Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 713)

Showing posts 14,241 - 14,260 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Jonny Eve sings it like it is....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
Religion = superstition and only fools fool themselves.
Religion is just superstition and the more people get educated, the less are religions believable!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe they were atheists most of them were Deists and Mason's. Thomas Paine could be the exception, But he was not a founding father.
“Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is no more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory to itself than this thing called Christianity”
“That God cannot lie, is no advantage to your argument, because it is no proof that priests can not, or that the Bible does not”
“There are matters in the Bible, said to be done by the express commandment of God, that are shocking to humanity and to every idea we have of moral justice”
“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”
“Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities”
Thomas Paine
Peace on earth?
Not as long as organized religion exists.
In capitalism peace is a stranger. In the nuclear age the humann race will come to an end!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see every thing in Universe and still think that its Creator is imaginary, then you need to get your head examined.
Some thing is seriously wrong with you!!
Of course there was never such a thing as a creator!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>All human flesh, barring that of other Islamic men, and women of an actual adult age is meant to serve the penis of the Islamic male. Raping another man is not considered homosexuality by them, nor is the rape of boy children. Homosexuality does not exist in the Islamic population, and that some of them exclusively use males to service their penis is nothing. Raping children is nothing, raping newborns is nothing, Allah is the god of pedophiles.
In human history there was never any god!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are purely arguing in favour of Deism, the belief in a "creator", without the need for religions, religious dogma, holy books and miracles, then I am ok with that. However a personal God, a prayer answering one which inspires prophets is very unlikely. Given that on a daily basis we see in the news horrific things like murders, terrorism, earthquakes etc, and God is inactive, and does nothing whilst bad things happen to good people.
Not even a single god was ever existing at all

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

How did earth get created without a God, dust CANNOT!!!! create itself, rocks cannot create itself and chemicals cannot create itself to create earth. That's perfect evidence, and I'll like to see you disprove it.
neener

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are purely arguing in favour of Deism, the belief in a "creator", without the need for religions, religious dogma, holy books and miracles, then I am ok with that. However a personal God, a prayer answering one which inspires prophets is very unlikely. Given that on a daily basis we see in the news horrific things like murders, terrorism, earthquakes etc, and God is inactive, and does nothing whilst bad things happen to good people.
god gave man free will, this is why we see all those things like murder and terrorism. For god to act on anyone thing he would have to act on all things, thus take away free will...but god has faith in man to do the right thing and man has faith in god. The problem is not with god but with man..man does what he wants then blames god is a man that has lowered himself.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

So it seems and note Muq has never denied this. He always wants to change the subject or say the evil west is worse lol!

As if there is a country called the west!

:))
<quoted text>All human flesh, barring that of other Islamic men, and women of an actual adult age is meant to serve the penis of the Islamic male. Raping another man is not considered homosexuality by them, nor is the rape of boy children. Homosexuality does not exist in the Islamic population, and that some of them exclusively use males to service their penis is nothing. Raping children is nothing, raping newborns is nothing, Allah is the god of pedophiles.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
How did earth get created without a God, dust CANNOT!!!! create itself, rocks cannot create itself and chemicals cannot create itself to create earth. That's perfect evidence, and I'll like to see you disprove it.
After you have studied Physics, Math, Astrophysics and Astronomy for a couple years you will understand.

Until then sit back relax and learn. In the mean time shut up and keep your worthless opinions to yourself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
So ... you assume, fallaciously, that everything must be created. Tell me, is gravity created or the result of mass?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Thinking is not your best thing, is it?

That's okay. In Genuine Christianity™, thinking is not only NOT required?

Thinking is actually a >>bad<< thing, if you are a Genuine Christian™.

You'll make an excellent one, I predict.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Even a catfish has to shave.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking is not your best thing, is it?
That's okay. In Genuine Christianity™, thinking is not only NOT required?
Thinking is actually a >>bad<< thing, if you are a Genuine Christian™.
You'll make an excellent one, I predict.
To be "Genuine Christian™" one must not think.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
To be "Genuine Christian™" one must not think.
Correct.

Question: what happens when a Genuine Christian™ learns how to think for him/her self?

Answer: they become an atheist... if they keep the thinking going, that is.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So it seems and note Muq has never denied this. He always wants to change the subject or say the evil west is worse lol!
As if there is a country called the west!
:))
<quoted text>
No, he never denies it, but he is more than happy to label me as mental for outing his perversions.

