Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14756 Apr 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in short?
You just pick a little here, pick a little there, and twist it all up inside your own personal insane wish-dreams?
Is that about it?
How ..... convenient for you...
Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little..." I also do meditate and the pieces of the puzzle (verses) fit together. My faith is not a wish, if it were, the "crucifixion" never would've happened.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14757 Apr 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As if anyone cares, was this suppose to impress anyone?
Delusions are delusions.
<quoted text>
I may be delusional, but 30 years ago I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. By the way, my psychiatrist of 36 years is Jewish and he believes in me.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#14758 Apr 17, 2013
There is no maybe about it. You are shthouse rat insane.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I may be delusional, but 30 years ago I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. By the way, my psychiatrist of 36 years is Jewish and he believes in me.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14759 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly a child messing about, perhaps.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#14760 Apr 18, 2013
Before when I would read the crazier posts on here I would chalk it up to a Poe because someone really couldn't be that stupid.... I have been informed that often times they can and indeed are that stupid.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly a child messing about, perhaps.
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#14761 Apr 18, 2013
1. Why create the serpent?
2. The bible says there was a war in heaven. That often happens when religious people don't have sex.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly, not physically, God is actually asexual, like the angels. The serpent is something that was created, there's no sex in heaven.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14762 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I may be delusional, but 30 years ago I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. By the way, my psychiatrist of 36 years is Jewish and he believes in me.
Yawn...Poe.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14763 Apr 18, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
Maybe life too in the 21st century through the deadly rediation! Besides nature has different natural powers too.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14764 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You could say the flood was because of PMS though :))
<quoted text>
Nobody made you the judge of god. Such a thing never existed at all! That is the real truth!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14765 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven is a big party and there is a lot of dancing and Rock music. "The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song." Everybody has a guardian angel and that's what they do
Well what a silly religious garbage. Never happened!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14766 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Good of you to agree that you worship your satan the most.
For you give that god ALL the REAL power...
From thousands of socalled gods there reliogards was not even one a real one. Faith is just a myth too, nothing else! Not a billion of reliogards make them true! Why is that so? Religions are all fakes, lies and the playball of the richy and mighty ones! Without religions there would be less wars! In the nuclear age atomic wars will easily end mankind. Without nuclear wars radiation will end them by the many MKWs affairs!
Lincoln

United States

#14767 Apr 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
From thousands of socalled gods there reliogards was not even one a real one. Faith is just a myth too, nothing else! Not a billion of reliogards make them true! Why is that so? Religions are all fakes, lies and the playball of the richy and mighty ones! Without religions there would be less wars! In the nuclear age atomic wars will easily end mankind. Without nuclear wars radiation will end them by the many MKWs affairs!
View from Germany is funny...you have little influence in Germany with your hatred of your fellow man.
Just another atheist fundamentalist, so like the Jehovah's Witnesses, only with a blank book.
Science laughs at you.... no proof of anything what so ever.
keep posting as you are amusing
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14768 Apr 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking in Christian charity. Last time I checked this is an Atheism forum, not a forum for religitrolls to bash those who dont believe their particular myth version!

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#14769 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think this Susan character is just a ... poe.
Nobody could be this "lights out"....
Yeah, I think you're right.
Lincoln

United States

#14770 Apr 18, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking in Christian charity. Last time I checked this is an Atheism forum, not a forum for religitrolls to bash those who dont believe their particular myth version!
Frustrating that you are not in total control of "Your Forum".:-)
,,,are we mortals permitted freedom of speech ?
Frustrating for you that you do not control the World?
Fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist atheist deserve each other.-
I reject both!
...lurkers note your insecurity :-)
Peace
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14771 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14772 Apr 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what a silly religious garbage. Never happened!
Lamentations 3:63. "Behold their sitting down and their rising up, I am their music"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14773 Apr 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Poe.
What do you mean by "Poe"? Edgar Alan?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14774 Apr 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
1. Why create the serpent?
2. The bible says there was a war in heaven. That often happens when religious people don't have sex.
<quotedlxt>
The serpent is a phallic symbol and there's never been war in heaven, that's a Christian myth.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14775 Apr 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "Poe"? Edgar Alan?
No,'Poe" as in you're obviously a dumbass internet Poe.

Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min Regolith Based Li... 67,289
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 28,677
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Dogen 3,537
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web