Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
15,001 - 15,020 of 21,383 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Can you try that again in English?

93% of scientists do not believe in a personal god.... Which as nothing to do with his post whatsoever.

You are unable to understand the posts here right? That's the only explanation for your unrelated way off topic answers.... Which are poorly worded and reused again and again.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Amusing waste of time
Science in silent on atheism
Humor finds you funny

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Can you try that again in English?
93% of scientists do not believe in a personal god.... Which as nothing to do with his post whatsoever.
You are unable to understand the posts here right? That's the only explanation for your unrelated way off topic answers.... Which are poorly worded and reused again and again.
<quoted text>
Which means?

That approximately 7% of scientists do believe in some sort of god.

And to this day, most scientists cannot explain why that number is so high....

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

I would wager many of that 7% do it for their family.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Which means?

That approximately 7% of scientists do believe in some sort of god.

And to this day, most scientists cannot explain why that number is so high....
jake

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Any person that believes that some mistical illusion thats inside there head created billions of miles of galaxys stars and the universe has to be mentally ill.
jake

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

God is nothing more than an illusion that only exists inside peoples heads and nothing else.
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

You are wrong.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

jake wrote:
God is nothing more than an illusion that only exists inside peoples heads and nothing else.
Agreed. Man made God and gods not the other way around.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing to believe in atheism, you idiot. And you are proof of there being no god. If a true god knew what you freaking perverted loons do to newborns, infants and toddler children, the whole of Islam would have been fire-bombed about 10 seconds after the first one of you thighed a baby.
So far no god has moved even so much as the first molecule.
If there is "NOTHING" to believe in Atheism, then how it would replace anything?

How can avoid fill the space?

Did you think about that, Idiot?

I never thought it would be so fun for ask people "How to define atheism"!!

PS:

Them who moved the atom? Newton? Darwin? Einstein? Or your Atheism?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we a nonexisting god thank? We have a healthy Spirit and have no use for any myths!
How can you say He is non existing?

You should say One whom we cannot see with our eyes. That would be more honest.

Then can we say "Only those things exist which we can see from our eyes"? Can you say that?

The presence of Universe, which we can see is a "Living Proof " that their Creator exists and is "very much present".

Our Disability to see Him, is our fault, not His.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then can we say "Only those things exist which we can see from our eyes"? Can you say that?
The presence of Universe, which we can see is a "Living Proof " that their Creator exists and is "very much present".
And the spinless godbot still has nothing to say about:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Why is that?

Oh! that's right because you agree with the abuse, rape and murder of little girls.
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The only void is in your mind.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is "NOTHING" to believe in Atheism, then how it would replace anything?
PS:
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

There is no possibility of an all powerful compassionate god, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.

You worship out of fear.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Thinking wrote:
There is no possibility of an all powerful compassionate god, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
You worship out of fear.
<quoted text>
I suspect it is more a case of "give me a boy under 7.." He'd be just as rabid a Zionist if his father had been one. He cannot conceive of a world free from religion, or even comprehend that point of view.

Arguably one could say science is silent on atheism, yet I think science and education seriously undermine these ancient religions, as well as newer fads like Scientology & Mormonism. All-inclusive Quakers and non-superstitious Unitarians create few problems as they welcome non-believers and respect history and science. Some supporters of Abrahamic religions try hard to pervert the lessons of history (equating atheism to oppressive governments) & distort science (ID/Creationism) to try to provide props for their irrational 'spiritual beliefs'.
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Give Muck a boy under 7 and some lube, more like.
I'm not too bothered about the label Atheist. I've utilised the scientific method to get from being brought up a christian to a position of not believing, so I guess I'm a rational sceptic.

Muck however, is just a disgusting paedophile apologist.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect it is more a case of "give me a boy under 7.." He'd be just as rabid a Zionist if his father had been one. He cannot conceive of a world free from religion, or even comprehend that point of view.
Arguably one could say science is silent on atheism, yet I think science and education seriously undermine these ancient religions, as well as newer fads like Scientology & Mormonism. All-inclusive Quakers and non-superstitious Unitarians create few problems as they welcome non-believers and respect history and science. Some supporters of Abrahamic religions try hard to pervert the lessons of history (equating atheism to oppressive governments) & distort science (ID/Creationism) to try to provide props for their irrational 'spiritual beliefs'.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..Our Disability to see Him, is our fault, not His.
If you think clearly, you cannot tell anything about a cause (designer), through the effects (nature). If anything at all, nature would indicate the existence of an impersonal Deity who is indifferent to human beings. Alternatively the universe is created solely by natural causes, which is the sensible conclusion given total lack of evidence of any gods.
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

How so?

Your god has stayed hidden for longer than Bin Laden!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Atheism doesn't replace anything in the sense you are discussing. Atheism yet again is simply not believing in a god.

Islam has proven itself to be false because it relies on violence and honor killing if someone wishes to leave it.

If Allah existed and Islam were his religion there would be no reason to violently attack and kill those who left or would not join Islam.

Since Islam relies so heavily on violence and killing to gain and keep members we can clearly see it's false.

Reflect on it please.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If there is "NOTHING" to believe in Atheism, then how it would replace anything?

PS:

CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Amusing waste of time
Humor finds you funny
<quoted text>
I agree! You are a complete "waste of time"!

And... and not even remotely amusing, only ignorant, juvenile and deliberately immature.

You are a POSTER CHILD for atheism... we thank you for your unwitting support.

"There is nothing more negative than the result of the critical study of the life of Jesus.

The Jesus of Nazareth who came forward publicly as the Messiah, who preached the ethic of the kingdom of God, who founded the kingdom of God upon earth, and died to give his work its final consecration, never had any existence...

He is a figure designed by rationalism, endowed with life by liberalism, and clothed by modern theology in a historical garb."
~Albert Schweitzer

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
What did you have before you got your first phone? What did it replace?

Being an atheist means you do not have theism. Being atheist means that one has no god claims. I do not claim a blue god, a volcano god, a Abrahamic god, a Hindu god, nor any other god. I claim no gods.

Why are you so slow that you cannot understand that? Did you ingest leaded paint chips in your pablum as a child, or was it that you were thighed, and your brain shut down in an act of self preservation?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

CI wrote:
SLAVE of Allah...

Your God would like to thank you for your belief and patronage. In order to better serve your needs, He asks that you take a few moments to answer the following questions. Please keep in mind that your responses will be kept completely confidential, and that you need not disclose your name or address unless you prefer a direct response to comments or suggestions.

1. How did you find out about your Deity?
___):_____

2. Which model Deity did you acquire?
___
3. Did your God come to you undamaged, with all parts in good working order
and with no obvious breakage or missing attributes?
___ Yes
___ No

If no, please describe the problems you initially encountered here. Please indicate all that apply:
___(
4. What factors were relevant in your decision to acquire a Deity? Please check all that apply.
___
5. Have you ever worshipped a Deity before? If so, which false god were you fooled by? Please check all that apply.
___ Mick Jagger
___
If you are able to complete the questionnaire and return it to one of our conveniently located drop-off boxes by October 31 you will be entered in the One Free Miracle of Your Choice drawing (chances of winning are approximately one in 6.023 x 10 to the 23d power, depending on number of beings entered).
Ans.

Did you take the test yourself? What was your score? 0 out of Infinity?

Yes that is what I guessed!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,077
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••