah is the second and seed of Eve. Isaiah 53:6 "...the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all". The Messiah will not die for the sin of man, the Messiah will die because of the sin of man. Eve and the Messiah will be blamed for all the sin in the world.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17186 Jun 26, 2013
So your argument is, if a woman is accused of adultery by her husband she should be put to death.

Wow no wonder the world looks upon you as sub human beasts.
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that in certain Islamic nations women were executed only for capital offences such as murder and moral offences such as adultery and prostitution and not for wanting an education, atheism to defeat religion by 2038 ? Well I feel most of Europe will be Islamic by that time , the godless and morally bankrupt Europe and America will be dead by that time !The Muslims will over populate and over run all Europe, Africa and America !

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17187 Jun 26, 2013
Women are blamed for damn near all the problems that occur in the bible.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>All but on major villain in the bible are women.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17188 Jun 26, 2013
Time for your shock therapy?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah is the second and seed of Eve. Isaiah 53:6 "...the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all". The Messiah will not die for the sin of man, the Messiah will die because of the sin of man. Eve and the Messiah will be blamed for all the sin in the world.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

#17189 Jun 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>How can one confirm if Muhammad was indeed the last prophet and that no can succeed him to take him the title of being last prophet away from him?Can't that be a corruption in your scriptures?What discards this possibility and unequivocally proves your statement to be correct?
Secondly,what about the people who had claimed to be the Redeemer?
Doesn't Islam endorses the resurrection of Jesus?
When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.

No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.

So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#17190 Jun 26, 2013
No all of those religions have also spread across the world and have played a role in world history.

We have no proof whatsoever that Muhammad even existed let alone did and said as the Quran states.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.

No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.

So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#17193 Jun 26, 2013
More muslim on muslim violence:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/16/poli...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.
No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.
So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#17194 Jun 26, 2013
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17195 Jun 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go thru the list of qualities of True Prophets of God, you will find that no one has come forward in past 1400 years.
No Major religion came into the world during that period. The so called new religions like Sikhism. Qadiani, Bahaism amd Mormon are very much localized affairs, having no impact to the world history.
So claer your mind of all such bias and be open minded. Unless you have open mind, no amount of reason and logic can help you.
Fastest growing religion in Ghana at present: Ahamdiya Islam! so, if they succeed like that all over will you accept Ahmadiya Islam, MUQ?

OH! MUQ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min ChristineM 20,055
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Chimney1 34,749
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 50 min Thinking 4,482
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 1 hr emperorjohn 133
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Thinking 14,911
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 2 hr Thinking 139
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 2 hr emperorjohn 189
More from around the web