Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,041

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14784 Apr 18, 2013
Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!

I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It almost makes be believe in a god, again-- to witness the miracle of a person who really >>is<< this stupid, but is able to read & write...

... then I realize that all it takes is a patient teacher of reading/writing....

... and I also realize just how many of these unsung heroes of our time, who manage to teach people that stupid, to ... read.

Kudos to modern teachers of the willfully stupid!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14785 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And your brain as well.
<quoted text>
That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14786 Apr 18, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.
I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.

Lexington, KY

#14787 Apr 18, 2013
Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.

Seriously seek professional help.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.

Since: Apr 13

Honolulu, HI

#14788 Apr 18, 2013
One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

Lexington, KY

#14789 Apr 18, 2013
I guess you missed all the destruction, death and terror brought about from that same good teachings.

Tell your story to the 19 year old girl who had her nose and ears chopped off for running away from the man she was forced to marry at age 7.
Cia624 wrote:
One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14790 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!
I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
<quoted text>
Indeed-- hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons seem to be a requirement to be a good True Believer these days.

Either that, or taking some mighty strong drugs combined with some other equally strong medications, all downed with a liter of vodka (or a sixpack of beer--depending on what part of the GodBot kingdom you hail from...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14791 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
Indeed.

It's a damn shame, though...

... about yours, I mean.

Isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14792 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.
That explains...

... a great deal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14793 Apr 18, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
That's fine, if you also ignore the OTHER lessons that religion teaches as well:

1) women are property (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

2) slaves should obey their masters (same as above)

3) all sex is bad (Genuine Christianity™)

4) sex with kids is fine (common to Genuine Islam™ and Genuine Catholicism™)

5) women should just shut the f**k up, and be good little subservient sex-slaves (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

6) men are in every way that counts, superior to women and children (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

7) only men deserve heaven (Genuine Islam™)

There's more, but it's all ugly.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14794 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.
Seriously seek professional help.
<quoted text>
I've been seeing the same psychiatrist for 36 years, he's Jewish and he does believe in me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14795 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
It's a damn shame, though...
... about yours, I mean.
Isn't it?
My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.
Lincoln

United States

#14796 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.
You may add some of the humor lacking on the forum.
Obviously you are a Republican state senator?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14797 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I've been seeing the same psychiatrist for 36 years, he's Jewish and he does believe in me.
If I were in your position, I would demand a refund.

He hasn't helped your insanity...

... of course, you could have been much-much worse, before...

... I know, I know... that's hard to imagine....

United States

#14798 Apr 18, 2013
Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha !
POE!

Sorry you went way overboard there but it does show how schizophrenic many believers are.

Thanks for the laughs!
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14799 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha !
POE!
Sorry you went way overboard there but it does show how schizophrenic many believers are.
Thanks for the laughs!
<quoted text>
yeah... the insanity is strong in this one...

Lexington, KY

#14800 Apr 18, 2013
It's not real man it's gotta be an act.
<quoted text>yeah... the insanity is strong in this one...

Honolulu, HI

#14801 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you missed all the destruction, death and terror brought about from that same good teachings.

Tell your story to the 19 year old girl who had her nose and ears chopped off for running away from the man she was forced to marry at age 7.
If someone kills himself over a possibly a nonexistent dream then that seems to be his fault. It's a shame how much stupid people can get to the point they would die for anything

Honolulu, HI

#14802 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>That's fine, if you also ignore the OTHER lessons that religion teaches as well:

1) women are property (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

2) slaves should obey their masters (same as above)

3) all sex is bad (Genuine Christianity™)

4) sex with kids is fine (common to Genuine Islam™ and Genuine Catholicism™)

5) women should just shut the f**k up, and be good little subservient sex-slaves (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

6) men are in every way that counts, superior to women and children (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

7) only men deserve heaven (Genuine Islam™)

There's more, but it's all ugly.
If you are looking at the bad things and the bad things only then that's your fault. I fortunately know which teaching to honor and reject. There will be always be a bad side to anything in this society I always try to look at the good side of things.

Lexington, KY

#14803 Apr 18, 2013
Such is the fact with religion.
Cia624 wrote:
<quoted text>If someone kills himself over a possibly a nonexistent dream then that seems to be his fault. It's a shame how much stupid people can get to the point they would die for anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min ChristineM 230,944
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 1 hr Hooogle It 77
Evidence for God! 6 hr Uncle Sam 43
Heaven 6 hr susanblange 42
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 15 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
Our world came from nothing? 19 hr _Bad Company 1,103
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Wed Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE