Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Lincoln

United States

#14776 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The serpent is a phallic symbol and there's never been war in heaven, that's a Christian myth.
Even Freud saw through the over use of the phallic reference.

telephone polls, cigars [Freud reference] and flag polls
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#14777 Apr 18, 2013
As is heaven.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>...there's never been war in heaven, that's a Christian myth.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#14778 Apr 18, 2013
And your brain as well.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh"
jacktheladat1

Sheffield, UK

#14779 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I may be delusional, but 30 years ago I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. By the way, my psychiatrist of 36 years is Jewish and he believes in me.
Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14780 Apr 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly a child messing about, perhaps.
Most children are not that dishonest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14781 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Before when I would read the crazier posts on here I would chalk it up to a Poe because someone really couldn't be that stupid.... I have been informed that often times they can and indeed are that stupid.
<quoted text>
It almost makes be believe in a god, again-- to witness the miracle of a person who really >>is<< this stupid, but is able to read & write...

... then I realize that all it takes is a patient teacher of reading/writing....

... and I also realize just how many of these unsung heroes of our time, who manage to teach people that stupid, to ... read.

Kudos to modern teachers of the willfully stupid!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14782 Apr 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
As is heaven.
<quoted text>
Oh look! It's myths all the way down, too...!

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14783 Apr 18, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.
Give it time.

Scottsburg, IN

#14784 Apr 18, 2013
Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!

I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It almost makes be believe in a god, again-- to witness the miracle of a person who really >>is<< this stupid, but is able to read & write...

... then I realize that all it takes is a patient teacher of reading/writing....

... and I also realize just how many of these unsung heroes of our time, who manage to teach people that stupid, to ... read.

Kudos to modern teachers of the willfully stupid!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14785 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And your brain as well.
<quoted text>
That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14786 Apr 18, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how the men in white coats haven't bothered about you're absence.
I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.

Scottsburg, IN

#14787 Apr 18, 2013
Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.

Seriously seek professional help.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.

Since: Apr 13

Honolulu, HI

#14788 Apr 18, 2013
One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

Scottsburg, IN

#14789 Apr 18, 2013
I guess you missed all the destruction, death and terror brought about from that same good teachings.

Tell your story to the 19 year old girl who had her nose and ears chopped off for running away from the man she was forced to marry at age 7.
Cia624 wrote:
One thing I got to say about religion is that the lessons they teach about life is good like don't kill or lie to others and stuff and I think that's what's important about religion people coming together as a society to live in piece and at the end it doesn't matter if god exists or not I am a neutral guy I don't care about god's existence I care about the message being told by the religion about life.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14790 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well if you would just suffer enough head injuries you would believe in god too! Remember Dave said hurting yourself is the key to enlightenment not studying those pfffft books!
I guess your life will be god free until you start taking a hammer to your temple.
<quoted text>
Indeed-- hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons seem to be a requirement to be a good True Believer these days.

Either that, or taking some mighty strong drugs combined with some other equally strong medications, all downed with a liter of vodka (or a sixpack of beer--depending on what part of the GodBot kingdom you hail from...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14791 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the scripture means, "soundness" refers to the brain.
Indeed.

It's a damn shame, though...

... about yours, I mean.

Isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14792 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in a hospital in over 27 years, these so called delusions are real and my doctor (Elijah) believes it too.
That explains...

... a great deal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14793 Apr 18, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
That's fine, if you also ignore the OTHER lessons that religion teaches as well:

1) women are property (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

2) slaves should obey their masters (same as above)

3) all sex is bad (Genuine Christianity™)

4) sex with kids is fine (common to Genuine Islam™ and Genuine Catholicism™)

5) women should just shut the f**k up, and be good little subservient sex-slaves (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

6) men are in every way that counts, superior to women and children (common to both Genuine Christianity™ and Genuine Islam™)

7) only men deserve heaven (Genuine Islam™)

There's more, but it's all ugly.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14794 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly you are not sound but we don't need your book of ancient desert fairy tales to demonstrate that.
Seriously seek professional help.
<quoted text>
I've been seeing the same psychiatrist for 36 years, he's Jewish and he does believe in me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14795 Apr 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
It's a damn shame, though...
... about yours, I mean.
Isn't it?
My problems started in childhood, I was an abused child and was "crucified" when I was 8 years old. My biological father is Satan, the reincarnation of Adam. In Isaiah 27:1 he's called leviathan the piercing, crooked serpent. The serpent is a part of his anatomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Brian_G 48,443
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 3 hr JustASkeptic 2
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 18 hr Cuddles7668 21,864
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 hr ChristineM 23,486
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 19 hr Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web