Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Apr 13

Tbilisi, Georgia

#14992 Apr 23, 2013
interesing....

Signature
----------
baby&me - the new evian film

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14993 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you praying does no harm to me personally. It is more a friendly word to say that speaking to an imaginary friend, does not make any sense. Whilst meditating may give you a sense of comfort, religions can also be psychological damaging. You have to believe in a lot of superstition and nonsense. Many people with religion live in fear that they and their loved ones will end up in hell. Needless to say, this is purely and imaginary fear, with no basis in reality.
Praying is the only part of their religion that does no harm because while they are praying they are not thighing, marrying off children, stoning young girls to death, bombing, whipping and beheading other people.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14994 Apr 23, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying is the only part of their religion that does no harm because while they are praying they are not thighing, marrying off children, stoning young girls to death, bombing, whipping and beheading other people.
Havent you heard islam means "peace" and the prophets are kind people cuddling lambs and giving everyone flowers and hugs... according to the brainwashed Muq :)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14995 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Havent you heard islam means "peace" and the prophets are kind people cuddling lambs and giving everyone flowers and hugs... according to the brainwashed Muq :)
Sorry, that's right 9/11 was actually an Interflora delivery.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14996 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you praying does no harm to me personally. It is more a friendly word to say that speaking to an imaginary friend, does not make any sense. Whilst meditating may give you a sense of comfort, religions can also be psychological damaging. You have to believe in a lot of superstition and nonsense. Many people with religion live in fear that they and their loved ones will end up in hell. Needless to say, this is purely and imaginary fear, with no basis in reality.
If you see every thing in Universe and still think that its Creator is imaginary, then you need to get your head examined.

Some thing is seriously wrong with you!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14997 Apr 23, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsolicited advice is almost always a waste of time. No one here ever asked for your advice. No one here wants it. No one here believes that you even think on a level that would make your advice anything other than laughable. If you think your presence here serves any useful purpose other than as an example of the kind of theist folly that supports the atheist position in ways that even we cannot, you are deluding yourself.
And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14998 Apr 23, 2013
Several people have asked him for his advice actually. You are nothing more than a clear example of the barbaric nature created by Islam.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14999 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see every thing in Universe and still think that its Creator is imaginary, then you need to get your head examined.
Still no comment from you on:-

Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15000 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?
Still no comment from you on:-

Libertarian

London, UK

#15001 Apr 23, 2013
Sadly I think religions will be with us for a long time to come.

No leaders will give up that method of oppressing and control their uneducated masses anytime soon.
(America is the most perfect example. most of your founding fathers were atheists but you cant handle that as a population. Your politicians have to lie because for some reason you don't want a leader unless he's got a magical friend in the sky.
We get the fate we deserve.)

Think for yourselves? No leader wants that!

The long term survival of our species depends on co-operation.
Our world was at a crossroads in the 80's. Thanks to Reagan and Thatcher (boo hiss) we took the path which values money over people rather than the alternative. We cannot go back without global effort.

They have doomed us.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15002 Apr 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
No leaders will give up that method of oppressing and control their uneducated masses anytime soon.
(America is the most perfect example. most of your founding fathers were atheists but you cant handle that as a population. Your politicians have to lie because for some reason you don't want a leader unless he's got a magical friend in the sky.
Our world was at a crossroads in the 80's. Thanks to Reagan and Thatcher (boo hiss) we took the path which values money over people rather than the alternative. We cannot go back without global effort.
They have doomed us.
That's funny because I've come to the opposite conclusion. C'est la vie.

Lexington, KY

#15003 Apr 23, 2013
Muq has stated that killing even children is acceptable if they are ( causing chaos ) as he put it.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Still no comment from you on:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2rgSH0h45EoXX

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15004 Apr 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq has stated that killing even children is acceptable if they are ( causing chaos ) as he put it.
<quoted text>
Yep, he is a real low life and thinks he is in a position to preach morals to us atheists.

Lexington, KY

#15005 Apr 23, 2013
That is the funny part! I mean that's like a swine telling you to pay your mouth with a napkin between bites!
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, he is a real low life and thinks he is in a position to preach morals to us atheists.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#15006 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on MUQ,you call everyone insane who doesn't believe in God.But you haven't produced any evidence here that could plausibly explain that God exists.
But your rather coming up with childish posts like this.
Explain me Why physical laws cannot be governed on their own?
Now don't call me a mental patient.You have to prove your point rather than attack on people.
Imhotep

United States

#15007 Apr 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
They have doomed us.
I don't believe they were atheists most of them were Deists and Mason's. Thomas Paine could be the exception, But he was not a founding father.

“Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is no more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory to itself than this thing called Christianity”

“That God cannot lie, is no advantage to your argument, because it is no proof that priests can not, or that the Bible does not”

“There are matters in the Bible, said to be done by the express commandment of God, that are shocking to humanity and to every idea we have of moral justice”

“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”

“Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities”
Thomas Paine

Peace on earth?
Not as long as organized religion exists.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15008 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are purely arguing in favour of Deism, the belief in a "creator", without the need for religions, religious dogma, holy books and miracles, then I am ok with that. However a personal God, a prayer answering one which inspires prophets is very unlikely. Given that on a daily basis we see in the news horrific things like murders, terrorism, earthquakes etc, and God is inactive, and does nothing whilst bad things happen to good people.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#15009 Apr 23, 2013
Enjoy life. Life is too short to worry. Have a sausage roll :D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#15010 Apr 23, 2013
realist wrote:
Hey atheists,you know that inner thought inside of you that tells you something you are about to do is wrong and you shouldnt do it.That is your GOD conscious that almighty God put in you. its called a spirit. God puts this spirit in everybody. every time you go against your GOD conscious you drift farther and farther away from GOD. finally you will one day call yourself an atheist because you lost your spirit and have no conscious.
your
So basically, you are schizophrenic to an actual clinical level?

That's sad, buddy. Seriously. Get help-- before you go make a bomb or something...
Thinking

Reading, UK

#15011 Apr 23, 2013
Are muslims allowed to eat horse?:D
spudgun wrote:
Enjoy life. Life is too short to worry. Have a sausage roll :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Eagle 12 10,803
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 244,914
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 43 min dirtclod 20,606
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 53 min ChristineW 14,660
John 3:16 55 min Shizle 77
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 6 hr NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 9 hr thetruth 42
More from around the web