Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 21,903

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14866 Apr 20, 2013
SG wrote:
01. You're saying if women work, you get divorce and same sex attraction?!? Wow!

02. BTW You could do a few chores round the house too, your wife may appreciate the help ;)
Ans.

01. Where did I say that if a woman works, she should be divorced? I said that Islam does not place burden of earning bread for family on women's shoulders.

But that does not prevent her from working and helping her husband (as in agriculture based society or households where they run family type of business),

If need be, she could work outside also, but in positions where she does not have to mingle with stranger men very often (like being a waitress on ground and in air (Air hostess they call him these days)), or being a Model to display her secret charms to general public.

Wow!!

02. Like wise husbands should do to help his wife in house works also. But it is not their main duty.

Husbands and wives when they work as a team can do many things jointly.

A women "knows" how to get things done thru her husband.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14867 Apr 20, 2013
FS wrote:
So everything has a beginning, right?
And your God has no beginning.
That means God is an imaginary.....:D
Please explain if I am wrong and do not start complaining that I am being the prejudging the things. If one excludes God from his own perception of existences,then they have to give enough proof that how such is possible.
I don't know how cosmic energy came into existence.So,I can't say if they really have been there without any beginning.That was just an analogous argument against yours and not a theory that I wanted to profess here.
Why do you think I am an hypocrite?I am not selling any theory without proof.
Secondly,Why do you think physics laws are governed by some entity and not on their own?What is illogical in that to say physics laws are not governed by some 'supernatural' entity?
Your prophets were hypocrites for sure.Otherwise they would have given sufficient proofs that they received messages from God.
And don't you believe that they performed miracles that defied laws of physics?
Eg: Splitting of moon.
Please explain.
Ans.

Again you are back with many dozens of your questions and doubts and self answers and then more questions.

The rule of "everything has a beginning" does not apply to God. Because He is not a "Thing"

And if you think that these Physical laws created themselves or came by chance or evolved over time, then you are in need to consult some Mental doctor.

So please just limit yourself to one question per episode.

I have neither time nor intention to answer these dozens of questions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14868 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Muq
Did you read about the three men who were deported from Saudi Arabia because they were too handsome?
How long before Islamic men have to wear burkahs?
http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/04/sau...
This is funny news, send it to Ripley the believe it or not guy!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14869 Apr 20, 2013
This was never brought up in this thread!! Stop spamming or have all your spam posts marked for deletion.

You have been warned about this before Muq and you know it.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. Where did I say that if a woman works, she should be divorced?.

Lexington, KY

#14870 Apr 20, 2013
Are Muslim child brides funny news? What's your opinion of the two Muslim terror bombers in Boston?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>This is funny news, send it to Ripley the believe it or not guy!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14871 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Again you are back with many dozens of your questions and doubts and self answers and then more questions.
The rule of "everything has a beginning" does not apply to God. Because He is not a "Thing"
And if you think that these Physical laws created themselves or came by chance or evolved over time, then you are in need to consult some Mental doctor.
No such thing as god - you're just making it all up.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#14872 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Where did I say that if a woman works, she should be divorced? I said that Islam does not place burden of earning bread for family on women's shoulders.
But that does not prevent her from working and helping her husband (as in agriculture based society or households where they run family type of business),
If need be, she could work outside also, but in positions where she does not have to mingle with stranger men very often (like being a waitress on ground and in air (Air hostess they call him these days)), or being a Model to display her secret charms to general public.
Wow!!
02. Like wise husbands should do to help his wife in house works also. But it is not their main duty.
Husbands and wives when they work as a team can do many things jointly.
A women "knows" how to get things done thru her husband.
We know how women are treated under Islam:

"Your marriage has broken down. You have grown apart and are no longer happy together. You don't have a great deal of money so divorce (which is expensive) can wait. For now, you'll separate and get on with your lives.

You start seeing somebody new – a new lease of life even. It's exciting and life is fun again.

The idea that the police will knock on your door and ask questions about your new relationship is ludicrous. It's your own business. It's your private life. Your love life. Your sex life. The thought that the state should interfere and tell you who you can sleep with doesn't enter your mind.

That is because you live in a secular country. If you lived in a theocracy, not only are the police likely to knock on your door, but you may well be executed – by being buried up to your chest and having stones thrown at your head until you die. This is what happens in many Islamic states today (which are not secular) and it would also happen if the Bible were our legislator – this also demands death for adultery."

Anne Marie Waters

Nottingham, UK

#14873 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny news, send it to Ripley the believe it or not guy!!
What's funny is how you don't believe how ridiculous life under Islam can get.

Here you go...

http://lmgtfy.com/...

Once again, when will men have to wear burkahs?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14874 Apr 20, 2013
GM wrote:
01. You seem to be agreeing with me that the more we discover via science, the more amazing the universe is.

02. Please allow me to ask a specific question about one of the 5 pillars of Islam - Salat.

Does Allah command that you run to the mosque to kneel in worship?

Or is that the state using religion to do that?

Would it be considered acceptable to fulfill Salat by thinking of Allah 5 times throughout the course of your day without going to mosque? Would that be acceptable to the state?
Ans.

01. The wonders of Universe shall continue to unfold as our knowledge of the universe increases.

In Quran there are many verses in which Allah calls us to discover Universe and see how things are working there. Quran draws our attention to the Water Cycle, changing of day and night and they getting short / long, ships sailing in open sea, birds flying and "gliding" in air, germinating of seeds and date palms….there is hardly any other scripture which has so many "scientific verses".

But that does not mean that there will be any "fundamental change" in the concept of Allah and His powers that Quran preached since the first day.

Our increase in knowledge base, only gives us more glimpses of His power, but we can never to the "level of faith which earliest Muslims had.

02. Salat and its regularization in Saudi Arabia:

There are something which are of fundamental importance and some which come when you try to implement some thing on ground. I would try to provide some details to clarify the matter to you:

A. Importance of Salat:

a. Many verses of Quran and sayings of prophets tell the importance of these Daily Prayers. In fact offering prayers is the test to distinguish between a Muslim and a Non Muslim.

b. Quran says that "… Prayers are enjoined on believers at stated times". And there are many Quranic verses and sayings of the prophet, which fix the times of each of these prayers. There is beginning time for each prayer and there is an ending time.

c. The prayers do not benefit Allah in any way, but they invoke in believers regular remembrance and we thank Allah for all His gifts and favours of us.

d. So one thing is certain that every Muslim, must offer their Salat five times every day.

B. Praying in the Mosques:

a. Islam believes in a strong social bond between its members and people to know about each other. Due to that (and many more reasons, which Allah and His Messenger know best), it has been made almost compulsory for men to offer their obligatory prayers in the mosques.

b. Offer of congregational prayers is the most important job of Islamic mosques. Where Muslims gather five times and stand in queue to offer their thanks to Allah.

c. When they stand in straight rows all distinction of race, language, position, color vanish and all stand in one line to show that they are slaves and servants of same Allah. This one act has made Islam the most non racist of all religions of the world.

d. Only women, sick persons and those who are unable to go to mosques are exempted from these prayers.

e. There is no difference in the importance and status of any of these five regular prayers.

f. No Muslim has power to change the number of prayers or prayer units, because Quran says specifically It is not fitting for a believer man or woman to have any option, once Allah and His messenger have decided on a matter…" (33:36)

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14875 Apr 20, 2013
D. Saudi Govt. and their "excesses" to implement the Prayer system in KSA.

a. Saudi Arabia has been a "traditional" 100 % Muslim society, so most of them are nor aware as to how to work in a mixed society. It is not their fault, they have been brought up by them.

b. Saudi Govt. has made rules that when prayer call is given all shops, restaurants must close down and every one should go to mosques to offer prayer. A Muslim will not find any fault or offer any excuse not to go and prayer when call is given.

c. And since many Muslims try to act "modern" and do not go for prayers, so the Govt. has made "Dept. of Guidance and Prevention of Evil" to supervise and ask those Non Muslims to go to prayer. If every Muslim was going voluntarily there was no such need.

And Govt. has right to use force to ask Muslims to go for prayer when the call is given.

d. But that causes some problem for certain Non Muslims who are in the market place, that some time they are also told to go to mosques. I think these Non Muslims should use this opportunity to go and see how Muslims pray.

Going to house of Allah and seeing how Muslims pray, will not change their religion for them!!

But if they say "I am not a Muslim" or "ANA MA FI MUSLIM" (in Arabic), the person will say nothing to him.

This is the best way to deal in such situations, I do not provide any apology to any one. As a Non Muslim you have right to not be forced to go to mosque…

It is because of Saudi People not able to distinguish who is Muslim and who is Not Muslim, because of difference in languages and nationalities.

This is from my own knowledge and Allah knows Best.

PS:

I thank you for asking a very good question.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14876 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go...
Another funny thing is your face...send it also to Mr. Ripley, believe it or not guy!!

PS:

Men wear "Burka" already in Islam. Allah first orders male to dress properly and lower their gazes when they see any strange female......after that Allah orders females to dress modestly and lower their gazes
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14877 Apr 20, 2013
KHATRU wrote:
We know how women are treated under Islam:

"Your marriage has broken down. You have grown apart and are no longer happy together. You don't have a great deal of money so divorce (which is expensive) can wait. For now, you'll separate and get on with your lives.

You start seeing somebody new – a new lease of life even. It's exciting and life is fun again.

The idea that the police will knock on your door and ask questions about your new relationship is ludicrous. It's your own business. It's your private life. Your love life. Your sex life. The thought that the state should interfere and tell you who you can sleep with doesn't enter your mind.

That is because you live in a secular country. If you lived in a theocracy, not only are the police likely to knock on your door, but you may well be executed – by being buried up to your chest and having stones thrown at your head until you die. This is what happens in many Islamic states today (which are not secular) and it would also happen if the Bible were our legislator – this also demands death for adultery."

Anne Marie Waters
Ans.

So both Bible and Quran agree that adulterous men and women should face death penalty.

Now coming to the Sex Life in Secular society, you are not satisfied with your partner… and divorce is expensive….and second marriage is taboo (and Police will come knocking on your doors, if you commit this heinous crime).

So you go and establish sexual relations with another women…and if you do not like that women, then with another women….there is no limit as long as you both are happy.

But is any of the relations become "complicated" (i.e. girl gets pregnant (due to her not taking "precautions" or you not taking precaution) etc.)….then you wash off your hands with the matter….and leave the girl to deal with the matter.

What else is difference between living in heaven and in Secular society.!!

PS:

In religious society, you have to divorce the girl (which is not expensive) or marry a second wife (which is not expensive).

But living an adulterous life is taboo. But Police will not come knocking to your door.

Some one has to lodge complaint and bring four eyewitness to confirm his allegation against man or women.

Living in religious society is as great to living in heaven as on this earth.

This Anne Marie Waters looks like to be the Fool of First Waters and only fools should contact her for solutions to their problem.

United States

#14878 Apr 20, 2013
And when did anyone here discuss this Anne Marie person? Oh that's right they didn't you are just spam blasting the board again.

Indeed we see how barbaric the bible and Quran are. And actually the NT says let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... So your knowledge even in your mindless spam is lacking.
MUQ wrote:
So both Bible and Quran agree that adulterous men and women should face death penalty.
This Anne Marie Waters looks like to be the Fool of First Waters and only fools should contact her for solutions to their problem.
Lincoln

United States

#14879 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go...
File-sharing isn't just a good way to get the latest episode of your favorite TV show. It's also a religion. Kopimism is an officially-recognized faith in Sweden, and has established a church in the US too. Its credo? Copying information is holy.

Founded by Swedish college student Isak Gerson in 2010, Kopimism was recognized as a religion in Sweden last year. The name is a play on the phrase "copy me," and Gerson told New Scientist that he and his fellow worshipers had had "this faith" for many years before solidifying it into a religion. He added:

We worship the value of information by copying it ... Information is the building block of everything around me and everything I believe in. Copying it is a way of multiplying the value of this information.

United States

#14880 Apr 20, 2013
I hear in Islam if you are buried with a dead pig on top of you then you get 127 virgins and 3 palaces! Even better if your remains are fed to pigs Allah loves it!

:))

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#14881 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
So why does God defy the logical rule "everything has a beginning."?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14882 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
File-sharing isn't just a good way to get the latest episode of your favorite TV show. It's also a religion. Kopimism is an officially-recognized faith in Sweden, and has established a church in the US too. Its credo? Copying information is holy.
Founded by Swedish college student Isak Gerson in 2010, Kopimism was recognized as a religion in Sweden last year. The name is a play on the phrase "copy me," and Gerson told New Scientist that he and his fellow worshipers had had "this faith" for many years before solidifying it into a religion. He added:
We worship the value of information by copying it ... Information is the building block of everything around me and everything I believe in. Copying it is a way of multiplying the value of this information.
Yes, but like Jedi, Kopimism shouldn't be confused with Abrahamic religions.
http://www.jedichurch.org/
They use religious language and many people who put Jedi on the UK census forms were using absurdity to object to the wording of the question, which seemed to presume that people normally have a religious faith. There's the Satanist Church, the Atheist Church and other 'atheist religions'. They're generally without superstitious beliefs and often aren't taken seriously even by many or most of their own founders and followers. I know because a contributor to Topix's Atheist Forum explained why he put Jedi on the UK census form and I know someone else who did. He is a jovial atheist who happens to enjoy things like Star Wars and Dr Who.

If doing anything beyond having a laugh, they seem to be trying to make a point. They don't really worship anything; nor hold any particular world view, ideology, or problematic dogma. They don't interfere in politics, science, morality, education or law much either, so far as I can see.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14883 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Now coming to the Sex Life in Secular society, you are not satisfied with your partner… and divorce is expensive….and second marriage is taboo (and Police will come knocking on your doors, if you commit this heinous crime).
So you go and establish sexual relations with another women…and if you do not like that women, then with another women….there is no limit as long as you both are happy.
But is any of the relations become "complicated" (i.e. girl gets pregnant (due to her not taking "precautions" or you not taking precaution) etc.)….then you wash off your hands with the matter….and leave the girl to deal with the matter.
What else is difference between living in heaven and in Secular society.!!
PS:
In religious society, you have to divorce the girl (which is not expensive) or marry a second wife (which is not expensive).
But living an adulterous life is taboo. But Police will not come knocking to your door.
Some one has to lodge complaint and bring four eyewitness to confirm his allegation against man or women.
Living in religious society is as great to living in heaven as on this earth.
Hey, gutless.
Still no comment from you on:-

Nottingham, UK

#14884 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Another funny thing is your face...send it also to Mr. Ripley, believe it or not guy!!
PS:
Men wear "Burka" already in Islam. Allah first orders male to dress properly and lower their gazes when they see any strange female......after that Allah orders females to dress modestly and lower their gazes
Dumb Muslims. Your country is becoming the laughing stock of the world.

Deporting men so they don't arouse your women covering those same women from head to toe in black cloth so as not to arouse the men.

No wonder all your women are frigid.

I've heard that Muslim men refer to foreplay as "defrosting the refrigerator".

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#14885 Apr 20, 2013
And now, something completely different...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 11 min Patrick 176
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Eagle 12 227,297
What Bums Me Out Most About Being an Atheist 40 min californio 88
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr susanblange 119
Stump a theist with 2 questions 6 hr NightSerf 9
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 6 hr TheHeadlines 28
Becoming a parent changed everything. 8 hr Givemeliberty 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••