Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,043

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#15324 May 5, 2013
Well said! They are already feeling the heat of technology and have an army of so called reasonable Muslim apologetics try to make sense of their barbaric nature.

They get into trouble though when trying to debate people of reason and the rage comes out.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Islam in the present day, is at the same place where Christianity was, back during the Dark Ages.

Alas, in this modern day-- there is technology that enables even a small group, to have global consequences.

We cannot afford a modern-day "dark ages under islam"...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15325 May 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the victims of Hitler....the families of 6 millions Jews he killed and take their approval.
Do the same from the relatives of victims of 9/11.
And then you will find where you stand in the world. May be they lynch you before you have finished your arguments!!
If you live in a dream world then it is OK.
PS:
Lock them up without Parole and Spend TAXPAYER 's money on their upkeep!!
Are you SANTA?
And what is the situation in GITMO? People locked up without trial and conviction?
Hey gutless still no word from you about:-

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15326 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I have read any number of diaries by Holocaust survivors, who are against the death penalty--even for Hitler. They realize, as I do, that stooping to the same level of a monster, turns you into the same sort of monster you are trying to stop.
But you are a Muslim-- you are ALREADY a monster--at least, your religion is.
Religion of peace? Not even a little-- you belong to a religion of SUBMISSION-- the LITERAL name of your cult.
And submissives are just sheep-- ready for the slaughter.
Just like your leaders want-- you play right into their hands.
Their monstrous hands...
Most civilized countries have dropped the death penalty.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15327 May 5, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they have-- as civilizations evolve and discover better ways to be, and to govern people?

They realize that stone-age behaviors, and even bronze-age myths, are best put on the history shelf.

In favor of adult ideas, such as killing ought to be the extreme, last resort, after everything else is considered.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15328 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I have read any number of diaries by Holocaust survivors, who are against the death penalty--even for Hitler. They realize, as I do, that stooping to the same level of a monster, turns you into the same sort of monster you are trying to stop.
But you are a Muslim-- you are ALREADY a monster--at least, your religion is.
Religion of peace? Not even a little-- you belong to a religion of SUBMISSION-- the LITERAL name of your cult.
And submissives are just sheep-- ready for the slaughter.
Just like your leaders want-- you play right into their hands.
Their monstrous hands...
Ask Obama WHY he sanctioned the Killing Of Osama?

Ask those Judges at Nuremberg Trials why they awarded death penalty to those Nazi Leaders.

In fact you have to provide more and more reasoning for your illogical position and not me.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#15330 May 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The storming Mormon didn't have a chance lol :))
Obama hasn't been perfect and he has done some things that pissed me off to be sure. On the other hand he has done much to help us progressives so it's a mixed bag. Even Bill Clinton messed up but at least he like Obama tried.
Unlike any GOP president.
<quoted text>
Clinton cannot be forgiven for not vetoing the repeal of Glass Steagal and for Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Obama cannot be forgiven for not fighting for real healthcare reform.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15331 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point. However I think you can make arguments for or against the death penalty.

The most pressing question is why would you agree with the death penalty for minor crimes?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15332 May 6, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton cannot be forgiven for not vetoing the repeal of Glass Steagal and for Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Obama cannot be forgiven for not fighting for real healthcare reform.
Then Bush cannot be forgiven for the Iraq war, bailouts, and raising taxes either.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15333 May 6, 2013
In news today..'Hang atheists'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22423815

Islamic protest turns violent in Dhaka 15 died.

Chanting "Allahu Akbar!" ("God is greatest!") and "One point! One demand! Atheists must be hanged".

Religion is truly messed up that part of the world. I hope they get an age of reason soon.
Tom

Beacon, NY

#15334 May 6, 2013
RALPH STAIR PROPHET OF JESUS CHRIST

This is from the Walterboro Forum
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked the South Carolina Sex Offender list today and Stair is not on there. His slick lawyer probably was able to keep him off of it via some technicality. I read some of Stair's earlier court documents though, and he admitted under oath that he was arrested once in Oklahoma back in the 1960's or 1970's because a little girl had said that Stair "made some sort of gesture at her." I sure wish I could locate that full police report. No telling what he actually did to that little girl way back then. Before he finally settled in South Carolina, he traveled quite a bit. No telling how many victims of his abuse are actually out there.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#15335 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Bush cannot be forgiven for the Iraq war, bailouts, and raising taxes either.
You know I agree with you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15336 May 6, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I agree with you.
Then I cannot disagree.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#15337 May 6, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point. However I think you can make arguments for or against the death penalty.
The most pressing question is why would you agree with the death penalty for minor crimes?
In Islam death penalty is not for "Minor Crimes" or on "Minors".

Those talking against death penalty are who do not know human nature and how crime rate goes higher when there is no deterrent punishment and when justice is denied or delayed due to the western court system, where every "protection" is given to the criminals and "Lawyers" are available to use every trick in the book to get their clients off hook.

