Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
15,181 - 15,200 of 21,504 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16013 May 24, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
:) Thats symbolic of the amount of evidence we have on the fabricated lives of the "prophets".
I beg to differ-- it's rather too much symbol, to go with the total lack of any (evidence).

A more fitting symbol would be the ASCII character 32 (decimal)...

<laughing>
Imhotep

Sweetwater, TN

#16014 May 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ-- it's rather too much symbol, to go with the total lack of any (evidence).
A more fitting symbol would be the ASCII character 32 (decimal)...
<laughing>
Give the poor sod a break Bob

He has trouble with each syllable!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16015 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This only shows your inhuman nature and that you have no regards for feelings of others.
That shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.
PS:
And your actions show that you have deep rooted inferiority complex and fear of islam and Muslims.
And doing all these things just to show off that you do not fear!!
And do you think you will lower the honor and regard and respect of his personality by doing these stupid acts?
I wonder why right thinking people in west are silent about this stupidity.
The feelings of others? This is coming from you? Do you take into consideration the feelings of the babies that you rape, or their mothers feelings, as they witness what the family's supposed protectors would do to the family?

Thighing shows your inhumane nature, and that you have no regards for the feelings of others. It shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

PS:

And your actions show that you have a deep rooted inferiority complex (fear of the power of woman) and a fear of Islam and it's maniacal pack of freak Muslims.

I do not wonder why sane people all over this planet, are silent about this stupidity. It is because they don't yet know what lesser animals you are.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16016 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.
What else I could expect from an Atheist , and in addition to being an Atheist, he / she is transfixed with "Thighs"!! A catch word!!
Are you planning on becoming human? Are you planning on renouncing thighing as both unnatural, and harmful acts against the weakest and most innocent of your peoples?

Do you have any intention of being less that a pervert? No, then learn to live with my condemnation of your insanity. I am not the one raping babies, it is you filthy pigs doing that, and I am "mean" for pointing out your pure evil?

And transfixed with "thighs"? It has nothing to do with any upper leg. So, no, it the practice that you baby rapers call "thighing", where-in your adult penises are used in and on babies as soon as they are born, in some cases. Call it what it is, you low-life pig, it is the willful molestataion of children and babies.
And you are guilty!
Lincoln

United States

#16017 May 24, 2013
Known by many as the world's most famous atheist, Richard Dawkins - author of The God Delusion - explained during a public discussion at Oxford University, that he does not think of himself as an atheist, but rather an agnostic.

The Telegraph reported on Monday that Richard Dawkins - although regularly labeled as one - does not consider himself an atheist.

In the open dialogue with Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, Dawkins also noted that in his book, The God Delusion, he never made the claim that he is certain that God does not exist.

When moderator, Sir Anthony Kennedy, made a remark insinuating that Dawkins had made such an argument, Dawkins quickly jumped in and corrected him.
"No, I don't. I don't. You were wrong when you said that. I constructed in the God Delusion a 7-point scale, of which 1 is 'I know God exists' and 7 is 'I know God doesn't exist' and I called myself a 6."
Kennedy then asked, "Why don't you call yourself an agnostic then?"
Dawkins replied, "I do."
Dawkins then explained that he believes there are gradations of agnosticism. He is of the opinion that there are agnostics who feel that although they cannot know, for sure, whether or not a God exists, they conclude -to their satisfaction - that there is a 50-50 chance there is, or isn't a God. Dawkins emphasized that he is no such agnostic.
Quite certain - although he set forth absolutely no research or statistical evidence to support his claim - Dawkins insists that it is highly improbable that God exists.
"I think the probability of any supernatural creator existing is very, very low, which is why I say I'm a 6.9"
One has to wonder, where does Dawkins derive such a "probability"? If he is so certain, why doesn't he just say he is a 7? What holds him back?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#16018 May 25, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Known by many as the world's most famous atheist, Richard Dawkins - author of The God Delusion - explained during a public discussion at Oxford University, that he does not think of himself as an atheist, but rather an agnostic.
The Telegraph reported on Monday that Richard Dawkins - although regularly labeled as one - does not consider himself an atheist.
In the open dialogue with Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, Dawkins also noted that in his book, The God Delusion, he never made the claim that he is certain that God does not exist.
When moderator, Sir Anthony Kennedy, made a remark insinuating that Dawkins had made such an argument, Dawkins quickly jumped in and corrected him.
"No, I don't. I don't. You were wrong when you said that. I constructed in the God Delusion a 7-point scale, of which 1 is 'I know God exists' and 7 is 'I know God doesn't exist' and I called myself a 6."
Dawkins replied, "I do."
Dawkins then explained that he believes there are gradations of agnosticism. He is of the opinion that there are agnostics who feel that although they cannot know, for sure, whether or not a God exists, they conclude -to their satisfaction - that there is a 50-50 chance there is, or isn't a God. Dawkins emphasized that he is no such agnostic.
Quite certain - although he set forth absolutely no research or statistical evidence to support his claim - Dawkins insists that it is highly improbable that God exists.
"I think the probability of any supernatural creator existing is very, very low, which is why I say I'm a 6.9"
One has to wonder, where does Dawkins derive such a "probability"? If he is so certain, why doesn't he just say he is a 7? What holds him back?
Creationists that attack Dawkins, do so because they cannot attack atheism.

It is easier for a person who lies about god, to try to move the focus upon a person, instead of the atheist argument.

Creationists want everyone to believe that atheists have a prophet, because it makes their cult lies easier to tell.

Of course we know that dishonesty gets you nowhere in the real world...
Lincoln

United States

#16019 May 25, 2013
Interesting views from Dawkins as an agnostic

If Dawkins is an agnostic how many other atheists prove to be agnostics when interviewed?

Location hidden

#16020 May 25, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Interesting views from Dawkins as an agnostic
If Dawkins is an agnostic how many other atheists prove to be agnostics when interviewed?
Lincoln doesn't realise that attacking Dawkins does not invalidate atheism.

All the while the creationist troll Lincoln has no proof of god to present and nothing of worth to share...
Imhotep

Sweetwater, TN

#16021 May 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln doesn't realise that attacking Dawkins does not invalidate atheism.
All the while the creationist troll Lincoln has no proof of god to present and nothing of worth to share...
Theists who believe in a divinely created Earth, and in the literal truth of the alleged 'holy book' aka the Bible containing 'hearsay' stories, written by primitive men, must reinterpret all new things discovered in light of the same source material.

The atheist will read this and then make a judgment if it warrants merit or outright rejection. They will not seek an apologist - they will use their own mind to determine the validity of the content. In short they will question anything and everything.

The literal theist, on the other hand, is forced to say ...
"Either that's a lie, it's wrong, or God is testing my faith by giving Me yet more contradictory evidence that on the surface seems telling but really doesn't mean anything."

“Reason and faith are opposites, two mutually exclusive terms: there is no reconciliation or common ground. Faith is belief without, or in spite of, reason.”~George H. Smith
Lincoln

United States

#16022 May 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists who believe in a divinely created Earth, and in the literal truth of the alleged 'holy book' aka the Bible containing 'hearsay' stories, written by primitive men, must reinterpret all new things discovered in light of the same source material.
The atheist will read this and then make a judgment if it warrants merit or outright rejection. They will not seek an apologist - they will use their own mind to determine the validity of the content. In short they will question anything and everything.
"Either that's a lie, it's wrong, or God is testing my faith by giving Me yet more contradictory evidence that on the surface seems telling but really doesn't mean anything."
“Reason and faith are opposites, two mutually exclusive terms: there is no reconciliation or common ground. Faith is belief without, or in spite of, reason.”~George H. Smith
Dawkins replied, "I do."
Agnostics are quite respectable people !!

Location hidden

#16023 May 25, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins replied, "I do."
The lying creationist weasel returns to spread his god-lies once again.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#16024 May 25, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins replied, "I do."
Some are - but I do not see the point in being a mere agnostic and saying one does not know and leaving it at that. Why doesn't one also have a guess or an opinion or a belief, and openly acknowledge it (unless one is in danger of being persecuted by true believers), without claiming to know it is true?
Again - Skeptic is not a typical atheist, and not even respectable in my view, since he falsely accuses and is nasty and personal, and claims to know there is no God and attacks anyone who does not think he is right (about his knowing!)
Those of us who are agnostic-atheists do not use silly formulas like a 50/50 chance. agnostic means not claiming to know - and that includes not claiming to know the odds! many agnostics are both agnostic and atheist in our views, the two go together very nicely. One whose attitude is one of not believing and not claiming to know is a very sensible and modest viewpoint, and does not need to insult others (unless they really ask for it by being arrogant and nasty like Skeptic does!)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#16025 May 25, 2013
has, not is, in last sentence - has a very sensible and modest viewpoint.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16026 May 25, 2013
NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one more example:

11: Cattle (Goat, Sheep, Cows and Camels) and Horse, Mule and Donkey

These are great gifts from God to us. It was He who has made them domesticated and how many benefits we drive from these cattles we do not fully realize.

They provide us with milk, and wool and carry heavy loads for us.

We use their meat, if it was not for Gift of God, we would be unable to digest their meat.

And if we include Horse also in that list, then that wonderful animal has done much for the warfare of humans in the past generations.

Donkeys and mules and other animals serve humans in different roles.

If it was not the mercy of God, we would be unable to use these animals in the way we do it.

But very few of us ever realize, what a great gift and mercy of our Creator are these cattles and animals, that we become Lord over them and treat them in not so good manner.

Please reflect on this great gift of God to us and try to thank Him, if you could.

How much money we spend and We thank Doctors and all others who helped us, but do we ever thank God for His Free Gift to us?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#16027 May 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".
So I will just give you one more example:
11: Cattle (Goat, Sheep, Cows and Camels) and Horse, Mule and Donkey
These are great gifts from God to us. It was He who has made them domesticated and how many benefits we drive from these cattles we do not fully realize.
They provide us with milk, and wool and carry heavy loads for us.
We use their meat, if it was not for Gift of God, we would be unable to digest their meat.
And if we include Horse also in that list, then that wonderful animal has done much for the warfare of humans in the past generations.
Donkeys and mules and other animals serve humans in different roles.
If it was not the mercy of God, we would be unable to use these animals in the way we do it.
But very few of us ever realize, what a great gift and mercy of our Creator are these cattles and animals, that we become Lord over them and treat them in not so good manner.
Please reflect on this great gift of God to us and try to thank Him, if you could.
How much money we spend and We thank Doctors and all others who helped us, but do we ever thank God for His Free Gift to us?
I will thank a god the day we are free of mentally sick people like you and your barbaric treatment of little girls.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#16028 May 25, 2013
So now you are back to mindlessly spamming from your scribd page? You have been warned about this several times. If you continue we will have no option but to report you for mass deletion.

As you have been told before you cannot assign deeds to this so called god of yours until you prove there is even a god in the first place. Perhaps you should start having an honest conversation instead of spamming the boards so you don't have you posts removed for violating the terms of service.
MUQ wrote:
Maggie May

Manchester, UK

#16029 May 25, 2013
Believe me, relgion will beat us all by 2030. And we all know which reigion don't we.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16030 May 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree: anyone who substitutes faith for reason?

Is literally insane, to a degree.

For most, the substitution is confined to a very limited sub-set of life: death.

And since death is the stopping of any and all brain activity, this substitution is mostly harmless.

Unfortunately, for some, the substitution encroaches on areas that really ought to be reason-based.

For example, there was a recent case, where parents substituted faith for modern medical science, and no-surprise? Two of their kids are now dead-- the state has finally declared them unfit parents, and removed the rest of their brood. Too late for two of them, though.

Then, there are folk like Lincoln: who not only substitute faith for reason? They substitute faith for *education* too!

They really ought to be confined to an insane asylum along with the Napoleon-pretenders and Elvis-wannabes. Before they hurt someone with their insanity....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16031 May 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the topic of this Thread?
"Atheism to replace religion by 2038"!!
Who is talking about replacement?
Atheists?
Blowing their own trumpet!!
PS:
And most countries where the "virus" of Atheism is growing faster are the earlier Christian countries.
I do not know if there is any connection between the two.
This post makes no sense as a reply to my question in response to your question.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#16032 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree: anyone who substitutes faith for reason?
Is literally insane, to a degree.
For most, the substitution is confined to a very limited sub-set of life: death.
And since death is the stopping of any and all brain activity, this substitution is mostly harmless.
Unfortunately, for some, the substitution encroaches on areas that really ought to be reason-based.
For example, there was a recent case, where parents substituted faith for modern medical science, and no-surprise? Two of their kids are now dead-- the state has finally declared them unfit parents, and removed the rest of their brood. Too late for two of them, though.
Then, there are folk like Lincoln: who not only substitute faith for reason? They substitute faith for *education* too!
They really ought to be confined to an insane asylum along with the Napoleon-pretenders and Elvis-wannabes. Before they hurt someone with their insanity....
I wholeheartedly agree with you Bob.

One thing is certain - most our hairbrained jesus roaches 'know not' of what they speak.

One would imagine if you're investing your life in something you would at least research it for authenticity.

Not a chance with these people.

But we need some form of humor And something to make fun of , With a huge dose of sarcasm for the never ending parade of straightmen - and they provide this in spades!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ultimate Evidence of God 15 min CunningLinguist 64
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min Patrick 226,389
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 6 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 8 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 8 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 9 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••