The babies cannot all survive these assults, he knows this and we know this. He knows that it is wrong or else he would defend it loud and proud. He also knows that the sexual mutiliation of girls is wrong, but he and his insecure fellow losers choose to over rule Allah's design, and implement thier own.

Imagine they use the girls sexually from birth, and when she is around six years old is when they begin slicing away the girl's flesh, so as a sex toy she can respond to thier sexual assults, as a wife she cannot.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

He has said child brides are approved and blessed by Allah as long as they have had their first menstruation or the age of 15 at the latest.
<quoted text>No, he never denies it, but he is more than happy to label me as mental for outing his perversions.

The babies cannot all survive these assults, he knows this and we know this. He knows that it is wrong or else he would defend it loud and proud. He also knows that the sexual mutiliation of girls is wrong, but he and his insecure fellow losers choose to over rule Allah's design, and implement thier own.

Imagine they use the girls sexually from birth, and when she is around six years old is when they begin slicing away the girl's flesh, so as a sex toy she can respond to thier sexual assults, as a wife she cannot.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there was never such a thing as a creator!
I am not going to your "unsolicited" words as authority or proof for such an important issue.

You only show your ignorance and haughty nature by making such "childish statements"
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think laws are necessarily created?
I think you are comparing physical laws with the judicial laws of different countries.
Physical laws are facts as well as abstract concepts.I don't think they need any creator.You have to answer me why such abstract concepts need a creator?
Though they control nature and matter(tangible ones),they themselves are not palpable or tangible.
And of course these abstract laws are not a result of contemplation of any human mind or God.If God has created these physical laws then definitely universe must have been having a mental aspect.Otherwise if one is to consider it rationally,it couldn't have been possible for him to establish these laws of universe.However,there is no such proof that universe having a mental aspect.We have been knowing it in terms of physical existence but not the one I said.(this is just my opinion.Don't become whiny that I am answering my own question.I want to hear your part what do you think of it).
Let's consider different legal systems and laws of countries.They all are ideas,right?Our governments frame these ideas in their minds and pass it onto people's minds.This is how we know them ,right?
This also proves the obvious fact that if there is no mental aspect of human beings,we cannot share ideas,right?
Let's say God has designed universe and framed those physical laws,that means God is telling matters to follow them,right?
Doesn't this mean that earth,sun,in fact,every atom of universe has a mental aspect?.Is it true? No.(if you feel yes,explain me)
This is from my side.
Now I want to hear it from your side
Explain me why creator must have been there for physical laws?
Again you are muddling the basis issue by raising all those unnecessary discussion.

You should stay focused at the main issue and should not diverge.

If the Physical laws were not "Created" then did they "Evolved"?

Can these laws create themselves or just came by chance?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice story. Except the prophets all teach different and contradictory things.
To take an example, I was watching this morning NHK World, on satellite, the Japanese new channel.
There was an interesting documentary on Zen Buddhism. There was a number of religious practices on show, including statues of Buddha, praying for ancestors, meditating for enlightenment, monks collecting alms, praying sutras to expel bad spirits. There is no worship of one God of Abraham here. This religion seems very foreign and wholly different to the Abrahamic religions popular in the West and Middle East. What is your explanation?
Ask these follows are they following Buddha?

Did Buddha made a statue of him and asked his followers to kneel before it and worship it?

Who did it?

Ask the same people and then why they call themselves Buddhists when they do not follow Buddha?

PS:

And what I said about Buddhists, is true for most other religions. Christians do not follow Jesus.

Hindus do not follow their Vedas etc.

People who mostly follow their scriptures are Jews and Muslims.

But Jews have confined themselves into a racism and do not preach and propagate their religions to other people.

It is Muslims who follow the example of their prophet and preach and propagate their religion to every part of the world.

And every nation, race, language and ethnic group is welcome into this house of Universal Brotherhood, the biggest Non Racial organization you would find in the world, even in our present times.

I am not boasting. It is true.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to your "unsolicited" words as authority or proof for such an important issue.
You only show your ignorance and haughty nature by making such "childish statements"
You are a spineless little godbot why will you not comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,241 - 14,260 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Aura Mytha 223,962
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 5 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 7 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 15 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••