Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16856 Jun 17, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that scared of punishment that you cannot say his name.
Say it, John Lennon, it's easy if you try, because there is no hell below you and above is only sky.
John Lennon is the king of Rock and roll and was also a prophet. His album Shaved Fish was the theme for the Messiahs public declaration of divinity 29 1/2 years ago and he was instrumental in ending the Cold War. Milk and Honey was released in Dec. 1983, 3 years after his death and was also prophetic. "Strange days" and "I'm stepping out". The prophets in the OT prophecied with music. "The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song" Believe me, he went to heaven and is still composing.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16857 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so stupid. Atheism means nothing about the other 'gods'. You just throw that in as a diversion tactic. Those 'gods' have no power. My God does. He will be the One that you will knee walk up to begging for mercy at your dreaded Judgement.
We all know you believe in our God, the only God. You just created a title for yourself to create the illusion that if you claim He doesn't exist enough, that He will go away.
You fail.
All of us face one judgment, when we die. There are not multiple judgments as described in Christianity. We are all the authors of our own fate and it depends on the condition of our soul (body) when we die as to where we will end up. Most of us don't know when we will die, so it's best to live every moment like it's our last. If we die in sin, we will die in our sin.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16858 Jun 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>John Lennon is the king of Rock and roll and was also a prophet. His album Shaved Fish was the theme for the Messiahs public declaration of divinity 29 1/2 years ago and he was instrumental in ending the Cold War. Milk and Honey was released in Dec. 1983, 3 years after his death and was also prophetic. "Strange days" and "I'm stepping out". The prophets in the OT prophecied with music. "The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song" Believe me, he went to heaven and is still composing.
Shut up, you boring Poe.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16859 Jun 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, you boring Poe.
Why do you think I am a Poe? I'm not even sure exactly what that means but I think it means I'm a fake or pretending to be something I'm not. I am who I AM and you're committing an unforgiveable sin. If you quit right now, I'll forgive you. Otherwise, you're going to hell, I swear.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16860 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how quick you are to lie. First thing athetards do is blame God for everything . How can a God you claim does not exist do something bad?
Another stupid creationist who does not understand that atheists disbelieve not deny

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16861 Jun 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>All of us face one judgment, when we die. There are not multiple judgments as described in Christianity. We are all the authors of our own fate and it depends on the condition of our soul (body) when we die as to where we will end up. Most of us don't know when we will die, so it's best to live every moment like it's our last. If we die in sin, we will die in our sin.
There no such thing as a soul, sin or god. you are lying again

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#16862 Jun 17, 2013
Do people really have to be that ignorant when someone else states their opinion? She can believe what she wants, now leave her alone about it. I personally think what she said was very touching about Lennon. He was a good man and though he made many bad decisions throughout his life, he was a good person deep inside.

There are good and bad religious people, just like there are good and bad atheists. Does this mean we have to persecute every single religious person who comes on here and voices their opinion? No, we shouldn't be doing that unless they are persecuting us.

If they just state their opinion without attacking us, why must we attack them? Susan, I really enjoyed looking at your posts.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16863 Jun 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There no such thing as a soul, sin or god. you are lying again
The soul is simply the body, Man doesn't have a soul, he is a soul. What I think you mean is spirit. Where does the energy in our body go after we die? It changes form and we lose weight and heat. "Sin" just means wrongdoing. Dou you think murder is wrong? And if not, why does our society punish people for it? We will know there is a God when God visits the earth.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16864 Jun 17, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Do people really have to be that ignorant when someone else states their opinion? She can believe what she wants, now leave her alone about it. I personally think what she said was very touching about Lennon. He was a good man and though he made many bad decisions throughout his life, he was a good person deep inside.
There are good and bad religious people, just like there are good and bad atheists. Does this mean we have to persecute every single religious person who comes on here and voices their opinion? No, we shouldn't be doing that unless they are persecuting us.
If they just state their opinion without attacking us, why must we attack them? Susan, I really enjoyed looking at your posts.
Thank you Le.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16865 Jun 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think I am a Poe? I'm not even sure exactly what that means but I think it means I'm a fake or pretending to be something I'm not. I am who I AM and you're committing an unforgiveable sin. If you quit right now, I'll forgive you. Otherwise, you're going to hell, I swear.
There are two choices - you are either completely batshit crazy or you are a Poe.

You have stated repeatedly that you are not crazy.

Ergo - you are a Poe.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#16866 Jun 17, 2013
Might be of interest to US non-believers...
http://www.aaaboston2013.com/home.html
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#16867 Jun 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two choices - you are either completely batshit crazy or you are a Poe.
You have stated repeatedly that you are not crazy.
Ergo - you are a Poe.
Wrong, JT. I have stated repeatedly that I AM crazy. You are confusing me with someone else I'll say it again. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh". You have to be crazy to believe what I believe, even if you're right. I've seen the same psychiatrist for over 36 years, he's Jewish and he believes in me. He's Elijah my savior. I take my meds and have been deemed well by all doctors I've encountered.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16868 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting your desire to kill Christians.
Nope. I live and let live.

Unlike you hate-cultists-- you people used to MURDER my people, as often as you could, back when you were IN CHARGE.

You'd murder us NOW, if you could.
atheism is evil wrote:
I would almost wager you've already done so.
I bet **YOU** have beaten up many non-Christians-- or anyone you THINK wasn't a "real christian".

You have that bully attitude thing going.

I've witnessed such bullying by you Genuine Christholes™ many times over, growing up...

... it is literally a way to tell you people are around.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16869 Jun 17, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Same old, same old, huh. I see a certain troll has gotten another account.....
Yep.

Same ugly posts as before.

Same ugly lies (faith) too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16870 Jun 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw your lie.
You said, and I quote: "I do not want you to be saved"

You also said, "I don't want you, god doesn't either"

That's hate, bub.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16871 Jun 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
They know they have ZERO proof against God
You have PROOF of your ugly godling?

No?

There you go!

Atheism for the win.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16872 Jun 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calling God a liar.
Yes-- because YOU are a liar, and your god ONLY exists within your ugly imagination.

So yeah-- your imaginary god IS a liar.

Because YOU are.

This is obvious.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16873 Jun 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is better?
Yes. Much better than ANYPLACE YOU WILL BE.

Much, MUCH better.

You are too full of hate, you see...

...but you ARE a CREDIT to your hate-cult....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16874 Jun 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're preaching Satanism.
But your satan is your **favorite!**

You preach more of satan than any other godling!

<laughing my azz off at you>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16875 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!
You wrote it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min 0smius 87,318
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Feb 17 superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web