Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,171

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#16644 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. If you don't know who does?
Made up.

Thanks for providing the proof.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16645 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Mk 16 he that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
Puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16646 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof. You're still a liar.
You're a hypocrite.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16648 Jun 12, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>If he's there THAT would be hell!
BTW.. If you've read 5 of his posts, you've read them all.
I starting to see your point.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#16649 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The lost don't know they're wicked, "blinded" and "perishing".
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
I'm not lost, wicked, or blind.

I will eventually perish.

You will too.

Your god's a prick!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16650 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you interested in what the Bible says about you? It's about life or death, and Hell fire.
Where is the evidence that your god exists first? Then you can show the evidence that the bible is what it really wants accredited to it. Then we can talk about what it says. Until then, it's all a myth.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16651 Jun 12, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It is not my belief at all. Can you honestly tell me that the moon is not called "Luna", nor is it not considered a goddess. You know it is, and I know it is. I am not saying that the big round thing is a goddess. I am saying that there are people who say that it is. Flat out truth!
Now go back and read my posts, I never once claimed to believe it myself.
And BTW: Does earth have any more natural satellites, was I right about that too?
Sounding like MUQ really? Because you didn't understand what I wrote or was there another reason for that damned fool proclamation?
natural satellites? nothing big enough that would qualify as a moon for any intelligent purpose. or even an unintelligent purpose.

There sure is a lot of guff up there - if we launch theists into a high-earth orbit, we'd be fine - they won't die of course because their god will protect them. right?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16652 Jun 12, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
natural satellites? nothing big enough that would qualify as a moon for any intelligent purpose. or even an unintelligent purpose.
There sure is a lot of guff up there - if we launch theists into a high-earth orbit, we'd be fine - they won't die of course because their god will protect them. right?
No, because they'd have to use science to do that.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#16653 Jun 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam stands on its own foundations, there is nothing like Islam being third floor of a multistory building, the simile is wrong.
There always was only one religion that came from God, which is Islam. It were followers who left the main path and choose different names for their religion.
So these so called different religions are off shoots and not the main tree of islam.
If they become weak, no harm comes to islam.
Islam does not stand on its own foundation. If Mohammed is the "last" prophet, that implies there were others before him.

Does not Islam consider Jesus to be a prophet?

Or the dawn of Judaism and a single god back to Abraham?

It's like you are trying to tell me the elevators in the lobby of a building can only go up. Never mind that there is a basement or sub-floors for that is descending into darkness. And yet, your building can only stand because of that foundation.

And when the earth quakes of scrutiny shakes and collapses that foundation, what does that do to your building of Islam? Pray for a miracle for Islam to still stand?

Or can you learn from what has happened and rebuild a better building? Or will you rebuild it as it was because that's what your elders did and not even try to make it better?

If so, now that is what I'd call blasphemy.

Nehwon

#16654 Jun 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not make any one scumbags. When they came out of their mother's womb, they were as pure, as innocent as anyone else.
later they chose to reject the true message of God delivered thru the prophet and "Chose" for themselves that path of rebellion, rejecting the truth and accepting falsehood and their own vain desires.
So they made themselves scumbags , not God.
Free will argument.

With this, you are admitting God is not omniscient.

Or It is, but with It's divine plan allows "scumbags" to exist to fulfill the Divine plan.

So tell me how "Allah Akbar!" is again?

It's really starting to sound your God is a greater form of an Internet troll.

This only give more credence to the idea of a Demiurge. That all of the supreme Gods we have imagined, Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, etc. are a shadow of the "True" God.

And that "True" God just might be too busy smoking hashish and watching reruns of the dinosaur era.

Nehwon

#16655 Jun 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Atheism will replace religion?
A thing which cannot be even defined will replace things that are well defined.
It is like saying:
a. vacuum will replace the space filled with liquid.
b. No Laws and No rules will replace the laws and rules.
c. No voltage will replace all these HT and EHT lines.
d. Anarchy will replace the organized state.
e. Children born from "homosexual couples" shall replace the children born of "Normal couples"!!
What these Super Brains are leading us to?
f. A representative republic will replace the divine right of kings.

We've only tried that for a couple hundred years so far. The results are actually pretty impressive.

Give us the same time that religion has had to rule and let's see what happens.

At worst, we can only blame ourselves. In contrast to your side of begging forgiveness and who or what should we kill to atone for our sins.

Be interesting to hear what you might say when the "prophets" declare that -you- are to be the sacrifice.

Nehwon

#16656 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you not understand that God NEVER said He wants you???????? You are a child of eternal HELL FIRE!
The prophet has spoken.

I already suspected I'm going to hell and now this confirms it. I'm beyond redeemable in the dollarsbill eyes.

So now my choices seem to be: track down dollarsbill and the one he loves and destroy them or have a hedonistic party filled with sex, drugs and rock-n-roll.

I think I'll choose the latter for the outrage from the former will certainly cause a brain aneurism by all like minded.

So party it is!
Everyone is invited!
Even dollarsbill's children against his wishes!

Might as well get a taste of what heaven is like before I get sent to Hell and no party invitations.

Soooo, what is heaven like? Is there sex, drugs and rock-n-roll there? Or is it a formal black tie ceremonial tea party for all eternity? An everlasting basking in the light of God until your soul develops melanoma?

Scripture seems to be lacking what it will be like to be in heaven for a 1000 or 100,000 or a million or a billion or a trillion years.

We don't hear about what Abraham is thinking now.

Let's see what's on the calendar for tomorrow. Hmmm. Basking in the glory of god.

Again?!?

I wonder what Satan has planned? Rumor has it, Elvis is putting on a show. That'd be nice to see.

Nehwon

#16657 Jun 12, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Savages cannot conquer other savages. They just cancel one another out through wars and terrorism until the extinction of religions and atheism!
So let's see if this prediction is true! NO RELIGION OR ATHEISM ON PLANET EARTH?
Sounds like a peaceful planet to me!
Dude, you are so, like, so awesome! Is your newsletter free or do I have to, like, paypal you some monies or something?

I'd really like how you'd, like, allocate limited resources and stuff, and hear how you'll deal with the non-conformists to your ultimate peace plan.

If we can all agree to elect you as king of the world and obey your every decision, we'd be all set. That would be sweet!

Wait.

No.

You still owe me 20 bucks.

I think John, Paul or Ringo would be a better king.

Screw your newsletter and your post.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16658 Jun 12, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of that guff is our trash, but launching them, wh not ... why would they object to being fast tracked to heaven?

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#16659 Jun 13, 2013
David Hume wrote:
David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".
Still no proof of God, Gobbot.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#16660 Jun 13, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>MUQ: What mythology of ancient Romans and Greek And Arabs have to do with Islam?
R. P.: You ask stupid questions, why?
MUQ: This is the question I am asking and which you do not answer and keep feeding me with misinformation.
R. P.: You ask stupid questions, why?
MUQ: I am least interested about Luna, being goddess or not and her married life.
R. P.: Why do you say moon is married? Silly fool, big hunks of dirt and rock, don't marry, nor do they have daughters. Man has walked on the face of the moon, it is a hunk of rock
MUQ: Where in Islam you find moon being referred to as a female and having daughters?
R. P.: In Islam, I'd guess that any stupid thing is possible, but in the real world rocks don't have daughters, nor did I say that they do. That was all your foolish tripe.
How many marks you obtained in your class for direct answers to direct questions? Below Zero if your teachers were honest!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16661 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How many marks you obtained in your class for direct answers to direct questions? Below Zero if your teachers were honest!!
Are you running for the title of topix greatest hypocrite?

How many times have I asked you:-

Why will you not denounce the abuse, rape and murder of little girls caused by your religion?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16662 Jun 13, 2013
GM wrote:

Islam does not stand on its own foundation. If Mohammed is the "last" prophet, that implies there were others before him.

Does not Islam consider Jesus to be a prophet?

Or the dawn of Judaism and a single god back to Abraham?

It's like you are trying to tell me the elevators in the lobby of a building can only go up. Never mind that there is a basement or sub-floors for that is descending into darkness. And yet, your building can only stand because of that foundation.

