Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15930 May 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
It seems there is a gang war on me!!
Just every one is hastening to answer my simple question , please define what is Atheism.
Atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods.

That is what the definition is - I'm sorry that you deny it.

If you have problems understanding the definition of atheism, why have you been in this forum ALL YEAR POSTING RELIGIOUS GARBAGE - WITHOUT BOTHERING TO UNDERSTAND ATHEISM?

Theists need help from medical professionals.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15931 May 22, 2013
SG wrote:
MUQ "No one is born Atheists, only a stupid person would say that."

Everyone is born without a belief in God or gods. So they are Atheist or Agnostic, whichever you prefer.

"I was born into a Muslim family. My parents taught me about Islam."

Thank you for confirming what we know, that well over 90% of people just follow the religion of their upbringing.

"But once I grew up, I studied Islam with care and attention as much as I could and I found it to be True religion."

That was a bit of luck, being born into the one true faith ;)

Poor ol me. Born into one of the many false religions, Christianity.

Allah must really hate me!

"Now if any one can convince me that Islam is not the best religion and his or her religion is in fact better than Islam, then I am ready to change my religion"

Islam is a simpler religion than Christianity, with clearer teachings. It helps having one book, and not 66 contradictory ones.

I am skeptical of all religions. If I had to pick one, the ones in the Far East like Shintoism are the least superstitious, just in my view.

"Now regarding Atheism, it has no base and no body, just a bunch of idiots claiming there is no God."

Maybe cause there is no evidence of a God or gods, or for that matter ghosts or angels.

"How is can be better than Islam, when they even cannot define what is Atheism and who is an Atheist."

Atheism is a lack of belief in God or gods. An Atheist does not believe in God.

It s a system of thought based on reason rather than magic or superstition.
Ans.

I thank you for your input.

We are entitled to make choices and we will be judged based on what choice we make.

Every one does not follow the religion of their parents.

Only those who do not ask questions.

Anyone who asks the question, which is the True religion and honestly tries to find the answer…..most likely will get the answer.

People may hide their feelings and their findings from other humans, but their Creator knows exactly, what were their findings.

Our job is only to convey the message to the best of our abilities.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15932 May 22, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
1. My posts are to illustrate to others exactly what is wrong with yours. I feel you've demonstrated to most reasonable people's satisfaction that you're too dim to comprehend what people write. "Islam's all I've got". "Nobody can convince me..." you say. I believe you. That illustrates one problem caused by 'religious teaching' and religious faith.

2. We aren't your students. I and others have offered detailed responses explaining exactly what is so perverse and ignorant in what you write. You just 'don't like line by line..' you want others to 'compose their thoughts'. Yours aren't composed better than ours and perhaps most people here, like me, seem quite disgusted by how ignorant you are.

You may know your version of Islam, but you understand almost no other point of view.
Ans.

1. If you deal in one sided arguments then you are entitled to it.

You comment on my posts and I reply back to where I need there is need to reply.

If you think your rebuttal is proven, then it is your subjective opinion and you are entitled to it.

2. No you are not my students. I see your knowledge about Islam is so meager, you even do not know how to criticise islam.

A religion is not criticised based on what its followers do but mistakes in its teachings.

And I do not find very few people who can take up this topic and prove to me that Islamic teachings are wrong and harmful to the development of human society.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15933 May 22, 2013
Jack wrote:
The pity is that your eyes are not as open as much as you want the floor to be; just about EVERY page in this forum offers a good definition of the word "Atheist," all that's NEEDED is for you to comprehend fundamentals of the English Language, and cease being a f@cking idiot, give your arse a chance.
Ans.

So far I only got a "negative" definition of Atheism. That is negates the existence of God and religion.

But this is not a complete definition, when you negate some thing, you must also assert some thing.

What sort of ism is this Atheism when it has no "positive additives"

PS:

Just cursing me and calling me names will lead you anywhere.

It shows that you have no answer to my simple question.

I thank you for that!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15934 May 22, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Should we change what it is, into something, that it is not, just so you can see something where there is nothing?
To be an atheist, do nothing. To be theist, you must become indoctrinated, until then you are an atheist.
Did you take a vote on this?

Do most of the Atheists agree with this?

To me is seems like some one explaining Trinity in Simple Plain English!!

There are words and they are English too, but do not make any sense!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15935 May 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods.
That is what the definition is - I'm sorry that you deny it.
If you have problems understanding the definition of atheism, why have you been in this forum ALL YEAR POSTING RELIGIOUS GARBAGE - WITHOUT BOTHERING TO UNDERSTAND ATHEISM?
Theists need help from medical professionals.
It seems to me all atheists on this thread are acting like a Parrot.

Just saying atheism is what not, what it is no one is able to say.

If there is no God, what is his replacement? If there is no religion what is its replacement.

Come on guys, you have cracked atom, you have seen pictures which are 4 Billion years old.

Why can't you define what "atheism is"?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#15936 May 22, 2013
Oh no he'll be looking up the secret handshake for weeks now! Lol!
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>That plus the secret handshake..

Oops! I don't think I was supposed to mention the secret handshake, just ignore that MUG.

Meanwhile you should be figuring out why you follow a man who needed to do a child near the end of his life so that he could get it up.

Lexington, KY

#15937 May 22, 2013
No Muq, once again atheism is not believing in god. That's what it is, not what it isn't.

Your question has been answered and you know it is correct.

A definition is a definition. We do not change a word's definition just because you don't like it.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

So far I only got a "negative" definition of Atheism. That is negates the existence of God and religion.

But this is not a complete definition, when you negate some thing, you must also assert some thing.

What sort of ism is this Atheism when it has no "positive additives"

PS:

Just cursing me and calling me names will lead you anywhere.

It shows that you have no answer to my simple question.

I thank you for that!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15938 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God, what is his replacement? If there is no religion what is its replacement.
Come on guys, you have cracked atom, you have seen pictures which are 4 Billion years old.
Still no comment from you about your religion abusing, raping and murdering little girls.

Lexington, KY

#15939 May 22, 2013
It is sad that these people advocate for honor rape, honor killing, chopping off hands, ears, noses, breasts off of women who back talk their husband.

The Quran is a book of such violence, remember Muhammad's last words were to kill non Muslims.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Still no comment from you about your religion abusing, raping and murdering little girls.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#15940 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Just every one is hastening to answer my simple question , please define what is Atheism.
Not what it is not!!
There should be some thing positive also, not only negatives, you cannot have a civilization based on negatives, can you?
No two people will agree to anything in this system. Will they?
The over-ridding consensus on this forum is that you are worse than hemorrhoids, since they CAN be treated.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15941 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does there have to be a replacement?
old nick

UK

#15942 May 22, 2013
No mention of dinosaurs in any religious text....no mention of protons, nuetrons or electrons in any religious texts( god is all knowing all powerfull surely he would of said) no mention of other planets just like our own in our galaxy....pfft god, you are truly brainwashed! God has been debunked, wake up and smell the coffee!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15943 May 22, 2013
old nick wrote:
No mention of dinosaurs in any religious text....no mention of protons, nuetrons or electrons in any religious texts( god is all knowing all powerfull surely he would of said) no mention of other planets just like our own in our galaxy....pfft god, you are truly brainwashed! God has been debunked, wake up and smell the coffee!
Better, drink the coffee! Why waste on just smelling it?:P

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#15945 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is freedom, liberation with the truth that there is no God.
Take someone with crutches, they have walking aids. A person without doesn't have them, the negative is being without them, it needs no replacement, they walk unaided.
To parrot what's been said to you, it is a negative definition. To ask for a positive one is like asking what's in a vacuum.
God, does not require replacement as something which never existed does not require replacement. When children grow out of believing in Santa Claus it doesn't get replaced. Actually, it does for some with God. Replace religion with something would just make it religion by another name. Like someone who gives up smoking, they replace cigarettes with substitutes but with luck long term there is no replacement.
Really isn't a better way to define it, the very word simply means no theism. You're asking for a negative constructed word to be turned into a positive, perhaps to make a counter-point, so why not make your counter-point already. You can't turn words into something else or they become other words. Trying to think of another analogy word, perhaps (vacuum, empty) clear... ask what clear is cluttered up with or what colour it is or something.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#15946 May 22, 2013
Matt Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Is freedom, liberation with the truth that there is no God.
Take someone with crutches, they have walking aids. A person without doesn't have them, the negative is being without them, it needs no replacement, they walk unaided.
To parrot what's been said to you, it is a negative definition. To ask for a positive one is like asking what's in a vacuum.
God, does not require replacement as something which never existed does not require replacement. When children grow out of believing in Santa Claus it doesn't get replaced. Actually, it does for some with God. Replace religion with something would just make it religion by another name. Like someone who gives up smoking, they replace cigarettes with substitutes but with luck long term there is no replacement.
Really isn't a better way to define it, the very word simply means no theism. You're asking for a negative constructed word to be turned into a positive, perhaps to make a counter-point, so why not make your counter-point already. You can't turn words into something else or they become other words. Trying to think of another analogy word, perhaps (vacuum, empty) clear... ask what clear is cluttered up with or what colour it is or something.
I agree with some of that comment. Mostly the philosophical part, not necessarily the medical part. I do think that people can become addicted to being addicted, starting with young people becoming addicted to salt sugar and fat, and making them thus easier to trap into addiction to cigarettes and other addictive substances. It is no accident that cigarette makers have joined with the snack food makers into big corporations.

You are correct that atheism is merely not believing in a God, gods, god, or Gods,(usually those that one has heard about - not all possible definitions). I think not believing can have some wonderful consequences, in that one can take more responsibility for not harming others or the planet if one does not think that there will be a superhero to rescue them somehow. Not all atheists take on that additional responsibility, however.

And not all Christians are more careless because they trust that God will fix things. The link between theology and ethics are not that clearly limited - there are too many variations to be able to generalize. I value ethics more than I do theology, and am friendly toward ethical persons with silly religious beliefs - moreso than liking unkind persons however enlightened about not believing in theological nonsense. But on topix, I can at least agree with the enlightened ones.

In person, I would prefer the ethical religious ones to unethical agnostics, skeptics, atheists. According to my ethics, which I would call informed, effective kindness.(on the grand scale of politics and internationalism, as well as the personal sort)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#15947 May 22, 2013
lins, not link - above t00 many strands to explain.
but in general, there is a left, center, and rightwing variety within many religions, denominations, and ideological philosophical systems. I like the center left best, a nice mix of liberty and protection of the weak and vulnerable and innocent. A nice mix of kindness and helpfulness with self-preservation.
jake

Edmonton, UK

#15948 May 22, 2013
God is an illusion.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#15949 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Not what it is not!!
There should be some thing positive also, not only negatives, you cannot have a civilization based on negatives, can you?
It is easy.
An atheist is one that does not believe in god or gods.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#15950 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Not what it is not!!
www.atheists.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Dally Mama 231,995
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Morse 1,041
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 5 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 5 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 16 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE