Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16728 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hated you I wouldn't tell you you are going to Hell. I'd just let you go.
Why [would you let me go]?

For what reason [would you hate me]?

For calling you a hypocrite?

Really?

That's really the only assertion I've made about you where one should be aware, before hand,to the offensiveness inherent in one's comments/posts.

(btw... I was aware)

The problem for you...

...is that...

It's true.

Something else? Another reason?

Question:

Would you consider it as "offensive"... in any way... even just a little?... if I said to you, "Go to Hell!"..?

If I said it for no real reason? That is to say... nothing that should warrant a punishment that extreme?

You aren't telling me TO GO to Hell...

You're telling me I AM GOING to Hell.

For no real reason (that I'm aware of).

The worst possible thing person A could say to person B... that is, if person A is a Christian.

And you said it and you are.

Reason? Can you give me something specific?

Nope! Yes?

...so...

(((Phuck YOU!)))

I mean that in the nicest possible way!

Got nuttin' but "luv" 4 ya!

Only trying to help.

I will if you let me.

=)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16729 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a definition of Athiesm, it is what they deny.
It has also been told to you dozens of times.
A negation is not the definition of any thing, it should also contain some Positive statements also.
Like we Muslims say "There is no deity (worth worshipping)" This is negation part, if we stop at it, it will be no message at all (Like you atheists)....then we affirm "Except Allah"!!
And we further add "And Mohammad is His Messenger"!!
This is what I will call a complete definition.
Just saying there is no God, there is no God is half the message, where is the other half?
What do athiests believe in?
Homosexuality?
Nudity?
Free Alcohol to every one?
Free drugs availability to every one?
No taxes?
No Laws?
No national boundaries?
No war?
You're too stupid to understand what atheism is and hence judge it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16730 Jun 15, 2013
BTW...

I don't believe you hate me.

"Hate" is a pretty strong word.

I could be wrong.

(about you)

(not about the word)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16731 Jun 15, 2013
We'll just have to wait and see.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16732 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a direct answer?
Is there a definition of Atheism on which all atheists agree?
The direct answers were in the post, and you could not read it as it was written. The answers to this post, you have gotten many times, and you have not been able to understand them either. You are deficient in the skills that it would take for you to understand the answers.

Atheism is the lack of a theistic "ism".

Atheist do not have a club, that we join to become atheist. We were born atheist, as all people are. Some of us were indoctrinated, some weren't. Those who were and rejected those god claims returned to being atheist, which is the natural and correct state of mankind.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16733 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh you are 100% spot on! He is doing great job at making Christians look like hateful, seething, miserable creatures who can't wait to lash out at those not like them.
I notice even the other Christians on the board won't go near him with a 20 foot pole.
<quoted text>
It happens.

Not our problem.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16734 Jun 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he would made a pretty good poster-child for antitheism.
One would think a Christian would be more inclined to push Heaven instead of... well...

You know the drill.
spider

Wilburton, UK

#16735 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Since evil encompasses the world I would say 'global', except Israel. Thought provoking.
1.Would that annihilation of one third of the worlds population fall within a certain age group ?

2. Why the exception for Israel, would the toll be higher or lower there ?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16736 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a definition of Athiesm, it is what they deny.
It has also been told to you dozens of times.
A negation is not the definition of any thing, it should also contain some Positive statements also.
Like we Muslims say "There is no deity (worth worshipping)" This is negation part, if we stop at it, it will be no message at all (Like you atheists)....then we affirm "Except Allah"!!
And we further add "And Mohammad is His Messenger"!!
This is what I will call a complete definition.
Just saying there is no God, there is no God is half the message, where is the other half?
What do athiests believe in?
Homosexuality?
Nudity?
Free Alcohol to every one?
Free drugs availability to every one?
No taxes?
No Laws?
No national boundaries?
No war?
You are an idiot. There is no message.
You are an idiot in a club, when you joined the club, you became a religitard idiot.

If an atheist joined an atheist club it would not be to become an atheist, that person is already an atheist, that means that there is no god god claim that he brings with him.

Every human being is born atheist, to become a theist they have to be indoctrinated. It is how you became Muslamic.

Atheist believe in many things, but we mostly believe in things that are real, but there are no rules, and there are no beliefs, in being an atheist.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#16737 Jun 15, 2013
Christholes say when Armageddon strikes the Jews in Israel who fall to their feet at Christians and beg for conversion will be saved. The rest die.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>1.Would that annihilation of one third of the worlds population fall within a certain age group ?

2. Why the exception for Israel, would the toll be higher or lower there ?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#16738 Jun 15, 2013
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.

The topic of thread is "Atheism will replace religions by 2038".

How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?

How there is no God will replace belief in God?

How can a "No positive definition" will replace "Positive definition"?

How can Vacuum replace any space?

Can anarchy replace Law and Order?

I am amazed at the childish answers I am getting to my basic questions.!!

Can any building without any foundation stand?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#16739 Jun 15, 2013
PS:

Will just calling me names, provide answer to the questions?

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#16740 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you support terrorism.
God sounds more like a serial killer than a terrorist. Unlike most serial killers, he supposedly has the power to harm the whole universe(according to Godbots) The reason being that terrorists usually have some objective in mind, whereas serial killers kill for pure fun. The God of the bible kills for the latter reason.
According to the story of the Exodus, God ordered Moses to lead the Jews out of slavery, but he hardens the heart of Pharoah against them. Only some type of deranged maniac would do something like that.
According to the bible, women are forever condemned to go through a painful pregnancy, because of the sin of one woman.
According to the buybull, god kills the kids of Job, so that he could show the devil how loyal Job is. According to the bible, God orders Abraham to kill his son, then waits to the last minute to give a reprieve. This fact makes God more compatible to Nero, Caligula, and Ivan the Terrible, than to Osama Bin Laden.
I just read a story of one serial killer who claimed that he was targeting all the bad women, but proceeded to target women of good character as well, showing that he just hated women over all. The same could be said of the xtian God(assuming he is real, which we know he is not) AS the bible states, God is the creator of good and evil. So there is no way we can be on his good or bad side.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#16741 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I am surprised at the lack of understanding of all these Super Brains who call them selves Atheists.
How something which only has a negative definition, would replace some thing positive?
Atheism is already in the process of replacing religion. Slowly, people are starting to throw away old age superstitions in place of real facts.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16742 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Speaking of question:-

Why do you support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls?

Are you just going to ignore me or just run away like the coward you are?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16743 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Tell you what, when you posit some real and valid questions, I will stop calling you names, until then you are an idiot.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16744 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, when you posit some real and valid questions, I will stop calling you names, until then you are an idiot.
Well then I guess he is an idiot .... forever and forever.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#16745 Jun 15, 2013
With reason.
MUQ wrote:

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16747 Jun 15, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres a valid question.....
Why do you a poofter try and palm yourself off as a woman (and a rather unconvincing one at that)?
Poof
Reported
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#16748 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to understand what atheism is and hence judge it.
MUQ is trying to tell us that religion is necessary for human morals/lifestyles and his belief faith is useful in keeping all in order. However, many muslims rely on "Allah is all merciful when deviating from "rules". MUQ fails to understand that secualr governance via modern laws based on thoughtful human endeavour are more effective in promoting civilized and progressive actions.

How come 99% atheists I meet are far better lot than most who are deep into a religion dogma?

MUQ's alloting of the attributes of a religion to Atheism is patently wrong and he knows it. I believe he jist cannot get off the horse or his livlihood depends on it.

However, I met a couple of atheists who viewed atheism as a "church" of a sort. Atheism is a thoughtful concusion of those wholooked for evidence of God as propagated by religions and failed to detect it. When I told few atheists that one cannot close book on GOD completely since we do not know all mystries of everything existing (including life and striving of biological and physical life) they agreed that it is right to say that "probably there is no GOD". Hence amongst atheists there are few who are not in "no GOD" camp. What 100% Atheists agree upon is that all religions are of human construct beyond doubt.

NB: Conceptual GOD then cannot be of any form, gender, etc that we human can ever envisage. Religions got it wrong. Humans evolved believing and hence belief in religion is healthy for human psychology of human indivuduals. MUQ calls his belief as "truth" and that sort of propaganda and belief is harmful to humans and their well being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Insults Are Easier 247,280
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min serfs up 12,509
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 22 min Shizle 53
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 34 min thetruth 4
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 48 min thetruth 47,770
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 8 hr thetruth 19
Proof of God for the Atheist 8 hr thetruth 100
More from around the web