Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,565

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Read more

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16686 Jun 14, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
I was infact offering further evidence that your all in your mind super being, has resulted in you becoming nothing other than a hate filled individual.
I don't hate anyone. But that's a common lie that God haters love to tell.

Location hidden

#16687 Jun 14, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
which is what christians have been saying every 6 months, for abut 2000 years.
bill, you're going to die of old age. nothing will happen, and when you die, you'll realize how much of a life you wasted waiting for an apocalypse that never happened.
live your life bill - don't hate it. your religion has it wrong.
This is the terminal generation. Hell on Earth is going to break lose.

Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Revelation 9:15 (NKJV)
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
spider

Lynn, UK

#16689 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If indeed you do not hate anyone, then I retract my statement in that matter,,,however, for you to admit that you support or follow a doctrine or belief that talks of non-followers or believers, suffering in an eternal state of pain and suffering merely for the fact they do not follow as you do,is a little odd.
By the way, I am not a god hater, It's just that I do not believe.
If you wish to believe thats fine with me, providing you extend to me the same courtesy to be otherwise.
Tiss odd however the amount of folks that have suffered and died over thousands of years in the name of one god or other.

Location hidden

#16690 Jun 14, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If indeed you do not hate anyone, then I retract my statement in that matter,,,
Thank you. Those who hate others are not Christians. It is forbidden by God. However, God is sovereign and not bound to what He commands for us.
spider

Lynn, UK

#16691 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the terminal generation. Hell on Earth is going to break lose.
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Revelation 9:15 (NKJV)
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
This destruction of a third of the worlds population,, is that to be an even global spread, or localised.

Location hidden

#16692 Jun 14, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
This destruction of a third of the worlds population,, is that to be an even global spread, or localised.
Good question. Since evil encompasses the world I would say 'global', except Israel. Thought provoking.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16693 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people they're going to burn in Hell is a common lie haters love to tell.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#16695 Jun 14, 2013
Exactly and it shows how Christianity spread. Through fear tactics.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>Telling people they're going to burn in Hell is a common lie haters love to tell.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16696 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Since evil encompasses the world I would say 'global', except Israel. Thought provoking.
Shamed prven creationist liar with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#16697 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people they're going to burn in Hell is a common lie haters love to tell.
Theists are largely stupid, dishonest f*cks. They invent, believe and enact evil, making life miserable for the rest of us.

And they do all this while taking no responsibility for their ignorance.
Lincoln

United States

#16698 Jun 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamed prven creationist liar with no proof of God.
Paranoia
LOL

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16699 Jun 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly and it shows how Christianity spread. Through fear tactics.
<quoted text>
The promise of reward isn't an effective arguing point for Christians like $bill (against people unlike $bill). Those sorts have no way of knowing if the person at the other end of an exchange is or isn't due said reward, not even face-to-face, let alone across the internet.

Thus the cliche >>> “Being a good person isn't enough to getchya into Heaven.”

If $bill's any indication, being a bad person won't getcha into Hell either.

Is $bill truly a “bad” person? Aside from all the fire and brimstone tripe... I dunno.

I've met better Christians though... face-to-face and on Topix.

$bill really needs to examine his method(s) if he expects gain any respect for himself and for his religion.

All he's doing now is driving people away... and that is a good thing.

The irony is almost literally palpable... is it not?

Location hidden

#16700 Jun 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia
LOL
Coming from the Creationist troll that stupidly last week thought GivemeLiberty & Skeptic were the same person!!!!
Lincoln

United States

#16701 Jun 14, 2013
Seems a good idea in the traditions of America

The six month anniversary of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School will be marked this Friday with private and public events.

The Newtown Interfaith Clergy Association has an event planned for Friday night at Fairfield Hills, where residents and visitors of all ages are invited to gather at the soccer fields at 7:30. The fields were the same location of vigils one week, and then two weeks after 12/14, when hundreds of people bundled in winter clothes, fighting tears and bracing temperatures, and cupping their hands around candles in an attempt to bring light into the dark.

This week’s vigil is being called a gathering, A Community-Wide Gathering For Healing and Hope-Building.

The event will be “a time of prayer, song, community and care,” according to organizers, on the six-month anniversary of 12/14. All are invited to share in a time of remembrance, hope, and healing.

“Members of the community including people representing town, school, and other local organizations including first responders and police” are planning to participate, according to Newtown Congregational Church Senior Pastor Matthew Crebbin. Members of the clergy will also participate.

“We will have representatives from the various churches including our Christian community and Islamic society, Jewish, and other faith traditions” all represented, he said this week.

Special events for Newtown residents have slowed in recent months, but they have continued. There have been fundraisers, concerts, dinners, marches and protests, and countless special events.

Residents have tried to be kind to each other, and others have made a point to wear special wristbands, or pins, or even a limited edition nail polish, in an effort to bond together, find strength, to heal.

Newtown’s clergy association has begun offering monthly interfaith gatherings. Friday, June 14, will be the first vigil, or prayer event, or solemn gathering specifically to mark an anniversary of 12/14 in a few months, however.

“I think we recognize that anniversaries bring up all kinds of feelings and emotions for people. What we recognize is that for some people, they would rather not even acknowledge an anniversary, and for others it’s very important to have something,” said Rev Crebbin.“For the clergy, we recognize that many people are in many different places for people on their journey.

“For some, the grief is still very, very raw. Others may be trying to figure out different ways to transition into what life after December 14 is all about,” he added.“What we’re trying to acknowledge is that we can all be in different places, but we are still a community. We are all on the same journey.”

All are welcome to Friday night’s event. Attendees should bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.

There will also be an opportunity for those gathered to add messages to banners that will be sent to Oklahoma, to send hope to those affected by last month’s fatal tornadoes.

In the event of rain, the gathering will be in the sanctuary of Newtown Congregational Church, at 14 West Street.

Louisville, KY

#16702 Jun 14, 2013
Oh you are 100% spot on! He is doing great job at making Christians look like hateful, seething, miserable creatures who can't wait to lash out at those not like them.

I notice even the other Christians on the board won't go near him with a 20 foot pole.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>The promise of reward isn't an effective arguing point for Christians like $bill (against people unlike $bill). Those sorts have no way of knowing if the person at the other end of an exchange is or isn't due said reward, not even face-to-face, let alone across the internet.

Thus the cliche >>> “Being a good person isn't enough to getchya into Heaven.”

If $bill's any indication, being a bad person won't getcha into Hell either.

Is $bill truly a “bad” person? Aside from all the fire and brimstone tripe... I dunno.

I've met better Christians though... face-to-face and on Topix.

$bill really needs to examine his method(s) if he expects gain any respect for himself and for his religion.

All he's doing now is driving people away... and that is a good thing.

The irony is almost literally palpable... is it not?

Louisville, KY

#16703 Jun 14, 2013
That was funny actually as you are in the UK and I am in the USA lol!

I guess his lack of reading skills failed him again eh?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from the Creationist troll that stupidly last week thought GivemeLiberty & Skeptic were the same person!!!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#16704 Jun 14, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The direct answers are there, that you can't see them are your malfunction. Seeing only that which you wish to see, leaves much unseen. Maybe you should learn to read what was written, and not what you want to be written.
Is this a direct answer?

Is there a definition of Atheism on which all atheists agree?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16705 Jun 14, 2013
idiot Savant wrote:
Faith is a device of self-delusion, a sleight of hand done with words and emotions founded on any irrational notion that can be dreamed up. Faith is the attempt to coerce truth to surrender to whim. In simple terms, it is trying to breath life into a lie by trying to outshine reality with the beauty of wishes. Faith is the refuge of fools, the ignorant, and the deluded, not of thinking, rational men
Nicely phrased.

And I agree with your analysis.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16706 Jun 14, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two ears but one mouth,,,I know why,,,but do you.
I suspect DollarsBilly is unaware of pretty much all of reality.

He appears to be living entirely in his land of delusions.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16707 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove your hate, with nearly every hate-post.

But that's okay-- we all know the truth: you REALLY love you your DEVIL.

That's why most of your posts are in praise of your devil's powers.

(all imaginary, of course....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 min Agents of Corruption 6,379
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 49 min The_Box 9,236
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Eagle 12 236,819
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 17,935
News Atheist monument to counter ten commandments (Jul '13) 3 hr thetruth 22
News The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr Patrick n Angela 1,109
News Confessions of a black atheist 8 hr Redefined 4
More from around the web