Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15880 May 19, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
Muq, none of that provides the slightest evidence for a god(s), far less an interventionist one and infinity less a specifically Abrahamic god(s).'Allah' is so obviously man-made nonsense. Religion = superstition. It's divisive and harmful.

Some of us feel it has led people like you to defend child-abuse and reject democracy and a wide-ranging education. We have listened to all you have had to offer,(and very many far more intelligent, moderate and educated Muslims besides you).

One cannot reason with religion. As one Wish You Here (a religionist)
has pointed-out, religion isn't based on reason.

Almost all worldviews are more enlightened than religious ones, especially such narrow Islamic ones like yours. Som,e of your fellow Muslims wouldn't agree that children under 15 could be married in any sane sense. They argue that isn't Islamic.
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/201 ...

Religion is superstition.

Please reflect.
Ans.

So will you please explain to me how this universe got created in the first place if there is no Creator.

That is the problem with you people, you do not answer the most important questions and just jump over it, finding some sort of excuse to silence your conscience and then start discussing finer things.

Forget about religion and what it teaches. Just concentrate on this Universe and how it came without any design, plan, purpose or Creator.

Have we humans made any thing on this earth, without any purpose?

Unless you learn A, B, C, you should not start decoding Shakespeare , should you?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#15881 May 19, 2013
Muq you lack basic education and think that selling your daughter into marriage at age 6 is approved by god.

How can we explain science to a beast?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

So will you please explain to me how this universe got created in the first place if there is no Creator.

That is the problem with you people, you do not answer the most important questions and just jump over it, finding some sort of excuse to silence your conscience and then start discussing finer things.

Forget about religion and what it teaches. Just concentrate on this Universe and how it came without any design, plan, purpose or Creator.

Unless you learn A, B, C, you should not start decoding Shakespeare , should you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15882 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Get up off your a$$ lazy theist and STUDY.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#15883 May 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have studied EVERYTHING, why should I not get it from you?

Why burn our oil, when an unsurpassed genius is available to us?

What is the your Command, O great one?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15884 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Still no comment from you about your religion abusing, raping and murdering little girls.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15885 May 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a godbot who can learn?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15886 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have studied EVERYTHING, why should I not get it from you?
Why burn our oil, when an unsurpassed genius is available to us?
What is the your Command, O great one?
This betrays your: laziness, submissiveness, and gullibility.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15887 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows, including you and me.

Humans have only existed on Earth for a few million years and scientific method has only been uncovered in the last few hundred. It is far too early to draw any conclusion from the science and religion ins't relevant to the question.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the problem with you people,
"You people"? We're all people Muq. Not everyone is Muslim and not every Muslim would agree with you and not with me.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
you do not answer the most important questions and just jump over it, finding some sort of excuse to silence your conscience and then start discussing finer things.
I believe all your questions have been answered repeatedly. I suggest you gain the skills in comprehension to understand them,(if you have the wits to do so).

Having read so much of your Islamist dogma, may I mention that this is the Atheism Forum and most might prefer you to confine your comments here to what is rational. I think most of us aren't interested in Allah or your religion, nor any of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
many of which atheists (by definition) have usually examined and rejected. There is a Religion Forum on Topix where you will find those who are intested in such mythologies.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15888 May 20, 2013
P.S. We don't even know that the Universe was created.

Religion = superstition
Distraught

London, KY

#15889 May 20, 2013
Well I for one think it should!!!. You know the way some Christians act in America?. Pathetic!!! some if not most are hypocritical FOOLS!!!. For example, I had this Second grade teacher, Oakley was her name. She would recite the Lord's Prayer with us every morning befour class. 10 years later on a dark evening, me and my brother and a cousin was walking home. This teacher and a couple of male colleagues was walking from a beer joint was walking towards us. It beeing dark I accidentally bumped into her and she called me a mother f***er!. You know, 3 years befour that I actually took up for this teacher despite the numerous spankings she gave me!. I thought she did this out of love and to teach me and I respected her deeply for that. But not aney more!!!. F*** that rotten W****!!!. F*** that fire eyed bitch!!!. Hope she f***ed herself and ate her own s**t!!!...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15890 May 20, 2013
Distraught wrote:
Well I for one think it should!!!. You know the way some Christians act in America?. Pathetic!!! some if not most are hypocritical FOOLS!!!. For example, I had this Second grade teacher, Oakley was her name. She would recite the Lord's Prayer with us every morning befour class. 10 years later on a dark evening, me and my brother and a cousin was walking home. This teacher and a couple of male colleagues was walking from a beer joint was walking towards us. It beeing dark I accidentally bumped into her and she called me a mother f***er!. You know, 3 years befour that I actually took up for this teacher despite the numerous spankings she gave me!. I thought she did this out of love and to teach me and I respected her deeply for that. But not aney more!!!. F*** that rotten W****!!!. F*** that fire eyed bitch!!!. Hope she f***ed herself and ate her own s**t!!!...
Perhaps many of us could site a similar experience. However, it should be conceded that hypocricy and foolishness aren't confined to the religious.

You do make the point that religion has nothing to do with morality or improving people's behavior as some religionists claim. On the contrary, it's divisive and harmful like all superstition.
xianity is EVIL

Walton, Canada

#15891 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
universe always existed in some form or shape,BIg Bang was just another change it goes thru,its eternal..

google Multiverse
xianity is EVIL

Walton, Canada

#15892 May 20, 2013
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15894 May 20, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
Sadly i think it'll be 2138 before any progress to this end....
I'm more optimisitic, but time will tell.

On the subject of superstitions I came across these items....

“...Even the most devout religious people think that magic is their last resort...”
I would expect the devout or religious would be the most susceptible.

“I am sure Obama believes in [magic] as well”.
I doubt it. In public he professes to believe in god and claiming to be Christian he allows people to presume it’s belief in an Abrahamic god(s), the ‘three-in-one offer”. Perhaps he just believes in some amorphous ‘higher power’ or is simply not superstitious at all. Perhaps he accepts the world as he finds it and uses contemporary language - language which presupposes the acceptability of religious faith and belief in gods.

Some evidence suggests that many African leaders believe in witchcraft...
http://www.iol.co.za/the-star/jz-s-power-ritu...
including Jacob Zuma (SA) and Emmerson Mnangagwa, the much feared former head of the secret police and Mugabe's designated successor.

This publication (which lacks an ‘About Us’ statement) suggests democracy doesn’t work in African society...
http://www.south-africa-the-real-issues.org/I...
quote,“This highlights one of the great errors of trying to introduce democracy and majority rule in a country where the majority of the population are primative -- one gets what the majority considers appropriate.”

Religious beliefs, black magic and witchcraft are outdated superstitions.

Education and science will practically eradicate them in time.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#15895 May 20, 2013
&fe ature=player_embedded#!

Basic Computer Logic - FAITH 6.66

BEGIN:

Read ANY Holy Book

Do you believe every word?
If yes go to END:

If no...Are you thirsty for knowledge about what you've read?
If no... go to END:

If Yes investigate claims made, if you still believe every word, go to END:

If Yes and you now question claims seek additional information to confirm your suspicions...

SEARCH BEGIN:

Study claims, competing faiths, other world religions, evaluate, determine fact from fiction.
Have you reached a informed decision?

If Yes go to IRRELIGIOUS:

If No and not tired of looking for answers, go to SEARCH BEGIN:

If No and exhausted, go to END:

END:
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" with your faith... and do try, not to be so hateful, of other cults that are different than yours. Their fantasy is similar to yours, only customized for their geographic area and cultures.

IRRELIGIOUS:
Enjoy LIFE, LOVE & LAUGHTER - It has a expiration date
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#15896 May 20, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody knows, including you and me.
Humans have only existed on Earth for a few million years and scientific method has only been uncovered in the last few hundred. It is far too early to draw any conclusion from the science and religion ins't relevant to the question.
<quoted text>"You people"? We're all people Muq. Not everyone is Muslim and not every Muslim would agree with you and not with me.
<quoted text>I believe all your questions have been answered repeatedly. I suggest you gain the skills in comprehension to understand them,(if you have the wits to do so).
Having read so much of your Islamist dogma, may I mention that this is the Atheism Forum and most might prefer you to confine your comments here to what is rational. I think most of us aren't interested in Allah or your religion, nor any of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
many of which atheists (by definition) have usually examined and rejected. There is a Religion Forum on Topix where you will find those who are intested in such mythologies.
Dear brother

I do not like these line by line remarks.

It would be better if you compose your posts in formal way, so I can study it and respond to it.

Some one might start posting, word by word response too!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15897 May 20, 2013
NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one more example:

8: Moon and other stars:

We know not much about moon, except that it is a "Universal Calendar" fixed in the sky for all human kind.

Thru out the ages and for people living in deserts and jungles, moon was the "only reliable" calendar they could count on.

It was primary calendar used by every nation in the beginning. By comparison, Solar based calendars are always inaccurate and always need adjustments.

History of Calendar tells us this.

9. Stars: Stars have many uses, most of which we are unaware of.

The most important use of stars in human life has been to use them for navigation.

For thousands of years people traveling by sea or in deserts only had stars as their navigational aids.

Without stars to guide them, they would have lost their ways.

From scientific point of view, to place stars in such position and regulate their movement was "impossible for even human super computers"

The accuracy of placement considering their distance from earth, is beyond any human power.

Another use of Stars is that they beautify the sky during night.

Most of us do not realize multiple benefits of stars and even what we know of, we do not give thanks to God for His Mercy.

Please reflect on it
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15898 May 20, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
universe always existed in some form or shape,BIg Bang was just another change it goes thru,its eternal..
google Multiverse
It is just your wish, or you have any proof also?
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#15899 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".
So I will just give you one more example:
8: Moon and other stars:
We know not much about moon, except that it is a "Universal Calendar" fixed in the sky for all human kind.
Thru out the ages and for people living in deserts and jungles, moon was the "only reliable" calendar they could count on.
It was primary calendar used by every nation in the beginning. By comparison, Solar based calendars are always inaccurate and always need adjustments.
History of Calendar tells us this.
9. Stars: Stars have many uses, most of which we are unaware of.
The most important use of stars in human life has been to use them for navigation.
For thousands of years people traveling by sea or in deserts only had stars as their navigational aids.
Without stars to guide them, they would have lost their ways.
From scientific point of view, to place stars in such position and regulate their movement was "impossible for even human super computers"
The accuracy of placement considering their distance from earth, is beyond any human power.
Another use of Stars is that they beautify the sky during night.
Most of us do not realize multiple benefits of stars and even what we know of, we do not give thanks to God for His Mercy.
Please reflect on it
Yes, you are indeed apes!
We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed!--7:166

So sorry... No dust on me and I am wonderfully free and not wicked like Islamic martyrs.

And other faces, on that day, with dust upon them, Veiled in darkness, Those are the disbelievers, the wicked.--80:40-42

Completely empty threat! BOO!

Those who disbelieve ... will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings.--98:6

Put a sock in it!
There's no such thing as a prophet.

Lift not up your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor shout when speaking to him as ye shout one to another--49:2

PULLEZZE. We've covered these empty threats already.

Hell verily will encompass the disbelievers. On the day when the doom will overwhelm them from above them and from underneath their feet, and He will say: Taste what ye used to do!--29:54-55

Would that be Bacon tasting?

Peace!

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#15901 May 20, 2013
How about you actually answer a question once in a while instead of spam blasting the board?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Dear brother

I do not like these line by line remarks.

It would be better if you compose your posts in formal way, so I can study it and respond to it.

Some one might start posting, word by word response too!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min scientia potentia... 48,521
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 min scientia potentia... 23,498
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 3 hr JustASkeptic 11
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Rosa_Winkel 21,866
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web