Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17128 Jun 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Prophets are the persons appointed by God to act as guides for their people.
God sends His guidance to prophets thru angels and they teach that to their people.
And prophets also present themselves as role models as to how to act on these guidelines.
The foremost proof of genuineness of a prophet lies in their teachings. Most important of which is Worship only one God, do not associate any partner with him and do not worship false gods or idols, trees, sun, moon and other stars etc.
Then prophet' teach us morality and exalted behaviour in every thing.
How to perform our duties towards our Creator, our Parents and our kinfolks. How to deal with other humans.
These teachings separate a prophet from any social reformer or philosophers or Kings and Political leaders etc.
It is a big topic and I do not know, If you have the patience to go thru it step by step.
If you follow these criterion, you can very easily find out if X, Y or Z is a true prophet of God or not.
ignorant cult with no proof of god. Hasnt learned honesty yet trying to claim higher morality.

Location hidden

#17129 Jun 23, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
circular
Defeated creationist troll piping up, 7 days to banning. Better a new pc.
LNC Llin

United States

#17130 Jun 23, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's important always to distinguish between faith based on evidence and reason and religious faith..
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
Faith that a bridge won't give way is based on experience and reasonable probability. Religious beliefs are an act of faith unsupported by sound evidence or reason.
Good post

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#17132 Jun 23, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason killing was so prominent is because infidels like you enabled it and made God use that option to prove who He was.
Infidels like you pulled the trigger for that option to come about because they were stubborn , evil, wicked , and stupid , JUST LIKE YOU.
Your irresponsible actions today even lead to death and destruction as you cause agony across the globe with your demonic teachings.
You embrace wickedness , you choose wickedness,......
There were good reasons. You just can't admit it was because of low-life infidels as yourself, since your religious Satanic cult teaches deceit and lies.
There you are, still supporting and endorsing the stoning of children.

Since: Nov 12

Clearfield, PA

#17133 Jun 23, 2013
SIRO..... You seem to have missed what I responded

atheismisevil, you should read too.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#17134 Jun 23, 2013
Ignore them. They're just trolls. Anything that doesn't pertain to their logic, they skip over. I've tried to respond to trolls like that before, and they just ignore my posts, so they'll ignore yours, too. I may look new, but I've been here for a long time, so I know the ins and outs of the place and how the trolls work.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17135 Jun 23, 2013
The bible says your god drowned millions of innocent babies.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>The reason killing was so prominent is because infidels like you enabled it and made God use that option to prove who He was.

Infidels like you pulled the trigger for that option to come about because they were stubborn , evil, wicked , and stupid , JUST LIKE YOU.

Your irresponsible actions today even lead to death and destruction as you cause agony across the globe with your demonic teachings.

You embrace wickedness , you choose wickedness,......
There were good reasons. You just can't admit it was because of low-life infidels as yourself, since your religious Satanic cult teaches deceit and lies.
LNC Llin

United States

#17136 Jun 23, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Ignore them. They're just trolls. Anything that doesn't pertain to their logic, they skip over. I've tried to respond to trolls like that before, and they just ignore my posts, so they'll ignore yours, too. I may look new, but I've been here for a long time, so I know the ins and outs of the place and how the trolls work.
look for those who use profanity in their posts?

Since: Nov 12

Columbus, OH

#17137 Jun 23, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I try...

I just like breaking through the anger and insults to attempt to have an actual discussion.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#17138 Jun 23, 2013
Good luck with that. Over the 5+ years I've been on here, I've debated with many a troll. Yes, that means I am quite antediluvian. I have a long beard now, too.

I was kidding about the last part. Anyhow, I just try to make them see reason, but if it doesn't work, move on to another forum and try to talk to another one. Good luck with that, though.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#17143 Jun 23, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
Then you are saying you do not support any old religion, that includes christianity.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#17144 Jun 23, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
look for those who use profanity in their posts?
That is often the case, sadly, I cannot disagree there. Almost all posts containing true profanity are, in fact, troll posts. However, what is profanity? Many people think it's a set of specific words, such as words filtered by many websites and even the mainstream media. But in reality, a word like "humbug" is truly more insulting, when used properly, of course, but any and all words can be profane, for profanity is simply a word misused, or used for any purpose other than what it was intended for. The most profane words I have heard in many conversations is the word "like," used so many times in ways for which the word is inappropriate. One of the more common ones online is "fag," which has nothing to do with homosexuality in reality. I prefer to read things which are not only correctly worded, but also poetic.
toozupp

Leicester, UK

#17145 Jun 23, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence that there are no invisible sock gremlins?
If you have it, give it here.
tee hee x

Location hidden

#17146 Jun 24, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you find it important to get your point across? Does it make your delusion seem more real if you get others to agree with you? That's why I find atheism a religion of coercion, brain washing, and mental trauma.
Atheists are just not reasonable.
Why do you find it important to lie about god?

Why when you realise that you have no proof, do you attack atheists?

Why can't you just present your proof and be brave? Are you really that embarassed with yourself?

United States

#17147 Jun 24, 2013
A majority of the world at that time was highly religious and had many gods. I guess you don't know what you're talking about.

So according to you if you stumbled upon an infant who had atheist parents the proper thing for you to do would be drown it?

This is the sub human creature that belief on your god has made you.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>He spared them a miserable life living with their evil atheist parents who would have taught them deathly lies. Look at the bigger picture.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17148 Jun 24, 2013
FS wrote:
So one has to fulfill these criteria to be accepted as prophet.

So, basically anyone who conforms according to Muhammad's teaching and teaches the same to others would be declared as prophet; is this what you trying to say?

So, if I preach the same things would I be declared as prophet?
Ans.

I think you have not gone thru the list!!

Certainly you would be considered a "prophet" if you fulfill these criterions!!

But there is one more item in that list, The door of prophethood was closed 1400 years ago!!

Any one claiming to be a prophet has to be a liar!!

There have been many attempts for people to become "prophets"….they were all false prophets.

If you want to add your name to the list of false prophets, please come forward.

PS:

If you conform to the teachings of our prophet, the "last thing" in your mind will be to take the mantle!!
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17149 Jun 24, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
He spared them a miserable life living with their evil atheist parents who would have taught them deathly lies. Look at the bigger picture.
Atheism then can be said to be a "broad church of a sort. I find good religious people and good atheist people. However, I find that larger proportion of atheists are reasonable lot and larger number of those arguing to "defend or promote their faith" are deluded or dishonest. I am of the opinion that all religions are human inventions. However, then I concede that faith following may be beneficial to one's health or useful in difficult circumstances due to human brain hard-wired during evolution to "believe" in a power. Belief matters is not the truth or the facts as religions and followers tend to tell us.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17150 Jun 24, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
He spared them a miserable life living with their evil atheist parents who would have taught them deathly lies. Look at the bigger picture.
That is an evil interpretation. LOL!
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#17151 Jun 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
But there is one more item in that list, The door of prophethood was closed 1400 years ago!!
There have been many attempts for people to become "prophets"….they were all false prophets.
If you want to add your name to the list of false prophets, please come forward.
PS:
If you conform to the teachings of our prophet, the "last thing" in your mind will be to take the mantle!!
This made me recall a hoodlum film about Chicago when the nominations for the Mayor were closed as soon as one name was called out! Ahmadiya muslims are as staunch in their beliefs and claims as this MUQ is in his. This MUQ has been told the truth and yet he ignores those facts at "his peril".

United States

#17152 Jun 24, 2013
The prophet door was said to have closed 700 years before Muhammad, if he even existed, yet it reopened because why? He said so? Lol!

How convenient! No wonder Muslims butcher each other!
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

PS:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min Into The Night 94,354
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 5,996
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 5 hr blacklagoon 3 144
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 6 hr Prince of Darkness 9
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... 21 hr nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20