Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,364

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Covington, GA

#17095 Jun 22, 2013
Yes, it's a diversion tactic nothing more.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>They'll keep bringing it up as some kind of smoke screen or bullshyt to shield their disgusting religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17096 Jun 22, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll keep bringing it up as some kind of smoke screen or bullshyt to shield their disgusting religion.
When you ask a theist for proof of god they call you a communist and compare you to hilter.

Its the standard cult lie defense.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17097 Jun 22, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how Islam is true?What separates it from other religion and makes it a true religion?
A True religion is based on Revelation of God and teachings of a true prophet of God.

Since islam satisfies both these conditions, it is a true religion.

QED

PS:

Now can I ask the same questions, with the followers of other religions?

Are their religion based on revelation and teachings of true prophets of God?

Location hidden

#17098 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A True religion is based on Revelation of God and teachings of a true prophet of God.
QED
PS:
Atheists will never follow a cult of ignorant liars who have no proof of god.

When you are brave enough to study hard and present evidence for your personal hallucinations, please come back to us.
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#17099 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. There are so many things in this Universe that we are unable to see. Is it the mistake of things or our own disability?
If God was physical, we could be able to see it, it is our disability and not any shortcoming on His part that we are unable to "see Him".
But signs of His Presence and His wonders are available every where in this vast universe, every thing points to Him.
Only if you could use your brain and analyzing power that God gave it to you.
2. You may be right to reject "man made religions", we also reject all man made religions.
But those religions which came from God Himself, they are based on truth and would lead to true path.
PS:
A truth does not become falsehood that it came in "Iron age" or "Copper age" or "Information age".
A truth remains truth, irrespective of time gap.
GOD a "He" / "He" and "Him" means a GOD constructed by a male dominated society. MUQ tries to tell us that since there are mysteries of life and all then there is a "he" GOD. None of human invented religions told us about a major truth about life : now proven Evolution of the Specis. MUQ wants mayhem so that millions die for Shia free & other religions free Islam. I believe real GOD will not forgive MUQ since MUQ now not an ignorant of the fact of the Evolution of Specis.
OH! MUQ!
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#17100 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
QED
PS:
Did the revelation include now proven lie of Adam and Eve?(Does that not prove that the crux of that creation was lifted from Jewish OT? OH! MUQ!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17101 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
QED
PS:
The truth is your religion abuses, rapes and murders little girls. The truth is you are a gutless little sh!t who wont stand up for children.

Since: Mar 11

Lawrenceville, GA

#17102 Jun 22, 2013
All religions make the same claim. If Islam were true and positive it would not require killing those who leave it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>A True religion is based on Revelation of God and teachings of a true prophet of God.

QED

PS:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#17103 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
QED
PS:
All religions have "revelations from [god]," this is not a difference, this does not make your religion stand out at all.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#17104 Jun 22, 2013
BitchurdFU wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is your religion abuses, rapes and murders little girls. The truth is you are a gutless little sh!t who wont stand up for children.
And everytime a boatload of muslim 'refugees' turns up in Australia you are the first one to demand they get welfare, public housing, leniency if they end up being arrested for raping white girls because of their 'religious' beliefs and punks like you always go out of your way to sign them up for the atheist and apostate Labor Party.
You are truly worth less than a dead roach bitchurd

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#17105 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
QED
PS:
OK.Who is a prophet and how would you confirm whether a person who claims themselves to be a prophet is true or not and that their teachings are based on messages recieved from a supernatural power?How does Muhammad fulfill the criteria of being true?Explain.
PS:I am not a religious person and do not represent any religious group.I hope that question is directed towards Non-Muslim religious people in this forum.
LNC Llin

United States

#17106 Jun 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
All religions make the same claim. If Islam were true and positive it would not require killing those who leave it.
<quoted text>
Amusing hasty generalization.
Soon the clone will appear with a few profanities.
LOL

Location hidden

#17107 Jun 22, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing hasty generalization.
Soon the clone will appear with a few profanities.
LOL
There's no point changing your username Lincoln, Topix knows your IP address.

Thats how you get banned Lincoln.
LNC Llin

United States

#17108 Jun 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no point changing your username Lincoln, Topix knows your IP address.
Thats how you get banned Lincoln.
Amusing
The clone appeared without the usual profanities. Progress?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17109 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, religion is revelation, i.e. superstition
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/divine+revel...

But for religion to succeed they need to get 'em while their young - "give me a boy under 7..."

Is religious faith a mental illness? Not exactly. It's mass delusion....

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

And all the pilgrims killed in India recently..
http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/22/whe...

But god(s) take no responsibility, just mindless worship....
"We spent the night chanting praying to lord Shiva, he recalled. Shiva is the Hindu god of destruction."
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#17110 Jun 22, 2013
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable.
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#17111 Jun 22, 2013
Faith is a vice pretending to be a virtue, its lies and errors and frothy nonsense deluding us and distracting us from action. There's no salvation in wishful thinking, only inertia. Faith is the enemy of reason. The one thing every single one of us here must be united in despising is faith. It's the barren refuge of the vacuous, the fearful, the frauds, and the obstacles to accomplishment.
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#17112 Jun 22, 2013
If you think that your belief is based upon reason, you will support it by argument, rather then by persecution, and will abandon it if the argument goes against you. But if your belief is based on faith, you will realize that argument is useless, and will therefore resort to force either in the form of persecution or by stunting and distorting the minds of the young in what is called "education". This last is particularly dastardly, since it takes advantage of the defencelessness of immature minds. Unfortunately it is practiced in greater or less degree in the(religious) schools of every civilised country
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#17113 Jun 22, 2013
and may i add barbarically in the middle east!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17114 Jun 22, 2013
idiot Savant wrote:
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable.
I think it's important always to distinguish between faith based on evidence and reason and religious faith..
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith

Faith that a bridge won't give way is based on experience and reasonable probability. Religious beliefs are an act of faith unsupported by sound evidence or reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 17 min KIND 339
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 50 min Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr NightSerf 932
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 227,740
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 7 hr BeHereNow 134
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE