Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#16903 Jun 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>My analogy is correct. We have no beliefs/disease, you do have belief/disease.
There are no soul diseases, no one has a built in recognition of any god. If you do not have the religitard disease then you are atheist, without theism. Not theist.
The title of this thread is only one person's opinion. Posting here does not mean that we make the same decisions. Posting here means we are reacting to that opinion.
What are you reacting? That Atheism will replace religion? And that is what I am asking, now a void can replace a space?

Now you will say, humans do not have a soul? Then I will ask what is life?

We will go on having "fun" shall we not?
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#16904 Jun 18, 2013
Why do you think islam is worthy of a scientific replacement?

When science beats cancer, I certainly won't be looking for science to replace cancer with some new disease.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Atheism which is "nothing" can replace religion?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16905 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your filthy atheism is definitely that.
200 foreskins in a pile.
Hemorrhoids(bloody anal tissue) dipt in molten gold.
Your children cooked and then eaten by you.
Barley cakes cooked with human dung.
You eating that human dung and swilling down the piss.
Jesus's huge boobs (think 44D).
Checking penis and testes to see if they are pretty enough to approach your god's altar.
Your god is pièce de résistance at every communion.

Question: So of the above crap, which one is ours?
Answer: It is all yours.

And atheism is the complete lack of any theism.

It is just, not having a disease called theism.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16906 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of intelligence.
Oh.. I thought it was simply not believing in any supernatural gods

Well then. I am not an atheist... I am whatever you call someone who doesn't believe in any gods.

But after your editing of definitions and your username.... I am curious... Why are you so evil? I'm sorry if you don't understand the question. Are you in a home or do you live on your own?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16907 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you reacting? That Atheism will replace religion? And that is what I am asking, now a void can replace a space?
Now you will say, humans do not have a soul? Then I will ask what is life?
We will go on having "fun" shall we not?
What replaces your hair when you lose it?
Siro

Australia

#16908 Jun 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What replaces your hair when you lose it?
In your case it is a clowns wig

Location hidden

#16911 Jun 18, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case it is a clowns wig
These are the answers we should expect from dishonest theists who cannot answer simple questions.

Location hidden

#16912 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satan invented the filth of the world. You have become a part of that filth by rejecting Christianity.
Science has nothing to do with this conversation other than God created science.
Your cult invented Satan as an excuse for judging people. Atheists dont believe in satan or god, its not real.

Your imagination will never apply to anyone other than yourself.

Location hidden

#16913 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
SPAM
Well stop spamming then.

When you're brave enough to stop spamming your creationist absurdities and prove your god like a real man, then your opinion counts.

Until then you're to be regarded as proven cult liars with no morals to speak of.

Location hidden

#16914 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
God created science.
its funny how you theists have to tell more lies in order to make your imagination fit with reaity.
Siro

Australia

#16915 Jun 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the answers we should expect from dishonest theists who cannot answer simple questions.
Ask a stupid question..........
Or more correctly....ask a -Skeptic- question.....

I'd like to see you sometime, if people are as they look then you must be picked up by the police every time you walk down the road because they would make you for a burnt out crackhead who p1sses on the street for attention
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#16916 Jun 18, 2013
What sort of failed police state did you grow up in? Syria?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a stupid question..........
Or more correctly....ask a -Skeptic- question.....
I'd like to see you sometime, if people are as they look then you must be picked up by the police every time you walk down the road because they would make you for a burnt out crackhead who p1sses on the street for attention
Siro

Australia

#16917 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What sort of failed police state did you grow up in? Syria?
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point that atheists have joined up with wahhabi thugs against Assad.
Anything for 'progress'....eh?
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#16918 Jun 18, 2013
So Syria is a hotbed of Atheism? Don't you mean that many Syrians are not your preferred flavour of muslim?

Every time a muslim state fails we should seal the border, put a load of food and medicine (including the sort that Pakistani muslims use as an excuse to kill nurses) on that border, put a no fly zone over the top and leave well alone.

The muslim on muslim casualty rates in Syria suggest the same death rates would've have happened in Iraq without Bush/Blair. This time muslims will have to blame only themselves.

Whenever there is a power vacuum, muslims kill each other. I wish they didn't, but they do.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point that atheists have joined up with wahhabi thugs against Assad.
Anything for 'progress'....eh?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#16919 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..Therefore Moses , Jesus and all prophets of God lived and died in the state of Islam.
Have you moved to Bahrain because it if more liberal than Saudi?

What about all the other prophets of God, the ones not living in the Middle East. There are a lot more religions and variety of religions than in that part of the world.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#16920 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Atheism which is "nothing" can replace religion?
Not a belief in nothing. A belief in reality, as opposed to a belief in a made up supernatural world.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16921 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satan invented the filth of the world. You have become a part of that filth by rejecting Christianity.
Science has nothing to do with this conversation other than God created science.
So god invented science but satan invented evil?

But god invented satan, right?

So god invented evil.

Your god is an awfully poor planner.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#16922 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So Syria is a hotbed of Atheism? Don't you mean that many Syrians are not your preferred flavour of muslim?
Every time a muslim state fails we should seal the border, put a load of food and medicine (including the sort that Pakistani muslims use as an excuse to kill nurses) on that border, put a no fly zone over the top and leave well alone.
The muslim on muslim casualty rates in Syria suggest the same death rates would've have happened in Iraq without Bush/Blair. This time muslims will have to blame only themselves.
Whenever there is a power vacuum, muslims kill each other. I wish they didn't, but they do.
<quoted text>
It is Western atheists who support the wahhabis
That means you
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#16923 Jun 18, 2013
Didn't realise GWB was an Atheist!

Not me, I think all islamists are tw*ts.
Don't you agree that all islamists are tw*ts?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Western atheists who support the wahhabis
That means you

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16924 Jun 18, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the ISP numbers and our locartions to prove it. Diana La Strega says you can. You're proving her to be the liar.
I don't know how to do that-- nor do I care.

There are many ways to spoof the ISP-- and with your level of systematic HATE?

I have no doubts that you know how to spoof the ISP, due to you being banned so frequently.

How ELSE would you get your hate-fix, if you could not post your hate every day?

The **fact** that your sock is NEW, is pretty much proof you were banned recently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min One way or another 48,531
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 2 hr Uncle Sam 15
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 23,503
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 hr Rosa_Winkel 21,866
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Dec 2 Scaritual 14
More from around the web