Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
14,561 - 14,580 of 21,490 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

We would need way too much bandwidth for what Bush cannot be forgiven for :)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then Bush cannot be forgiven for the Iraq war, bailouts, and raising taxes either.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Yet they hanged an atheist for just being an atheist.

And you wonder why the world looks upon you as beasts?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>In Islam death penalty is not for "Minor Crimes" or on "Minors".

Those talking against death penalty are who do not know human nature and how crime rate goes higher when there is no deterrent punishment and when justice is denied or delayed due to the western court system, where every "protection" is given to the criminals and "Lawyers" are available to use every trick in the book to get their clients off hook.

The "sympathy" of law is with criminals and not with the victims, who have no protection or recompense for the wrongs they suffered.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he did a lot of stupid things, yes, but he didn't do all bad. The DADT thing became an issue when he was in office because he actually put a motion to repeal it, one of the good things he tried to do, but got shot down by the military generals and other Repugs. The bailouts were stupid, but he was trying to do something right at least, and the US public kept complaining that he wasn't doing enough when he was doing the right thing, you can't blame the president for what the public wanted technically, but he demonstrated a weakness in doing so which cannot be ignored.

But you are right, analyzing his presidency would take a ton of bandwidth.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... there's that.

The Iraq War Dead alone is ... atrocious.

If Bushy had had an actual SENSE OF JUSTICE? He'd have killed himself in remorse, just for all the ruined lives he, personally, caused.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
http://www.atheismuk.com/2013/ 05/06/events/inside-britians-c reationist-schools/
Thanks,
an interesting site

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yet they hanged an atheist for just being an atheist. "
Can you think of a better reason?
Your hate is showing.

Who Would Jesus Hang?

I bet YOU know...don't you?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate is showing.
Who Would Jesus Hang?
I bet YOU know...don't you?
As intelligent as asking if Jesus would buy Windows or Apple.

If he wanted to avoid crashes, Apple !

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

May be a double post. Topix burp.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Please tell the "Qualities" of the Creator of the Universe, which your observations "reveal".
Then we will see how the concept of God which we worship tallies and surpasses all that which your observations tell you.
02. So you thing eating Pork is all that religion is about?
03. Do you know what is Ism? To call Islam as ism, shows only your ignorance.
04. I am living for many years in Saudi Arabia, and I have not seen any one being jailed for not going to prayers.
The people who do not close down their shops in market at prayer times, might face some penalty for violation of local laws.
You should know that in Islam there is no separation between Secular and religious duties. Ruler of state is also responsible to see that Islamic system is enforce on ground.
And if you think, every one is so reasonable to follow laws and rules, why you have Traffic Police and Normal Police in your countries?
Why do you not leave it to "good sense" of citizens to follow these "Most reasonable laws"
The truth is you protect which you consider is of value. There is no value of religion in your countries, so you do not care a damn about it.
In Islam it is different.
01. I will not even try to describe god in human terms considering what we've discovered of the universe. The best I can do is only offer guesses and I certainly would not try to enforce my guesses as dogma. You may as well ask me if the mathematical concept of infinity is sympathetic or can be angered.

02. No. Eating pork is not everything religion is about. However, certain religions has included the prohibition of eating pork. It seems trivial, don't you think?

03. "ism" does apply to Islam. And a whole host of other religions and other aspects of life. Look it up in the dictionary.

04.1 Because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. How about a game then? If you are so sure, tell the god squad you aren't going to answer the call to prayer. And no, you may not dress as a European/American/infidel.

04.2 "The people who do not close down their shops in market at prayer times, might face some penalty for violation of local laws."

Considering everyone is forced into the mosque, why should a business stay open when there aren't any customers? And what is the fine for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th offense?

04.3 "You should know that in Islam there is no separation between Secular and religious duties. Ruler of state is also responsible to see that Islamic system is enforce on ground."

So the ruler has final say so in matters both political and religious. Basically, you are saying your leaders of religion are as trustworthy as a politicians.

04.4 Saudi Arabia also has traffic and normal police.

And there's a difference between laws passed by us mere mortals by representative processes than with dictatorial edicts by a dictator present and from the past (via holy books). Given enough time, whitewashing history and propaganda, even Stalin could be heralded as the "Last Prophet" in a few hundred years. Granted it would be a lot more difficult know as the internet allows quick and easy research for dubious claims.

04.5 " There is no value of religion in your countries, so you do not care a damn about it."

Because religion is not withstanding the test of time. Whenever we discover something that contradicts the dogma, it's either suppressed or another lie needs to be constructed to support the previous lies. Given time, the religious dogmas start sounding as ridiculous as Santa Claus.

04.6 "In Islam it is different."

This sounds suspiciously like what a battered wife would say.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would, if I was close enough-- I don't think what he did was right.
But. I'm not the one in charge of Obama's life-- HE is-- it was HIS decision. One I do not agree with, but then again, I was not there, and I did not have all the facts that HE had.
On the other hand? If ANYONE deserved killing? Osama was one of those who did. But he was a VICTIM of your evil Islam-- as much a victim as any girl who gets ACID in the face is..
... your horrid religion is one of VIOLENCE.
You ought to UNDERSTAND President Obama's decision VERY WELL--
--- IT IS ONE YOU WOULD HAVE DONE, IF OSAMA WAS NOT ONE OF YOUR TRIBE!
You Islamic TERRORISTS have been MURDERING EACH OTHER FOR CENTURIES.
Sheesh, but you are a hypocrite.
Why are you stuttering?(Just like GWB the Great before 9/11!!)

Why should we feel shame? We are not against death penalty or killing.!!

It is you who are unable to decide what to do!!

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the problem. Here in this country, all religions are supposed to be equally separated from the state.
Key word there is "supposed."

And a key concept there is that the religions should not be trying to dictate policies of the state.

There are intersections of state and religion with the easy example of "you may not murder."*

*this, of course, assumes there's a translation error of the "Thou shalt not kill" Commandment where kill == murder. Otherwise, the infallible Bible folks are going to have a hard time defending a self defense plea or admit there is an error in the Bible. But they are well trained in compartmentalization and may claim that's not a problem at all because they are completely unrelated.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you stuttering?(Just like GWB the Great before 9/11!!)
It is you who are unable to decide what to do!!
Oh look its another post from the coward MUQ with no proof of god in it.

Will MUQ shut the f*ck up and stop lying about his hallucinations to intelligent athiests?

No, because he is a brainwashed religious troll who suffers from the mental illness of faith.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you stuttering?
I'm not--it is impossible to stutter in written words.

But dramatic pauses are possible, which is how I write.

I'm sorry your brain is so damaged, you read with a stutter, though...

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
New information from a 12-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.  Doctors are searching for a gene that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”
For the time being psychiatrists and research psychologists in Germany and Switzerland are calling this medical anomaly,“The Misfit Syndrome.”
Doctors at the University in Hamburg have been investigating the connection between religious beliefs and overall mental health and the results of the study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Originally the study was an obscure student investigation about the power of prayer over illness — a study which eventually showed that prayer had virtually no effect on the eventual outcome of a disease process — but something happened along the way in that study that pushed the study into another direction and into the hands of research physicians, clinicians, psychotherapists and various professionals in the field of social science.
“Overt atheism, in other words, atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts –  was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmer MD PhD
It's obvious you are cut and pasting so provide the link.

Let's hope it's not The Damien Zone.

That set off my A-V with a trojan alert and blocked it, I hope. Who knows what else might have slipped past.

Religion - spreading diseases of the mind and computers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Because you are MURDERING SCUM.

That is why you should feel shame...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word there is "supposed."
And a key concept there is that the religions should not be trying to dictate policies of the state.
There are intersections of state and religion with the easy example of "you may not murder."*
*this, of course, assumes there's a translation error of the "Thou shalt not kill" Commandment where kill == murder. Otherwise, the infallible Bible folks are going to have a hard time defending a self defense plea or admit there is an error in the Bible. But they are well trained in compartmentalization and may claim that's not a problem at all because they are completely unrelated.
Yes, there is that-- compartmentalization. It's how they manage to hold several conflicting ideas (their bible) in their head at once...

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
"All" religions are not "equally" separated from the state.
This is a general claim which is made, but the roots of religion are so deeply inside the psyche of humans, that no one can totally erase it.
Communists did their best to erase it in USSR for more than 70 years, but once the "pressure" was removed, the people went back to their religions.
So there is not "total separation" from state and religion in any society. Irrespective of what they claim.
And not 'all" religions are treated as same. There is Islam which is marked for criticism and negative propaganda in most western countries.
And the media in most of these countries is in the grip of a very small minority group.
'"All" religions are not "equally" separated from the state.'

You conveniently discarded a qualifying clause of "Here in this country," (assuming he meant the US) and then you built up your strawman and easily knocked it down.

Quite simply, the idea that a state could be established without a religion sponsor was a revolutionary idea ~200 years ago.

Kings do not rule by Divine Right anymore but there are a lot of people who wish to go back to that or stay the same way forever <cough>Saudi Arabia<cough>.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
Religion - spreading diseases of the mind and computers.
Yes... they are not aware enough to NOT be victims of computer fraud-- what with them already being victims of ideological fraud...

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Another thing which I notice is that you come back to square one, when we have already covered that.
It was discussed and I told you that God has no beginning, and gave you arguments about them, but again you make the same statements.
Then you say Physical laws had no beginning, how can this be true, when this Universe had a Beginning?
These laws were Created when the Universe was created. And this Universe cannot be created and function, unless a Super Intelligent Creator, Knows everything and has Power to do what He wants and Wills and there is No One to stop Him from doing what He wishes.
This is the Creator for you.
And you ridicule that "water cycle" designed by Creator is "faulty", you "design and implement" a scheme to provide water to every living creature on this earth.
Why whole earth, just do it for your city and ensure every living thing gets drinking water to survive.
It is very easy to criticise the design of others, especially for those, who have "Not Created" any thing.
If the laws were not created, then how come they came into existence? Why the force of Gravity should decrease by the Square root of the distance between the two objects, why not cube, why not raise to the power four?
The same is true about every law, they were fixed and they are followed everywhere in the Universe.
The matter "did not decide" to follow these laws, they were "mode to follow" them.!!
Why only Physical laws, I have given reasoning that EVERYTHING is Created by God, because things do not create themselves and they cannot be created by "mere chance"!!
You say a lot of words to try to convince us you "know".

The origins of the Universe is a puzzling question. And I'm satisfied with this answer "We don't know. Yet. But we're working on it."

While you on the other hand claim positively "God!"

And as we discover more, your God grows smaller and retreats further into the gaps of knowledge.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not but nuclear inferno is on its way of human destruction. Fukushima was another stage and it is not the least one.
Still banging the gloom and doom drum.

I've yet to hear your ideas to solve any of the problems of energy or economics or religion.

All you do is just bitch and moan and complain about everything that is wrong.

Stop booing and hissing from the peanut gallery. Get up on the soapbox - give us your ideas for making things better.

Endure the slings and arrows of drive-by posters like yourself and counter the criticism and mocking of your ideas.

At least, MUQ does that and, as such, deserves more respect than you. Even if I disagree with nearly everything MUQ says...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 37 min USN Atheist 32
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min KiMare 226,146
100% Faith Free 2 hr religionislies 7
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr religionislies 6
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr NightSerf 395
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 10 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 13 hr Patrick 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••