Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#16656 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you not understand that God NEVER said He wants you???????? You are a child of eternal HELL FIRE!
The prophet has spoken.

I already suspected I'm going to hell and now this confirms it. I'm beyond redeemable in the dollarsbill eyes.

So now my choices seem to be: track down dollarsbill and the one he loves and destroy them or have a hedonistic party filled with sex, drugs and rock-n-roll.

I think I'll choose the latter for the outrage from the former will certainly cause a brain aneurism by all like minded.

So party it is!
Everyone is invited!
Even dollarsbill's children against his wishes!

Might as well get a taste of what heaven is like before I get sent to Hell and no party invitations.

Soooo, what is heaven like? Is there sex, drugs and rock-n-roll there? Or is it a formal black tie ceremonial tea party for all eternity? An everlasting basking in the light of God until your soul develops melanoma?

Scripture seems to be lacking what it will be like to be in heaven for a 1000 or 100,000 or a million or a billion or a trillion years.

We don't hear about what Abraham is thinking now.

Let's see what's on the calendar for tomorrow. Hmmm. Basking in the glory of god.

Again?!?

I wonder what Satan has planned? Rumor has it, Elvis is putting on a show. That'd be nice to see.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#16657 Jun 12, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Savages cannot conquer other savages. They just cancel one another out through wars and terrorism until the extinction of religions and atheism!
So let's see if this prediction is true! NO RELIGION OR ATHEISM ON PLANET EARTH?
Sounds like a peaceful planet to me!
Dude, you are so, like, so awesome! Is your newsletter free or do I have to, like, paypal you some monies or something?

I'd really like how you'd, like, allocate limited resources and stuff, and hear how you'll deal with the non-conformists to your ultimate peace plan.

If we can all agree to elect you as king of the world and obey your every decision, we'd be all set. That would be sweet!

Wait.

No.

You still owe me 20 bucks.

I think John, Paul or Ringo would be a better king.

Screw your newsletter and your post.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16658 Jun 12, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
natural satellites? nothing big enough that would qualify as a moon for any intelligent purpose. or even an unintelligent purpose.
There sure is a lot of guff up there - if we launch theists into a high-earth orbit, we'd be fine - they won't die of course because their god will protect them. right?
A lot of that guff is our trash, but launching them, wh not ... why would they object to being fast tracked to heaven?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#16659 Jun 13, 2013
David Hume wrote:
David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".
Still no proof of God, Gobbot.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16660 Jun 13, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>MUQ: What mythology of ancient Romans and Greek And Arabs have to do with Islam?
R. P.: You ask stupid questions, why?
MUQ: This is the question I am asking and which you do not answer and keep feeding me with misinformation.
R. P.: You ask stupid questions, why?
MUQ: I am least interested about Luna, being goddess or not and her married life.
R. P.: Why do you say moon is married? Silly fool, big hunks of dirt and rock, don't marry, nor do they have daughters. Man has walked on the face of the moon, it is a hunk of rock
MUQ: Where in Islam you find moon being referred to as a female and having daughters?
R. P.: In Islam, I'd guess that any stupid thing is possible, but in the real world rocks don't have daughters, nor did I say that they do. That was all your foolish tripe.
How many marks you obtained in your class for direct answers to direct questions? Below Zero if your teachers were honest!!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16661 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How many marks you obtained in your class for direct answers to direct questions? Below Zero if your teachers were honest!!
Are you running for the title of topix greatest hypocrite?

How many times have I asked you:-

Why will you not denounce the abuse, rape and murder of little girls caused by your religion?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#16662 Jun 13, 2013
GM wrote:

Islam does not stand on its own foundation. If Mohammed is the "last" prophet, that implies there were others before him.

Does not Islam consider Jesus to be a prophet?

Or the dawn of Judaism and a single god back to Abraham?

It's like you are trying to tell me the elevators in the lobby of a building can only go up. Never mind that there is a basement or sub-floors for that is descending into darkness. And yet, your building can only stand because of that foundation.

And when the earth quakes of scrutiny shakes and collapses that foundation, what does that do to your building of Islam? Pray for a miracle for Islam to still stand?

O

Free will argument.

With this, you are admitting God is not omniscient.

Or It is, but with It's divine plan allows "scumbags" to exist to fulfill the Divine plan.

So tell me how "Allah Akbar!" is again?

It's really starting to sound your God is a greater form of an Internet troll.

And that "True" God just might be too busy smoking hashish and watching reruns of the dinosaur era.

f. A representative republic will replace the divine right of kings.

We've only tried that for a couple hundred years so far. The results are actually pretty impressive.

Ans.

A. Islam standing on its own foundations:

That does not mean that there were no prophets before the last prophet. Islam recognizes the personality and teachings of those prophets and says that all prophets preached the same message of Islam.

The followers of all past prophets were Muslims and Islam was the name of religion of all past prophets.

There were and there are good people in all past religions, but if read their scriptures, they would see that is prophesizes about the last prophet.

Quran and sayings of Last prophet combine all the good teachings of past prophets.

B. Islam's simile with Multi Story buildings:

The simile is not proper, but even if we agree, these "underground floors", are they not part of the same building, can any building stand, if we just remove these underground floors?

The proper simile of Islam is like a Grand and Powerful and Majestic tree. Its trunk and branches and leaves are above ground that provide shade, fruit and tranquility to every one under its cover.

While its roots go deep into the ground, gathering all the nutrition from the earth. The root are the "faith and article of beliefs" and Trunk is the Universal Brotherhood and branches and leaves are acts of good deed coming from individual muslims.

Allah Knows best.

