Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15847 May 17, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>What did you have before you got your first phone? What did it replace?
Being an atheist means you do not have theism. Being atheist means that one has no god claims. I do not claim a blue god, a volcano god, a Abrahamic god, a Hindu god, nor any other god. I claim no gods.
Why are you so slow that you cannot understand that? Did you ingest leaded paint chips in your pablum as a child, or was it that you were thighed, and your brain shut down in an act of self preservation?
The "first phone" replaced the job of messenger, who would run from one part of town to another to deliver a "personal message"!!

Atheism as "no believer in any thing" is standing on a void, any wind would blow them from one extreme to another extreme and that is what we see on this forum.

Rejecting models of God is different from saying that there is no God.

You have to analyze the different models which different religions make and decide which one of them best suits the known facts that we have. That is the proper use of your brains.

But just saying that there is no God and then go on following your own whims and fancies, shows that your god is your own self.

And that is truth!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15848 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please define what is this "nature"?
Who created it and how it came into existence?
The problem with you people is that you do not use your mind. You just stop at some level.
PS:
Please do not ask me, who Created God!! This is again a very stupid question, asked many times and I answered it many times on this very thread!!
Why do you refuse to comment on:-
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15849 May 17, 2013
MUQ, "Can you please define what is this "nature"?"

Nature is the physical world, plants, animals, etc.

"Who created it and how it came into existence?"

The evidence shows the universe was created by natural processes. The a-moral nature of the universe (lacking in a right and wrong) indicates that natural processes such as physics and evolution, and not supernatural agent or agents.

"The problem with you people is that you do not use your mind."

On the contrary, I do use my mind, and ask questions. Theists seemingly accept whatever nonsense they are taught, even if it has been proved wrong.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#15850 May 17, 2013
You will sell your daughter at 6 or 7 years of age?

Reflex on why civilized people look upon your ilk as beasts.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Did you take the test yourself? What was your score? 0 out of Infinity?

Yes that is what I guessed!!
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#15851 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The "first phone" replaced the job of messenger, who would run from one part of town to another to deliver a "personal message"!!
Atheism as "no believer in any thing" is standing on a void, any wind would blow them from one extreme to another extreme and that is what we see on this forum.
You have to analyze the different models which different religions make and decide which one of them best suits the known facts that we have. That is the proper use of your brains.
But just saying that there is no God and then go on following your own whims and fancies, shows that your god is your own self.
And that is truth!!
ALL RELIGIONS ARE FALSE, And that is truth!

Examples below... 100's more!

Get your Bible or Koran now!

Begin the great adventure into madness And depravity.

Allah be praised? NO!

Verily I shall fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.--11:119

Allah sendeth astray whom He will.--74:31

Jesus loves me? NO!

And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters.--Ezekiel 23:47

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since these 'holy books' were written.

it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
~ HL Mencken

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15852 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is truth!!
You can stop lying about god now, onobody believes a liar anyway..

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15853 May 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah be praised? NO!
Jesus loves me? NO!
And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters.--Ezekiel 23:47
Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since these 'holy books' were written.
it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
~ HL Mencken
Look at him trying to sound intelligent - "models of god" - dumbass.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#15854 May 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at him trying to sound intelligent - "models of god" - dumbass.
The force is strong in this one! ;)

The perfect obedient sheep to a imaginary entity.
Total devotion to fantasy.

I find these people unintentionally funny and odd to say the least.

Why anyone in this modern age would deliberately permit themselves to be ignorant is inexcusable.

So great is the fear of death they resort to fairytales.

Try to logically conceive a place known as hell or heaven? You won't be able to. Each scenario presents more questions than answers.

And about those answers that should be provided by a perfect being ?

This 'perfect' being has serious logic and judgment errors re his 'creations'.

he entrusted his most important words to desert goatherder's unable to comprehend anything.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#15855 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Did you take the test yourself? What was your score? 0 out of Infinity?
Yes that is what I guessed!!
Ans

Why would I take a test about a imaginary entity?
I am a Secular Humanist!

Your religion.. and all others are equally false.
The test is for those that believe these things.

My score is 100% TRUTH, LOGIC, REASON AND COMMON SENSE... whats yours?

Allah is gr8t? NOPE!

Allah, like Jesus and Moses is imaginary.
"The truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing."
~The Tao Te Ching

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15856 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is truth!!
There are messengers with phones, so no that was not the replacement.

The atheist believes in everything, that is real. We just don't believe in the imaginary, and we don't agree with everything that is real. Human monsters are real, thighing is real, babies are real, but gods are not. There is not any model of a god that is real.

You were born without a phone, and then you got one. What did it replace? If you had never gotten a phone, we could call you a aphonist. Or if you never have owned a ukulele, you haven't have you? No ukulele make you a aukuleleist. The "a" denotes an absence of whatever word it is that follows the letter "a".

For you, your god is a phone, you consider it a necessity, a part of you, a tool that you cannot be without, don't you. For me any god is a ukulele, I have no need for one, and whether I had one or a thousand, I still would have no use for them. Now, a thousand, I would turn into a business. They would work for me, to fill my wallet. Same with gods, give me verifiable gods, and while I would then believe in their existence, but not in their omnipotence, they too would end up working for me. I would sell them too (but only to legal adults 21 and over), because I have no need for them either.

Why can't you understand, there is no god(ukulele) needed. I am not a god(ukulele), and I do not need nor desire any imaginary friend(god/ukulele)to keep me company.

Besides if it can't protect babies from you thighing them, It can't pass as a god in the real world.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15857 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>There are messengers with phones, so no that was not the replacement.
The atheist believes in everything, that is real. We just don't believe in the imaginary, and we don't agree with everything that is real. Human monsters are real, thighing is real, babies are real, but gods are not. There is not any model of a god that is real.
You were born without a phone, and then you got one. What did it replace? If you had never gotten a phone, we could call you a aphonist. Or if you never have owned a ukulele, you haven't have you? No ukulele make you a aukuleleist. The "a" denotes an absence of whatever word it is that follows the letter "a".
For you, your god is a phone, you consider it a necessity, a part of you, a tool that you cannot be without, don't you. For me any god is a ukulele, I have no need for one, and whether I had one or a thousand, I still would have no use for them. Now, a thousand, I would turn into a business. They would work for me, to fill my wallet. Same with gods, give me verifiable gods, and while I would then believe in their existence, but not in their omnipotence, they too would end up working for me. I would sell them too (but only to legal adults 21 and over), because I have no need for them either.
Why can't you understand, there is no god(ukulele) needed. I am not a god(ukulele), and I do not need nor desire any imaginary friend(god/ukulele)to keep me company.
Besides if it can't protect babies from you thighing them, It can't pass as a god in the real world.
Dammit.... you just ruined my childhood memories of Tiny Tim....

" http://youtu.be/zcSlcNfThUA" ; ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15858 May 17, 2013
;)

Earth,TX

#15859 May 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit.... you just ruined my childhood memories of Tiny Tim....
" http://youtu.be/zcSlcNfThUA" ; ...
:(
Until you forgive, my heart is broken.

Earth,TX

#15860 May 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
;)
Ok, that's better.:)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15861 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>There are messengers with phones, so no that was not the replacement.
Have you any idea, what you are talking about?

To me it just look like as if you are explaining Trinity to a layman!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#15862 May 17, 2013
That is because you lack the intelligence to comprehend. Perhaps if you didn't come from a religion that approves of honor killing and honor raping your own daughter you could understand.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Have you any idea, what you are talking about?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15863 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you any idea, what you are talking about?
Trinity?

That is simply polytheism re-named to fit the basic lie.

Nothing new, here.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15864 May 17, 2013
spudgun wrote:
MUQ, "Can you please define what is this "nature"?"
Nature is the physical world, plants, animals, etc.
"Who created it and how it came into existence?"
The evidence shows the universe was created by natural processes. The a-moral nature of the universe (lacking in a right and wrong) indicates that natural processes such as physics and evolution, and not supernatural agent or agents.
"The problem with you people is that you do not use your mind."
On the contrary, I do use my mind, and ask questions. Theists seemingly accept whatever nonsense they are taught, even if it has been proved wrong.
Nature was created by "natural process"? Is some thing not missing here?

Has any thing been created by just chance or only permutation and combination?

And where did you find that Universe is based on a-moral principles? Universe is based on truth and justice. The things (living and non living) are subject to certain laws and they do not change.

Physics and evolution do not explain every thing and then who created the Laws of Physics?

So my contention is correct that you do not use your brain fully.

You stop where you think you have "reasonably answered" your mind's questions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15865 May 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:

Allah be praised? NO!

Jesus loves me? NO!

~ HL Mencken
Ans.

I fail to understand what you are trying to convey by these disjointed posts.

Why should you post a reply, if you have nothing of importance to say.

Just making claims will not help your cause.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15866 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I fail to understand what you are trying to convey by these disjointed posts.
Why should you post a reply, if you have nothing of importance to say.
Just making claims will not help your cause.
Still no word from you about the abuse, rape and murder of little girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 26 min I Am No One_ 9,350
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr thetruth 19,776
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 1 hr thetruth 38
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 243,324
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 2 hr knight of Jesus 521
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 4 hr huh 6,214
Disney Buys The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latte... (Nov '12) 10 hr millertr1 5
More from around the web