Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17076 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting !
I try :-)
http://humanism.org.uk/2013/06/20/barack-obam...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17077 Jun 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
If he wasnt real as you claim then how could he say anything?
What a crapclown you are, you should join up with BitchurdFU.
He can be your snitch and you can be his commissar, you can reward him with che guevara t-shirts
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17078 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Looks like bob has got himself an unwanted love interest
called siro.
<quoted text>
:)

I do seem to attract the batshit insane ones...

;)
rio

Beckenham, UK

#17079 Jun 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."
That's a spam.

You gave me exactly the same answer (completely out of topic as well) on another thread.

You are just a spammer !!!

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#17080 Jun 21, 2013
Bob, a spammer? I don't think so. It seems to me like a lot of believers on here don't get along well with us non-believers. I for one try to call peace and get along well with others who differ from me.

Maybe I'm just being a fool by being a mediator. But I know that conflict is not the answer, and that co-existence can come to pass. Perhaps I'm too idealistic for my own good. Food for thought, huh?
scandi

Larvik, Norway

#17081 Jun 21, 2013
Dauthsland Dauthsland...uber alles!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17082 Jun 21, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a spam.
You gave me exactly the same answer (completely out of topic as well) on another thread.
You are just a spammer !!!

(you are unworthy of a more considered reply-- I'm just reminding you of your rampant and obvious hypocrisy)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17083 Jun 21, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Bob, a spammer? I don't think so. It seems to me like a lot of believers on here don't get along well with us non-believers. I for one try to call peace and get along well with others who differ from me.
Maybe I'm just being a fool by being a mediator. But I know that conflict is not the answer, and that co-existence can come to pass. Perhaps I'm too idealistic for my own good. Food for thought, huh?
I'd be delighted to let bygones be bygones.

But.

I won't sit still for rampant abuse, such as being told I'm lower than dirt and deserving of infinite torture at the hands of their myth.

Not even the worst of the worst human deserves limited torture--let alone infinite.

So I remind them of their hypocrisy and that they are just a hate-cult.

George Orwell would have recognized them: the Ministry of Love.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17084 Jun 21, 2013
No I don't want religion to be abolished. It is already fading away and the believers know it. I am content to let time take it's course.

No reason to enforce atheism, reason leads the more intelligent naturally to it.

I like every atheist I have even known strive for equal rights and democracy.

I do not sell dirty pictures, sorry you are wrong in every count.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>You want religion to be abolished.
You want atheism to be enforced.
You need a totalitarian state for that to happen and yes you approve of such a thing.
You are nothing but a punk who sells dirty pictures.
You dirt rolled cracka
Thinking

London, UK

#17085 Jun 21, 2013
Luckily for you, as siro is a fourth wife, siro can't marry you anyway.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do seem to attract the batshit insane ones...
;)

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#17086 Jun 21, 2013
True enough. Some believers on here are nothing more than trolls who have no respect for others who have different opinions or beliefs....but some have been the nicest people I have ever known.

Some of the kindest people in my life have been religious.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#17087 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
And youre a fourth husband.....after all someone has to hold the video camera

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17088 Jun 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
<laughing>

Occasionally the odds do work in my favor.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17089 Jun 21, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
True enough. Some believers on here are nothing more than trolls who have no respect for others who have different opinions or beliefs....but some have been the nicest people I have ever known.
Some of the kindest people in my life have been religious.
I have met a few kind people who's worldview included belief of some sort.

Unfortunately, christianity encourages the opposite sort. I suppose that's because it also encourages a "no consequences" attitude, so long as the "results" are "on target".

Why not? They have this magic spell they cast, "jesus, forgive me" and no consequences-- or so they are taught.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#17090 Jun 21, 2013
SG wrote:

That is the reality. Unless someone can come up with evidence of God, or a place called heaven and hell. Without evidence, these things are just imaginary,

If you just leave it like that, then I would have no issue. If you think a creator has put reason in your brain Im ok with that. Its called Deism.

The problem is with man made religions. Contradictory teachings of so called prophets. Especially when they teach camp fire myths and barbaric methods from the iron age.
Ans.

1. There are so many things in this Universe that we are unable to see. Is it the mistake of things or our own disability?

If God was physical, we could be able to see it, it is our disability and not any shortcoming on His part that we are unable to "see Him".

But signs of His Presence and His wonders are available every where in this vast universe, every thing points to Him.

Only if you could use your brain and analyzing power that God gave it to you.

2. You may be right to reject "man made religions", we also reject all man made religions.

But those religions which came from God Himself, they are based on truth and would lead to true path.

PS:

A truth does not become falsehood that it came in "Iron age" or "Copper age" or "Information age".

A truth remains truth, irrespective of time gap.

United States

#17091 Jun 21, 2013
Muhammad raped little girls as you have said and believed in evil genies roaming the sands of Arabia!

Lol!

Who could take Islam as a serious religion when it teaches about such foolish things? Only ignorant sub human swine or those forced to believe under threat of death. And you know Muq if the threat of leaving Islam was removed the religion would dwindle to nothing.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

1. There are so many things in this Universe that we are unable to see. Is it the mistake of things or our own disability?

If God was physical, we could be able to see it, it is our disability and not any shortcoming on His part that we are unable to "see Him".

But signs of His Presence and His wonders are available every where in this vast universe, every thing points to Him.

2. You may be right to reject "man made religions", we also reject all man made religions.

But those religions which came from God Himself, they are based on truth and would lead to true path.

PS:

A truth does not become falsehood that it came in "Iron age" or "Copper age" or "Information age".

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#17092 Jun 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly. I do not know of any atheists who approve of totalitarianism so bringing those guys up is pointless.
<quoted text>
They'll keep bringing it up as some kind of smoke screen or bullshyt to shield their disgusting religion.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#17093 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
PS:
Explain how Islam is true?What separates it from other religion and makes it a true religion?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17094 Jun 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
PS:
....A truth remains truth,...
That's right and the the truth is your religion abuses, rapes and murders little girls. The truth is you are a gutless little sh!t who wont stand up for children.

Covington, GA

#17095 Jun 22, 2013
Yes, it's a diversion tactic nothing more.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>They'll keep bringing it up as some kind of smoke screen or bullshyt to shield their disgusting religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Eagle 12 243,346
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min Eagle 12 9,360
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 36 min Amused 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min Paul Porter1 19,787
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 4 hr dirtclod 6,215
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 8 hr thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 9 hr knight of Jesus 521
More from around the web