03. Freewill:

How granting freewill to humans means God is not Omniscient? What sort of argument is this?

There is only one God in the universe. He might be known by many names in different languages. But to say that Jesus is God is blasphemy, because Jesus was a human and God is not human.

03. Rights of republic:

The knowledge of humans is limited and they cannot have the same foresight as their Creator, who is source of knowledge.

That is why we see human laws making U-turn many times. One thing is unlawful today, tomorrow it becomes legal and illegal day after tomorrow.

This dwindling is not present in laws made by Creator. They do not change because of whims and fancies of the rulers.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16663 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
That does not mean that there were no prophets before the last prophet. Islam recognizes the personality and teachings of those prophets and says that all prophets preached the same message of Islam.
The followers of all past prophets were Muslims and Islam was the name of religion of all past prophets.
There were and there are good people in all past religions, but if read their scriptures, they would see that is prophesizes about the last prophet.
Quran and sayings of Last prophet combine all the good teachings of past prophets.
The simile is not proper, but even if we agree, these "underground floors", are they not part of the same building, can any building stand, if we just remove these underground floors?
The proper simile of Islam is like a Grand and Powerful and Majestic tree. Its trunk and branches and leaves are above ground that provide shade, fruit and tranquility to every one under its cover.
While its roots go deep into the ground, gathering all the nutrition from the earth. The root are the "faith and article of beliefs" and Trunk is the Universal Brotherhood and branches and leaves are acts of good deed coming from individual muslims.
Allah Knows best.
03. Freewill:
How granting freewill to humans means God is not Omniscient? What sort of argument is this?
There is only one God in the universe. He might be known by many names in different languages. But to say that Jesus is God is blasphemy, because Jesus was a human and God is not human.
03. Rights of republic:
The knowledge of humans is limited and they cannot have the same foresight as their Creator, who is source of knowledge.
That is why we see human laws making U-turn many times. One thing is unlawful today, tomorrow it becomes legal and illegal day after tomorrow.
This dwindling is not present in laws made by Creator. They do not change because of whims and fancies of the rulers.
Islam standing on its own foundations:-

Thinking

Poole, UK

#16665 Jun 13, 2013
So why do muslims hack the pissflaps out of little girls?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Allah Knows best.
03. Freewill:
03. Rights of republic:

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#16666 Jun 13, 2013
Lol!:)
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you are so, like, so awesome! Is your newsletter free or do I have to, like, paypal you some monies or something?

I'd really like how you'd, like, allocate limited resources and stuff, and hear how you'll deal with the non-conformists to your ultimate peace plan.

If we can all agree to elect you as king of the world and obey your every decision, we'd be all set. That would be sweet!

Wait.

No.

You still owe me 20 bucks.

I think John, Paul or Ringo would be a better king.

Screw your newsletter and your post.

Henderson, KY

#16667 Jun 13, 2013
Why do Muslims seem to have so much trouble acting like civilized clean human beings?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>How many marks you obtained in your class for direct answers to direct questions? Below Zero if your teachers were honest!!
Lincoln

United States

#16668 Jun 13, 2013
Does seem a moronic way of looking at things but then your post so often are moronic.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why do Muslims seem to have so much trouble acting like civilized clean human beings?
<quoted text>

Henderson, KY

#16669 Jun 13, 2013
That's just because you can't understand English.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Does seem a moronic way of looking at things but then your post so often are moronic.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16670 Jun 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone, but you sure have an ocean of lies in you. You are one mentally ill dude.
Says the lover of his favorite, the Devil.

Most amusing-- we all know better-- you hate me with every fibre of your being.

In fact? I would bet you $100 that you would SHOOT ME DEAD, if you get the chance....

... that is how much you hate non-christians.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16671 Jun 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the lover of his favorite, the Devil.
Most amusing-- we all know better-- you hate me with every fibre of your being.
In fact? I would bet you $100 that you would SHOOT ME DEAD, if you get the chance....
... that is how much you hate non-christians.
This is the terminal generation. Payday is soon Bob. They will find you. You'll cry like a baby when they find you.

"the furnace of fire"

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16672 Jun 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the terminal generation. Payday is soon Bob. They will find you. You'll cry like a baby when they find you.
"the furnace of fire"
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Ah yes, dollarsbill is getting all tingly again at the thought of his sociopathic god setting people on fire.

Dude, you're a freak.

Tell us again how you're not fixated on people you don't like burning in hell?
Lincoln

United States

#16673 Jun 13, 2013
In the News
A humanist organization sent a cease-and-desist letter to a Greenville County elementary school because of where they had their fifth-grade graduation and what was said during the ceremony.
According to the American Humanist Association, the graduation ceremony .........included two prayers.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/22574185/pra...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16674 Jun 13, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, dollarsbill is getting all tingly again at the thought of his sociopathic god setting people on fire.
Dude, you're a freak.
Tell us again how you're not fixated on people you don't like burning in hell?
I'm not the Author of the Bible. Just a messenger You do err. Be glad you're not hearing it direct from Jesus. When that happens your goose is truly cooked.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#16675 Jun 13, 2013
You are a spamtard.
Lincoln wrote:
In the News
A humanist organization sent a cease-and-desist letter to a Greenville County elementary school because of where they had their fifth-grade graduation and what was said during the ceremony.
According to the American Humanist Association, the graduation ceremony .........included two prayers.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/22574185/pra...

United States

#16676 Jun 13, 2013
Ya he has spammed that like 20 times now. I guess his church told him it means something.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You are a spamtard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min Subduction Zone 28,579
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 37 min Regolith Based Li... 3,517
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 67,076
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 18 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 18 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web