Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15690 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
We are atheists Muq not Christians. So what you are saying is that Christians and Muslims are guilty of killing their women?
Perhaps you are seeing why society needs to move away from Islam and Christianity then?
<quoted text>
Do you mean Atheists do not kill innocent women? When did you visit USSR, North Korea and Cuba?

These are Model Atheists for every one.

You people are puny hiding behind shadows of religious people.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15691 May 12, 2013
NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one more example:

4. Our Power of Understanding and Analyzing:

Of all the living forms on the earth, it is humans who have the power of understanding and analyzing events happening before them.

While every living creature “sees” natural events, but none but humans “observe it”. Some life forms might have some specialized skills for some very specific case, but all in all it is humans who score much above them.

Human brain is the most complicated machine existing on the earth. Human Super computers are rudimentary compared to power of human brain.

And another quality that human have is “transfer of knowledge and info from one man to another”.

It is this transformation of Information which is the root cause of buildup of human civilization. All other living or dead specie continue to live in similar ways as were their forefathers, except humans.

It was God’s mercy to separate us from Apes of jungles, but we Thank Darwin to “tell us” that we are from same stock as the Apes.

Is it not negation of Mercy of God that He separated us from Apes, but Darwin and his fellows are “hell bent” to prove that we are descendents of apes.

Are we thankful to God for His mercy?

Please reflect on it.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#15692 May 12, 2013
Cuba is certainly not atheist they are overwhelming christian! Hahaha!
The USSR is defunct in case you didn't know and most in North Korea are Christian or Buddhist.

And no atheists do not have honor killings like you have daily in your country among your fellow Muslims. Atheists do not sell their children as child brides like you do, atheists do not chop off the noses and ears of disrespectful woman like Muslims do.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean Atheists do not kill innocent women? When did you visit USSR, North Korea and Cuba?

These are Model Atheists for every one.

You people are puny hiding behind shadows of religious people.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#15693 May 12, 2013
None of this was being discussed here Muq you as usual are spamming like a robot from your scribd page.

I suppose you must do this because you are unable to explain why Muslims are so barbaric like beasts with your honor killings and child brides. Perhaps instead of spamming you can own up to these facts that are common in your religion.

Please reflect on it.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

The question is very simple,Please reflect on it.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15694 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of a child? According to my definition any male who has reached the age of puberty is not a boy but a man.
And any female who has reached the age of menstruation is not a girl but a lady.
So our prophet did not marry any girl, but a lady.
Digusting. I feel sick reading that.

I can understand if you want to cling to some delusional superstition. But to defend pedophilia is absolutely vile.
Get real

Rochester, NY

#15695 May 13, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand if you want to cling to some delusional superstition. But to defend pedophilia is absolutely vile.
It seems to be a common theme in the Abrahamic faiths. Disgusting. It kinda makes one wonder if pedophilia was the original intent. A time-honored, "sacred" tradition.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15696 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".
So I will just give you one more example:
4. Our Power of Understanding and Analyzing:
Of all the living forms on the earth, it is humans who have the power of understanding and analyzing events happening before them.
While every living creature “sees” natural events, but none but humans “observe it”. Some life forms might have some specialized skills for some very specific case, but all in all it is humans who score much above them.
Human brain is the most complicated machine existing on the earth. Human Super computers are rudimentary compared to power of human brain.
And another quality that human have is “transfer of knowledge and info from one man to another”.
It is this transformation of Information which is the root cause of buildup of human civilization. All other living or dead specie continue to live in similar ways as were their forefathers, except humans.
It was God’s mercy to separate us from Apes of jungles, but we Thank Darwin to “tell us” that we are from same stock as the Apes.
Is it not negation of Mercy of God that He separated us from Apes, but Darwin and his fellows are “hell bent” to prove that we are descendents of apes.
Are we thankful to God for His mercy?
Please reflect on it.
Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15697 May 13, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Mud is a real life scum bag.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15698 May 13, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be a common theme in the Abrahamic faiths. Disgusting. It kinda makes one wonder if pedophilia was the original intent. A time-honored, "sacred" tradition.
I think when the Bible/Quran was written nothing was seen as wrong with it. Morality changes over time. In the late iron age (bible) and 7th century arabia (quran) they saw nothing wrong with slavery, concubines, child brides, animal sacrifice, genocide, etc.

Today we are more civilised, at least some of us are, and reject such practices as barbaric and immoral. Such primitive thinking does not meet our standards of ethics or morality in the modern world.
Thinking

Wigton, UK

#15699 May 13, 2013
Nothing much has changed in 1400 years.

sunni murder shiite.
shiite murder sunni.

They're still looking for someone else to blame for being cu*ts.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. First of all it is not a "must" that as soon as boys and girl reach the age of marriage they be married.
It is a legal position, and any one doing so will not be breaking any rule or code of law.
Delaying marriage is individual's decision and it should remain like that.
02. Women traveling alone should have a male guardian with them, is to save women from hardship and save their personality.
We see so many cases of single women traveling alone, get molested in almost every country of the world.
Islam protects women and does not want to put them in dangerous situations.
Those doing so pay the price every now and then.
It is there choice, take it or leave it.
PS:
Nothing much has changed in 1400 years, human psychology has remained the same.
Only the men have become bolder and the crimes against women and violence is on the rise.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15700 May 13, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I defend it? You have to get your eyes checked!!

Obviously you do not know the definition of the word you want to defend.
Lincoln

United States

#15701 May 13, 2013
IN the UK atheism seems to be making progress politically, not so much in the USA...just saying

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15702 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15703 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You justified it using your perverted beliefs.
Thinking

Wigton, UK

#15704 May 13, 2013
Today mohammed would be a paedophile.

Therefore it is wrong to live your life by the koran.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#15705 May 13, 2013
The main source on Muhammad's life are Muslim sources written in Arabic, which include the Qur'an and accounts of Muhammad's life written down by later Muslims, based on oral traditions. These sources are known as s&#299;ra and hadith.

Outside of the Qur'an there isn't any evidence.

All three of the desert religions are based on previous myths.

There are no eyewitness accounts.

There is only a massive amount of hearsay,(evidence?) Written decades after the alleged events by Alleged profits - soothsayers & 'saviors in training' etc.

Atheists do not care which deity you choose to worship. We DO NOT believe in deities or any religions that support these imaginary deities.

Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. Although this new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15706 May 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
IN the UK atheism seems to be making progress politically, not so much in the USA...just saying
Rubbish. Religion and superstition are declining.

Atheism is simply disbelief in gods...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15707 May 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
There are no eyewitness accounts.
There is only a massive amount of hearsay,(evidence?) Written decades after the alleged events by Alleged profits -..
Good points. The evidence is very weak. No reasonable person can believe such nonsense.
Danny Henry

Paris, France

#15708 May 13, 2013
Lincoln

United States

#15709 May 13, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Rubbish. Religion and superstition are declining.
Atheism is simply disbelief in gods...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...
Possibly in the UK, but in the USA the people who pass the laws seem to regard Judeo-Christian ethics when voting.

The Democratic Party dropped atheism/secularism in 1992 with the Election of President William Jefferson Clinton and has carrier a majority vote for President in 1996, 2000, 2008 and 2012. President Clinton won a plurality in 1992. Right wing impeached President Clinton in a failed attempt to thwart the will of the people.

Which atheist has been elected in the UK as PM?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 min Simon 2,770
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min Science 61,764
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 4 hr Eagle 12 99
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 15 hr Eagle 12 5,972
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Tue Regolith Based Li... 28,326
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
More from around the web