Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15984 May 23, 2013
Matt wrote:
01. Is freedom, liberation with the truth that there is no God.

Take someone with crutches, they have walking aids. A person without doesn't have them, the negative is being without them, it needs no replacement, they walk unaided.

02. To parrot what's been said to you, it is a negative definition. To ask for a positive one is like asking what's in a vacuum.

God, does not require replacement as something which never existed does not require replacement. When children grow out of believing in Santa Claus it doesn't get replaced. Actually, it does for some with God. Replace religion with something would just make it religion by another name. Like someone who gives up smoking, they replace cigarettes with substitutes but with luck long term there is no replacement.
Really isn't a better way to define it, the very word simply means no theism. You're asking for a negative constructed word to be turned into a positive, perhaps to make a counter-point, so why not make your counter-point already. You can't turn words into something else or they become other words. Trying to think of another analogy word, perhaps (vacuum, empty) clear... ask what clear is cluttered up with or what colour it is or something.
Ans.

01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.

Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.

02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.

Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.

Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.

Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15985 May 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
MUQ, do you condemn the machete attack in London? which the government is treating as a terrorist incident.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22633269
Reports say they tried to behead the victim shouting Allah Akbar
"Govt." also said that 9/11 was planned, executed and done with Osama and his 10 Hijackers!!

Truth is not what "Govt." Says. Truth is what is the truth.

As I do not have any info about the incident, I will not comment. But I am very cynical of views which "Govt." and "Main Line Media" prints about Islam and Muslims.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15986 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.
Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.
If one suggests that pixies or god(s) exist, it becomes encumbant on one to prove it scientifically. Otherwise the rational position is not to believe in pixies or god(s).

Reality doesn't change because one wants to believe in pixies or gods.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.
Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.
Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.
Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
You confuse religion with morality. We need everyone to help decide what is right and wrong. That is called democracy. We cannot have one religious tribe decide they are right and others are wrong. That is called Zionism or Islamism. That looks remarkably like fascism in that it is dependent on dogma and ideology rather than democracy.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15987 May 23, 2013
You have been taught not to answer points line by line and to compose your thoughts and speak. Sometimes, that makes sense as points can (for instance) contain incorrect assumptions. However, you don't appear to know when to take a more wholistic view and when a point can be taken in isolation. (I have put this in a seperate post so as you don't get confused)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15988 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Govt." also said that 9/11 was planned, executed and done with Osama and his 10 Hijackers!!
Not quite. Osama BL's org Al-Q was behind it and the attackers were Islamists whom you seem to support.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is not what "Govt." Says. Truth is what is the truth.
As I do not have any info about the incident, I will not comment. But I am very cynical of views which "Govt." and "Main Line Media" prints about Islam and Muslims.
This is the problem. When is a terrorist not a terrorist? There is no truly international agreement on what terrorism means leaving it a very subjective term.

A government cannot decide what individuals believe or what individuals think is the truth, but perhaps we can both essentially agree that only by democracy can we decide collectively what action should be taken?

Anything other than democracy might be similar to fascism with one sect, nation or group deciding that a political ideology is superior to other nations, religions or groups. In this respect your Islamism is fascist-like as you discount the value and validity of decisions by Western democratic governments. Admittedly western democracy is very imperfect, but it is far more responsive than leadership by theocracies like those in Tehran or the Roman Catholic Vatican. It is far superior to that in Russia where journalists are murdered when they're too effective in their criticism and other oppressive measure taken. Western democracy is at least based on freedom of speech and expression and all religions are treated equally. Treating people equally doesn't mean treating them the same. It means judging them by the same standards and applying the same rules to all. You try to raise your religion above others past and present. In reality, Islam is just one of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
Your version of Islam looks consistent in some ways with Al-Q, Nazi and Zionist thinking. What the world needs is mutual respect for all people, religious or not and that means keeping religion out of politics.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15989 May 23, 2013
The cases of Malala Yousafzai; 911; 7/7; the latest attack in Woolwich, London; and these sectarian bomb attacks in Iraq are all sectarian killings which are against laws of the lands in which they occur. All cotributors should be able to condemn them unreservedly.

Drone attacks are questioned here by westerners as well (regardless of any religion or no religion of course), but they are launched by a democratic government which argues that they save lives over-all and presumably might make the difference between stability in Afghanistan and civil war there - and perhaps in Pakistan too. We might agree here that they should be stopped, but we really need democracy in Afghanistan in Pakistan to know. Even Pakistan's democracy can look shaky from western countries.

Drone are mostly launched by the USA, but they're not condemned by Europe, Ausralia, NZ, SA, Sierra Leone, Ghana and most other widely respected democracies, in spite of widespread doubts about them amongst their electorates.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15990 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.
Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.
02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.
Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.
Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.
Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
I see you missed out on Draw Moohumud Day.

I'd like to contribute my picture of Moohumud:

.

That's it-- a tiny dot. It's all he's worthy of, after all.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15991 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Govt." also said that 9/11 was planned, executed and done with Osama and his 10 Hijackers!!
Truth is not what "Govt." Says. Truth is what is the truth.
As I do not have any info about the incident, I will not comment. But I am very cynical of views which "Govt." and "Main Line Media" prints about Islam and Muslims.
If only you would apply the same degree of skepticism to the unfounded claims of religion.

You may be right that the media in the west tends to have a negative view of islam. However these terrorist incidents are so common, you should see that there is some underlying major problems there.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15992 May 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
.
That's it-- a tiny dot. It's all he's worthy of, after all.
:) Thats symbolic of the amount of evidence we have on the fabricated lives of the "prophets".
CrimeaRiver

UK

#15993 May 24, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite. Osama BL's org Al-Q was behind it and the attackers were Islamists whom you seem to support.
<quoted text>This is the problem. When is a terrorist not a terrorist? There is no truly international agreement on what terrorism means leaving it a very subjective term.
A government cannot decide what individuals believe or what individuals think is the truth, but perhaps we can both essentially agree that only by democracy can we decide collectively what action should be taken?
Anything other than democracy might be similar to fascism with one sect, nation or group deciding that a political ideology is superior to other nations, religions or groups. In this respect your Islamism is fascist-like as you discount the value and validity of decisions by Western democratic governments. Admittedly western democracy is very imperfect, but it is far more responsive than leadership by theocracies like those in Tehran or the Roman Catholic Vatican. It is far superior to that in Russia where journalists are murdered when they're too effective in their criticism and other oppressive measure taken. Western democracy is at least based on freedom of speech and expression and all religions are treated equally. Treating people equally doesn't mean treating them the same. It means judging them by the same standards and applying the same rules to all. You try to raise your religion above others past and present. In reality, Islam is just one of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
Your version of Islam looks consistent in some ways with Al-Q, Nazi and Zionist thinking. What the world needs is mutual respect for all people, religious or not and that means keeping religion out of politics.
I agree with everything you have to say, except when it comes to democracy.

We live in a democtratic Britain. One where we can vote for local councillors and MPs who look and act like us. But the higher you go in the hierarchy of British politics, you tend to find that most Lords, all Peers, members of the QC and the Clergy are all from the elite classes. Privately educated, oxbridge graduates with little or no understanding of the middle or working classes.

The two major parties act as lone mavericks and ignore the British public on issues like school and hospital closures. They ignore us on immigration issues, they ignore us on whether Britain should go to war. They ignore us on whether we should deport hate preachers.

Democracy does not work in the way it should. The govt will always be run bu upper class twits who are more interested in secruing a lordship than serving the people
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15994 May 24, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you have to say, except when it comes to democracy.
We live in a democtratic Britain. One where we can vote for local councillors and MPs who look and act like us. But the higher you go in the hierarchy of British politics, you tend to find that most Lords, all Peers, members of the QC and the Clergy are all from the elite classes. Privately educated, oxbridge graduates with little or no understanding of the middle or working classes.
The two major parties act as lone mavericks and ignore the British public on issues like school and hospital closures. They ignore us on immigration issues, they ignore us on whether Britain should go to war. They ignore us on whether we should deport hate preachers.
Democracy does not work in the way it should. The govt will always be run bu upper class twits who are more interested in secruing a lordship than serving the people
Thanks for this reply CR.

I'm not sure if we see that entirely the same way as some of the worst politicians we have come from poor (or at least not privileged) backgrounds, for instance Gordon Brown, Eric Joyce, Elliot Morley, Jim Devine , David Chaytor and John Prescott. At least they're all well-inentioned (apart from the ones sent to jail!:-) and their power is limited.

However, I take your point and I did say our democracy is very imperfect. So is our education system and the citizens it produces.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15995 May 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree to kill babies, RaisinPenisFried.
That's worse.
Really, if I had agreed to murder any child, I think that some DA, would have some pretty serious charges against me. I think that if have some evidence against me, you should hand it over to the local authorities. ASAP!

Now it may be OK, in your book for him to practice thighing babies, but as far as I am concerned, his penis in the mouth of his brothers son, on the day that child is born, is cause for an execution.

The oral, anal or vaginal rape of any newborn, infant, toddler or child, male or female is a disgusting act that could only be carried out by the moral equivalent of a demented hog. Make no mistake, for that hogs death, I would cast a positive vote.

Shriveled testes and fried dick still on your mind, eh? Do you skin and fillet them, or do you fry them whole?

You do know that the addition of raisins to a certain dish, gives it the name Spotted Dick, don't you?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15996 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The post has your "signature" word!!
Thanks for being Authentic!!
Now I can ignore it!!
.. but as long as I live, I will continue to out the perversion that you live.

Thighing is a monstrously horrible and inhumane way to treat a child. If there was a creator, it would be a slap in it's face that you would treat it's youngest and most vulnerable creations in such a manner.

Mohamed was a pedophile who tricked your forefathers into letting him rape their children, and then he convinced them to join him in fucking the families babies.

If it were only him raping children, someone would wake the fuck up, and say aloud "IT IS WRONG!", but when everyman in the town drops trou at every birthing, no one can say, it is wrong without saying that he too was wrong.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15997 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What sort of freedom is that when you say “there is no God”? You become a slave to Satan and Devil and your own hallucinations.
Just shouting there is no God, will not change the nature’s realities in any way.
02. So vacuum replaces what? So a world without religion is like people living in Jungle.
Then why do you not replace that Model in your real life? Why do you need all these Assembles and Parliaments to make laws and more laws and still more laws to regulate every part of your life.
Don’t you accept most of these laws even if you do not like it.
Why it is only religion where you want total Anarchy? That does not make sense, does it?
Dumazzz! No god, equals no Satan either. They are from the same book, and the book is a fairy tale. Not a very good one, but still a fairy tale.
There is no need for a replacement, when nothing is there, it is just that. Nothing is there.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15998 May 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you missed out on Draw Moohumud Day.
I'd like to contribute my picture of Moohumud:
.
That's it-- a tiny dot. It's all he's worthy of, after all.
This only shows your inhuman nature and that you have no regards for feelings of others.

That shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

PS:

And your actions show that you have deep rooted inferiority complex and fear of islam and Muslims.

And doing all these things just to show off that you do not fear!!

And do you think you will lower the honor and regard and respect of his personality by doing these stupid acts?

I wonder why right thinking people in west are silent about this stupidity.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15999 May 24, 2013
NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one more example:

10: Mountains:

We look at the mountains in awe and feel our weakness in front of these giants.

We know only about few factors about them so far. They stabilize earth preventing it from shaking and twirling, they are originating point of most rivers on the earth.

They provide timber and many medicinal plants and herbs.

If God had not placed these mountains at strategic points, was it in power of humans to do so?

Most of us do not consider these Mountains as gift from our merciful God and shrug our shoulders and say "Why should we care", nature placed them there and they are a big hindrance.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#16000 May 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>.. but as long as I live, I will continue to out the perversion that you live.
..
Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.

What else I could expect from an Atheist , and in addition to being an Atheist, he / she is transfixed with "Thighs"!! A catch word!!

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#16001 May 24, 2013
Muhammad raped 9 year old children he was a barbarian. People fear Islam because of all the violence committed my muslims against innocent people.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>This only shows your inhuman nature and that you have no regards for feelings of others.

That shows that you people are lower than animals, and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

PS:

And your actions show that you have deep rooted inferiority complex and fear of islam and Muslims.

And doing all these things just to show off that you do not fear!!

And do you think you will lower the honor and regard and respect of his personality by doing these stupid acts?

I wonder why right thinking people in west are silent about this stupidity.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#16002 May 24, 2013
Yes you believe Allah has sex with his own daughters.

Don't you think Islam should abandon honor killing and honor rape!
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's rapes.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#16003 May 24, 2013
Thighing sadly is a common practice amongst Muslims as is honor killing and honor rapes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for identifying that you have a very mean nature.

What else I could expect from an Atheist , and in addition to being an Atheist, he / she is transfixed with "Thighs"!! A catch word!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Into The Night 48,653
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 min Richardfs 5,698
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 12 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web