Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,938

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16748 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to understand what atheism is and hence judge it.
MUQ is trying to tell us that religion is necessary for human morals/lifestyles and his belief faith is useful in keeping all in order. However, many muslims rely on "Allah is all merciful when deviating from "rules". MUQ fails to understand that secualr governance via modern laws based on thoughtful human endeavour are more effective in promoting civilized and progressive actions.

How come 99% atheists I meet are far better lot than most who are deep into a religion dogma?

MUQ's alloting of the attributes of a religion to Atheism is patently wrong and he knows it. I believe he jist cannot get off the horse or his livlihood depends on it.

However, I met a couple of atheists who viewed atheism as a "church" of a sort. Atheism is a thoughtful concusion of those wholooked for evidence of God as propagated by religions and failed to detect it. When I told few atheists that one cannot close book on GOD completely since we do not know all mystries of everything existing (including life and striving of biological and physical life) they agreed that it is right to say that "probably there is no GOD". Hence amongst atheists there are few who are not in "no GOD" camp. What 100% Atheists agree upon is that all religions are of human construct beyond doubt.

NB: Conceptual GOD then cannot be of any form, gender, etc that we human can ever envisage. Religions got it wrong. Humans evolved believing and hence belief in religion is healthy for human psychology of human indivuduals. MUQ calls his belief as "truth" and that sort of propaganda and belief is harmful to humans and their well being.

Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16749 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.
The topic of thread is "Atheism will replace religions by 2038".
How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?
How there is no God will replace belief in God?
How can a "No positive definition" will replace "Positive definition"?
How can Vacuum replace any space?
Can anarchy replace Law and Order?
I am amazed at the childish answers I am getting to my basic questions.!!
Can any building without any foundation stand?
MUQ, your definition of "positive" here beggars belief! Analogies you provided are absurd. Law and order? Go and advice Boko Harram in Nigeria! You friend Zakir Naik has just visited Nigeria and I bet it is the last thing he did! Foundation on lies like "Adam, etc " fairy tales are not worth preserving.
Who is being deviously childish? OH! MUQ!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16750 Jun 15, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres a valid question.....
Why do you a poofter try and palm yourself off as a woman (and a rather unconvincing one at that)?
Poof
So, you're still an idiot as well.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16751 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.
How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?
That's funny... coming from a theist... about atheists.

Every last bit of is TOP GRADE irony.

Can't you see? >>> We feel pretty much same way about religion. Almost exactly the same way.

Just so ya know!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16752 Jun 15, 2013
/of it is/
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#16754 Jun 15, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is already in the process of replacing religion. Slowly, people are starting to throw away old age superstitions in place of real facts.
Without religious superstitions atheism is as useful a term as apixie-ism, believing in the existance of gods and pixies being about equally sensible.

Humanity is just a few billion people travelling through space-time and beginning to learn about our enviroment and origins. Instead of looking backwards, arguing about which is the 'correct god and religion', humanity needs to abandon the last bastion of superstition (i.e religions) and focus on where we're going.
JMHO

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16755 Jun 15, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Without religious superstitions atheism is as useful a term as apixie-ism, believing in the existance of gods and pixies being about equally sensible.
Humanity is just a few billion people travelling through space-time and beginning to learn about our enviroment and origins. Instead of looking backwards, arguing about which is the 'correct god and religion', humanity needs to abandon the last bastion of superstition (i.e religions) and focus on where we're going.
JMHO
It is time for the species to grow and get rid of childish things.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#16756 Jun 15, 2013
Agreed
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>It is time for the species to grow and get rid of childish things.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16757 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pulling sinners from the fire. That's not hatred.
But you admitted you are not actually DOING that...!

You said, and I quote: "I do not want you to be saved"

You also said, "I don't want you, god doesn't either"

That's hate, bub.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16758 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone.
Lie.

See my previous post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16759 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think a Christian would be more inclined to push Heaven instead of... well...
You know the drill.
Yes.

From his near-constant mention of his devil, I've come to realize that his devil must be his favorite.

Amusing, really.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#16760 Jun 15, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You want more but it's not there. It really is as simple as he said... An Atheist is just not a theist. Doesn't believe in any gods.
If he does not believe in gods, what he believes in? That is a Trillion Dollar Question?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16763 Jun 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
More dishonesty from your neighborhood atheist.
Give it up DollarsBill-- we know it's you.
Lincoln

United States

#16764 Jun 15, 2013

Supreme Court will take up prayer

Is it OK to say a little prayer before a meeting of the city council, a township board, the school board or the county board of commissioners?

