Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15563 May 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I think this thread has gone "too much off the track".
It has turned into a Computer Software Learning Thread.
At least this is better than their idiotic claim that "Atheism will replace religion in 2308).
Atheism, a system that no one has defined so far with any "positive thing" in it.
And here they are cracking their heads over MS-DOS, Windows, Linux and what not!!
Good for mental relaxation,!!
Carry on, Carry on!!
Liar with no proof of god who doesn't know when to shut the f*ck up and go back to his cult cave.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15564 May 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
All of what you say, confirms my previous statements.
Linux is not the magical superior OS you pretend it is, I get that.
In fact, I figured that out all on my own.
It's like the 'C' language: lots of hype, little that was actually lived up to in the real world.
Thanks!
Sorry, but your first statement is contradicted by the statement I made many times of "if you don't like it then don't use it because the OS choice is really just opinion anyway." Please, I want to continue thinking of you as intelligent so I will remove myself from your "debate" now.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#15565 May 10, 2013
What you think matters not Muq. Can you tell us the positive definition of infidel?
MUQ wrote:
Carry on, Carry on!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15566 May 10, 2013
NT wrote:
MUQ, how do you know god is merciful ?
Ans.

The question is very simple, but answer requires books upon books, in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".

So I will just give you one example:

Do you know how much it will cost you to build an "Artificial eye" using all your brains and all technology at your disposal.

And God gave you two working eyes "for free" when you were born.

Is THAT not a sign of His Mercy?

Who would have stopped Him, if every human was born blind? We would have called THAT as a "Natural Birth"!!

Think on this and do not hasten to make "off hand" or rhetoric comment.

MUQ
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15567 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What you think matters not Muq. Can you tell us the positive definition of infidel?
<quoted text>
Why should I?

I NEVER made the idiotic claim that Infidels will replace religious people in the world in year 2038.

Scottsburg, IN

#15568 May 10, 2013
Is infidels advance humanity while you find it acceptable to sell children into forced marriages at age 6.

Your savage behavior is the real reason why more and more people chose the civilized way of reason.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I?

I NEVER made the idiotic claim that Infidels will replace religious people in the world in year 2038.

Scottsburg, IN

#15569 May 10, 2013
You claimed all words must have a positive definition, so by your own guideline preset the positive definition of infidel.

If you are unable to you have once again demonstrated the ignorance of the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#15570 May 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I?
So in other words, infidel just means anyone who disagrees with you. That includes the majority of the world already.

Scottsburg, IN

#15571 May 10, 2013
And a majority of Muslims as they cannot even get along with each other!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words, infidel just means anyone who disagrees with you. That includes the majority of the world already.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#15572 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And a majority of Muslims as they cannot even get along with each other!
<quoted text>
I think that was implied in my original post. ;)

Since: May 13

UK

#15573 May 10, 2013
Upgrade your Jamb result and change of institution call Kunle on: 08122846495 for Asistance.

Since: May 13

UK

#15574 May 10, 2013
Upgrade your Jamb result and change of institution call Ade on: 08122846495

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15576 May 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I?
Oh? which idiotic claim did you make then? Because they're all idiotic.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15577 May 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..in Quran Allah says "If you (try to) count Allah's bounties, you will not be able do so".
Do you understand this is in the "third person". The narrator refers to characters as "he", "it" and "they", and not "I" (first person) or "you" (second person).

The point I am making is that the Quran like the Bible is words ABOUT God, not the word OF God.

If God/Allah wrote a book it would be in the first person.

The author or authors of the Quran write about God and write about "prophets" based on plagarism from the Bible and earlier books.

The author/s are either a) mentally ill, or b) being deliberately deceptive. The same goes for the authors of the new testament.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15578 May 10, 2013
Just noticed the quote is in the second person, referring to the reader as "you". But the point still stands. If the author of the Quran was Allah, he would write a book in the first person.

And of course such a volume would be so mind blowingly perfect, there would be no dispute about how perfect it is in science, history and archaeology.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15579 May 10, 2013
BBC stands by Panorama exposé of Sharia Councils..
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/05/bbc...
Senior British Muslims such as Baroness Warsi also called some of the councils' secretly recorded comments 'disgraceful'.