The "sympathy" of law is with criminals and not with the victims, who have no protection or recompense for the wrongs they suffered.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15338 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask those Judges at Nuremberg Trials why they awarded death penalty to those Nazi Leaders.
In fact you have to provide more and more reasoning for your illogical position and not me.
Hey gutless still no word from you about:-

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15339 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the victims of Hitler....the families of 6 millions Jews he killed and take their approval.
Hitler was Catholic, every single Nazi belt had "in God we trust" written on it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the same from the relatives of victims of 9/11.
Caused by your cult. You shameful people take no responsibility.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you will find where you stand in the world. May be they lynch you before you have finished your arguments!!
If you live in a dream world then it is OK.
We stand away from mindless violence and fear spread by hateful ignorant people like you who ruin society for the rest of us.

And we are proud to stand away from you lunatics. YOu stil haven't grown up and understood humanity - that's why you still cover your women like children and hide from the emotions your god gave you.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Lock them up without Parole and Spend TAXPAYER 's money on their upkeep!!
Are you SANTA?
And what is the situation in GITMO? People locked up without trial and conviction?
Liars with no proof of god have to use violence, because intelligence and reason is not their speciality. They are all intellectual cowards after all.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15340 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In Islam death penalty is not for "Minor Crimes" or on "Minors".
Those talking against death penalty are who do not know human nature and how crime rate goes higher when there is no deterrent punishment and when justice is denied or delayed due to the western court system, where every "protection" is given to the criminals and "Lawyers" are available to use every trick in the book to get their clients off hook.
The "sympathy" of law is with criminals and not with the victims, who have no protection or recompense for the wrongs they suffered.
For all your meandering bullsh*t poetry none of your cult could prove its god.

Shame on your liars spreading your hate with no proof.
henry

Germany

#15341 May 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/07/...
Bishop Willard and his favorite planet: Kolub were totally unsatisfactory for leadership.
Romney wanted to run the country, keeps his money offshore to avoid taxes - Bain's business is to take advantage of other businesses - manipulate them for personal profit, then move onto the next victim.
Classic vulture capitalists
Congress for all practical purposes is a joke
we should pass three constitutional amendments that will go a long way toward fixing the core problems we now have. These include:
a) A constitutional amendment that fixes our broken electoral system by 1) completely removing campaign contributions from the political process; 2) requiring all elections to be publicly financed; 3) moving election day to the weekend to increase voter turnout; 4) making all Americans registered voters at the moment of their birth; 5) banning computerized voting and requiring that all elections take place on paper ballots; 6) term limits.
b) A constitutional amendment declaring that corporations are not people and do not have the constitutional rights of citizens. This amendment should also state that the interests of the general public and society must always come before the interests of corporations.
c) A constitutional amendment that will act as a "second bill of rights" as proposed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt: that every American has a human right to employment, to health care, to a free and full education, to breathe clean air, drink clean water and eat safe food, and to be cared for with dignity and respect in their old age.
In the nuclear Age US citizen will never get those freedoms from their superprofits billionairs. Billionairs will always hunt for superprofits and during the whole history of These Nation they get this by uninterrupted wars.
henry

Germany

#15342 May 6, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I do not want my tax money going for for-profit education, on either the secondary or college level, nor do I want it to go for any religious school or student (except for busing and meals so they won't starve or get run over, if they are too poor to do it otherwise). The latter is contrary to the Constitution, I think. The money going to for profit schools should go to education in community colleges, and to online versions of public colleges and universities, and secondary education. I suspect that there will be a sort of indoctrination from the for profit schools, at least a pro-unfettered capitalism indoctrination - why should my tax money go for that? I despise unfettered capitalism as much as I do rightwing religion, and they are mostly in cahoots.
Maybe the good for profit schools should just try to become regular non-profit universities, if they do a good job. Take a look at what Harkin and Durbin have uncovered about their methods.
You know I mostly agree with you also, to the extent thta I do not find it necessary to spend much time on an atheist forum because I know you are holding the fort for views very similar to my own, and doing it well. But now and then I check in to see if all is well.
I have been watching many cable channels recently, comparing news reporting and opinion. HLN reminds me of witch hunts. I would gladly give JA a knife and a gun and turn her loose in their studios, they are so bloodthirsty for the death penalty. The one for sure premeditated murder is the attempt of prosecutors to get a death penalty. I despise JM and all his flunkies and admirers, they remind me of the fox-hunting mentality - even if the fox did kill a chicken. or do you oppose the death penalty? I would assume that you do in most cases, since you substitute rational ethics for religious nonsense in matters of morals, I trust.
Capitalism is for profits, superprofits and this only is to get by unending wars. Since the beginnig of the US this Nation ever has led wars for this only purpose and now in a nuclear Age this will be its abysmal end!
henry

Germany

#15343 May 6, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
As Long as there is war the socalled "civilized countries" are at the stage of barbarian nations. As Long as These socalled nations have capitalism installed, they would ever make wars for reasons of profits. But in the nuclear Age this means their end as mankind!
henry

Germany

#15344 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed they have-- as civilizations evolve and discover better ways to be, and to govern people?
They realize that stone-age behaviors, and even bronze-age myths, are best put on the history shelf.
In favor of adult ideas, such as killing ought to be the extreme, last resort, after everything else is considered.
Not in the era of capitalism. Capitalism means always direct or indirect wars in the interest of super profits!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 230,977
Heaven 1 hr _Bad Company 43
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Carchar king 1,104
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 13 hr Hooogle It 77
Evidence for God! 17 hr Uncle Sam 43
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Wed Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE