Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 701)

Showing posts 14,001 - 14,020 of21,339
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jacktheladat1

Sheffield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I may be delusional, but 30 years ago I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. By the way, my psychiatrist of 36 years is Jewish and he believes in me.
Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly a child messing about, perhaps.
Most children are not that dishonest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Before when I would read the crazier posts on here I would chalk it up to a Poe because someone really couldn't be that stupid.... I have been informed that often times they can and indeed are that stupid.
<quoted text>
It almost makes be believe in a god, again-- to witness the miracle of a person who really >>is<< this stupid, but is able to read & write...

... then I realize that all it takes is a patient teacher of reading/writing....

... and I also realize just how many of these unsung heroes of our time, who manage to teach people that stupid, to ... read.

Kudos to modern teachers of the willfully stupid!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
As is heaven.
<quoted text>
Oh look! It's myths all the way down, too...!

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.
Give it time.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!

I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It almost makes be believe in a god, again-- to witness the miracle of a person who really >>is<< this stupid, but is able to read & write...

... then I realize that all it takes is a patient teacher of reading/writing....

... and I also realize just how many of these unsung heroes of our time, who manage to teach people that stupid, to ... read.

Kudos to modern teachers of the willfully stupid!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
And your brain as well.
<quoted text>
That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.
I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.

Seriously seek professional help.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.

Since: Apr 13

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

I guess you missed all the destruction, death and terror brought about from that same good teachings.

Tell your story to the 19 year old girl who had her nose and ears chopped off for running away from the man she was forced to marry at age 7.
Cia624 wrote:
One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!
I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
<quoted text>
Indeed-- hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons seem to be a requirement to be a good True Believer these days.

Either that, or taking some mighty strong drugs combined with some other equally strong medications, all downed with a liter of vodka (or a sixpack of beer--depending on what part of the GodBot kingdom you hail from...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
Indeed.

It's a damn shame, though...

... about yours, I mean.

Isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.
That explains...

... a great deal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Cia624 wrote:
That's fine, if you also ignore the OTHER lessons that religion teaches as well:

1) women are property (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

2) slaves should obey their masters (same as above)

3) all sex is bad (Genuine Christianity™)

4) sex with kids is fine (common to Genuine Islam™ and Genuine Catholicism™)

5) women should just shut the f**k up, and be good little subservient sex-slaves (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

6) men are in every way that counts, superior to women and children (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

7) only men deserve heaven (Genuine Islam™)

There's more, but it's all ugly.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.
Seriously seek professional help.
<quoted text>
I've been seeing the same psychiatrist for 36 years, he's Jewish and he does believe in me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
It's a damn shame, though...
... about yours, I mean.
Isn't it?
My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.
You may add some of the humor lacking on the forum.
Obviously you are a Republican state senator?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I've been seeing the same psychiatrist for 36 years, he's Jewish and he does believe in me.
If I were in your position, I would demand a refund.

He hasn't helped your insanity...

... of course, you could have been much-much worse, before...

... I know, I know... that's hard to imagine....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha !
POE!

Sorry you went way overboard there but it does show how schizophrenic many believers are.

Thanks for the laughs!
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,001 - 14,020 of21,339
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••