"As Nazir Afzal, said in the film:'Most of them are absolutely fine but there are some …who are putting women at risk."
Unquote
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#15580 May 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
It has turned into a Computer Software Learning Thread.
At least this is better than their idiotic claim that "Atheism will replace religion in 2308).
Atheism, a system that no one has defined so far with any "positive thing" in it.
And here they are cracking their heads over MS-DOS, Windows, Linux and what not!!
Good for mental relaxation,!!
Carry on, Carry on!!
Dwell on this... ;)

We are #3 ! Half of Christianity is not Catholic
Islam, like Christianity is losing

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adheren...

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion

OOPS!

Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/ Atheist: 1.1 billion

Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand

Allah willing - shalom - yours in Christ
< Rolls eyes>
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15581 May 10, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwell on this... ;)..
Good points. Also to bear in mind, according to theists we all deserve to go to hell. The only way to avoid this evil abode is to believe in Christ/ Muhammed/ Krishna/ Buddha. Take your pick of saviours from one of the highly contradictory religions!!!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15582 May 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
BBC stands by Panorama exposé of Sharia Councils..
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/05/bbc...
Senior British Muslims such as Baroness Warsi also called some of the councils' secretly recorded comments 'disgraceful'.
"As Nazir Afzal, said in the film:'Most of them are absolutely fine but there are some …who are putting women at risk."
Unquote
Another interesting article on why Sharia law has no place in Britain.
http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/02/her...

1. Women "women are still not considered equal in most Islamic settings. A woman's testimony is worthy half a man's in Islam. She gets half the inheritance of her male siblings; a woman's marriage contract is between her male guardian and her husband. A man can have four wives and divorce his wife by simple repudiation using the word "Talig", whereas a woman must give specific reasons, some of which are extremely difficult to prove."

2. Children "Top of the list is child marriage. Under Sharia law, a girl is eligible for marriage as soon as a girl begins her first period. This makes it difficult to maintain a minimum age for girls to be married. Considering there were at least five cases recorded in the London Borough of Islington (including girls of only 9 years old), I wouldn't bother to count the number of child marriages in Islamic states where it is legal."

3. Homosexuals "On this particular issue, Islam, as well as Christianity and Judaism, hold the same intolerant view."

4. Non-Muslims
"Under Sharia law, no one is allowed to force someone to convert to Islam, however, someone who is born into an Islamic family will grow up with extreme social pressure from their family. If this person wishes to convert to another religion or be an atheist, they are often considered an apostate, which can be punishable by death."

5. Non-Believers and Atheists "Did you know that free thinking and freedom of speech are a crime punishable by death, public flogging and imprisonment in the 21st century? I have seared in my memory the brutal persecutions and executions of many atheists and scientists for the simple crime of critical thinking."
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#15583 May 10, 2013
~~~\\\\|||
~~(@@)
~oOo--O--oOo
REPUBLICANS HOLD HEARINGS ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON’S POLL NUMBERS

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Republican lawmakers asked increasingly tough questions today as they held another day of hearings to investigate, in the words of Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California),“Hillary Clinton’s suspiciously high poll numbers and what can be done to make them lower.”

“With the help of Fox News, we have brutally attacked Hillary Clinton for months, and yet she remains more popular than ever,” Rep. Issa said.“This committee needs to know how that happened, and how we can keep it from happening in the future.”

Rep. Issa pointed to recent polls showing the former Secretary of State trouncing every potential G.O.P. Presidential candidate,“even a skinnier version of Chris Christie.”

“We demand an answer to one simple question,” he said.“What does Secretary Clinton know that none of us knows?”

In his boldest allegation of the day, Rep. Issa accused Secretary Clinton of “cynically using her post as Secretary of State to become wildly popular with the American people.”

“I invite her to these hearings to answer those charges,” he said.

Wrapping up for the day, Rep. Issa warned the former Secretary of State that he was just getting started:“Once we Republicans decide to investigate someone, we don’t stop. If Secretary Clinton doesn’t believe me, she should ask her husband.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 11 min Eagle 12 - 10
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 2 hr Eagle 12 - 145
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 5,998
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 94,357
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... Thu nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20