Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
15,161 - 15,180 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it-- a tiny dot. It's all he's worthy of, after all.
:) Thats symbolic of the amount of evidence we have on the fabricated lives of the "prophets".
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite. Osama BL's org Al-Q was behind it and the attackers were Islamists whom you seem to support.
<quoted text>This is the problem. When is a terrorist not a terrorist? There is no truly international agreement on what terrorism means leaving it a very subjective term.
A government cannot decide what individuals believe or what individuals think is the truth, but perhaps we can both essentially agree that only by democracy can we decide collectively what action should be taken?
Anything other than democracy might be similar to fascism with one sect, nation or group deciding that a political ideology is superior to other nations, religions or groups. In this respect your Islamism is fascist-like as you discount the value and validity of decisions by Western democratic governments. Admittedly western democracy is very imperfect, but it is far more responsive than leadership by theocracies like those in Tehran or the Roman Catholic Vatican. It is far superior to that in Russia where journalists are murdered when they're too effective in their criticism and other oppressive measure taken. Western democracy is at least based on freedom of speech and expression and all religions are treated equally. Treating people equally doesn't mean treating them the same. It means judging them by the same standards and applying the same rules to all. You try to raise your religion above others past and present. In reality, Islam is just one of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
Your version of Islam looks consistent in some ways with Al-Q, Nazi and Zionist thinking. What the world needs is mutual respect for all people, religious or not and that means keeping religion out of politics.
I agree with everything you have to say, except when it comes to democracy.

We live in a democtratic Britain. One where we can vote for local councillors and MPs who look and act like us. But the higher you go in the hierarchy of British politics, you tend to find that most Lords, all Peers, members of the QC and the Clergy are all from the elite classes. Privately educated, oxbridge graduates with little or no understanding of the middle or working classes.

The two major parties act as lone mavericks and ignore the British public on issues like school and hospital closures. They ignore us on immigration issues, they ignore us on whether Britain should go to war. They ignore us on whether we should deport hate preachers.

Democracy does not work in the way it should. The govt will always be run bu upper class twits who are more interested in secruing a lordship than serving the people
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in a democtratic Britain. One where we can vote for local councillors and MPs who look and act like us. But the higher you go in the hierarchy of British politics, you tend to find that most Lords, all Peers, members of the QC and the Clergy are all from the elite classes. Privately educated, oxbridge graduates with little or no understanding of the middle or working classes.
The two major parties act as lone mavericks and ignore the British public on issues like school and hospital closures. They ignore us on immigration issues, they ignore us on whether Britain should go to war. They ignore us on whether we should deport hate preachers.
Democracy does not work in the way it should. The govt will always be run bu upper class twits who are more interested in secruing a lordship than serving the people
Thanks for this reply CR.

I'm not sure if we see that entirely the same way as some of the worst politicians we have come from poor (or at least not privileged) backgrounds, for instance Gordon Brown, Eric Joyce, Elliot Morley, Jim Devine , David Chaytor and John Prescott. At least they're all well-inentioned (apart from the ones sent to jail!:-) and their power is limited.

However, I take your point and I did say our democracy is very imperfect. So is our education system and the citizens it produces.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree to kill babies, RaisinPenisFried.
That's worse.
Really, if I had agreed to murder any child, I think that some DA, would have some pretty serious charges against me. I think that if have some evidence against me, you should hand it over to the local authorities. ASAP!

Now it may be OK, in your book for him to practice thighing babies, but as far as I am concerned, his penis in the mouth of his brothers son, on the day that child is born, is cause for an execution.

The oral, anal or vaginal rape of any newborn, infant, toddler or child, male or female is a disgusting act that could only be carried out by the moral equivalent of a demented hog. Make no mistake, for that hogs death, I would cast a positive vote.

Shriveled testes and fried dick still on your mind, eh? Do you skin and fillet them, or do you fry them whole?

You do know that the addition of raisins to a certain dish, gives it the name Spotted Dick, don't you?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The post has your "signature" word!!
Thanks for being Authentic!!
Now I can ignore it!!
.. but as long as I live, I will continue to out the perversion that you live.

Thighing is a monstrously horrible and inhumane way to treat a child. If there was a creator, it would be a slap in it's face that you would treat it's youngest and most vulnerable creations in such a manner.

Mohamed was a pedophile who tricked your forefathers into letting him rape their children, and then he convinced them to join him in fucking the families babies.

If it were only him raping children, someone would wake the fuck up, and say aloud "IT IS WRONG!", but when everyman in the town drops trou at every birthing, no one can say, it is wrong without saying that he too was wrong.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.
Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.
02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.
Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.
Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.
Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
Dumazzz! No god, equals no Satan either. They are from the same book, and the book is a fairy tale. Not a very good one, but still a fairy tale.
There is no need for a replacement, when nothing is there, it is just that. Nothing is there.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you missed out on Draw Moohumud Day.
I'd like to contribute my picture of Moohumud:
That's it-- a tiny dot. It's all he's worthy of, after all.
This only shows your inhuman nature and that you have no regards for feelings of others.

That shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

PS:

And your actions show that you have deep rooted inferiority complex and fear of islam and Muslims.

And doing all these things just to show off that you do not fear!!

And do you think you will lower the honor and regard and respect of his personality by doing these stupid acts?

I wonder why right thinking people in west are silent about this stupidity.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one more example:

10: Mountains:

We look at the mountains in awe and feel our weakness in front of these giants.

We know only about few factors about them so far. They stabilize earth preventing it from shaking and twirling, they are originating point of most rivers on the earth.

They provide timber and many medicinal plants and herbs.

If God had not placed these mountains at strategic points, was it in power of humans to do so?

Most of us do not consider these Mountains as gift from our merciful God and shrug our shoulders and say "Why should we care", nature placed them there and they are a big hindrance.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>.. but as long as I live, I will continue to out the perversion that you live.
Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.

What else I could expect from an Atheist , and in addition to being an Atheist, he / she is transfixed with "Thighs"!! A catch word!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Muhammad raped 9 year old children he was a barbarian. People fear Islam because of all the violence committed my muslims against innocent people.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>This only shows your inhuman nature and that you have no regards for feelings of others.

That shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

PS:

And your actions show that you have deep rooted inferiority complex and fear of islam and Muslims.

And doing all these things just to show off that you do not fear!!

And do you think you will lower the honor and regard and respect of his personality by doing these stupid acts?

I wonder why right thinking people in west are silent about this stupidity.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes you believe Allah has sex with his own daughters.

Don't you think Islam should abandon honor killing and honor rape!
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's rapes.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Thighing sadly is a common practice amongst Muslims as is honor killing and honor rapes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.

What else I could expect from an Atheist , and in addition to being an Atheist, he / she is transfixed with "Thighs"!! A catch word!!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
a very interesting comment about Britain. US is also run by elites, mostly in the corporagte and financial worlds, but they are after money and power more than titles. I thought Tony Blair was clever, especially against Cameron whom I dislike, but I did not always agree with Blair. I think I like the new Labor leader better. I do not like the fancy man Nick either, too sold out and too vain, I think. I actually liked one Conservative as a person, and that was years ago. It was Ted Heath, and he said that when he retired his ambition was to conduct Mahler's 2nd symphony (the one with all the choirs, which I like the least, but is quite a big deal to conduct) and eventually he did it.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently that was to someone who supports Islam? At least also add that the Christian version of God - or at least the Holy Ghost doing his dirty work for him - raped "the Virgin Mary" and got her pregnant with a child he intended to use as a blood sacrifice. Balance out your criticisms a bit more in each comment, though one assumes that in other comments you are also critical of wild Chrisian dogmas. Sometimes people join a thread and do not know the views of other commenters on a wide enough variety of matters, and get the wrong impression.( I know, I have sometimes reacted to one comment without seeing all the back and forth preceding it!)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.
That was to someone else, and I have some questions for you. Are you more hostile to atheists than you are to Christians? to Jews? What do you think about an agnostic who claims not to know answers to religious questions?

Do you think that there are major differences between different Muslims, in what they believe, how they act, what groups they belong to? What do you think about what is going on in Syria?

This is just a chance to ask questions out of curiosity. I prefer not to argue with you or persons of your faith.

Also, what do you think about Dzhokhar T, and what he and his brother did in Boston? I do not favor the death penalty for him, or cruel punishment for him, but I think he should be made to explain himself so we can understand what turns someone violent in the name of religion. If he was against the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, so are also many Americans against it who are not Muslims. I do not believe in hurting innocents. But I think anti-war innocents need to vote against the war-mongers, or speak up, and not let the war-mongers rule unchallenged. What do you think about that point of view? Again I am just curious. Not trying to be hostile.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>If one suggests that pixies or god(s) exist, it becomes encumbant on one to prove it scientifically. Otherwise the rational position is not to believe in pixies or god(s).
Reality doesn't change because one wants to believe in pixies or gods.
<quoted text> You confuse religion with morality. We need everyone to help decide what is right and wrong. That is called democracy. We cannot have one religious tribe decide they are right and others are wrong. That is called Zionism or Islamism. That looks remarkably like fascism in that it is dependent on dogma and ideology rather than democracy.
That was to MUQ. How can you possibly write: "That is called Zionism or Islamism," and not also condemn many versions of Christianity? and how can you condemn all versions of Zionism(if there are any who are willing to share land with Palestinians in peace and friendship and a multi-cultural state), or all versions of Islam?

And democracy is not the way to decide what is right and what is wrong. A majority of people can be very bloodthirsty and cry out for killings that are not justified. Just look at all the blood lust watchers of the Arias trial who were crying because she did not get a death sentence! A majority is not fit to decide what is right or wrong, especially an emotional majority, or one swayed by manipulative demagogues or elites. It takes wise and mature persons, not mobs, to discuss right and wrong, over time and with much consideration and openness to varying views.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I do not think it is wise to be overly hostile, or to make sweeping generalizations. Topix is a better way to do it if one has to, but it is also possible to try to seek some understanding, and not just attack others here. That goes for persons on a variety of sides. I make mistakes too in sounding too certain, sometimes.

Once in a while someone actually enjoys the give and take of hostility and likes to bait others, and it is OK to play with the BC's of topix, who enjoy it and relish the combat. But it is not wise to unleash genuine hostility and venom, in many cases - whether it is one's own, or a provocation of others.

That is my opinion, and I try to live by it as best I can.
I think that Buck Crick and Skeptic actually enjoy and relish and provoke the extremist reactions, so they sort of deserve each other.
But there are better things to do, for many of us, if we would try to....
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Nothing to see,
Move along home,
only the usual repetitive troll
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.
Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.
02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.
Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.
Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.
Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
You just want the freedom to abuse, rape and murder little girls.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Nothing to see,
Move along home,
only the usual repetitive troll
<quoted text>
Why are you telling us what we already know, you are a nothing troll. But congratulations on waking up to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••