Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16739 Jun 15, 2013
PS:

Will just calling me names, provide answer to the questions?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#16740 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you support terrorism.
God sounds more like a serial killer than a terrorist. Unlike most serial killers, he supposedly has the power to harm the whole universe(according to Godbots) The reason being that terrorists usually have some objective in mind, whereas serial killers kill for pure fun. The God of the bible kills for the latter reason.
According to the story of the Exodus, God ordered Moses to lead the Jews out of slavery, but he hardens the heart of Pharoah against them. Only some type of deranged maniac would do something like that.
According to the bible, women are forever condemned to go through a painful pregnancy, because of the sin of one woman.
According to the buybull, god kills the kids of Job, so that he could show the devil how loyal Job is. According to the bible, God orders Abraham to kill his son, then waits to the last minute to give a reprieve. This fact makes God more compatible to Nero, Caligula, and Ivan the Terrible, than to Osama Bin Laden.
I just read a story of one serial killer who claimed that he was targeting all the bad women, but proceeded to target women of good character as well, showing that he just hated women over all. The same could be said of the xtian God(assuming he is real, which we know he is not) AS the bible states, God is the creator of good and evil. So there is no way we can be on his good or bad side.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#16741 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.
The topic of thread is "Atheism will replace religions by 2038".
How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?
How there is no God will replace belief in God?
How can a "No positive definition" will replace "Positive definition"?
How can Vacuum replace any space?
Can anarchy replace Law and Order?
I am amazed at the childish answers I am getting to my basic questions.!!
Can any building without any foundation stand?
Atheism is already in the process of replacing religion. Slowly, people are starting to throw away old age superstitions in place of real facts.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16742 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Speaking of question:-

Why do you support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?

Are you just going to ignore me or just run away like the coward you are?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16743 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Tell you what, when you posit some real and valid questions, I will stop calling you names, until then you are an idiot.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16744 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, when you posit some real and valid questions, I will stop calling you names, until then you are an idiot.
Well then I guess he is an idiot .... forever and forever.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#16745 Jun 15, 2013
With reason.
MUQ wrote:
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.

How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16747 Jun 15, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres a valid question.....
Why do you a poofter try and palm yourself off as a woman (and a rather unconvincing one at that)?
Poof
Reported
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16748 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to understand what atheism is and hence judge it.
MUQ is trying to tell us that religion is necessary for human morals/lifestyles and his belief faith is useful in keeping all in order. However, many muslims rely on "Allah is all merciful when deviating from "rules". MUQ fails to understand that secualr governance via modern laws based on thoughtful human endeavour are more effective in promoting civilized and progressive actions.

How come 99% atheists I meet are far better lot than most who are deep into a religion dogma?

MUQ's alloting of the attributes of a religion to Atheism is patently wrong and he knows it. I believe he jist cannot get off the horse or his livlihood depends on it.

However, I met a couple of atheists who viewed atheism as a "church" of a sort. Atheism is a thoughtful concusion of those wholooked for evidence of God as propagated by religions and failed to detect it. When I told few atheists that one cannot close book on GOD completely since we do not know all mystries of everything existing (including life and striving of biological and physical life) they agreed that it is right to say that "probably there is no GOD". Hence amongst atheists there are few who are not in "no GOD" camp. What 100% Atheists agree upon is that all religions are of human construct beyond doubt.

NB: Conceptual GOD then cannot be of any form, gender, etc that we human can ever envisage. Religions got it wrong. Humans evolved believing and hence belief in religion is healthy for human psychology of human indivuduals. MUQ calls his belief as "truth" and that sort of propaganda and belief is harmful to humans and their well being.

Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16749 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
MUQ, your definition of "positive" here beggars belief! Analogies you provided are absurd. Law and order? Go and advice Boko Harram in Nigeria! You friend Zakir Naik has just visited Nigeria and I bet it is the last thing he did! Foundation on lies like "Adam, etc " fairy tales are not worth preserving.
Who is being deviously childish? OH! MUQ!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16750 Jun 15, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres a valid question.....
Why do you a poofter try and palm yourself off as a woman (and a rather unconvincing one at that)?
Poof
So, you're still an idiot as well.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16751 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
That's funny... coming from a theist... about atheists.

Every last bit of is TOP GRADE irony.

Can't you see? >>> We feel pretty much same way about religion. Almost exactly the same way.

Just so ya know!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16752 Jun 15, 2013
/of it is/
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#16754 Jun 15, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is already in the process of replacing religion. Slowly, people are starting to throw away old age superstitions in place of real facts.
Without religious superstitions atheism is as useful a term as apixie-ism, believing in the existance of gods and pixies being about equally sensible.

Humanity is just a few billion people travelling through space-time and beginning to learn about our enviroment and origins. Instead of looking backwards, arguing about which is the 'correct god and religion', humanity needs to abandon the last bastion of superstition (i.e religions) and focus on where we're going.
JMHO

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16755 Jun 15, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Without religious superstitions atheism is as useful a term as apixie-ism, believing in the existance of gods and pixies being about equally sensible.
Humanity is just a few billion people travelling through space-time and beginning to learn about our enviroment and origins. Instead of looking backwards, arguing about which is the 'correct god and religion', humanity needs to abandon the last bastion of superstition (i.e religions) and focus on where we're going.
JMHO
It is time for the species to grow and get rid of childish things.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#16756 Jun 15, 2013
Agreed
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>It is time for the species to grow and get rid of childish things.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16757 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pulling sinners from the fire. That's not hatred.
But you admitted you are not actually DOING that...!

You said, and I quote: "I do not want you to be saved"

You also said, "I don't want you, god doesn't either"

That's hate, bub.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16758 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone.
Lie.

See my previous post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16759 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think a Christian would be more inclined to push Heaven instead of... well...
You know the drill.
Yes.

From his near-constant mention of his devil, I've come to realize that his devil must be his favorite.

Amusing, really.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16760 Jun 15, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You want more but it's not there. It really is as simple as he said... An Atheist is just not a theist. Doesn't believe in any gods.
If he does not believe in gods, what he believes in? That is a Trillion Dollar Question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 18 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,194
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 1 hr Frindly 1,191
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr tongangodz 4,953
High School Atheism 5 hr Eagle 12 - 37
How Do You Debate? 5 hr blacklagoon 3 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Dogen 83,810
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sun Reason Personified 60
More from around the web