Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16925 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are miserable as an atheist. I am so happy that it never influenced me and anyone I know.
You are simply projecting your miserable hate onto everyone you meet.

I bet you live alone-- and I bet all your pathetic pets have died, for lack of care.

For all the "love" you display for your fellow humans?

Is indistinguishable from HATE.

Buh-bye.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16926 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satan invented the filth of the world. You have become a part of that filth by rejecting Christianity.
Science has nothing to do with this conversation other than God created science.
The Satan Lover preaching about his favorite god, his satan.

Too funny!

Buh-bye.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16928 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
SPAM
Tell me how you come to that conclusion. It is obviously an original post. Do you not like that I use the buybull in this way? Don't you just love that it can be truthfully used in such a manner? I do.

Earth,TX

#16929 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you reacting? That Atheism will replace religion? And that is what I am asking, now a void can replace a space?
Now you will say, humans do not have a soul? Then I will ask what is life?
We will go on having "fun" shall we not?
The religions disappear, and there are no religions left. That is atheism, no religions, no gods, no spell casters, just none of that stuff.

Which disease must you have, if you don't have cancer? Do you have to, have a disease, if you don't have cancer?

If you don't have hair, what color is the hair that you don't have?

Earth,TX

#16930 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of belief will "replace" a system of belief?
Switch off of a bulb, will fill the room with light?
Don't you ever think before posting your answer?
The question was Atheism will replace religion? You replace one theory with another theory, do you not?
Or do you replace a theory with "No theory"?
You replace a law a system with a "better" system or a better law.
How can Atheism which is "nothing" can replace religion?
Atheism is not religion, atheism is not law, it is what was there before religion was brought in.

You are asking that a disease must replace a disease. What disease must you have, if you do not have cancer?

Earth,TX

#16931 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satan invented the filth of the world. You have become a part of that filth by rejecting Christianity.
Science has nothing to do with this conversation other than God created science.
Satan is limited to the same venues, that your gods are. They are nothing but squiggly marks on paper.
Christainity is just one freak show religion that is rejected, all the others are too.

Earth,TX

#16932 Jun 18, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a stupid question..........
Or more correctly....ask a -Skeptic- question.....
I'd like to see you sometime, if people are as they look then you must be picked up by the police every time you walk down the road because they would make you for a burnt out crackhead who p1sses on the street for attention
No Short Bus, this question >> (What replaces your hair when you lose it?)is how we gently attempt to show the people on the short bus, what the lack of a religion is.

Earth,TX

#16933 Jun 18, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point that atheists have joined up with wahhabi thugs against Assad.
Anything for 'progress'....eh?
If that was your point, you could have said so before you claimed that it had been proven true. And btw: I see that you demand the same amount of proof, to your unmade point as you do, to your claims of a god. None!

Earth,TX

#16934 Jun 18, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Western atheists who support the wahhabis
That means you
You have seen the name "Thinking"' on their booster list, have you?
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#16936 Jun 18, 2013
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing."
"Oh," says man, "but the Babel fish is a dead give-away, isn't it? It proves You exist, and so therefore You don't."
"Oh, I hadn't thought of that," says God, who promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Ah, that was easy," says man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white, and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#16937 Jun 18, 2013
And it goes on and on!
truth...will be your realization in death!
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#16939 Jun 18, 2013
the only mammal on this planet that knows its going to die....is???
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#16940 Jun 18, 2013
yes we are animals,,,,sorry to disappoint the theists!
idiot Savant

Birmingham, UK

#16941 Jun 18, 2013
if god did not exist....it wld be necessary to invent him!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16943 Jun 18, 2013
idiot Savant wrote:
if god did not exist....it wld be necessary to invent him!
Deus Ex -- a series of most excellent games.

:)
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#16944 Jun 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What replaces your hair when you lose it?
It creates a permanent empty space on head where every one can see that there was hair.

The same is with "Athiesm", it would leave a permanent void in your personality and you would be "just like a talking animal".
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#16945 Jun 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The religions disappear, and there are no religions left. That is atheism, no religions, no gods, no spell casters, just none of that stuff.
Which disease must you have, if you don't have cancer? Do you have to, have a disease, if you don't have cancer?
If you don't have hair, what color is the hair that you don't have?
These analogies show that how ignorant you are about religions.

You are comparing apples against oranges. A set of beliefs with some physical disabilities.

That shows what type of arguments you people come out with. A drowning man clutching at straws.
rio

London, UK

#16946 Jun 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The religions disappear, and there are no religions left. That is atheism, no religions, no gods, no spell casters, just none of that stuff.
This doesn't seem to happen, does it?

In fact, religions are progressing in many countries, at the expense of atheism, still considered by many as highly suspect.

Most people are born in a religion. Atheism is a choice made by some, often raised themselves in a religion. Atheism is just a rebellion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16947 Jun 18, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't seem to happen, does it?
In fact, religions are progressing in many countries, at the expense of atheism, still considered by many as highly suspect.
Most people are born in a religion. Atheism is a choice made by some, often raised themselves in a religion. Atheism is just a rebellion.
A rebellion of what?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16948 Jun 18, 2013
SG wrote:

Have you moved to Bahrain because it if more liberal than Saudi?

What about all the other prophets of God, the ones not living in the Middle East. There are a lot more religions and variety of religions than in that part of the world.

Not a belief in nothing. A belief in reality, as opposed to a belief in a made up supernatural world.
Ans.

1. I am still in Saudi Arabia to the best of my recollection.

Quran made a general statement that God sent prophets of God and His books to many nations.

But it describes only those known to Arabs, because they were the original addresses of the message.

What purpose it would have served for those Arabs to mention obscure names and places, which they know nothing about.

Quran is a book of Guidance, not a book of travel and tourism or of human history.

2. So Atheism is a "Belief in Reality", that is the First Positive coming out of it.

The Universe is real? So how come it came into being?

By itself, by chance?

Let us see how much Athiests believe in "Reality"!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Dogen 80,037
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 119
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 65
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sat Eagle 12 - 104
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web