And when the earth quakes of scrutiny shakes and collapses that foundation, what does that do to your building of Islam? Pray for a miracle for Islam to still stand?

O

Free will argument.

With this, you are admitting God is not omniscient.

Or It is, but with It's divine plan allows "scumbags" to exist to fulfill the Divine plan.

So tell me how "Allah Akbar!" is again?

It's really starting to sound your God is a greater form of an Internet troll.

And that "True" God just might be too busy smoking hashish and watching reruns of the dinosaur era.

f. A representative republic will replace the divine right of kings.

We've only tried that for a couple hundred years so far. The results are actually pretty impressive.

Ans.

A. Islam standing on its own foundations:

That does not mean that there were no prophets before the last prophet. Islam recognizes the personality and teachings of those prophets and says that all prophets preached the same message of Islam.

The followers of all past prophets were Muslims and Islam was the name of religion of all past prophets.

There were and there are good people in all past religions, but if read their scriptures, they would see that is prophesizes about the last prophet.

Quran and sayings of Last prophet combine all the good teachings of past prophets.

B. Islam's simile with Multi Story buildings:

The simile is not proper, but even if we agree, these "underground floors", are they not part of the same building, can any building stand, if we just remove these underground floors?

The proper simile of Islam is like a Grand and Powerful and Majestic tree. Its trunk and branches and leaves are above ground that provide shade, fruit and tranquility to every one under its cover.

While its roots go deep into the ground, gathering all the nutrition from the earth. The root are the "faith and article of beliefs" and Trunk is the Universal Brotherhood and branches and leaves are acts of good deed coming from individual muslims.

Allah Knows best.

03. Freewill:

How granting freewill to humans means God is not Omniscient? What sort of argument is this?

There is only one God in the universe. He might be known by many names in different languages. But to say that Jesus is God is blasphemy, because Jesus was a human and God is not human.

03. Rights of republic:

The knowledge of humans is limited and they cannot have the same foresight as their Creator, who is source of knowledge.

That is why we see human laws making U-turn many times. One thing is unlawful today, tomorrow it becomes legal and illegal day after tomorrow.

This dwindling is not present in laws made by Creator. They do not change because of whims and fancies of the rulers.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16663 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
That does not mean that there were no prophets before the last prophet. Islam recognizes the personality and teachings of those prophets and says that all prophets preached the same message of Islam.
The followers of all past prophets were Muslims and Islam was the name of religion of all past prophets.
There were and there are good people in all past religions, but if read their scriptures, they would see that is prophesizes about the last prophet.
Quran and sayings of Last prophet combine all the good teachings of past prophets.
The simile is not proper, but even if we agree, these "underground floors", are they not part of the same building, can any building stand, if we just remove these underground floors?
The proper simile of Islam is like a Grand and Powerful and Majestic tree. Its trunk and branches and leaves are above ground that provide shade, fruit and tranquility to every one under its cover.
While its roots go deep into the ground, gathering all the nutrition from the earth. The root are the "faith and article of beliefs" and Trunk is the Universal Brotherhood and branches and leaves are acts of good deed coming from individual muslims.
Allah Knows best.
03. Freewill:
How granting freewill to humans means God is not Omniscient? What sort of argument is this?
There is only one God in the universe. He might be known by many names in different languages. But to say that Jesus is God is blasphemy, because Jesus was a human and God is not human.
03. Rights of republic:
The knowledge of humans is limited and they cannot have the same foresight as their Creator, who is source of knowledge.
That is why we see human laws making U-turn many times. One thing is unlawful today, tomorrow it becomes legal and illegal day after tomorrow.
This dwindling is not present in laws made by Creator. They do not change because of whims and fancies of the rulers.
Islam standing on its own foundations:-

Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#16665 Jun 13, 2013
So why do muslims hack the pissflaps out of little girls?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Allah Knows best.
03. Freewill:
03. Rights of republic:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 21 min Save This Nation 2,210
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min Aura Mytha 232,701
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 13 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 13 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 14 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 16 hr ChristineM 366
More from around the web