The U.S. Supreme Court might provide an answer in a case it will hear this year that comes to it from Greece, N.Y. As with many of these issues — Nativity scenes on courthouse lawns, the Ten Commandments on public school walls — the proper administration of the First Amendment gets tossed in several directions and can be used with confidence by both sides of the argument.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the exercise thereof” is the way the writers of the Constitution dealt with it. Many were keenly aware of and quite wary of the havoc caused by the mix of government and religion in the Europe they and their families had left behind.

So what does it mean? Most people accept that there can be no official government religion. That a person can’t be forced to practice a religious belief, or be punished for practicing a different belief or none at all.

Yet many are comfortable with the idea that this is not only a religious country but a predominantly Christian one. It should be safe to practice any other belief, they say, but there is nothing wrong with espousing the Christian values shared by most of the Founders (although some historians would point out that some Founders, while believing in a Divine Spirit, were not necessarily Christian.)

What’s wrong, then, with singing Christmas carols and having other religious symbols in schools where the community is predominantly Christian? Why can’t there be a Nativity scene on public property? Who is hurt if a member of the clergy or even the mayor opens each meeting with a prayer?

Do these actions really establish a state religion? Are they coercive for non-Christians?

The arguments for keeping religious practice out of government are persuasive. Children whose parents are Jewish, Muslim or nonbelievers shouldn’t get a message in school that their beliefs don’t conform to the “right” religion. Taxpayers shouldn’t have to fund functions that praise a religion they don’t share.

Courts have often ruled against government-related religious displays, but the premeeting prayer is an exception. Congress opens its sessions with a prayer, and so do some local government meetings, such as the one in Greece.

By taking this case, the court could decide if the practice should be allowed or banned. David Skeel, a law professor at the University of Pennsylvania, has a different theory. Writing in the Wall Street Journal, Skeel suspects the court will provide two options: either a opening prayer that is not openly sectarian, or a system where a variety of speakers from many religions are invited to give the opening prayer.

While some believe that the separation of church and state should be absolute, Skeel reminds them that the First Amendment was written by people who “were regularly bowing in prayer.”

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/201306...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16765 Jun 15, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are contradicting yourself. You keep saying God is HATE, but with the above comment you just made, you are implying that to be good , one should want a person to be saved and wanted by God.
Indeed-- your ugly hate-cult is full of contradictions.

And I just pointed out two.

Your hate is still showing, DollarsBill.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#16766 Jun 15, 2013
Reality, people. Innovations.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If he does not believe in gods, what he believes in? That is a Trillion Dollar Question?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16767 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Religion will disappear, and there will be no religions.
The gods will dissapear, and there will be no gods.
The buildings* will dissapear, there will be no buildings*.

* interchange buildings with gods or religions.

Atheism is no building, no religion, no gods.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16768 Jun 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does not believe in gods, what he believes in? That is a Trillion Dollar Question?
Real stuff. He believes in trees. Trillion dollars, please.
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16769 Jun 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Atheist do not believe in GOD that does not mean they believe in any book's DEVIL either. I happen to believe in GOD but no religions. Many Atheists DO NOT believe in the notion of GOD or religions and they do not want to speculate on the nature of the origins of things as we find. Some Atheists ,however, do not rule out GOD like power. They are then of my view that GOD cannot possibly be as concocted by all religions and that sort of beliefs of humans. These concocted things are human specis and culture centric since they have been invented by Johhny come lately Homo Sapien sub-species since it got lucky in evolutionary terms (did have to go through costly hoops and challenges in the process) and had a bigger and more complex brain at the sub-specis' disposal.

NB:I believe that those who spread lies knowingly are real EVIL ones.
OH! MUQ!
Lincoln LCN

United States

#16770 Jun 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion will disappear, and there will be no religions.
The gods will dissapear, and there will be no gods.
The buildings* will dissapear, there will be no buildings*.
* interchange buildings with gods or religions.
Atheism is no building, no religion, no gods.
Why are you posting if "religion will disappear"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min KiMare 228,632
Our world came from nothing? 46 min Thinking 739
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 1,041
Atheists, where do these demons come from? 1 hr Thinking 2
Heaven 3 hr Thinking 11
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 5,940
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Thinking 155

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE