Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#15614 May 10, 2013
People live together in peace while you bash Jewish and other people? Do you have any idea how insane you sound?
MUQ wrote:
01. Calling USA a "free country" while Zionist Jews controlling your media and finances is a mockery!The peace shall come only when people realize to live together

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#15615 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but Libre and Open Office can literally do anything MS Office can. Also, most servers online are Linux, most hub systems are Linux/Unix. Almost none are Windoze. If you want to be a tech in the modern world, you at least need to know Linux, if you don't, you will never be a real tech.
Meh. Keeping up with the latest and greatest takes its toll on a person. Especially so if you are trying to support older (than 5 or 10 years) tech.

It's gotten to the point now where when I hear of an upgrade being done, I think.. "Crap. I wonder how many bugs slipped through and we have a silently ticking timebomb."

It's getting to the point where a person might start to pray something like "Jesus Christ! Let us not be led into significant downtime and deliver my manager from having to explain what went wrong and reflecting poorly on our annual review."

Nehwon

#15616 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
MS-DOS, you mean. As in, the grandfather of MS-Windows. Windows use to be the desktop enviro for MS-DOS, it only recently became an actual operating system, the one change I hate most, actually, and why I use nothing but Linux now.
As to your forum problem, devs are not there to answer the questions, they are busy, very busy, most of them not only dev for an entire operating system that has to deal with thousands of hardware "standards," that change every single day, they also have real lives and real jobs. Posting questions of "how do I?" on a developer's forum for any project will likely be ignored, you go to the users not the devs. IRC is the best place to look, and that goes for anything open source, not just the operating systems. Of curse there are the rare exceptions to the rule, but that's the gist of it. As to the "manual" ... I assume you mean the manpages, those are included in the live CD, and one of the reasons they cannot ship the entire collection of drivers for all hardware anymore, they have to translate them into a LOT of languages now. If you are looking online, and it "vanishes," welcome to the internet.
"As to your forum problem, devs are not there to answer the questions, they are busy, very busy, most of them not only dev for an entire operating system that has to deal with thousands of hardware "standards," that change every single day, they also have real lives and real jobs."

And this right here is why Linux and open source is a problem.

When your production stuff is being blended into a fan, you don't want to hear "We're busy."

When it comes down to it, you can have the most super thing ever developed but if you can't get someone on a problem (and there will be problems), it's playing Russian roulette in business.

When your application goes down and is down for 24 hours, you better have someone onsite to fix that stuff. And it's worth every penny for that kind of support.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15617 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um what? So many fallacies I'll pick the ears.
Our machines are capable of picking up sounds that our ears cannot hear at all. Our technology is capable of actually segregating and detecting audio artifacts that you could not even fathom exist.
Now the fun part, there are a lot of audio "illusions," in which the ear plays tricks on us, so many in fact that they are ignored by our brains often enough to cause us to actually miss a lot of sounds around us.
Oh yeah, and the feline ear is capable of hearing a feather land on grass, we cannot, even in optimal situations. Many other animals can hear in a wider frequency spectrum that only our technology is capable of replicating.
Ever try to hear under water? Sound in water travels farther and remains clearer than any other medium, yet our ears will muffle that sound, depending only on air vibrations. A dolphin can hear sonar pings or even words through the glass wall of a tank.
For such a "great" organ, it sure has a lot of blatant flaws.
Remove your ears and "fix" your machines in its place!!

I did not know you were so Dumb!!

Ask the people who made those machines, how they compete against Natural Ears.

If you "misuse" your ear, it is your fault or ear's fault?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15618 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, you love your assertions without evidence so much you will buy into any story that has no evidence supporting it while dismissing everything that has evidence supporting it just so you can have an excuse to hate people.
Do you not use the same tactics to hate Islam and Muslims?

Why you complain if we use the same tactics?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15619 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
People live together in peace while you bash Jewish and other people? Do you have any idea how insane you sound?
<quoted text>
Will you define insane in a "Positive way"!!

I know how confused your Atheists are!!

Nehwon

#15620 May 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did try Unbuntu. At the advice of several Linux self-styled "experts". It was well before the 'net thingy you talked about-- I have no idea what that is/was.
The distro I used was free-- I downloaded from the "official Unbuntu" page, the IMG file, burned it to a CD, and then booted off that onto a newly-formatted, blank hard disk.
No other powered hard drives in that box, at that time-- just to keep it all clean and simple.(that is, I had other HD's but they were all disconnected at the time).
This was, what? 2-3 years ago? Something like that. I'd use my BIOS boot-menu now and again to boot it up, let it update, and play with it from time to time.
A little more than a year ago, I upgraded to same-sized twin monitors-- I have had 2 monitor setup since Windoze 98, but always my "main" monitor (larger), and then a secondary one (smaller), useful for notes, side-bars, etc. It always went blank during games (for example). With the twin setup, I discovered the wonders of virtual desktops in games-- with twin monitor gaming, a whole new level of game real-estate opened up.
And that was when my dalliance with Linux went to garbage-- Linux simply does not like multiple monitors. It just doesn't.
Or else? That is a secret so carefully hidden, that ordinary beginners such as myself, are Not Allowed To Participate.
You know-- that L33t thing again, that so many posters in the official Linux forums are so fond of...
You went further than I did. A long time ago, I looked at Linux and did some research. It seemed promising but it really sounded like a PITA. In other words, a hobbyist OS and not ready for prime time. But I'm sure things have changed since then.

The last thing I want to do from firefighting computer problems at work is to come home and keep doing it on the home computer.

So has Linux progressed far enough where it isn't a step or two or three of the latest hardware?

Lexington, KY

#15621 May 10, 2013
I wasn't the one who said all words had to have a positive definition, that was you.

Are you really this ignorant?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Will you define insane in a "Positive way"!!

I know how confused your Atheists are!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15622 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not use the same tactics to hate Islam and Muslims?
Why you complain if we use the same tactics?
Did your prophet marry a child? Yes, or no.

Nehwon

#15623 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Even if you "try" to define God, you will be unable to do it. So it is no "shame" that you did not do it. We know about that bits about God, which He Himself reveals in His revelation to His Prophets. That info is "More than sufficient".
02. Eating Pork or doing any thing which has been expressively banned by God, is not a Trivial thing. It is a challenge to the Authority of God as a Law Giver. And if any one does these things to Challenge God' power as law Giver, then he or she is a Rebel.
Slapping any human is bad….but try slapping a Police officer or a Military officer….? You challenge the Might of the State!!
03. Islam is not "ism", it is a state of belief and a way of life. Isms usually deal with a small portion of human life.
04. There is nothing called "god squad", It is duty of "every Muslim" to ask his brother to come for regular prayer. Any Muslim "denying" prayer, has committed a very great sin.
05. The Penalty increase for multiple offenses (as in any legal system) and in the end their business shall be closed down for good.
06. The rulers should be selected with the consent of people. When you "trust" goons like GWB the Great to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, why cant we trust our Muslim rulers?
07. I do not mind what Title you give to Lenin or Stalin, but people will soon forget their names. Only Prophets of God have ever living names in the hearts of their followers.
08. There are so many "battered wives" in your society, I do not know what they say about your system.
With the first and second reading of your reply here, there was nothing there that I wanted to engage in a argument. And upon reflection, not even acknowledging your post was truly an insult.

Considering your past replies to me, I'm guessing you had a bad day.
jacktheladat1

High Wycombe, UK

#15624 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I never dreamed that I will use that phrase for you!!
The clueless on THIS thread are those that haven't a clue what its topic is. IF the cap fits..........
Lincoln

United States

#15625 May 11, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Stalin's atheism has no relation to modern western atheism and constantly harping on it has no purpose except an either clueless of vile ad hominem. Its only possible motivation is simple hatred.
Your opinion noted.
Atheism in North Korean might be examined.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15626 May 11, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
With the first and second reading of your reply here, there was nothing there that I wanted to engage in a argument. And upon reflection, not even acknowledging your post was truly an insult.
Considering your past replies to me, I'm guessing you had a bad day.
Thank you for your considerate reply to me.

I doubt any one defending Islam ever had a good day, especially in this post-9/11 charged atmosphere!!

We do not demand anything from our listeners, our aim is to tell the truth and please our Lord.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15627 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your prophet marry a child? Yes, or no.
What is your definition of a child? According to my definition any male who has reached the age of puberty is not a boy but a man.

And any female who has reached the age of menstruation is not a girl but a lady.

So our prophet did not marry any girl, but a lady.

Nehwon

#15628 May 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion noted.
Atheism in North Korean might be examined.
So Godly Christians have retreated back to North Korea as the boogeyman?

Where will you point your Godless accusing finger next? Cuba? Iran? Antarctica?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15629 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of a child? According to my definition any male who has reached the age of puberty is not a boy but a man.
And any female who has reached the age of menstruation is not a girl but a lady.
A country full of pedophiles is what you are supporting.

Lexington, KY

#15630 May 11, 2013
There are several Christian churches and other houses of religion up and running well in North Korea indeed. Like all citizens there they must show respect to their dictator but that's about it.

Many in North Korea are Christians.
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>So Godly Christians have retreated back to North Korea as the boogeyman?

Where will you point your Godless accusing finger next? Cuba? Iran? Antarctica?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15631 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are scum.

Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

You and your religion are a cancer on the world.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15632 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A country full of pedophiles is what you are supporting.
I don't about mud makes me sick.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15633 May 11, 2013
Correction:-

I don't about you mud makes me sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 28 min tha Professor 1,022
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min ChristineM 231,916
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr James 5,945
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Pahu 1,422
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 19 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 19 hr thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 23 hr Catholic Girl 27

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE